In Something That Make Your Soul Burn Slow News: Man Ordered To Pay child Support For Her Baby...

Options

Comments

• lethal5
    lethal5 Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A few years ago I went back to school. One of my classmates I was cool with, mother was a judge. He told me in some places your Common-Law wife can get child support out of you for a kid thats not even yours....Meaning: If u live with a ? and HER kid long enough, if u decide to leave the relationship, she can turn around and have the court make u pay support for her kid....How is this allowed to happen???

• Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They say tight jeans lowers sperm count, good, no child support.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    taeboo wrote: »
    Marriage it self is not the issue in this case. They should have gotten a divorce a long time ago. Why let it go to the way side for 16 years?

As wrong as the courts were, this is a damn good point. In life there's often consequences for ignorance.

No logical reason why that divorce shouldn't have been finalized after 16 years. This has to be the result of simpish behavior. Might've even been hitting his wife off and on. ? had a damn target sign on his back far as she, or they, we're concerned. The poor simple simone didn't stand a chance.
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? should've divorced her..waited too long. It's ? up but take that L.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    Why on earth would any male want to get married in this country?

To be taken to the cleaners
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Couldn't be me. No news report. Just 2 bodies and an orphan.

That ? ain't her fault. Its the state law. He needs to gun down the legislature.

This ? awful and the other dude grinning hard as ? right now.

Nah ol girl and dude with the slick grin getting clapped.

DCZwKA.gif

Right, cuz she could always give him his $$$ back every month. But you know these hoes have no morals and proud of being an adult that gets taken cared of.

Will Munny wrote: »
    Why on earth would any male want to get married in this country?

This....

Man made laws made marriage undesirable.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    edited June 2016
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    The law is the law. There will always be these sorts of one off situations where the law ? someone over.

Outrage should really be aimed at the wife.

The law is blatant ? . Outrage needs to be aimed at the law too. Nobody would have a reason to be mad at the wife if a ? law wasn't in place.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So in other words from reading this post, don't start a relationship or marry a chick with kids? Gotcha
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lethal5 wrote: »
    A few years ago I went back to school. One of my classmates I was cool with, mother was a judge. He told me in some places your Common-Law wife can get child support out of you for a kid thats not even yours....Meaning: If u live with a ? and HER kid long enough, if u decide to leave the relationship, she can turn around and have the court make u pay support for her kid....How is this allowed to happen???

If it the same reasoning as here:

If you stay with the mother and child long enough to be classified as 'common-law' you have assumed responsibility of fatherhood over her children(now your 'step children'). However if her ex is paying child support already, you do not have to pay as the natural father is assumed to be an active role, physically or monetarily, in the child's life.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

faint.gif

• MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BUT WHY WOULD YOU JUST SEPARATE FROM SOMEBODY FOR 16 YEARS AND NOT GET A DIVORCE?!?!?
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yea i ain't got much sympathy on this one....should've got that final divorce paperwork and you would t be worrying bout this dumb ?
  • WiseKing
    WiseKing Members Posts: 110 ✭✭
    Options
  • EmM HoLLa.
    EmM HoLLa. Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    taeboo wrote: »
    Marriage it self is not the issue in this case. They should have gotten a divorce a long time ago. Why let it go to the way side for 16 years?

This.. How u separated for 16 years without signing divorce papers to make it official?.. That makes no sense..

16 years...
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    where the hell the real father at?
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    divorce aint cheap.

but thats just a bull ? law to begin with
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    divorce aint cheap.

but thats just a bull ? law to begin with

But if after 16 years you ain't managed to do it...any consequences fall on you
  • lethal5
    lethal5 Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

faint.gif

I think its like Chris Rock said, "Women go to court and say 'your honor, I was accustomed to this', and they get all type of child support. They probably sell the story to the judge that "even though its not his child, when he was with us he helped shoulder the load, I cant do it by myself without some continued financial support from him"...which is BS
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options

Daaaaamn that's some scary ? , there's so many fine ass baby mamas out there (most women over 26). I'll keep this in mind if I ever shack up with a chick who has a kid, but these policies are going to make a lot of men avoid marriage and serious relationships if these lawmakers and judges keep ? things up.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why didn't they get divorced. It's a stupid law, but the situation is his own fault.
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you stay with the mother and child long enough to be classified as 'common-law' you have assumed responsibility of fatherhood over her children(now your 'step children'). However if her ex is paying child support already, you do not have to pay as the natural father is assumed to be an active role, physically or monetarily, in the child's life.

Not even worth the risk.

What if he dies or gets locked up?

Guess who's gonna have to pay then?
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »

Not even worth the risk.

What if he dies or gets locked up?

Guess who's gonna have to pay then?

So what's the explanation for this fuckery? Does the judicial system feel that woman can't handle their responsibilities as an adult? I don't see any other reason why a child is forced on someone.

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited June 2016
    Options
    7figz wrote: »
    Yea Yea they could've / should've got divorced. Does that change that it ain't his kid ? Stop being ridiculous. The law is ? up - end... of.... story.

You can't just gloss over being separated for 16 years and not getting divorced. Yes, the the law is ? up but that 16 years is not just some small detail in this