In Something That Make Your Soul Burn Slow News: Man Ordered To Pay child Support For Her Baby...

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
In Which It Isnt't His!

A man was shocked when he was ordered to pay child support to a his former wife for a child she had with her current boyfriend.

45-year-old Joe Vandusen received a letter from the Iowa Department of Human Services, notifying him that he would have to pay support for the child, although he is not the father.

The Davenport man is protesting the new state law that requires him to financially support the child who is not his.

Vandusen said that he and his wife separated 16 years ago, but never officially got divorced. They both moved on to new relationships.

One year ago, his wife gave birth to a baby by another man, but the state is coming after him for child support.

Vandusen contact the Iowa Child Support Recovery Unit (CSRU) to say that he is not the biological father of his estranged wife’s child and he offered to take a paternity test to prove it.

However, he was told that it does not matter whether he is the father or not.

“They said that since I am still legally married, I will be responsible for child support,” Vandusen said.

A spokesperson for Human Services said that in a case like this, the husband is considered the legal father of his wife’s child.

Other states have similar laws, which are intended to ensure that all children receive adequate financial support.

Vandusen said that he recently lost his job and does not have the money to pay child support or for an attorney to file for divorce.

Comments

• bununs alias
    bununs alias Members Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1CK1S wrote: »
    In Which It Isnt't His!

Vandusen said that he and his wife separated 16 years ago, but never officially got divorced. They both moved on to new relationships.

if they are still legally married, who petitioned for support, the wife ?
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She committed adultery... thats grounds for divorce.. so if she has kids outside of that technically shouldnt she be paying him?
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1CK1S wrote: »
    In Which It Isnt't His!

if they are still legally married, who petitioned for support, the wife ?

The wife probably receives some type of welfare. The state just want their money so they go after the husband. ? better learn how to do divorces on their own cuz separation aint enough
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    The law is the law. There will always be these sorts of one off situations where the law ? someone over.

Outrage should really be aimed at the wife.
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    The law is the law. There will always be these sorts of one off situations where the law ? someone over.

Outrage should really be aimed at the wife.

And the father of the kid. He knows that's his kid so he should take responsibility by reimbursing the husband back.
  • taeboo
    taeboo Members Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hope that the wife is on some sort of government assistance and the state went after him, cause if his wife filed for child support on her own she ain't ? ....
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    So why not go after the biological father?
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? marriage post
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Take me to jail
  • Bender Rodriguez
    Bender Rodriguez Members Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If i was dude i would call the local news and keep calling for them to help out. Sometimes that ? helps when local coverage gets on that ass
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Happy father's day?

Lol dead
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Happy father's day?
    Double ether.
    Will Munny wrote: »
    Why on earth would any male want to get married in this country?
    Because they love each other! ? that, give me a chick that's cool with going together forever lol.

• taeboo
    taeboo Members Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Marriage it self is not the issue in this case. They should have gotten a divorce a long time ago. Why let it go to the way side for 16 years?
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    The woman is ? man takin' that money. The other guy has no pride but ? it, free gwup.

Yeah 100 could not have been me
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    It's easy to know this is wrong, when you don't start entertaining all of that convoluted biased logic the law uses.

The law's wrong, and I'm sure she could do something about it so she's probably wrong too.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Those fools in Iowa allowed that stupid law to pass. Whoever is on the birth certificate should be the one paying for support. If her husband did not agree to adopt the child then this is bogus.