The OTTB Wrestling News thread

Options

Comments

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    Vince is legit heated over Nak dropping Cena like that...

Was that even Nak's fault?

What did Vince say?

I'll be honest, I never clicked the article, I just rolled my eyes and kept on. In the comments, ppl were talking abt it being Cena's fault, which I believe it is --he didn't commit to the move.

But why wld Vince be that mad? Nothing happened. Cena is ok. He said it's ok. Nak apologized and probably felt like ? for that. (regardless if it's his fault or not)
  • uncle gunnysack
    uncle gunnysack Members Posts: 86 ✭✭
    Options
    Vince is legit heated over Nak dropping Cena like that...

Was that even Nak's fault?

What did Vince say?

I'll be honest, I never clicked the article, I just rolled my eyes and kept on. In the comments, ppl were talking abt it being Cena's fault, which I believe it is --he didn't commit to the move.

But why wld Vince be that mad? Nothing happened. Cena is ok. He said it's ok. Nak apologized and probably felt like ? for that. (regardless if it's his fault or not)

Vince is going to protect his Irish moneymaker John cena
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They celebrated DX 20 year anniversary and new day with a tribute

• VIBE
    Options
    Rock upgraded the Bull tat

q32hbhko9kst.png
  • VIBE
    Options
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He was just on the radio talking about partying with the 4 Horsemen and 200 women and drinking with Andre the Giant, was going to go check him out at BTW with the Steiner Brothers, Tommy Dreamer and a bunch of other legends in Pawtucket but it just fell on a bad day, now I'm kicking myself I didn't, hopefully he pulls through
  • TheBoyRo
    Options
    Flair is currently hospitalized in Atlanta, GA, where he resides. The belief is that Flair is dealing with heart-related issues, which were initially described as simply "routine tests." Since Zanoni's Tweet, there has been an insane amount of activity among those in the pro wrestling industry with different stories about Flair's health being passed around.

Since there is no confirmation on any of that information, we won't report any of it. What we do know, based on what was written in Flair's own autobiography To Be The Man, the former NWA and WWF champion suffers from Alcoholic cardiomyopathy, a condition caused by excessive, prolounged alcohol abuse that can lead to heart failure. When one suffers from that condition, the toxic effects of alcohol on the heart's muscle leads to a situation where the ? is unable to pump blood efficiently.

It goes without saying that Flair, when he was wrestling, was one of the greatest performers in the history of pro wrestling and is at the top of any list when you rate professional wrestlers - work ethic in the ring, level of matches, promos, characters - whatever the discussion is, Ric Flair is there in the mix because he's a once in a lifetime performer who had an immeasurable amount of passion for what he did. He also carried himself in life the same way his character does on TV, with caution thrown to the wind.

I'm shedding legit tears if flair passes away like this
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If this dude got alcohol related heart issues and he's still out there drinking there will be no sympathy from me.
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If this dude got alcohol related heart issues and he's still out there drinking there will be no sympathy from me.

true, but with that said he's still Ric flair he's entertained me for years, just like Hogan, he may be a racist but you can't take away the moments.
  • TheBoyRo
    Options
    I'm seeing a lot of wrestlers sending well wishes to flair. I'm getting worried
  • VIBE
    Options
    word is he's in a coma now
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    Options
    Oh wow....hopefully he pulls through
  • JohnBlackwell
    JohnBlackwell Members Posts: 134 ✭✭
    Options
    Hoping he pulls through whatever this is. The wrestling world wouldn't be the same without Ric.
  • TheBoyRo
    Options
    Imagined if he passed away during Raw? That would be awful
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    Options
    Apparently Ric Flair going into surgery now
  • TheBoyRo
    Options
    Former Ring of Honor champion Adam Cole, 28, has signed with WWE for the NXT brand, PWInsider.com has confirmed with multiple sources.

Cole is slated to begin at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida this week.

Over the course of his career thus far, Cole has held the ROH championship three times as well as the promotion's TV title, the CZW Junior Heavyweight championship and the PWG championship, among other championships.

As I have written and said for months, if Cole wasn't with NXT by Takeover: Brooklyn, I would be shocked. It certainly appears he is well on his way to that debut.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Ric Flair is the reason why most of these wrestlers are wrestlers and most of us fans became fans in the first place. Damn hope he pulls through
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man Ric Flair has survive like 3 heart attacks, and two plane crashes where one of them he was like the only one to survive. He can't die man :'(
  • OGDirtyDee
    OGDirtyDee Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Ric Flair paved the way for stuntin in hiphop
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    OGDirtyDee wrote: »
    Ric Flair paved the way for stuntin in hiphop

Facts
  • VIBE
    Options
    WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair is reportedly out of surgery after being placed in a medically induced coma earlier today.

The update from Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer revealed Flair's situation is still 'real bad' and likens what he is going through to that of his Father who he lost to cancer recently. Meltzer noted that Flair's kidneys are functioning and he has no cancer. f4WOnline report Flair was scheduled to have surgery this week but it's unknown whether the surgery today was the original surgery scheduled or a new surgery.

Few details have been released officially by Flair's management other than he has been hospitalized since Saturday with heart-related issues. A number of sources reported today that Flair was put into a medically induced coma and he has been dealing with a bacterial infection and alcohol related issues.

Flair has a bad history with alcohol having developed something called “alcoholic cardiomyopathy,” a weakening of heart muscles” he revealed in his 2014 autobiography.

The fact Flair has made it out of surgery with no apparent complications is great news, of course, his recovery still has some way to go. We wish Flair all the best.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    TheBoyRo wrote: »
    Former Ring of Honor champion Adam Cole, 28, has signed with WWE for the NXT brand, PWInsider.com has confirmed with multiple sources.

Cole is slated to begin at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida this week.

Over the course of his career thus far, Cole has held the ROH championship three times as well as the promotion's TV title, the CZW Junior Heavyweight championship and the PWG championship, among other championships.

As I have written and said for months, if Cole wasn't with NXT by Takeover: Brooklyn, I would be shocked. It certainly appears he is well on his way to that debut.

tumblr_ocnkgeEwyl1r89qoso1_500.gif