The Official World Politics Thread - All Breaking News here.

Options

Comments

• Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    man twitter should banned trump block his phone from connecting to twitter and all the ips from the white house and trump towers lol
  • ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    King$osa wrote: »
    Peso dropping like a rock. Mexico is dumb as hell

raw

The peso has been dropping for months and a wall would only make it go lower. People have no idea how many ranchers on the border don't want a wall because they own land on both sides and use it for grazing

Peso was up this morning aorund 0.8%, and then dropped like a rock after the Mexican president cancelled. For Mexico this is stupid because Trump can easily take 14b from multiple places, and still hurt them in other ways. They depend on us.

So making them pay 14 billion is a good move for them

14b now is better than getting it taken out anyway plus other penalties. Mexico can't ? with us at all.

Mexico is the U.S's second biggest trading partner. Everyone would lose. You cant just say "Mexico cant ? with us" and plus that sounds stupid in a 2017 global economy.

....and What penalties? Trump could double the entry fees at the Mexico-US border but that would be a drop in the bucket to cover the 15-25 billion needed for the wall. You put tariffs on Mexican good, you have yourself a trade war.

You know not what you speak. There are no absolutes.

They already said it will likely be a border tax, and yes that covers it. 14b is a fraction of our budget.

And Mexico benefits way more from trade with us, than we do with them. They have no leverage, none. We could start ? with their remittance if we want, there's a whole host of things we can do. Then you got May coming from the UK here and talks of a UK trade deal.....bad timing for Mexico.

Your view is oversimplistic and just wrong.

Again, slapping tariffs on Mexican goods would make Mexico respond in kind. American consumers would pay the price for more expensive goods.

Markets are doing well now but they are very fragile and always have been highly speculative. Sh*t could snowball.

Trump can talk tariffs all he wants, but he doesnt want to be the man responsible for putting North America into a recession. That would truly be unprecedented. One man...

Oversimplistic? lol. Nah, I've ran my own company for quite a while and know this well. Notice....the US markets weren't shook at all by the news. To be clear, I don't even think Trump is going to drop that import tax on Mexico, its a negotiating tactic, but that's under the assumption that mexico isn't completely stupid. If they keep it up i think Trump will use another method of getting that 14b, he has lots of options.

And North America into recession? If anything we could get clost to 4% growth by 2018. Don't buy into the globalist scare nonsense the MSM pushes.

4% GDP? You clearly dont know what you're talking about. How do get from 1.5-2.5 annual growth to 4% within a year? Even most conservative economists would say thats ? .

You would need a massive influx of immigrant labor, and a sharp rise in workers productivity to even come close to 4% because our workforce is getting older and baby boomers are retiring from the workforce in droves. Most economists believe that any projection around 2% is a good number until 2020.

The variables are just not there. It really isnt that hard to understand.

I keep telling yall, invest now and profit on this ? .

Trump's plans could double US GDP growth by 2018, Deutsche Bank says

President-elect Donald Trump's policies have the potential to trigger a new age in U.S. economic growth that could serve as a global template, according to a Deutsche Bank forecast.

Gross domestic product growth would be double its current level under an agenda that cuts regulations across a broad swath of critical sectors, enacts tax reform that slashes personal and corporate taxes, and calls for at least $1 trillion in improvements for bridges, roads and other public projects.

"This policy mix has the potential of reigniting productivity growth and raising U.S. growth potential," David Folkerts-Landau, chief economist at Deutsche Bank, said in a report for clients. "While Trump introduces higher uncertainty, this is better than the near certainty of the continuation of a mediocre status quo."

The impact may not be felt immediately, but once the new agenda kicks in it will serve as a "game changer for the U.S. economy," Folkerts-Landau added.

In raw numbers, that would push 2017 growth to 2.4 percent and 2018 up to 3.6 percent. By way of comparison, the economy has grown an average of about 1.6 percent a year under President Barack Obama, the worst recovery since the Great Depression. Obama is the first president since Herbert Hoover not to see at least 3 percent growth for a calendar year.

U.S. growth will bleed into the world economy, according to Deutsche, which pushed its 2017 global GDP forecast from 3 percent to 3.4 percent.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/09/donald-trump-plans-will-double-gdp-growth-by-2018-deutsche-bank-says.html
  • naledgestate
    naledgestate Members Posts: 459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You would literally need two America's with decent to good economies to get a sustained 4% GDP growth.

Now excuse me while i go back and flag that comment for spam.
  • ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You would literally need two America's with decent to good economies to get a sustained 4% GDP growth.

Funny how your first reply even quoted Deustche Bank, but......then you now dismiss the same source speaking about how the GDP may in fact double.
  • naledgestate
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    King$osa wrote: »
    Peso dropping like a rock. Mexico is dumb as hell

raw

The peso has been dropping for months and a wall would only make it go lower. People have no idea how many ranchers on the border don't want a wall because they own land on both sides and use it for grazing

Peso was up this morning aorund 0.8%, and then dropped like a rock after the Mexican president cancelled. For Mexico this is stupid because Trump can easily take 14b from multiple places, and still hurt them in other ways. They depend on us.

So making them pay 14 billion is a good move for them

14b now is better than getting it taken out anyway plus other penalties. Mexico can't ? with us at all.

Mexico is the U.S's second biggest trading partner. Everyone would lose. You cant just say "Mexico cant ? with us" and plus that sounds stupid in a 2017 global economy.

....and What penalties? Trump could double the entry fees at the Mexico-US border but that would be a drop in the bucket to cover the 15-25 billion needed for the wall. You put tariffs on Mexican good, you have yourself a trade war.

You know not what you speak. There are no absolutes.

They already said it will likely be a border tax, and yes that covers it. 14b is a fraction of our budget.

And Mexico benefits way more from trade with us, than we do with them. They have no leverage, none. We could start ? with their remittance if we want, there's a whole host of things we can do. Then you got May coming from the UK here and talks of a UK trade deal.....bad timing for Mexico.

Your view is oversimplistic and just wrong.

Again, slapping tariffs on Mexican goods would make Mexico respond in kind. American consumers would pay the price for more expensive goods.

Markets are doing well now but they are very fragile and always have been highly speculative. Sh*t could snowball.

Trump can talk tariffs all he wants, but he doesnt want to be the man responsible for putting North America into a recession. That would truly be unprecedented. One man...

Oversimplistic? lol. Nah, I've ran my own company for quite a while and know this well. Notice....the US markets weren't shook at all by the news. To be clear, I don't even think Trump is going to drop that import tax on Mexico, its a negotiating tactic, but that's under the assumption that mexico isn't completely stupid. If they keep it up i think Trump will use another method of getting that 14b, he has lots of options.

And North America into recession? If anything we could get clost to 4% growth by 2018. Don't buy into the globalist scare nonsense the MSM pushes.

4% GDP? You clearly dont know what you're talking about. How do get from 1.5-2.5 annual growth to 4% within a year? Even most conservative economists would say thats ? .

You would need a massive influx of immigrant labor, and a sharp rise in workers productivity to even come close to 4% because our workforce is getting older and baby boomers are retiring from the workforce in droves. Most economists believe that any projection around 2% is a good number until 2020.

The variables are just not there. It really isnt that hard to understand.

I keep telling yall, invest now and profit on this ? .

Trump's plans could double US GDP growth by 2018, Deutsche Bank says

President-elect Donald Trump's policies have the potential to trigger a new age in U.S. economic growth that could serve as a global template, according to a Deutsche Bank forecast.

Gross domestic product growth would be double its current level under an agenda that cuts regulations across a broad swath of critical sectors, enacts tax reform that slashes personal and corporate taxes, and calls for at least $1 trillion in improvements for bridges, roads and other public projects.

"This policy mix has the potential of reigniting productivity growth and raising U.S. growth potential," David Folkerts-Landau, chief economist at Deutsche Bank, said in a report for clients. "While Trump introduces higher uncertainty, this is better than the near certainty of the continuation of a mediocre status quo."

The impact may not be felt immediately, but once the new agenda kicks in it will serve as a "game changer for the U.S. economy," Folkerts-Landau added.

In raw numbers, that would push 2017 growth to 2.4 percent and 2018 up to 3.6 percent. By way of comparison, the economy has grown an average of about 1.6 percent a year under President Barack Obama, the worst recovery since the Great Depression. Obama is the first president since Herbert Hoover not to see at least 3 percent growth for a calendar year.

U.S. growth will bleed into the world economy, according to Deutsche, which pushed its 2017 global GDP forecast from 3 percent to 3.4 percent.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/09/donald-trump-plans-will-double-gdp-growth-by-2018-deutsche-bank-says.html

Isnt Deutsche bank on the brink and in need of a bailout? They're a pen stroke away from being owned by China.

Aint nobody trynna listen to what them ? got to say.

• BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
  • naledgestate
    edited January 2017
    Options

Funny how your first reply even quoted Deustche Bank, but......then you now dismiss the same source speaking about how the GDP may in fact double.

I never quoted or used Deustche bank as a source since you made your 4% gdp growth claim. My only source is from the US Federal Reserve.

I honestly dont know whay you're talking about.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gh0st wrote: »
    [img]https://scontent-iad3-1.? .fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/fr/cp0/e15/q65/16179751_1553260124702979_8284270821998021069_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=367283b08155a392e6532e6671ace160&oe=591AF512[/img]

Ha!

91bfa527616818863ad5fe1b9d75b703659122e9e1226cf3bba08489158886b9.jpg

I'm seriously thinking of joining twitter just to troll dumb ? like this

Trolling on Twitter & FB is the GOAT
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ghostdog56 wrote: »
    VIBE wrote: »
    keieq7x18rw4.png

And dumb ? will still support them

uc0kzvp3vqi3.gif

I see you flagged my posts. I know Im killin you with the realness. I dont care enough about you or your nonsense to flag you. Your no threat or factor to me. I aint troll nobody. I stated that tweet is hearsay, which it is and he named no names. Just pointed out the truth. Your showing you cant take it and in your feelings. Embarrassingly easy to beat and see through. But f it i can flag too. So here you go. Your the type to get banned.

A hit dog hollers. You ? always support Shaun king when he's rallying blm but now he's putting out false information when it doesn't conform to your views ? . That white ? is as liberal as they come why would he put that out about them if it wasn't true? And of course no names were given you think them ? want to lose their jobs? But I tell you one thing I bet you believe all of those anonymous sources that say ? about trump. Like Malcolm x said you ? are political chumps.

it7nglke7wob.gif
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options

A majority of Donald Trump voters think that their president should be allowed to have a private email server.

Yes, we’re serious.

dzt0zvczdvhv.png

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.buzzfeed.com/amphtml/stephaniemcneal/trump-voters-think-he-should-be-able-to-have-a-private-email?client=safari

• Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    ^^^lmaooooo u cant be serious, u just cant be
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trump's bringing back waterboarding. GOAT.
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    A majority of Donald Trump voters think that their president should be allowed to have a private email server.

Yes, we’re serious.

dzt0zvczdvhv.png

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.buzzfeed.com/amphtml/stephaniemcneal/trump-voters-think-he-should-be-able-to-have-a-private-email?client=safari

They're gonna regret saying that once they find out they're not getting reimbursed for that wall and end up paying more for insurance.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trump really needs to cool it with all this ? talking.

Most ppl around the world already think Americans are ? . But hearing the president talking all this ? , jus confirms it.

He is gonna destroy any goodwill America has around the world. When the next big terrorist attack on american soil happens, the world might not care. Cuz ppl gonna say, America brought it upon itself. Like its digging its own grave....like Malcolm said years ago. "Chickens coming home to roost."
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    riddlerap wrote: »

everyone in this thread is against this apparently. i guess playing nice with terrorists is better.
  • 313 wayz
    313 wayz Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Trump_Regrets on Twitter is hilarious and I don't even feel sorry for they ? that are now complaining about voting for Trump
  • naledgestate
    Options

everyone in this thread is against this apparently. i guess playing nice with terrorists is better.

Cigarettes and beer work better than torture.
    -General "Maddog" Mattis

“It has always been recognized that this way of interrogating men, by putting them to torture, produces nothing worthwhile.”
    -Napoleon

Study after study has proved that ? doesnt work plus its unconstitutional.
  • King$osa
    King$osa Members Posts: 319 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

-General "Maddog" Mattis

“It has always been recognized that this way of interrogating men, by putting them to torture, produces nothing worthwhile.”
    -Napoleon

Don't try to explain ? to that CAC he doesnt understand logic
  • 313 wayz
    313 wayz Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options

-General "Maddog" Mattis

-Napoleon

Exactly......Torture doesn't work.....you would admit you were responsible for the murders of Biggie and Pac just for them to stop torturing you....it doesn't work period
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CNN just said that Trump is gonna call Putin on Sat.?

I haven't looked into this, but was this know or is this now a leak?
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so it's news rn.. this dude wasted no time doing this.. smh