The official 2016 NFL off season thread

Options

Comments

• MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1CK1S wrote: »
    Trent Richardson says family spent nearly $2M of his money in 2015

Just days after he was released by the Baltimore Ravens in what could be an NFL career-ending transaction comes more sad news with Trent Richardson.

The former No. 3 overall pick of the Cleveland Browns in 2012 told ESPN’s Shelley Smith on “E:60” that his family and friends spent $1.6 million of his money in a period between January 2015 and October in 2015.

During that period, Richardson was cut by the Indianapolis Colts and later by the Oakland Raiders. He discovered that people were using his name to open accounts with Netflix (11 of them) and Hulu (eight) and even order bottle service by dropping his name at clubs, even though Richardson doesn’t drink.

“I finally just looked at my bank statement, and I was just like, ‘Where did this come from? Where did that come from?'” Richardson said. “And my guy was sitting there telling me, ‘Man, we was telling you.’ I know he was telling me, but that’s just like telling a kid to stop running in the hall. They’re going to still do it when you turn your back or you leave.

“It’s just one of them moments to where I was just blinded by my heart, by loving everybody and thinking that everyone was for me. I know they love me. I know they do care. But at the time, they took advantage of it.”

Richardson signed a fully-guaranteed deal worth $20.5 million over four years with the Browns in July 2012. He told ESPN that he isn’t broke and can support his immediate family but has shaved off some major costs, such as removing his brother, Terrell, as Richardson’s $100,000-a-year personal assistant.

“He’s such a good guy,” Alabama head coach Nick Saban said. “He’s such a good person, and he wants to please everyone. And I think sometimes when guys have that personality, which is a great personality to have, it makes it very difficult to disappoint anyone with the word ‘No.'”

Richardson made bold claims when he came out of Bama, saying he sought to be “the most dominant player of all time” and later that he wanted to make the Pro Football Hall of Fame — after he had been traded once and released twice. Although he lost weight this offseason with the Ravens, injuries caught up to him and he was let go.

Credit Richardson for cutting out some of the leeches in his life, especially at a time when he shouldn’t be expecting any new NFL money coming in anytime soon.

Sometimes you have to throw family and friends in the bushes
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    Sometimes you have to throw family and friends in the bushes

Yeah, that's that Baller's ? HBO be talking about. The one dude that just let everyone run train on his money. Nah, ? . ? that. Everyone should have a leash at some point - even the wife and parents. They was bleeding that dude dry, and his pro game ain't built like that to have his family just blitz his bank.
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They saying Brandon Marshall swung on Revis in practice..
  • DillaDeaf
    DillaDeaf Members Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? Ebron smfh............

It's not even the first preseason game yet and my Lions ? with my liquor drinkin...........

0zrwa7lkecpl.png
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DillaDeaf wrote: »
    ? Ebron smfh............

It's not even the first preseason game yet and my Lions ? with my liquor drinkin...........

0zrwa7lkecpl.png

Just making that L come easier in week 1
  • DillaDeaf
    DillaDeaf Members Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DillaDeaf wrote: »
    ? Ebron smfh............

0zrwa7lkecpl.png

Just making that L come easier in week 1

? yo bumass Colts yo brokeback indiana redneck ?

Lions winnin in that ? in Week 1.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheBoyRo wrote: »
    Man ? cancer

damn
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man ? cancer

? when I saw that earlier I legit was about to shed a tear. Mort don't deserve that ? .
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I find the Giants to be a very boring team to watch NFC puts me to sleep real talk
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    grYmes wrote: »
    Man ? cancer

? when I saw that earlier I legit was about to shed a tear. Mort don't deserve that ? .

Damn, I didn't even recognize him in the pic.

Starting to wonder what's worse......the cancer itself or the chemo/radiation treatment that's supposed to fight the cancer.

Based on what I've seen, in some cases.....it might be best to not undergo chemo treatment at all because it seems to do more harm than good.
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And ? the HOF or whoever's responsible for who gets in for waiting until some players die before they induct them.

Ken Stabler should've been inducted years ago.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These HOF speeches have been pretty damn good
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broncos seahwks/cowboys superbowl you heard it here first Denver repeats
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    allday1992 wrote: »
    I remember the last time Luke tried to pick Matt off
    jjtd.0.gif
    Man, ? y'all ? bird ? lol
  • mrtdb
    mrtdb Members Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You guys sleepin on my Saints...we bout to cause some problems on that scoreboard.

Can't guarantee our defense will keep our points over the other team's points but we WILL have hella points on that scoreboard
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mrtdb wrote: »
    You guys sleepin on my Saints...we bout to cause some problems on that scoreboard.

Can't guarantee our defense will keep our points over the other team's points but we WILL have hella points on that scoreboard

That's been the Saints for years now.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mrtdb wrote: »

That's been the Saints for years now.

Saints > Bucs
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nobody cares about stuff from over a quarter century ago when they're checking out the MNF schedule. This millennium the Skins and Cowboys have a total of 3 playoff wins.
    This no math doin ? here. Let me break some already simple ? down for you. A century is 100 years. A quarter century is 25 years. The Bucs went winless in 1976....40 years ago.

Yeah lets do math 25 from 2016 is 1991years ago how many sb and playoff wins do cowboys have smh
    Bad joke. You're taking abouy wins in a quarter century, not me. I'm just saying,if my team isn't playing, and I'm watching, i'd like to be watching good teams/games. I think the NFC East is on primetime (not Thursday) 12 outta 16 weeks. A division that people thought a losing record could win. The winning team didn't beat a squad with a winning record all year.

I'm not hating on the division, but like I said, it's just another division. No team has more than 2 winning seasons in the past 5 years. Only 1 team had a wining record last year (and they weren't even good, really), so being force fed their games is annoying.

Clearly you don't know what you're talking about. You stated the quarter century first not I as you can see.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WTF is up with Bosa and the Chargers?
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Man ? cancer

Going thru this personally. All kinds of ? up man smh