The Official World Politics Thread - All Breaking News here.

Options

Comments

• EmM HoLLa.
    EmM HoLLa. Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    So after digging for some information......

The United States Electoral College is the body that elects the President and Vice President of the United States every four years. Citizens of the United States do not directly elect the president or the vice president; instead they choose "electors", who usually pledge to vote for particular candidates

So our voices are not considered votes. Only votes of Senators and representatives are considered. This is the official cosign that out votes don't matter. We really have to start at representatives and senators.

You aren't 100% wrong but not 100% right either..

Simply each state is awarded electoral votes. If my memory serves me right the number of electoral votes each state gets is based on population. Which is why NY and CA have higher electoral votes than say Montana does. If the candidate wins the popular vote in the state all of that states electoral college votes go to that candidate.

Issue with this is.. Most folks who vote dem live in metropolitan areas and most republicans are un suburban/rural areas. So even though by the numbers there are more democratic folks and dems can win the popular vote by the numbers. The electoral college is what matters. This was put in place so that one state like NY or California will not be able to sway elections. If they could then candidates would only concentrate on the votes in those areas completely disregarded the lesser folks. This has been around since the beginning.

I've said this on this board before. The American constitution is really fascinating/brilliant document. The founding fathers had a lot of foresight when they put that doc together. Issue is.. It was not meant to serve black folks/minorities. On top of that the folks that administer the laws who are typically why carry their biases with them when administering the laws. Overall in theory the electoral college is a good thing. Just burned us twice.. First with Al Gore and again last night with Hillary.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »

The United States Electoral College is the body that elects the President and Vice President of the United States every four years. Citizens of the United States do not directly elect the president or the vice president; instead they choose "electors", who usually pledge to vote for particular candidates

So our voices are not considered votes. Only votes of Senators and representatives are considered. This is the official cosign that out votes don't matter. We really have to start at representatives and senators.

Simply each state is awarded electoral votes. If my memory serves me right the number of electoral votes each state gets is based on population. Which is why NY and CA have higher electoral votes than say Montana does. If the candidate wins the popular vote in the state all of that states electoral college votes go to that candidate.

Issue with this is.. Most folks who vote dem live in metropolitan areas and most republicans are un suburban/rural areas. So even though by the numbers there are more democratic folks and dems can win the popular vote by the numbers. The electoral college is what matters. This was put in place so that one state like NY or California will not be able to sway elections. If they could then candidates would only concentrate on the votes in those areas completely disregarded the lesser folks. This has been around since the beginning.

I've said this on this board before. The American constitution is really fascinating/brilliant document. The founding fathers had a lot of foresight when they put that doc together. Issue is.. It was not meant to serve black folks/minorities. On top of that the folks that administer the laws who are typically why carry their biases with them when administering the laws. Overall in theory the electoral college is a good thing. Just burned us twice.. First with Al Gore and again last night with Hillary.

The number of electors in each state is equal to the number of members of Congress to which the state is entitled, while the Twenty-third Amendment grants the District of Columbia the same number of electors as the least populous state, which is currently three. Therefore, there are currently 538 electors, corresponding to the 435 Representatives and 100 Senators, plus the three additional electors from the District of Columbia.

Just some info I found.

Point being, blacks have to be more proactive in non presidential votes. I remember during Bernie campaign, I told them I was voting Bernie and blew off the call. They said I had to vote on something else before the presidential race. In one ear and out the other.

• EmM HoLLa.
    EmM HoLLa. Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The number of electors in each state is equal to the number of members of Congress to which the state is entitled, while the Twenty-third Amendment grants the District of Columbia the same number of electors as the least populous state, which is currently three. Therefore, there are currently 538 electors, corresponding to the 435 Representatives and 100 Senators, plus the three additional electors from the District of Columbia.

Just some info I found.

Point being, blacks have to be more proactive in non presidential votes. I remember during Bernie campaign, I told them I was voting Bernie and blew off the call. They said I had to vote on something else before the presidential race. In one ear and out the other.

Agreed.. Minorities need to vote on a micro level or we won't be able to get ? done.. Obama's 2 terms is testament to that..
  • pimped_out_red
    pimped_out_red Members Posts: 894 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The mentality of the suppressor hasnt, they fear us, if you ever hear a pro white speech- they preach fear, scared they will be casted away, so they rationalize their hate...scared they goin to be at the bottom, and all this hate going to push them that way regardless...yo when will it be a good time to be alive for us?
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    This thread no longer serves a purpose TRUMP WON so it's time we stop crying and get over it for the next 4-8 years i hope we turn away from our political naivete and get to work on improving our individual lives and as a community i hope blacks finally realize that we have to cling together and stop suffering ? and weaklings pushing the

feminist, liberal, leftist agenda and on that note @desertrain10 how has your day been going?????

smh...

so no concern for the millions of blk americans who may end losing their health insurance

and police accountability, forget about it....

not to mention if he does cut the corporate tax rate and taxes for the wealth, the blk middle class will be the hardest hit

but ok...
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Imma keep my eye on this kid the next 4yrs.

He def a clone or a undercover lizard person

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »

He kept creeping me out all night. Forget The Don that Junior Trump may be the real anti christ on some Damien ? .
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Just some info I found.

Agreed.. Minorities need to vote on a micro level or we won't be able to get ? done.. Obama's 2 terms is testament to that..

Yup. We got Obama in, but we gave up the Senate.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    This thread no longer serves a purpose TRUMP WON so it's time we stop crying and get over it for the next 4-8 years i hope we turn away from our political naivete and get to work on improving our individual lives and as a community i hope blacks finally realize that we have to cling together and stop suffering ? and weaklings pushing the

feminist, liberal, leftist agenda and on that note @desertrain10 how has your day been going?????

smh...

so no concern for the millions of blk americans who may end losing their health insurance

and police accountability, forget about it....

not to mention if he does cut the corporate tax rate and taxes for the wealth, the blk middle class will be the hardest hit

but ok...

I am concerned about all those issues but the way to solve them does not exist on the current path black people are on Obamacare had too many problems the biggest tax cut will be for the middle class.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? THAT KID

tve91410-3449-20150712-0.jpg
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    lol I wonder what cause/issue Melania ? ass gonna champion
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The same liberal media that created the climate for this ? is now crying for mommy in order to help them carry on. Would be hilarious if it wasn't so pathethic. Damn vultures.
  • pimped_out_red
    pimped_out_red Members Posts: 894 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

He was tired, video was shot at 3am

kinda how i looked when i ushered in church as a kid, staying up late Saturday for street football and video games after 4am lol

I aint vote for trump before yall attack me, but leave kids out of this, especially yall ? riding blu ivy hoes, i said she needed her hair done and NICCA(ACTUAL GUYS) lost thier minds. Hypocrites
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Some ? she swagger jacks from the first lady that championed the betty ford clinic
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

Ironically enough she says cyber bullying lol...meaning Trump is going to have to answer repeatedly about his own past tweets for the next 4 years. He's going to hate the press
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SCOTUS being 7-2 conservative by 2020 gon be real as ? .
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Part of me love the fuckery of it all.

Obama should just be on some militant ? and close GITMO tomorrow. ? it, executive action, sue me, by court day he and the prisoners will be gone.
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Best thing that could've happened to america. Definitely the best thing that could've happened to black america. We know what they look like, we know what they think and we know how they move. 50 million people think and act like Trump. Thats 10 million a state. Move accordingly. They showed their hand. They haven't seen ours. If this doesn't teach us group economics and to look towards each other for help then nothing will. America has drawn it's line in the sand and it's on black people as a collective to decide how we are going to confront this. It's do or die. If black america doesn't ban together then there will be no black america in 2020.
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »

LOOOOOLLLOOLOLOLOL @ Floyd Mayweather

Remember our discussions regarding Hillary's electability versus that of Sanders?