Better Diss on 1.30.16 Meek vs Drake (WWE 2k16 Match inside)

Options

Comments

• leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Meek Mill - 'War'
    I wasn't really ? with Meek music much in the past. Wasn't feeling it when he first came out so didn't check for it. It always felt like he was trying too hard rapping too loud trying to match the aggression of the beat.

But I'm digging on this one....and ? the back and forth disses even with that aside as a standalone track this ? go. From the beat to the flow.

The drake track was cool but ain't move me much and kinda got boring midway through....and I do ? with some of Drake music, historically far more than Meeks.
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ricky >>> War Time

Anybody else feel Omelly shouldve spit longer
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Meek Mill - 'War'
    R.D. wrote: »

You only tough online...save that for one of these other ?

I feel you my ? , and I can tell you got that jack mack between your legs so please stop false reppin' the city with that Rockets logo you stay making us look weak. Just kick back in Clear Lake and enjoy your internet experience.

R.D. = Riverdale? I come on here for ? and giggles but the proper arrangements can be made if need be. I won't be catering to you no more unless I receive that pm.

He ain't from the town bruh he lost a bet last playoffs be he was so comfortable rockin the logo he never changed it.
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Drake - 'Summer Sixteen'
    ofcourse this ? ? @illedout just following me in threads to flag my ? . ? grow up and hop off my ? .you been doing this couple weeks now you starting to look suspect .
  • RickyRich
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Drake - 'Summer Sixteen'
    ? ? @illedout
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meek Mill - 'War'
    The Recipe wrote: »
    xxCivicxx wrote: »
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    Wall of text saying absolutely ?
    Ghostwriters water down your claim to be the best
    Period

? all that the onus is on the viewer to decipher the 5 fingers of death times the square root of the hypotenuse of their grandma's house ?
    Saxophones and guitars and other genres and blah blah blah
    The ? playing the saxophone is the one with the talent
    Not the one moving his fingers up and down the instrument looking like he's playing while a recording from off stage plays the music
    ? head

Quoted and Bolded for Emphasis..

I've defended Drake on this forum when ? was bashing his soft ways.. Cuz I felt the ? could rap.. Period.. But being that he rapping other ? verses all those time I defended him I was dead wrong.. I'll still bump his ? .. But as a ? who grew up down the street from Sedgwick and Cedar.. You cannot claim to be one of the best.. Claim to be Hov.. And you don't write all ya ? raps.. End of Story!

If he goes into the hall of fame an asterisk needs to be next to his name like Mark McGwire, Sammy Sosa, and Barry Bonds..

This is all I've been saying

Drake is a pop act, not a rapper. I just want his stans to acknowledge this

And drake really needs to stop talking that "I'm one of the greatest ever" ? cuz it's complete fairy tales

In all fairness he one of the greatest pop rappers of alltime if not the greatest already......... Lol

I agree
  • EmM HoLLa.
    EmM HoLLa. Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meek Mill - 'War'
    Hot Line Bling don't get no Bing in this new WRAITH!
  • victory_kid
    victory_kid Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake - 'Summer Sixteen'
    I truly don't see how this track from Meek is better. Truly, he isn't saying anything in verse that is quote worthy or did any damage. Yes, the beat is nice, his flow is pretty cool, but that is it. Let's be honest here people lol.

Drake is clearly poking fun at dude's flaws at this "war" they are in.
    I let the diss record drop, you was staying right below me, ?
    We must have played it a hundred times, you was going to bed
    Why would I put on a vest I expect you to aim for the head?

This ? is chess... it ain't checkers!

But here Meek is talking about selling coke, having a bad chick, his crew rolls with expensive cars and all. Stealing OVO chains, and calling Drake a culture vulture isn't going for the ? . This is son's third reply (I think) and this is all he can come up with? Meek needs haymakers, not light jabs and talking about ? that the rap industry already knows.
    When I met you, you was on my ?
    Asked me to hold the DC chain, now you on some ?
    Omelly told me get it back cause he's like "boy's a ? "

Drake (one of the biggest artists) is repping your brand, and Omelly is ? at that? LMAO! That's feminine movements if you asked me, that's a diss to Omelly more than it is to Drake IMO.

But I get it, people want Drake to lose, so it is what it is.
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Drake - 'Summer Sixteen'
    Both songs are good, not classic diss tracks by any means tho. Drake barely edges it out. To me it's not even much of a battle anymore (it really wasn't to begin with). People say its not too late for Meek but come on, this ain't 1992. This day in age the masses expect a response on the jump (and a hard one at that). If Meeks song or some variation of it came out 7 or 8 months ago he would be good. However it's just don't feel as hard hitting as it would of then. At the end they still put out some ok ? , but neither one make me feel like "ok he just deaded this ? ".
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Meek has the better "diss" but it's kinda ? for him the only reason his ? was so much better is because it's damn near certain he heard Drake song 1st then recorded his.
  • RickyRich
    Options
    Drake - 'Summer Sixteen'
    I truly don't see how this track from Meek is better. Truly, he isn't saying anything in verse that is quote worthy or did any damage. Yes, the beat is nice, his flow is pretty cool, but that is it. Let's be honest here people lol.

But here Meek is talking about selling coke, having a bad chick, his crew rolls with expensive cars and all. Stealing OVO chains, and calling Drake a culture vulture isn't going for the ? . This is son's third reply (I think) and this is all he can come up with? Meek needs haymakers, not light jabs and talking about ? that the rap industry already knows.

Drake (one of the biggest artists) is repping your brand, and Omelly is ? at that? LMAO! That's feminine movements if you asked me, that's a diss to Omelly more than it is to Drake IMO.

bro drake put meek on first headline tour . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bXwQk6pjH4

look aat this ?
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meek Mill - 'War'
    I hate this new generation.... We done went from judging diss tracks by just who's ? was the hardest to now who has more quotables and who's diss can strippers shake they ass to more smh
  • Lebong James
    Lebong James Members Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meek Mill - 'War'
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    I hate this new generation.... We done went from judging diss tracks by just who's ? was the hardest to now who has more quotables and who's diss can strippers shake they ass to more smh

don't forget the memes
  • blackrain
    Options
    Sion wrote: »

Charlemagne gonna give Drake donkey of the day lol

50 Cent, Kanye West, Fat Joe, Jarule, Puff Daddy, Cam'Ron, all could have used that advice.....

I guess from CTG's perspective he really didn't have to make a new diss track. Tellin yall in 6 months these idiots will say Drake lost to Meek Mill SMMFH.
    You realize how many idiots have said that before this weekend happened though? If you really want someone to lose then they'll look for every type of moral victory til they got one.

First it was but he got ghostwriters.

Then it was white corporate America helped him

Then it was Drake disses weren't effective, it was white girl support and MEMEs that helped Drake.

It's only til half a year later hateful ass ? can finally say Meek got the better, and even that's debatable.

It's like ? who hate the Patriots, so instead of giving credit where credit is due, you constantly gotta look for a cheating angle.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners. Both Drake and Meek could learn from that but they both feeding into this negative energy out of pride.

All of the bolded is true, none of which has been used to give Meek any sort of win as much as it's been used to discredit Drake from a Hip-Hop ethics standpoint. The issue has always been, the ? that's been going on the past 6 months isn't healthy for the game in general.

? Meek vs. Drake for a second.

1. Excusing ghostwriting for the amount of content Drake has been exposed dilutes authenticity. Then ? want to double down on it by saying legend X does it, so it must OK makes it worse. THEN ? simultaneously want to complain about how ? / fake the music and game is. It is unhealthy for Hip-Hop.

2. Corporate entities ganging up on any young MC / black brother / Hip-Hop contributor for the sake of lulz, wave riding, ? hopping or anything otherwise indirectly exposes all of us from a cultural standpoint, and sets a dangerous precedent. It is unhealthy for Hip-Hop.

3. ? paying more attention to ? memes than the actual musical content that stems from said beef is clearly unhealthy for Hip-Hop. Example?

-? constantly reciting "Is that a world tour or your girl's tour" is valid because it's music related.

-? regurgitating the same L memes, and then other ? basing a win or lose off of said memes is not.

? do not care as much about the victor of this dispute. What they care about is seeing Drake held accountable for his fouls.

I'm not even trying to be an ? but thats a purist's perspective. It's entertainment plain and simple. The memes is apart of that. It's not the 90s anymore, where its just music, social media plays a huge role in entertainment now. That wasn't around in the 90s. We all know that rap is not real but this is like watching a wrestling fan find out it isn't real and surprised to learn Rick Flair doesn't really have 50 jets or that Rock and Austin are best friends in real life.

And Drake did hone up to the ghostwriter comments and said he'd have no issue being at the forefront of the argument to have the conversation and no one said anything after. It's not even about Drake, ? just don't like him and would rather he be erased from rap. What do YALL want him to be accountable for ? Being himself ?? It is what it is....

But it NEEDS to be just about the music. There lies the problem. All this other ? is excess unnecessary-ness

I agree but that's changed a great deal now, like in sports its a business you gotta be as savvy off the field as you are on the field. It's not as 1+1 anymore. The public doesn't care if you can't land a hit record that's on you but if there's other ways you can win then by all means.

Nowadays we can actually contact celebrities directly through social media and influence their actions or communicate with them. Whether you're at work or at home. It's the gift and the curse.

Man,

I cant even imagine what the hell the Biggie & 2pac beef would have been like in this era.
    The Jay & Nas probably never would have squashed the beef in this era.

Way too many other things at play that dont involve the music.

Don't pretend as if the Pac and Biggie beef didn't have outside factors affecting it though...magazine's was profiting off of people actually losing their lives behind this beef. It was a lot more to that beef than Pac making diss songs
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Meek Mill - 'War'
    GetoBoy wrote: »

don't forget the memes

You right can't forget about those..... And who's track we can get the best emoji from.... Fml
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meek Mill - 'War'
    war better diss and better overall track
  • blackrain
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

Charlemagne gonna give Drake donkey of the day lol

50 Cent, Kanye West, Fat Joe, Jarule, Puff Daddy, Cam'Ron, all could have used that advice.....

I guess from CTG's perspective he really didn't have to make a new diss track. Tellin yall in 6 months these idiots will say Drake lost to Meek Mill SMMFH.
    You realize how many idiots have said that before this weekend happened though? If you really want someone to lose then they'll look for every type of moral victory til they got one.

First it was but he got ghostwriters.

Then it was white corporate America helped him

Then it was Drake disses weren't effective, it was white girl support and MEMEs that helped Drake.

It's only til half a year later hateful ass ? can finally say Meek got the better, and even that's debatable.

It's like ? who hate the Patriots, so instead of giving credit where credit is due, you constantly gotta look for a cheating angle.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners. Both Drake and Meek could learn from that but they both feeding into this negative energy out of pride.

All of the bolded is true, none of which has been used to give Meek any sort of win as much as it's been used to discredit Drake from a Hip-Hop ethics standpoint. The issue has always been, the ? that's been going on the past 6 months isn't healthy for the game in general.

? Meek vs. Drake for a second.

1. Excusing ghostwriting for the amount of content Drake has been exposed dilutes authenticity. Then ? want to double down on it by saying legend X does it, so it must OK makes it worse. THEN ? simultaneously want to complain about how ? / fake the music and game is. It is unhealthy for Hip-Hop.

2. Corporate entities ganging up on any young MC / black brother / Hip-Hop contributor for the sake of lulz, wave riding, ? hopping or anything otherwise indirectly exposes all of us from a cultural standpoint, and sets a dangerous precedent. It is unhealthy for Hip-Hop.

3. ? paying more attention to ? memes than the actual musical content that stems from said beef is clearly unhealthy for Hip-Hop. Example?

-? constantly reciting "Is that a world tour or your girl's tour" is valid because it's music related.

-? regurgitating the same L memes, and then other ? basing a win or lose off of said memes is not.

? do not care as much about the victor of this dispute. What they care about is seeing Drake held accountable for his fouls.

I'm not even trying to be an ? but thats a purist's perspective. It's entertainment plain and simple. The memes is apart of that. It's not the 90s anymore, where its just music, social media plays a huge role in entertainment now. That wasn't around in the 90s. We all know that rap is not real but this is like watching a wrestling fan find out it isn't real and surprised to learn Rick Flair doesn't really have 50 jets or that Rock and Austin are best friends in real life.

And Drake did hone up to the ghostwriter comments and said he'd have no issue being at the forefront of the argument to have the conversation and no one said anything after. It's not even about Drake, ? just don't like him and would rather he be erased from rap. What do YALL want him to be accountable for ? Being himself ?? It is what it is....

But it NEEDS to be just about the music. There lies the problem. All this other ? is excess unnecessary-ness

I agree but that's changed a great deal now, like in sports its a business you gotta be as savvy off the field as you are on the field. It's not as 1+1 anymore. The public doesn't care if you can't land a hit record that's on you but if there's other ways you can win then by all means.

Nowadays we can actually contact celebrities directly through social media and influence their actions or communicate with them. Whether you're at work or at home. It's the gift and the curse.

Man,

I cant even imagine what the hell the Biggie & 2pac beef would have been like in this era.
    The Jay & Nas probably never would have squashed the beef in this era.

Way too many other things at play that dont involve the music.

Don't pretend as if the Pac and Biggie beef didn't have outside factors affecting it though...magazine's was profiting off of people actually losing their lives behind this beef. It was a lot more to that beef than Pac making diss songs

Obviously....

However in this era we have the Internet. Home to social media memes, jokes, and more. Imagine corporate brands like ? McDonalds tweeting to Burger King : ? your burgers and the clique you claim...

This is true but that's also because of the more serious nature of that beef. Ain't nobody expecting Drake and Meek to come to blows but it wasn't no doubt that Deathrow and Bad Boy had a serious issue that went beyond music so comparing the 2 and the media reaction won't ever match up.

Plus through the complaining about Meek getting lit up on social media it seems you forgot one thing. It went there because that's how Meek chose to address this. He always uses social media to air out his problems with people and then wants to cry when that ? backfired. Same ? happened when he went off about Wale not supporting his single on social media only to find out he'd done it weeks before. Meek ain't this innocent bystander who got caugt in the crossfirw a lot seem to want him to be. He started this entire thing he just ain't think his plan all the way through.
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meek Mill - 'War'
    WorlBoss wrote: »

bro drake put meek on first headline tour . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bXwQk6pjH4

look aat this ?

Drake also helped meek w "amen" the biggest single on Meeks first album
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meek Mill - 'War'
    ? say the same ? over and over
    "Drake got Kendrick his first tour!"
    "Drake got meek his first tour!"
    So?
    You want a ? to damobb2deep him for life or some ? ?
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmaooo more supermans hovering around

#SaveMeek
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake - 'Summer Sixteen'
    Same ? in here sayin memes dont count was in the 50 Cent thread sayi...you know what nevermind...
This discussion has been closed.