The official 2016 NFL off season thread

Options

Comments

• bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? really love to hate the NFC East huh?

I don't hate the NFC East. I hate the delusion around it. Y'all really are just another division (just like a lot of other ones...NFC South included), so there's no need to be on every Sunday and Monday night. Or to talk about the division like it's made up of top tier teams with awesome rivalries (like the AFC North). Cowboys/Redskins rivalries? 3 playoff wins in the past 15 years...no one gives a ? about that rivalry. "We always play each other close though"...it's a ? divisional game, tons of teams play each other close. NFC East is just another division.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    This upcoming season has so many storylines I can't wait for it to start...

*Giants offseason moves
    *Norman coming to Nfc east
    *LA Rams
    *Cowboys romo injury comeback n suspension
    *The Jaguars (def gonna try them on madden 17)
    *Sanchez starting 4 the defending super bowl champs...

alot going on..know I left a few out

I hate this. I'm not mad at your for saying it, you're right. I just hate hearing things that makes the NFC East sound like the best thing ever in the NFL no matter how bad they are. Saying Norman is going to an average team in a bad division just doesn't sound as appealing though I guess.

We are the best thing ever in the NFL ? u talkin bout

The treatment of the NFC East is damn near the most annoying thing in the league. Why the Eagles have like 3 prime time games? They lost all their star power, their coach, and their games.

Maybe cause we have the most die hard fans or maybe cause our division still has more Super Bowls than any other division in football.......with only 3 teams :joy:

Nobody cares about stuff from over a quarter century ago when they're checking out the MNF schedule. This millennium the Skins and Cowboys have a total of 3 playoff wins.

? u the one crying about the ? and wondering why it happens every year and I'm trying to tell u why. Somebody cares, perhaps most of the east coast and one of the biggest states in the country?
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options

*Giants offseason moves
    *LA Rams

I hate this. I'm not mad at your for saying it, you're right. I just hate hearing things that makes the NFC East sound like the best thing ever in the NFL no matter how bad they are. Saying Norman is going to an average team in a bad division just doesn't sound as appealing though I guess.

The treatment of the NFC East is damn near the most annoying thing in the league. Why the Eagles have like 3 prime time games? They lost all their star power, their coach, and their games.

Maybe cause we have the most die hard fans or maybe cause our division still has more Super Bowls than any other division in football.......with only 3 teams :joy:

Nobody cares about stuff from over a quarter century ago when they're checking out the MNF schedule. This millennium the Skins and Cowboys have a total of 3 playoff wins.

The bucs are one of 2 teams to go winless in a season in this quarter century lol
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

*Giants offseason moves
    *LA Rams

Dog you're a bucs fan...nuff said!

• natural born sinners
    Options
    The intrigue of Norman in the nfc east has more to do w the receivers he will be facing and people wondering if he is truly a shut down corner or will be exposed
  • natural born sinners
    Options
    As much as the Norman n OBJ ? annoyed me..it was entertaining
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I don't hate the NFC East. I hate the delusion around it. Y'all really are just another division (just like a lot of other ones...NFC South included), so there's no need to be on every Sunday and Monday night. Or to talk about the division like it's made up of top tier teams with awesome rivalries (like the AFC North). Cowboys/Redskins rivalries? 3 playoff wins in the past 15 years...no one gives a ? about that rivalry. "We always play each other close though"...it's a ? divisional game, tons of teams play each other close. NFC East is just another division.

If nobody gives a ? about the rivalry then why do we get primetime games bruh? Obviously somebody cares, juat cause nobody gives a ? about the NFC South and the teams in it in general don't come for the East bruh.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You got the fanbase

But y'all ? gotta get some post season wins this decade.
  • pimped_out_red
    pimped_out_red Members Posts: 894 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

If nobody gives a ? about the rivalry then why do we get primetime games bruh? Obviously somebody cares, juat cause nobody gives a ? about the NFC South and the teams in it in general don't come for the East bruh.

The whole division hype is from its media market size.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't have numbers in front of me to back this up, but I'm gonna take a wild guess and say NFC east games bring in high tv ratings. factor in the star power between the four teams (past and present), historic rivalries etc. and that's why they're always in primetime
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    You got the fanbase

But y'all ? gotta get some post season wins this decade.

I said the same thing a few days ago too many of these ? holding onto yesteryear trynna stick their chest out off postseason success they were barely alive for and I'm sick of it lls
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    I don't have numbers in front of me to back this up, but I'm gonna take a wild guess and say NFC east games bring in high tv ratings. factor in the star power between the four teams (past and present), historic rivalries etc. and that's why they're always in primetime

Very true

But Dallas and Washington been dumpster juice for the last 20 years.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Very true

people tune in to watch Dallas. mostly to see them lose. but people watch. they bring ratings. they have star power. thats how you get the primetime spot. simple as that
  • bow to royalty
    Options

Cowboys bring in ratings
  • Shizlansky
    Options

Very true

people tune in to watch Dallas. mostly to see them lose. but people watch. they bring ratings. they have star power. thats how you get the primetime spot. simple as that

Nobody saying that's not true

But if you're fan of Dallas and Wahington and that's the only thing you can brag about with your team instead of Ws in the past 20, ? comical.
  • Stew
    Options
    ? 's comical that people actually think this game last for only 10 yrs and it's easy to win a Super Bowl.
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    ? 's comical that people actually think this game last for only 10 yrs and it's easy to win a Super Bowl.

Nobody is saying that, we're saying it's tough to criticize teams when u haven't won a playoff game in over 10 years even the Jaguars won a playoff game in 09 bruh, yall the only ? that try to claim divisions, u think I'm defending the steelers and Bengals bruh? All I'm saying is prove it this year lls
  • Stew
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »

Nobody is saying that, we're saying it's tough to criticize teams when u haven't won a playoff game in over 10 years even the Jaguars won a playoff game in 09 bruh, yall the only ? that try to claim divisions, u think I'm defending the steelers and Bengals bruh? All I'm saying is prove it this year lls

Says who? Wtf does a playoff win mean anyway if u dnt win the Super Bowl? The ? cried about why we got attention and I told him why idgaf about them other teams foh. I'll wait cause u dodged my last question I asked like the plague.
  • BlackAX410
    Options

Says who? Wtf does a playoff win mean anyway if u dnt win the Super Bowl? The ? cried about why we got attention and I told him why idgaf about them other teams foh. I'll wait cause u dodged my last question I asked like the plague.

Oh the DeSean question, I expect better from him with his talent. But yall gotta perform better and more consistently to garner more respect bruh
  • Stew
    edited August 2016
    Options

Oh the DeSean question, I expect better from him with his talent. But yall gotta perform better and more consistently to garner more respect bruh

? u tried to clown Norman with an old ass video that wasnt even him wit ya hatin ass.

Who has said anything different? U hvnt seen any Skins fan in here claiming to be the best or "we winnin the SB" talk or any kinda crazy ? , we just talk ? like every one else. U got hate in your heart and you've admitted this and none of us give 2 ? about your team so I dnt know wtf u talkin bout right now.
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »

*Giants offseason moves
    *LA Rams

The bucs are one of 2 teams to go winless in a season in this quarter century lol

This no math doin ? here. Let me break some already simple ? down for you. A century is 100 years. A quarter century is 25 years. The Bucs went winless in 1976....40 years ago.

It was a joke but I got one better for you sense were being technical. It's 2016 right . You talking about wins in a quarter century right? Now how many super and playoff wins does the Cowboys have?smh..... you should have just let it go. .just jokes dog..just jokes
  • bow to royalty
    Options

*Giants offseason moves
    *LA Rams

This no math doin ? here. Let me break some already simple ? down for you. A century is 100 years. A quarter century is 25 years. The Bucs went winless in 1976....40 years ago.

It was a joke but I got one better for you sense were being technical. It's 2016 right . You talking about wins in a quarter century right? Now how many super and playoff wins does the Cowboys have?smh..... you should have just let it go. .just jokes dog..just jokes

Bad joke. You're taking abouy wins in a quarter century, not me. I'm just saying,if my team isn't playing, and I'm watching, i'd like to be watching good teams/games. I think the NFC East is on primetime (not Thursday) 12 outta 16 weeks. A division that people thought a losing record could win. The winning team didn't beat a squad with a winning record all year.

I'm not hating on the division, but like I said, it's just another division. No team has more than 2 winning seasons in the past 5 years. Only 1 team had a wining record last year (and they weren't even good, really), so being force fed their games is annoying.
  • bow to royalty
    Options
    I even give a pass for Dallas and the Giants. One is the Cowboys...I get the draw. The other is in NY (even though the jets are too). But damn can we at least get the Skins and Eagles the hell outta there. The Skins don't even have VA on lock as far as fans go to be real with you