Comments

• Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The samples on Parties are clean af...vintage Kanye production/flow/lyrics
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reading the uproar you'd think ? were saying it's classic.

All I've heard and read as far as ratings go is it's a 7 or 8/10, solid, good & a handful say it was great & some say it's trash. Its not like anyone is saying this is a masterpiece.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FML is so ? powerful
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    FML is so ? powerful

Ultra Light Beam
    FML

...my 2 favorite tracks
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CJ wrote: »
    Reading the uproar you'd think ? were saying it's classic.

All I've heard and read as far as ratings go is it's a 7 or 8/10, solid, good & a handful say it was great & some say it's trash. Its not like anyone is saying this is a masterpiece.

Bunch of ? get so insecure. They feel like good = you saying its a classic.

Everything is Classic or Trash, no in between. So if we say it's a good album their mind is warped to think we saying its the greatest thing ever. A sad life they live. Very sad.
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    KillaCham wrote: »
    DNB1 wrote: »
    Honestly after multiple listens, this is a good album.

Might be great.

Kanye is more than a rapper. The ? is genius.

I'm saying, don't expect a rapping album from Kanye anymore.

With this ? I look for what the other people he had involved do, cause then I can say that It ain't Kanye.

But Kanye got 7 albums that are all totally different from each other but still are so uniquely Kanye. - Joe Buddens

Cold ass ? musically....
    Just because it's different, experimental, or an artistic revolution doesn't mean it's great. Half of this ? is a glorified Travis Scott album.

I been saying this for like the last 4-5 ye albums lol
    People often call things "great" or "dope" when they don't understand it. I love Ghostface but he's a pure example.
  • clippyclipp n*gga
    clippyclipp n*gga Members Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Honestly I stopped listening to the album already, it's a decent album but nothing really calling me to play it non stop at all
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why do ppl act like it's impossible to like something that they don't..... Any time somebody like something they themselves ain't feeling it's becuz you "making yourself" like it as if the only things you can genuinely like is what they like too....Album is dope imo
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    The samples on Parties are clean af...vintage Kanye production/flow/lyrics

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Might be great.

With this ? I look for what the other people he had involved do, cause then I can say that It ain't Kanye.

But Kanye got 7 albums that are all totally different from each other but still are so uniquely Kanye. - Joe Buddens

Cold ass ? musically....
    Just because it's different, experimental, or an artistic revolution doesn't mean it's great. Half of this ? is a glorified Travis Scott album.

I been saying this for the like last 4-5 ye albums lol

I bet you loved Rebirth tho

nah I actually didnt, it had a couple songs I like though
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    after a few more burns of this cd it's pretty average.....got some good to great production but overall just terrible lyrics and content. like i said this auto tune ? just isn't for me

that ultra light beam is a tough ass track tho...probably my favorite song of the year so far

6/10
  • clippyclipp n*gga
    clippyclipp n*gga Members Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Might be great.

Cold ass ? musically....

I been saying this for the like last 4-5 ye albums lol

I bet you loved Rebirth tho

nah I actually didnt, it had a couple songs I like though

This ? lying lmao ? you ? slob anything Wayne drop you have been doing that ? for years now he want to switch up when ? pull his cards

• Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hol up did someone say feedback was a futuristic beat? What in thee loving ? ?
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Deluxe Phyical Edition (possibly) coming soon
    Kanye West released The Life of Pablo exclusively to TIDAL last week after premiering the album at his "Yeezy Season 3" fashion show at Madison Square Garden.

Since then, West said that the project will remain on TIDAL and will not be available for purchase.

However, a source close to the rapper tells The New York Times that he is preparing a deluxe physical edition to release for purchase. The source did not have a release date for The Life of Pablo deluxe edition, "citing Mr. West’s creative process."

The publication also sought comment from the other streaming services about receiving The Life of Pablo.

"We hope to have it soon," representatives for Spotify said in a statement.

West had previously said, "My album will never never never be on Apple."

The technology company declined to comment to The New York Times.

The album was illegally downloaded more than 500,000 times in the span of a day after its initial release.

hiphopdx.com/news/id.37561/title.kanye-wests-the-life-of-pablo-to-be-sold-in-deluxe-physical-edition
  • 25centsandwich
    25centsandwich Members Posts: 456 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Listened to the whole album a few times...i liked it. it was listenable which makes it easily better than yeezus. its on par with 808s and MBDTF (which wouldve been better if some of the tracks were shorter)...i think it tries to be late registration in 2016 but doesnt quite get there...

-the big problem is that it lacks substance...not saying there is none there but compared to TPAB which was somewhat of a sprawling album too kanye by himself struggles to keep up with the production...he puts future on some tracks to give it some life but he is out of his lane on this one...

now his other albums (aside from the tragedy that was Yeezus) made up for this by either putting alot of dope features (CD and LR) or keeping his verses short and pointed and letting the production shine (Graduation and 808s to an extent)...

he shouldve enlisted some better rappers to give it substance like CD, LR, or MBDTF...where is big sean? he and j. cole and the like wouldve added the weight to this album it needed as far as mainstream lyricsm goes...bibby, mensa (even tho i dont see his appeal at all) and chance wouldve worked for less known rappers...and a couple of his old favorites couldve worked as well even tho this album might be too avant garde for them to sound in place...future, cudi and travis scott are cool for what they do but this is a kanye west album...you need a bit of both imo

whats crazy is that the game puts everybody on his ? and is too good of a rapper to really need them and kanye overreaches or puts the wrong artists on his past two albums...

-the bigger problem to me tho is that a sonically good this joint is...it really never rises...honestly it sounds a bit mailed in...

the fact of the matter is this and i have said this about alot of the big mid 2000s rappers on there latest joints (jeezy, ti, game, wayne, ross, 50, lupe before T&Y), these are rich ? in their mid to late 30s with wives and grown ass kids...they simply arent gonna put the same energy into it as they did in 2005...thats just life...

now alot of the generation before them...em, nas, scarface, snoop, jay (even tho snoop and jay mail there share of albums in too) get by on pure skill or charisma but even they arent makin anything to compete with their classics...i thought kanye would be the best suited to make great albums for a long time because he was always more of the 'director-actor' than the movie star but to be honest...

why would deal with the ? of labels, money, scheduling, etc. when you can make alot of money on the music you want to do and when you can make a shitload of money from it by putting future or travis scott on it and callin it 'high art' (lol)...

i mean if i were kanye i would do the same thing, chill with my rich wife and small kids, design clothes and be done with it as well...

• Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm sorry. I just liked Kanye better when he was a genius instead of a man trying too hard to be a genius.

"Yes ? , hallelujah"
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lmaoo I'm not even taking a ? serious who complain about the lyrics

The lyrics are on par with what Ye always bring...at this point you reaching coming in here complaining about the lyrics

Post the verses up that was so unlistenable and different than anything Ye ever done
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh and ? Kris Jenner. She gon say "feels like Kanye is damaging the Kardashian brand"

Y'all gotdamn brand came from your daughter getting ? on camera and doing anything to stay relevant.
  • Mrs. Me Too
    Mrs. Me Too Members Posts: 331 ✭✭✭
    Options
    chiyosuke wrote: »
    Deluxe Phyical Edition (possibly) coming soon
    Kanye West released The Life of Pablo exclusively to TIDAL last week after premiering the album at his "Yeezy Season 3" fashion show at Madison Square Garden.

Since then, West said that the project will remain on TIDAL and will not be available for purchase.

However, a source close to the rapper tells The New York Times that he is preparing a deluxe physical edition to release for purchase. The source did not have a release date for The Life of Pablo deluxe edition, "citing Mr. West’s creative process."

The publication also sought comment from the other streaming services about receiving The Life of Pablo.

"We hope to have it soon," representatives for Spotify said in a statement.

West had previously said, "My album will never never never be on Apple."

The technology company declined to comment to The New York Times.

The album was illegally downloaded more than 500,000 times in the span of a day after its initial release.

hiphopdx.com/news/id.37561/title.kanye-wests-the-life-of-pablo-to-be-sold-in-deluxe-physical-edition

Yeah I was on Spotify earlier and under kanye West they had Pablo listed with the art work. When you clicked to listen it comes up with a message that it should be available soon.
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Options
    BobOblah first listen live review:

Alright just started listening. Dope production meaningless lyrics and Ye crooning, pretty expected for 2016 Kanye. Ultralight Beam is a nice intro.

A knockoff Future, whatever. Bleached ? line in the first 5 minutes is discouraging. Still plenty of time for Ye to redeem himself :#

Ok that Famous beat is tough especially when the Sister Nancy sample comes in. Ran that back 3 or 4 times.

Feedback- a little techno/Yeezus sounding but that beat crank and Ye spazzing is entertaining (BIG ? ? FOR YOU WOOOO!). Track had me hype in he gym.

Highlights- More knockoff future? Is it the real future? No that's Young Thug through autotune? Idk they all sound the same to me. Eh.

Freestyle 4- see Highlights review above. Production is more interesting on this one I guess.

I Love Kanye- Ye spittin lol. Somehow seems very appropriate for Kanye to rhyme Kanye with Kanye 20 times on a song called I Love Kanye

Waves, FML- Nasty production. Don't really remember anything said lyrically. I ? with Waves.

Real Friends- beat is super dope. Just realized I was getting bored the past 5 songs but this track woke me up. Still no lyrics to speak of really. If he wasn't gonna go in on any of these tracks he coulda at least featured great MCs who would, because I don't think any of these average rappers has yet. We can't get some Common, Mos Def, Cyhi, Pusha T bruh??

Wolves- musically dope, cool beat. Kanye rapping about ? just doesn't hold my attention tho.

Silver Surfer intermission- lol he did this just to ? with Wiz

30 hours- smooth. I can dig it. Oh Andre 3k??? Word, NOW we got a real rapper let's hear this. Oh no? You're just gonna say 2 words? Well ? you then. Why do you hate us Dre.

No more Parties in LA- dope. Btw do we know what Pablo he's talking about yet?

Facts- Nike Yeezys > Adidas Yeezys, facts.

Needs more listens of course, but first impression... It's maybe better than Yeezus but not by much. Only a couple tracks I see myself replaying much, same as Yeezus. I would never count Ye out or say it's over because I do think he's a mad genius and could always return to form, but let's just say Kanye albums aren't what they used to be. The songs I like off this are only because the production is fire, I'm struggling to remember one line off this album. Ye been talking about nothing since and including MBDTF. This album is ok. Hopefully it gets better with more listens.

Production - A
    Lyrics and content- F
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL at Kris Jenner talkin bout "but but he hurting the brand"

Bish, if I recall, if it wasnt for Ye, Kim would have NEVER made the cover of Vogue. The only reason she made the cover of Vogue was because the editor ? with Kanye.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BobOblah wrote: »
    Production - A
    Lyrics and content - F

dKVHu.gif