The OTTB Wrestling News thread

Options

Comments

• MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    OGDirtyDee wrote: »
    WWE suffering? Cancel the best show outside the main shows and canceled pyro....hmm

205 should go

Na you can't cancel 205 live, they got cruiserweight ? signed to contracts specifically for that show. They gotta find another way to get us to watch it.

Why not put 205 live on Wednesday after NXT, have a cruiserweight title match on an NXT takeover, and eventually start having cruiserweight Network specials. They definitely can't throw in the towel yet though, too much invested and it's too early.
  • Serious Juice Mayne
    Serious Juice Mayne Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    205 sucks that ain't no cruiserweight thang
  • eternal soldier
    eternal soldier Members Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheBoyRo wrote: »
    WWE has canceled Talking Smack as a weekly series, multiple sources have confirmed with PWInsider.com.

This past Tuesday's episode was its final episode on the WWE Network.

The series featured a lot of great character and promo work from different Smackdown roster performers including Kevin Owens and Alexa Bliss as well as Daniel Bryan and Renee Young doing a great job hosting.

The current plan, we are told, is to use Talking Smack exclusively as a post-PPV broadcast.

Lmao wow! WWE ? up!
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    smh

talkin smack responsible for the resurgence of miz n plenty more ? .
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MillzOG wrote: »
    WWE suffering? Cancel the best show outside the main shows and canceled pyro....hmm

205 should go

Na you can't cancel 205 live, they got cruiserweight ? signed to contracts specifically for that show. They gotta find another way to get us to watch it.

Why not put 205 live on Wednesday after NXT, have a cruiserweight title match on an NXT takeover, and eventually start having cruiserweight Network specials. They definitely can't throw in the towel yet though, too much invested and it's too early.

205 doesn't even need its OWN show though.. give em their spot in both brands, don't keep them brand exclusive.. 205 is a lot of unecessary set up and ? , and compared to RAW or SD, how many ppl are actually watching? I think it's an unecessary show tbh and I don't see it being around too long..
  • OGDirtyDee
    OGDirtyDee Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    MillzOG wrote: »

205 should go

205 doesn't even need its OWN show though.. give em their spot in both brands, don't keep them brand exclusive.. 205 is a lot of unecessary set up and ? , and compared to RAW or SD, how many ppl are actually watching? I think it's an unecessary show tbh and I don't see it being around too long..

Exactly, they want to save money cancel that ? and put the cruiserweight ? a brand..smackdown specifically. Went to Smackdown taping recently and i even thought they were doing the most having 5 people tape up the ropes to purple in the middle of the show then taping it back to blue then taping it back to purple for something nobody truly gives a ? about outside Neville.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? are short sighted. Get rid of 205 you might as well delete the cruiserweight division entirely.
  • OGDirtyDee
    edited July 2017
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    ? are short sighted. Get rid of 205 you might as well delete the cruiserweight division entirely.

No no no, nothing is short sighted. Its in your face how nobody truly wants to see the divison as a solo show. I been to 2 smackdown events since the start up, how many people gave a ? ...drunks and fans here and there but mostly people walking out or just watching in silence because they paid to be there but not so much interested.

The divison doesnt need its own show at all it just needs a home on one of the two brands. Will it ? it off?? Its already a life support brand with maybe 1 or two likeable guys not stars. ? is borderline ECW 2007 uninteresting with truly nothing to look forward to in eyes view. Smackdown could use the division just as an extra niche and give guys a easier way to flip from cruiser to other classes without being labled.

Point being, a cruiserweight based show will not work in the long run, its just not enough wrestlings wanting to see just crusierweights for it to be a success.
  • jono
    Options
    Its short sighted as ? . There isn't enough time for them to build any characters on RAW or SD. How us anyone going to get over fighting for TV time with people who are actually drawing the houses?

You going to cut a Roman Reigns segment for a Jack Gallagher segment? No. A John Cena segment? No. An AJ Styles segment? No. A Miz segment? No. Shinsuke Nakamura segment? No. A Kevin Owens segment? No.

Sami Zayn
    Dean Ambrose
    Braun Stroman
    Cass
    Etc etc

Whose segments are you going to cut to give the CW more time? The midcard guys, the guys who are barely on TV as it is. The tag teams and the women all suffer.

They need to build an audience. They need time to build an audience. Giving up on the division less than a year in is stupid.

Get rid of 205 and you might as well start releasing people, there's no time for them and no place for them. You can't even fit all of them on NXT.

205 only really carries the cost of talent anyway. The cameras are already there.

The UK show is supposed to be coming soon and they will have a similar issue, getting people to watch guys who aren't stars try to become stars.

There's barely enough time for the women on both brands and to be quite honest I think they need their own brand too. There's not enough women for both brands to have a full division.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    They do need time to build an audience

They also need better writing and 205 live not to feel like an episode of superstars or shot gun Saturday night

The wrestlers do the best they can with whats given and a select few stand out regardless but for the most part it's what caused tna to fail, nothing is standing out and it's WWE lite(weight)
  • OGDirtyDee
    Options
    mark my words that ? will be dead by 2019
  • OGDirtyDee
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Its short sighted as ? . There isn't enough time for them to build any characters on RAW or SD. How us anyone going to get over fighting for TV time with people who are actually drawing the houses?

You going to cut a Roman Reigns segment for a Jack Gallagher segment? No. A John Cena segment? No. An AJ Styles segment? No. A Miz segment? No. Shinsuke Nakamura segment? No. A Kevin Owens segment? No.

Sami Zayn
    Dean Ambrose
    Braun Stroman
    Cass
    Etc etc

Whose segments are you going to cut to give the CW more time? The midcard guys, the guys who are barely on TV as it is. The tag teams and the women all suffer.

They need to build an audience. They need time to build an audience. Giving up on the division less than a year in is stupid.

Get rid of 205 and you might as well start releasing people, there's no time for them and no place for them. You can't even fit all of them on NXT.

205 only really carries the cost of talent anyway. The cameras are already there.

The UK show is supposed to be coming soon and they will have a similar issue, getting people to watch guys who aren't stars try to become stars.

There's barely enough time for the women on both brands and to be quite honest I think they need their own brand too. There's not enough women for both brands to have a full division.

I will say your right Smackdown already hurting with mid guys so you def got a point.

Now even if they had good storylines and better writing....bruh they still not going to last because cruiserweights aint selling tickets.

WCW cruiserweights>>>WWE Cruiserweights and even then nobody was buying WCW ppvs for them. They are just a minor element and even the big WWE brand is not going to change that perception. It might be stupid to drop it to you but WWE has dropped alot more ideas and shows that had way more potential so only loss here to me is some getting cut and having a GFW career.
  • jono
    Options
    They don't have to sell tickets. The people are already there (for SD).

2019 is two years from now. The brand will be nearly 3 years old. It makes more sense to discuss 205 at that point than it does now less than 10 months into the program.
  • OGDirtyDee
    Options
    They don't have to sell tickets. The people are already there (for SD).

2019 is two years from now. The brand will be nearly 3 years old. It makes more sense to discuss 205 at that point than it does now less than 10 months into the program.

Bruh aint nothing going to be discussed come thenx wont be a 205 and I didnt mean literally ticket sales just saying nobody cares that much if at all. They will always be a minor element, there never was a need for the show from the jump, just another WWE experiment that will fall. Just my opinion.
  • Hevalisk
    Hevalisk Members Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheBossman wrote: »
    farris2k1 wrote: »
    I never gave a ? bout cass but espicially now, ? that dude

just because he supports Trump? Damn.

If he getting flack over it in the locker room, he must be one of those super Trump supporters, because he isn't the only wrestler that voted for Trump.

• TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hurry up and die Vince!!

Despite the belief that WWE Talking Smack was canceled as a weekly show because of low viewership, Justin Barrasso of Sports Illustrated is reporting Vince McMahon made the decision himself due to the show’s unscripted nature. The report adds Vince was ultimately not happy with the show and felt it was not in the company’s best interests to continue airing it on a weekly basis.

While Vince McMahon remains very closely connected to the TV product, he has been less present at actual events as of late, but he was at the TV tapings this past week, and made the decision on Tuesday night to cancel Talking Smack’s weekly format.

Read more at http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/861441-backstage-news-on-why-wwe-talking-smack-is-no-longer-airing-as-a-weekly-series-and-who-made-the-decision#CjiM5FM2Xmj7XApO.99
  • VIBE
    Options
    the unscripted feel is perfect and needed more often

I get RAW is his baby and all that ? but ? man, stop being afraid of ? and let things happen

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    u know vince gotta micromanage the talkin or the talkin is trash to him
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    It's like Vince really only cares about Mania and Raw everything else is like a step child or some ? to him
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's like Vince really only cares about cena and reigns everything else is like a step child or some ? to him

Fixed
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Options
    Honestly 205Live has had more long-term storylines than Raw and Smackdown this year. It's just not connecting. And its weird to have a pool of 15 wrestlers who only wrestle each other. Getting some familiar guys to mix it up with the 205 guys will get more interest.
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    KillaCham wrote: »
    Honestly 205Live has had more long-term storylines than Raw and Smackdown this year. It's just not connecting. And its weird to have a pool of 15 wrestlers who only wrestle each other. Getting some familiar guys to mix it up with the 205 guys will get more interest.

205 live does ? they don't even do on RAW or SD. Like that i Quit match. ? before then i think the last I quit match was John Cena vs JBL in like 08 or 09. They've had a couple other matches in that division that we haven't seen in a minute too
  • OGDirtyDee
    edited July 2017
    Options
    TonyDubbz wrote: »
    KillaCham wrote: »

205 live does ? they don't even do on RAW or SD. Like that i Quit match. ? before then i think the last I quit match was John Cena vs JBL in like 08 or 09. They've had a couple other matches in that division that we haven't seen in a minute too

? they trying to make it click but nobody truly wants to tune in to watch cruiserweights alone. Like somebody said put them on both shows as an added division so they can mix it up with different wrestlers not in the class but have the title defended between them specifically like Nitro.

No reason Austin Aries, Alexander, and hell even Neville should only be fighting purple light guys in every single match besides that title match.
  • VIBE
    Options
    it's the wwe's fault and they need to restructure the way they book/write ? .. crusierweifbts didn't need their own show back then..
  • playboy buddy rose
    playboy buddy rose Members Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Why not showcase tha cruiserweights on tha wwe ppv preshows.... instead of talking fa 45 minutes you could at least have 2 matches with tha 205 guys with adequate time plus have that 1 otha match within 1 hour