What is the best way to find a new job?

Options

Comments

• texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just got fired, back in the hunt yall!!! lol

what happened? and what type of job was it?

but it sucks getting fired I wish you the best of luck finding a new job fam
  • TheRicanKing
    TheRicanKing Members Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »

Thanks bro. It was a technician job repairing endoscopes for Pentax. I was accused by the team leader of having other people do my work and I threw a fit. Especially since the veitnamese mf couldn't speak a lick of intelligble english.
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks bro. It was a technician job repairing endoscopes for Pentax. I was accused by the team leader of having other people do my work and I threw a fit. Especially since the veitnamese mf couldn't speak a lick of intelligble english.

That sucks, can you file unemployment?
  • Mseries_
    Mseries_ Members Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Atleast Liverpool is top of the league, but keep ya head up bro cause this ain't the time to be caught stevie G slippin.

Aye for real this ain't the Liverpool season to miss cause your funds is low, APPLY APPLY APPLY
  • MazterChef
    MazterChef Members Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pulll up in person and tap dance/smile when you drop in ur resume
  • texas409
    Options
    so in 2016 I lost my well paying job
    Ive applied to over 400 jobs since then
    Found out the resume I was sending out was formatted wrong this whole time
    Havent been on one interview since losing my job back im March
    No more income options in the near future.......

Yea man ? 2016 this year was a ?
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

don't feel too bad bruh

I had a friend of mine I knew for 20yrs ? himself cuz he was struggling to find a job

? up part was he did it the same day that I came out to his house to pick him up......I was gon surprise him and tell him I just got him hooked up with a fed govt job SMH

found out he killed himself that morning on Fri.........I got to his house that same afternoon, sheriff's dept had his front door taped up

he was supposed to start the new job on that following Monday.........so 2016 got a special burn with me that I'm gon keep for a long time
  • SimplyKrys
    SimplyKrys Members Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just paid to have my resume and cover letter revamped. Hopefully I get a new job in 2017.
  • texas409
    edited January 2017
    Options
    SimplyKrys wrote: »
    I just paid to have my resume and cover letter revamped. Hopefully I get a new job in 2017.

best of luck to you. I used myperfectresume.com to do mine
  • texas409
    Options

don't feel too bad bruh

I had a friend of mine I knew for 20yrs ? himself cuz he was struggling to find a job

? up part was he did it the same day that I came out to his house to pick him up......I was gon surprise him and tell him I just got him hooked up with a fed govt job SMH

found out he killed himself that morning on Fri.........I got to his house that same afternoon, sheriff's dept had his front door taped up

he was supposed to start the new job on that following Monday.........so 2016 got a special burn with me that I'm gon keep for a long time

sorry to hear that fam. losing a job sucks man I know what your friend was going through keep your head up homie
  • ms.jones
    ms.jones Members Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FYI, udemy.com is offering some really cool and in demand coursework for $10. Definitely a great time to take advantage of some of their better offerings for the low, while boosting your skillset! I've already spent $50 on coursework valued at over $800.

http://www.businessinsider.com/these-13-online-classes-will-help-you-learn-something-new-in-2017-and-theyre-all-10-2016-12
  • texas409
    Options
    I just got invited to two job interviews for two very good companies next week!
    Those positive thoughts going into the new year is paying off
    Like I said the only way to go from here is UP
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anybody ever been a claims adjuster? I'm thinking about becoming one
  • texas409
    Options
    To be honest I was putting down my race as AA on all my aps and wasnt getting any feedback but since then Ive changed it to "do not wish to disclose" when filling out my aps and ive gotten four interviews this week. smh we have to know how to play their games
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    To be honest I was putting down my race as AA on all my aps and wasnt getting any feedback but since then Ive changed it to "do not wish to disclose" when filling out my aps and ive gotten four interviews this week. smh we have to know how to play their games

? I never disclosed my race haha

It's good that you gettin' interviews though.
  • texas409
    Options
    Mastery wrote: »

? I never disclosed my race haha

It's good that you gettin' interviews though.

thanks fam
    went to an interview yesterday and when they seen I was black it shocked their ass
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its ? up that ? are even having to do that to try and get on. That's why it kills me when some of these white people say that White Privilege doesn't exist smh.
  • SimplyKrys
    SimplyKrys Members Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Does anyone here ever feel like location is a big factor in finding work? I'm starting to feel like being in CT isn't helping me at all.
  • texas409
    Options
    SimplyKrys wrote: »
    Does anyone here ever feel like location is a big factor in finding work? I'm starting to feel like being in CT isn't helping me at all.

I took my address off my resume too and surprisingly im getting calls from Atlanta to Cali
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

But if they on sum racist ? , they still not gonna hire you, i think its best to let it be known your a person of color
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meet new people and start developing content regarding your understanding of the field.

You are not getting a job without a LinkedIn or connections.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How important are Reference's on apps?

My old boss is gone...one my supervisor still works

I was thinkn about bs...n having my fam member act like a old boss...