The OTTB Wrestling News thread

Options

Comments

• TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PWInsider.com has heard from multiple sources that Raw star Braun Strowman, 33, who has been out of action after suffering an elbow injury last month. The word backstage at Raw was that Strowman was cleared to return to WWE action a week ago and will be back as soon as WWE Creative plots his return into Raw storylines.

Strowman underwent surgery in mid-May following the WWE European tour. At the time, WWE reported he had suffered a shattered elbow and would be out six months. That was likely stated in order to showcase Strowman making a huge superhuman comeback early.

Strowman, who has had great success as a singles star since the WWE brand split in the summer of 2016, had been in the midst of a feud with Roman Reigns when he was injured and promised he wasn't "finished with" Reigns yet. The original plan for Great ? of Fire was Brock Lesnar vs. Strowman.

So, as WWE starts their build to Summerslam next week, it should be interesting to see where Strowman fits into plans.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Brock/Strowman a big ppv caliber match leave that for their Second largest event Summer Slam.

For nOw focus on Brock vs Joe
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Holding him out to make what Roman did look like something

That's what they should have did when Braun killed Roman too tho
  • TheBoyRo
    Options
    According to Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio WWE officials are planning on doing a match between Triple H and WWE Hall of Famer Kurt Angle in the near future.

Meltzer did not comment on when the match will take place, or how they will get there, but it should be noted that there is currently a storyline WWE has been doing with Angle and Corey Graves.

Also, it was noted that RAW Commissioner Stephanie McMahon should be returning to TV soon to work play off Angle as the RAW General Manager.

Stephanie has not been seen on WWE TV since going through a table at WrestleMania 33. Kurt Angle was named the General Manager of RAW the night after WrestleMania.

Read more at http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/849157-huge-update-on-kurt-angles-in-ring-wwe-future#tsaxf8FAWFVgXIJ1.99
  • OGDirtyDee
    OGDirtyDee Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheBoyRo wrote: »
    According to Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio WWE officials are planning on doing a match between Triple H and WWE Hall of Famer Kurt Angle in the near future.

Meltzer did not comment on when the match will take place, or how they will get there, but it should be noted that there is currently a storyline WWE has been doing with Angle and Corey Graves.

Also, it was noted that RAW Commissioner Stephanie McMahon should be returning to TV soon to work play off Angle as the RAW General Manager.

Stephanie has not been seen on WWE TV since going through a table at WrestleMania 33. Kurt Angle was named the General Manager of RAW the night after WrestleMania.

Read more at http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/849157-huge-update-on-kurt-angles-in-ring-wwe-future#tsaxf8FAWFVgXIJ1.99

Im down for this, i alwaya told my coworkers Angle v Trips is something id totally be down for.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    not interested in seeing a HHH vs Angle match in 2017, although i enjoyed their rivalry in 2000. i rather see angle vs someone he's never faced before at this point. who knows how many matches dude has left
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bzoh7gsgfxs6.png
    Let 'em have it SHOW!!
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WWE Smackdown Live star John Cena, who will be returning to WWE TV on July 4th, recently spoke with The Wrap to hype the new season of “American Grit”, and below are some interview highlights:

On the notion that he is “protected and coddled” in WWE:

“If you look at my existence in WWE, I have never asked anyone and will never ask anyone to pull any punches. I believe that it’s a ‘Strong Survive’ environment, and accept nothing less. I think people forget my [history] in WWE sometimes and the fact that I truly had to earn every inch. There is this overwhelming perception that I am protected and coddled — that couldn’t be father [sic] from the truth.”

On accusations of him burying younger talent:

“This is why I have the reputation of quote-unquote ‘burying younger talent,’ because I will let them do whatever they want with me — and then after they get done, they’re not as motivated. So, it’s not that I sink their ship, it’s that they fail to operate at an elite level. And I’m on to the next person, [to] whom I say, “Hey man, bring your best punch and I’m gonna punch back” — and they don’t take that attitude beyond me.”
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    OGDirtyDee wrote: »

Im down for this, i alwaya told my coworkers Angle v Trips is something id totally be down for.

But theyve already fueded in the past, aint nobody tryna see that ? again when theres so many new ppl he can work with
  • OGDirtyDee
    Options
    farris2k1 wrote: »
    OGDirtyDee wrote: »

But theyve already fueded in the past, aint nobody tryna see that ? again when theres so many new ppl he can work with

I know im just not trippin if its a one off thing making sure Angle can still go if given to younger talent.
  • TheBoyRo
    Options
    Triple H seems to share some of the frustration expressed by fans over the way many of the NXT talents are booked when the move to the main roster. It seems like most of the pushed talent gets over on NXT shows but they are watered down when they move to Raw or Smackdown Live. Sure, guys like Kevin Owens and Shinsuke Nakamura are protected to some extent but, in general, most of the talent brought up to the main roster gets lost in the shuffle and no one is as over as they were when they were in NXT. American Alpha was not on this week’s Smackdown and have been treated as an afterthought in recent months. Fans have been critical of the way they’ve booked names like Sami Zayn and Bayley. At one point, Bayley was the most over act on NXT but these days she’s being forced to cut awkward promos written by the creative team. At one point, it was thought that Bayley would end up being the female equivalent of John Cena in terms of star power and merchandise sales.

On Saturday’s PWTorchVIP.com VIP audio show, Wade Keller talked about Triple H’s frustration with Vince McMahon and the way he books NXT call-ups. Keller said, “I have heard that [Triple H] is frustrated at times about this but he throws his hands up because there’s only so much you can do.” Keller talked about how awkward it must be having to deal with someone who is your boss and family at the same time. He continued, “That’s what Hunter faces all the time and then imagine being under public scrutiny for it. It’s not a great situation. Hunter is well aware of the awkwardness of trying to deal with Vince. Things don’t always go his way and sometimes he’s frustrated.”

Keller also talked about Triple H having to walk a fine line and pick his battles with someone who is his boss, family, and his wife’s father. Every current and NXT wrestler that has been interviewed has praised what Triple H has done with the brand. Last week, Impact Wrestling star Gail Kim praised Triple H for what he has done with the women. Triple H expressed confidence in her back in 2010 and the other women on the roster while Vince McMahon was booking them to be a sideshow act. During an interview with Kevin Eck, she said, “I honestly feel like [Triple H] has done so much for the girls, because he started that whole thing in NXT with the Four Horsewomen. When I left WWE, he was one of the people who was so positive. He told me, “You’re talented and don’t let anyone else tell you any different.”

Unfortunately, Vince McMahon is not showing any signs of slowing down and it doesn’t look like he will hand the reigns over to Triple H anytime soon but hopefully, the declining ratings for Raw and Smackdown Live will force him to change. Perhaps, it’s time to let Triple H take over and have complete control of the creative for the main roster shows. If ratings continue to decline then McMahon will be forced to make some changes because their TV contract will expire in a couple of years and they need a ratings boost as leverage during contract negotiations with the USA Network.
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Vince McMuffin gotta go bruh
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Smokey Tha Bandit Members Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote: »

nah yall stuck with his senile ass. keep reigns looking strong....
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options

Let it go bruh
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • OGDirtyDee
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    zt9ct34ncn3z.jpg

Got damn hit the rolli store with the rolli on
  • TheBoyRo
    Options
    Former Ring of Honor and Impact Wrestling power couple Mike Bennett and Maria Kanellis-Bennett are both expected to debut this weekend at WWE live events, according to PWInsider. The Bennetts have been signed to WWE for months, and were originally slated to debut on the TakeOver: Orlando show. However, there were not concrete storyline plans, and the idea was scrapped.

Now, the two are expected to be on the main roster, and start on the SmackDown Live brand beginning this coming Tuesday. There is also speculation that the couple could be involved in this Sunday’s Money in the Bank pay-per-view.

This will be the debut of Mike Bennett in the WWE. Maria, however, was with the company from 2004-2010. In 2014, Maria was very vocal that the Bella Twins, namely Nikki – over an incident with Dolph Ziggler at a party, were responsible for her not returning to the company, and “politics” were involved. She added that for a month, she prepared herself and got out of contracts because she thought she was returning. However, Maria has later stated that she has talked to Nikki Bella, and everything is cool now.

Although they are expected to be placed in a storyline upon their debut, there is no word on who they will feud with as of now.

Read more at http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/849823-major-update-on-two-former-impact-and-roh-stars-debuting-in-wwe-expected-to-be-at-smackdown-live#wjxmQFCd5dOkJBkT.99
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    WWE Smackdown Live star John Cena, who will be returning to WWE TV on July 4th, recently spoke with The Wrap to hype the new season of “American Grit”, and below are some interview highlights:

On the notion that he is “protected and coddled” in WWE:

“If you look at my existence in WWE, I have never asked anyone and will never ask anyone to pull any punches. I believe that it’s a ‘Strong Survive’ environment, and accept nothing less. I think people forget my [history] in WWE sometimes and the fact that I truly had to earn every inch. There is this overwhelming perception that I am protected and coddled — that couldn’t be father [sic] from the truth.”

On accusations of him burying younger talent:

“This is why I have the reputation of quote-unquote ‘burying younger talent,’ because I will let them do whatever they want with me — and then after they get done, they’re not as motivated. So, it’s not that I sink their ship, it’s that they fail to operate at an elite level. And I’m on to the next person, [to] whom I say, “Hey man, bring your best punch and I’m gonna punch back” — and they don’t take that attitude beyond me.”
    What a load of ?
  • OGDirtyDee
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Auska vs. Nikki Cross for the NXT strap in a last man standing match June 28(i believe).
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Smokey Tha Bandit Members Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Let it go bruh

3x5kbllh6zbt.jpg

yall reapin what yall sowed right now
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In b4 Big Al the one attacking RAW superstars
  • eternal soldier
    eternal soldier Members Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭✭✭