KingRenaissance Members Posts: 168 ✭✭
    Options
  • KingRenaissance
    KingRenaissance Members Posts: 168 ✭✭
    Options
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Game of Thrones. Everyone watches it so it's a dope conversation topic with strangers
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you watch the wire skip season 2
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Wire
    Wire easy
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Wire
    The Wire best show on your list by far. Season 5 was pretty weak compared to the first 4 but it's still good. Season 4 is the best tho.

The Sopranos would be 2nd. First 2 seasons are great, 3 & 4 are kinda weak, 5 is great because of Steve Buscemi, the rest is meh.

Boardwalk Empire 3rd. It's kinda hit and miss as a show overall, but it's a lot of damn good performances it.

Haven't seen Breaking Bad, Game or Thrones, or Daredevil.

@ bolded...

BlakeShock.gif
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Wire
    BobOblah wrote: »
    Wire easy

• Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Breaking Bad
    Breaking bad>>>>
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Wire
    marc123 wrote: »
    The Wire best show on your list by far. Season 5 was pretty weak compared to the first 4 but it's still good. Season 4 is the best tho.

The Sopranos would be 2nd. First 2 seasons are great, 3 & 4 are kinda weak, 5 is great because of Steve Buscemi, the rest is meh.

Boardwalk Empire 3rd. It's kinda hit and miss as a show overall, but it's a lot of damn good performances it.

Haven't seen Breaking Bad, Game or Thrones, or Daredevil.

@ bolded...

BlakeShock.gif

LoL. Yeah I think i'm gonna knock it out this summer since it's on Netflix.
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Options
    The Wire

Why does season 2 get so much hate. lol

It's definitly the 4th best season in the series, But so much was set up in season 2 for season 3 plus we got to see more of Prop Joe.
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Options
    The Wire
    @jniam The Americans is a great show too. I don't know if it's on any streaming services, I know it's not on Netflix.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Breaking Bad
    T/s is gona ? himself when s2 of the wire
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,520 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Sopranos
    Sopranos or Wire
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Why does season 2 get so much hate. lol

It's definitly the 4th best season in the series, But so much was set up in season 2 for season 3 plus we got to see more of Prop Joe.

Its a perfectly good season, around here though it gets ? on purely because the barksdale/bell saga isn't the main focus of it.

• Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well it was barksdale and bell saga that made the show what it was. Every episode in season 2 felt like it dragged on with a slow pace and it didnt help it was centered around characters nobody gives a ? about. The hood >>>> the docks
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Sopranos
    Meet the cast of sopranos if you havent seen it

Paulie Walnuts

Bobby Baccalieri

Christopher

Silvio

Tony
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nip/Tuck
    Breaking Bad
    Game of Thrones
    The Wire
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Ranxx wrote: »
    Start with one of the older shows like The Wire or Soprano's they're from a different era so the pacing is different. Leave Breaking Bad or GOT they will ruin all other tv shows for you.

Daredevil is good but I dont think it should be on that list yet.
    jniam wrote: »
    Start with one of the older shows like The Wire or Soprano's they're from a different era so the pacing is different. Leave Breaking Bad or GOT they will ruin all other tv shows for you.

Why do you say they will ruin other TV shows for me?

Because they're the best out everything else will feel like shenanigans if you watch them first

0353ua9vgjiu.png

This guy knows what's up.

It's hard to get into other shows after GoT and Breaking Bad. Even good shows like Boardwalk Empire and Peaky Blinders(should watch that too, if you have to) pale in comparison.

I haven't seen Sopranos yet, but I'm afraid to even invest that much time in a show like that after seeing GoT and BB. It couldn't possibly live up to those standards
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Started Gotham. Down with it. Great cop show, crossed with a comic-book vibe.
  • BIGG WILL
    BIGG WILL Members Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Wire
    The Wire and its not even close.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,520 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Sopranos

jniam wrote: »

Why do you say they will ruin other TV shows for me?

Because they're the best out everything else will feel like shenanigans if you watch them first

0353ua9vgjiu.png

This guy knows what's up.

It's hard to get into other shows after GoT and Breaking Bad. Even good shows like Boardwalk Empire and Peaky Blinders(should watch that too, if you have to) pale in comparison.

I haven't seen Sopranos yet, but I'm afraid to even invest that much time in a show like that after seeing GoT and BB. It couldn't possibly live up to those standards

I think sopranos lives up to those standards. I like all three of those shows but sopranos might be my favorite.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Wire
    If you have the wire up there, the question should be, "which show should I start second?"