The 2016 NBA Offseason Thread

Options

Comments

• Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As far as production off the bench, the signings seem to be lateral moves at Worst

Zaza = Bogut

Allen = Barbosa

West = Speights

Damian Jones = Ezeli
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If I'm presti I'm askin russ if he plans on testing the market next summer if he says yea.Trade him now

Jaylen brown and next years nets pick would be enough for me.

That will give them two potential top 5 picks in next years draft with the third player picked in this years draft, plus I'm sure Ainge would give up more unless he absolutely believes there's no chance of extending Russ, as long as Presti isn't asking for our core players with all our building blocks I would make that deal in a heartbeat and hope a deep playoff run will convince him to stay, if he doesn't we still land on our feet with money to spend next summer and Presti gets a jumpstart on the rebuild and doesn't risk another superstar walking on them, only Lakers could put together a sweeter deal depending on what they are willing to give up
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Utah projected starters: Exum, Hood, Hayward, Favors, Gobert. Bench: Joe Johnson, Diaw, Burks, Neto/Mack, Ingles, Pleiss/Lyles. George hill

• d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    BDBIID wrote: »

West leaving a lot of money on the table last 2 deals.

However, good add..and another tough guy to add with Draymond.
    Need more length in the paint tho.

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    As far as production off the bench, the signings seem to be lateral moves at Worst

Zaza = Bogut

Allen = Barbosa

West = Speights

Damian Jones = Ezeli

And as Murda Mook would say, EASY. Kanye, 30 hours

To think some people wouldn't sign Kevin Durant out of fear of losin those ? is beyond me
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If I'm presti I'm askin russ if he plans on testing the market next summer if he says yea.Trade him now

That will give them two potential top 5 picks in next years draft with the third player picked in this years draft, plus I'm sure Ainge would give up more unless he absolutely believes there's no chance of extending Russ, as long as Presti isn't asking for our core players with all our building blocks I would make that deal in a heartbeat and hope a deep playoff run will convince him to stay, if he doesn't we still land on our feet with money to spend next summer and Presti gets a jumpstart on the rebuild and doesn't risk another superstar walking on them, only Lakers could put together a sweeter deal depending on what they are willing to give up

Only concern is how would russ fit in boston his game might not mesh with that system
  • MeTaL
    MeTaL Members Posts: 6,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    So to conclusion.. Melo would be the last real ? left in the league.. could abandon ship muiltple times.. but chose to go through the fire and willing to go down with the ship if all else fails.. at this point..Melo pretty much accepted his fate.. go all in or ? it..
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    KD the type ? invite u over his house to play 2k n try to play on your team against the computer

tf4kj9b4740j.jpg
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    AP21 wrote: »
    Max. wrote: »
    Why trade picks for a player that can bounce?

I think he stays in okc shoots 30 times a game n bounces

If I'm Dell Demps i'd take that chance with no hesitation just to see how he likes playing with Anthony for 1 year in Gentry's system then go from there, we're automatically a playoff team with those two running pick and roll and Buddy spacing the floor

not enough assets

Who has the assets they are willing to give up knowing he is just a loaner?

Boston

Pels don't
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Only concern is how would russ fit in boston his game might not mesh with that system

I'm letting IT cook off the bench, as long as they aren't starting together I think he would be a great fit
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    Jazz built a nice team they definitely goin to the playoffs next season unless they get ravaged by injuries.They added vets too(hill,diaw,johnson) which should help cuz last year they struggled to close games.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hill/exum
    Burks/hood
    Hayward/johnson
    Favors/diaw
    Gobert

Rest don't matter

That's pretty solid though
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm letting IT cook off the bench, as long as they aren't starting together I think he would be a great fit

This, prolly think brown picks and smart might do it they might throw in KO too I can see ain't all in. IT would eat in the 6th man role
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I'd let Russ and IT play together, bring Bradley off the bench

Let them split the ball handling
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »

Sarcasm?
  • R.D.
    Options
    Damn Clippers picked up Brice Johnson and Diamond Stone, that's solid
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shawn Bradley trying to come out of retirement to play for Golden State
  • R.D.
    Options

Sarcasm?

Nah

I want them on the court together and Russ bigger than Bradley so why not

• Knightryder
    Knightryder Members Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Okay so its a pretty clear that its gonna be

warriors vs knicks in the nba finals

Steph, klay, durant ,draymond and zaza

vs

rose, courtney lee, carmelo, porzingis and noah

The result

Ny knicks 2017 nba champions

carmelo rose and noah finally get there first ring

• Tommy bilfiger
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Hill/exum
    Burks/hood
    Hayward/johnson
    Favors/diaw
    Gobert

Rest don't matter

That's pretty solid though

+ Miles and that neato kid they deep no reason they shouldn't make the playoffs next year
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sarcasm?

Nah