Options

Comments

• EmM HoLLa.
    EmM HoLLa. Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    No troll ? ....serious bidness....I got a question....

I feel like Tariq is saying that we don't need to vote until we have a bargaining chip(resources) to pay off a politician to get what is promised....

Now to my understanding....voting is ruled by the majority...if we are the minority....how can we have more votes than the majority in order to win an election unless it's a highly populated black area or area where people of different races agree politically ?

So saying to all black people who are the minority, that it is important to vote, but voting is judged off majority rules , how we as a minority, using a system that favors the majority, win an election unless enough of the majority votes for what the minority votes for?

How can the minority win in a voting system that favors the majority? is my question

The idea is that.. Our votes will add to the other votes that the candidate has.. It can sway an election.. If a politician has a good amount of white votes, latino, asian votes and all he/she needs is the black vote to win the election.. We then become a powerful group..

But we have nothing to hold to that person to get what is promised to us for our vote is what I feel like tariq is trying to convey....

? voting for right now until blacks collectively have enough resources to come together and contribute to a campaign with resources that we can expect to be catered to for our contribution rather than being lied to for 4-8 years time and time again

I think that is the idea.. You it it on the nail.. We don't vote unless we can hold folks accountable to specific interests as a group..
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Even at a state level, blacks are the minority, so again unless we add our vote to the general populations and sway, how do we win??

Because when we away with Asians Latinos and others like he said it then becomes "well we are gonna do this for minorites and that for people of color " and blacks get left by the wayside....

And the Asians and Latinos and Arabs get the loans to ? on us in our community amongst other things....
  • EmM HoLLa.
    Options
    Even at a state level, blacks are the minority, so again unless we add our vote to the general populations and sway, how do we win??

Because when we away with Asians Latinos and others like he said it then becomes "well we are gonna do this for minorites and that for people of color " and blacks get left by the wayside....

And the Asians and Latinos and Arabs get the loans to ? on us in our community amongst other things....

I think it's a matter of accountability.. But the first step is figuring out what is important and what we are going to trade our votes for as a group.. Then you go from there.. I think the premise is our vote is useless unless we are voting as a group for a candidate that we can hold accountable to us..
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i think blacks are the minority is somewhat of a myth

just in louisiana, for bobby jindal's re-election campaign, it was only 30% of the entire state that voted. Black turnout was super low.

I find it hard to believe that Jindal wins the re-election bid if blacks came out to vote
  • jetlifebih
    Options

I feel like Tariq is saying that we don't need to vote until we have a bargaining chip(resources) to pay off a politician to get what is promised....

Now to my understanding....voting is ruled by the majority...if we are the minority....how can we have more votes than the majority in order to win an election unless it's a highly populated black area or area where people of different races agree politically ?

So saying to all black people who are the minority, that it is important to vote, but voting is judged off majority rules , how we as a minority, using a system that favors the majority, win an election unless enough of the majority votes for what the minority votes for?

How can the minority win in a voting system that favors the majority? is my question

The idea is that.. Our votes will add to the other votes that the candidate has.. It can sway an election.. If a politician has a good amount of white votes, latino, asian votes and all he/she needs is the black vote to win the election.. We then become a powerful group..

But we have nothing to hold to that person to get what is promised to us for our vote is what I feel like tariq is trying to convey....

? voting for right now until blacks collectively have enough resources to come together and contribute to a campaign with resources that we can expect to be catered to for our contribution rather than being lied to for 4-8 years time and time again

I think that is the idea.. You it it on the nail.. We don't vote unless we can hold folks accountable to specific interests as a group..

How do we do that with no resources??

Even if I try to look at it from their perspective....if we talk about some ? and promises are made....I don't really have to come thru A if you ain't bout that ? (repercussions) or B there isnt exchange of goods such as a business deal

So if you don't give me money, and won't ? me up whether is be physically or socially or financially, what real reason do I have to look out for you? I mean I don't like you anyway(cause you black)

Even if we did exchange resources...we haven't even fought for our ancestors resources, so if we offered a canidate resources, and they buck on us, what are gonna do then?
  • AP21
    Options
    well before we begin to ask for other resources, i think we need to do a better job of managing our own personal resources as individuals, then seek to gather resources as a collective
  • EmM HoLLa.
    Options

How do we do that with no resources??

Even if I try to look at it from their perspective....if we talk about some ? and promises are made....I don't really have to come thru A if you ain't bout that ? (repercussions) or B there isnt exchange of goods such as a business deal

So if you don't give me money, and won't ? me up whether is be physically or socially or financially, what real reason do I have to look out for you? I mean I don't like you anyway(cause you black)

Even if we did exchange resources...we haven't even fought for our ancestors resources, so if we offered a canidate resources, and they buck on us, what are gonna do then?

All valid questions.. But I aint got the answers kid. Most things are always easier said than done.. I am just acknowledging that I understand what he is trying to do.. It it feasible?.. That's a whole other discussion..
  • jetlifebih
    Options

I think it's a matter of accountability.. But the first step is figuring out what is important and what we are going to trade our votes for as a group.. Then you go from there.. I think the premise is our vote is useless unless we are voting as a group for a candidate that we can hold accountable to us..

I agree we need one direction for now at least until we get the boot off our neck

Even with that premise how can we hold them accountable?? What are the repercussions for ? us over?? a
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This makes no sense because if we dont vote at all guess what Hispanic... Asian... white and other demograpics still will and then they will get to decide our fate as a country and community... that could be way worse... also we could not vote at one time.. and to this day they still try hard to keep us from voting.. we would be doing them a favor bruh..
  • jetlifebih
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »

just in louisiana, for bobby jindal's re-election campaign, it was only 30% of the entire state that voted. Black turnout was super low.

I find it hard to believe that Jindal wins the re-election bid if blacks came out to vote

I'm honestly not familiar with La, I wanted to say a few states are majority black but even then I'm not so sure

Even if blacks moved to one state and were the majority....as Tariq mashed pointed, everytime we stabilize and elevate they come ? it up

We need blackwallstreet and the black panthers to resurrect and unite, to protect our progress
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • AP21
    Options

I'm honestly not familiar with La, I wanted to say a few states are majority black but even then I'm not so sure

Even if blacks moved to one state and were the majority....as Tariq mashed pointed, everytime we stabilize and elevate they come ? it up

We need blackwallstreet and the black panthers to resurrect and unite, to protect our progress

well, an old head told me that the area that Southern University is in, used to be black owned EVERYTHING back in the day. He said the moment they became a part of Baton Rouge, thats when it turned to ? b/c the baton rouge used the dollars from that area and put them in other places...read white places in baton rouge. Now Southern is in "tha hood"

to get a repeat of black wall street we must first come to the agreement that its in our best interests to work together and not tear each other down. Why can you go to the white person business, get the exact same product at the exact same cost, but wont buy it at your black owned business? B/c we've been conditioned to think that the black man, somehow is trying to game us. My pastor once said that he was doing some research on Black Wall Street and read that the dollar was circulated at least 9x in that community before it left it. Think about the power of that and what it could do for us today?

• EmM HoLLa.
    Options

This makes no sense because if we dont vote at all guess what Hispanic... Asian... white and other demograpics still will and then they will get to decide our fate as a country and community... that could be way worse... also we could not vote at one time.. and to this day they still try hard to keep us from voting.. we would be doing them a favor bruh..

An argument can be made that they decide the fate anyway.. Wouldn't you agree?...
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Here's the thing: Black votes are VERY important to the Democratic party. The reason we don't see a real impact in our communities is because we consistently give our votes to Democrats without question. ? on the IC hate Stephen A. Smith. Fine, but a while back, he proposed blacks sitting out a full voting cycle collectively or vote overwhelmingly republican. Don't ? me yet lol.

What that would do is make Democrats lose seats in Congress and the presidency. Republicans would be bewildered but would want to keep a stranglehold on the Democrats. Life might be ? up for 4 years, but in the next election, do u know how powerful our vote will be for both parties??

Democrats would damn near be finding ways to give us reparations. Republicans would push their policies more center and would be forced to look into social programs to keep us on their side. It would be a political chess move where we sacrifice the now for the future.
  • jetlifebih
    Options

well, an old head told me that the area that Southern University is in, used to be black owned EVERYTHING back in the day. He said the moment they became a part of Baton Rouge, thats when it turned to ? b/c the baton rouge used the dollars from that area and put them in other places...read white places in baton rouge. Now Southern is in "tha hood"

to get a repeat of black wall street we must first come to the agreement that its in our best interests to work together and not tear each other down. Why can you go to the white person business, get the exact same product at the exact same cost, but wont buy it at your black owned business? B/c we've been conditioned to think that the black man, somehow is trying to game us. My pastor once said that he was doing some research on Black Wall Street and read that the dollar was circulated at least 9x in that community before it left it. Think about the power of that and what it could do for us today?

It's funny you bring that up bruh, me and my mans was buildin yesterday and he bought up a point that a lot of the electives will manipulate the voting zones to make sure there are more people who vote exclusively to one party in a particular zone to almost insure that elections are won reguardless

"CRACKING AND PACKING

In particular, "cracking," in which compact minority populations are split between districts to weaken their power, and "packing," in which large minority populations are crammed entirely into one district to keep them from controlling multiple seats, are supposed to be avoided."
  • damobb2deep
    Options

An argument can be made that they decide the fate anyway.. Wouldn't you agree?...

Not totally because our opinion still matters... if it didnt do you think Barry Sanders or Hilary would be fighting to get a piece of our votes?

Having an opinion and it not go your way is completely different than not doing anything in the 1st place..
  • AP21
    Options
  • Figo
    Figo Members Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i forget all about rap radar.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Soon as that ? said his opinion mattered, I cut it off
  • damobb2deep
    Options

This ? was funny... they was clownin dude for being in his feelings about jay-z. .
  • AP21
    Options
  • AP21
    Options
  • AP21
    Options
  • AP21
    Options