• infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Butch Jones is the SEC version of Al Folden
  • pachá12
    pachá12 Members Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    d.green wrote: »

Between this and the 'Champions of Life' remark, I want him to stay the loveable losing coach for UT forever! In reality, Phil Fulmer will probably fire him after this year.
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is all setting up for him to get fired next off season and Tee Martin coming home :/
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fat Phil ain't playing that championship of life ?
  • pachá12
    Options
    I understand thats how the game goes, but I'm bout tired of these UF coaches using UF as a launching pad and not really proving tjeir worth while here. Collins got that Temple job based on a defense he coach with someone else's recruits, even worse with Gray (I understand his Va Tech track record is nice, but still...)
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    What's going on with LSU and NOLA?
    Orgeron burning bridges?

NEW ORLEANS — Is LSU close to losing one of its most fertile recruiting grounds within the state?

That might ultimately be what occurs on Thursday evening when several of the New Orleans Metro area high school football coaches gather to discuss a potential boycott of the LSU Tigers football program.

Several of the area’s black head football coaches are meeting to discuss how coach Ed Orgeron handled the demotion of running backs coach and New Orleans area recruiter Jabbar Juluke in the aftermath of National Signing Day.
    Juluke, who was responsible for landing 3-star wide receiver Racey McMath and securing the commitments of 4-star quarterback Lowell Narcisse, 3-star tailback Clyde Edwards-Helaire and 3-star athlete Jontre Kirklin, was reassigned within the football program on Feb. 2, the day after signing day.

Area high school football coaches are unhappy with the way Orgeron handled the process, indicating that LSU’s first-year head coach took advantage of Juluke through the final weeks of the recruiting cycle to sign the prospects to letters of intent, then dismiss him
    , sources told SEC Country.

Juluke is the former head coach at Edna Karr (La.) High School, where he coached the team to an undefeated state championship in 2012, the second in the program’s history. He continued to recruit New Orleans after accepting a position on Louisiana Tech’s coaching staff and then for LSU over the past year.
    Juluke’s questionable departure remains one of several marquee issues that the coaches plan to discuss at the meeting.

Orgeron has become aware of the closed-door meeting later this week and has been in contact several of the head coaches that are expected to be in attendance, a source said. Orgeron has tried to stop the meeting and told some coaches he will devise a plan to try and correct the situation.
    The meeting remains scheduled, and it is expected that the head coaches will move to boycott LSU moving forward.
    Some of the schools expected to be in attendance include McDonogh 35, Edna Karr, Landry-Walker, Warren Easton and St. Augustine. These are some of the primary public schools in the city that have produced several LSU signees in recent years, including Leonard Fournette, Tyrann Mathieu, Jamal Pettigrew, Donnie Alexander, Isaiah Washington, Andre Anthony, Tyron Johnson, Sci Martin and, most recently, McMath.
    New Orleans is regularly LSU’s most fertile recruiting grounds and has produced several of the program’s top players in recent years. The source intimated that other SEC programs have gotten wind of the meeting and could capitalize on the boycott, most notably Alabama. St. Augustine alum Burton Burns recruits the New Orleans region for Nick Saban and the Crimson Tide.

Even with the meeting scheduled to go on as planned, Orgeron is attempting to repair the relationships.
    LSU’s head coach is in the process of hiring a new area recruiter. He had been in touched with St. Augustine alum David Johnson, Memphis’ wide receivers coach, who turned down the job because of the growing rift between the area head coaches and LSU, the source said.

Mickey Joseph is believed to be the frontrunner for the position, according to multiple sources.
    If and when the boycott begins, Orgeron will attempt to host another meeting with the high school coaches to get everyone on the same page in the aftermath of Juluke’s dismissal
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's ? ? potentially blocking a kid from LSU contact because a coach got demoted.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sarkisana a disloyal ? made punk in My Aonzo training day voice..... Saban saved ur career when u was viwed as a ? and u just dip first chance u get.... these USC coaches boy I tell u
  • pachá12
    Options
    Surfer boys don't belong in the SEC...
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Sarkisana a disloyal ? made punk in My Aonzo training day voice..... Saban saved ur career when u was viwed as a ? and u just dip first chance u get.... these USC coaches boy I tell u

lol come on now, you know good and well there's no loyalty in the coaching profession. All these ? be wired to always be on the lookout for a better opportunity
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    That's ? ? potentially blocking a kid from LSU contact because a coach got demoted.

Basically.

Yea, let's stop a school from coming in that produces NFL stars and the most players on NFL rosters and had 4 players in the big game and 3 players start in the SuperBowl because a Louisiana recruiter let 7 of the top 10 players from the state leave.

His demotion was warranted
  • Shizlansky
    Options

Bruh.....
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

Bruh.....

Lol... did he not get that man a job when no one else would after he was labeled a ? and blackballed?
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options

Bruh.....

Lol... did he not get that man a job when no one else would after he was labeled a ? and blackballed?

He's an opportunist and realized he could get a top tier offensive mind for cheap. You thought he did it out of the goodness of his heart?
  • pachá12
    Options
    Wouldn't be suprised if this was more Saban than anything. What incentive does Sark have in staying at a place and he and Saban don't see eye to eye. Plus, Chip Kelly may be on the horizon for Bama.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options

Bruh.....

You really think Sark was done for good, tho? It's not like he was on some Art Briles ?
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    pachá12 wrote: »
    Wouldn't be suprised if this was more Saban than anything. What incentive does Sark have in staying at a place and he and Saban don't see eye to eye. Plus, Chip Kelly may be on the horizon for Bama.

Bruh them two mfer in the same room and Saban telling Chip what to do..........................Think about that.

Chip doesnt need a redemption story. He could get any 2nd tier D1 job right now. Mizzu S Carolina, Wake Forest, SMU, Syracuse, Oregon State, etc. would fire their coach right now to bring him in.
  • pachá12
    Options
    There aren't any positions open that are better than Bama OC for this upcoming season, HC jobs also. Plus Saban gives decent autonomy to his offense as long as it produces.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    There aren't any positions open that are better than Bama OC for this upcoming season, HC jobs also. Plus Saban gives decent autonomy to his offense as long as it produces.

He still gon ? and embarrass you after 1 ? up.

• pachá12
    Options

He still gon ? and embarrass you after 1 ? up.

Nah, Kiffin had 2.5 seasons before Saban lost it with him.