The 2016 NBA Offseason Thread

Options

Comments

• southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A lot of decisions to make this offseason but everything depends on if Dwight opts in or not.
    If Dwight opts out which I assume he'll do and we shed a few contracts we could have a little a more than 43 million in cap space which would be enough for two max contracts but Im hoping we spend wisely and try to build a more well rounded team

Biggest needs:
    PF
    three point shooting
    two way players
    additional ball handlers

Harden is obviously off limits but other than that Bev, Beasely, KJ, DMo, Montrezl Harrell and Capela are the only people from last years roster that I want back.

Who I would like to target in free agency (No Order)

Kevin Durant
    Courtney Lee
    Batum
    Joakim Noah(If healthy)
    Allen Crabbe
    Marvin Williams
    Evan Fournier
    Jerryd Bayless

• ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wonder if JR will resign or try to get a payday since he did that dumb ? last year
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    Nets might as well go out and sign mid prime players like Conley and try to win as many games as possible. No use in tanking when the Celtics own the picks.

Nets should try to pick up Conley and Barnes. We need to draft well too.

Yes ? you heard me correct. Nets are gonna purchase a first round pick.
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    already posted
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol that's cool...

Funny this commercial comes out a day after Nick young's relationship ended
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
    KingHustle wrote: »
    already posted

I'm late. My account being policed and ?
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    already posted

You still ? that ? off
  • HustleThaDon
    Options
    A lot of decisions to make this offseason but everything depends on if Dwight opts in or not.
    If Dwight opts out which I assume he'll do and we shed a few contracts we could have a little a more than 43 million in cap space which would be enough for two max contracts but Im hoping we spend wisely and try to build a more well rounded team

Biggest needs:
    PF
    three point shooting
    two way players
    additional ball handlers

Harden is obviously off limits but other than that Bev, Beasely, KJ, DMo, Montrezl Harrell and Capela are the only people from last years roster that I want back.

Kevin Durant
    Courtney Lee
    Batum
    Joakim Noah(If healthy)
    Allen Crabbe
    Marvin Williams
    Evan Fournier
    Jerryd Bayless

I ? wit everybody after Durant. That's pipe dream status why waste time IMO. Now that Dantoni running things we most definitely need shooting. I like Fournier and Batum. I don't think Noah would waste his time coming here he wants a ring. Crabbe idk too much about but I'll do my research.

Hopefully the FO doesn't waste too much time star chasing unless they get a concrete answer from some of those cats.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Noah tryna get paid so I think he's goin to whoever offers the biggest contract.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Nets might as well go out and sign mid prime players like Conley and try to win as many games as possible. No use in tanking when the Celtics own the picks.

I would like to have Conley, I wants no parts of Harrison Barnes, I would rather let Hollis-Jefferson start. We need to go get a 2 guard.
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
    already posted

You still ? that ? off

No comment. Let's keep it basketball related fam lol
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options

I would like to have Conley, I wants no parts of Harrison Barnes, I would rather let Hollis-Jefferson start. We need to go get a 2 guard.

I was intrigued to see if we could basically throw all the cash in the world at derozan but it seems like he wants LA. I don't think there's any other options out there
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GS should let Barnes walk, they could replace him with Batum and be better or Crabbe(not going to happen)

I never really considered them as a spot for KD but now that they lost....? help us, still think it's a long shot

• Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Joe Johnson, green and Amare ain't coming back so I hope we can possibly snag a few of these guys

Courtney lee (probably can't afford him)
    Jason smith
    Jon leuer
    Mirza teletovic
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options

I was intrigued to see if we could basically throw all the cash in the world at derozan but it seems like he wants LA. I don't think there's any other options out there

Me too but that seems unlikely now. I don't see Beal coming to BK either. Fournier would be an interesting option though.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    already posted

You still ? that ? off

Nah ? that @infamous114 about time yall gather up like Knights at the round table and stop that ?
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Biggest needs:
    PF
    three point shooting
    two way players
    additional ball handlers

Kevin Durant
    Courtney Lee
    Batum
    Joakim Noah(If healthy)
    Allen Crabbe
    Marvin Williams
    Evan Fournier
    Jerryd Bayless

I ? wit everybody after Durant. That's pipe dream status why waste time IMO. Now that Dantoni running things we most definitely need shooting. I like Fournier and Batum. I don't think Noah would waste his time coming here he wants a ring. Crabbe idk too much about but I'll do my research.

Hopefully the FO doesn't waste too much time star chasing unless they get a concrete answer from some of those cats.

Yeah I know KD isnt coming here but I still had to throw him on there since hes the best available player but I agree with you about not star chasing. I hope we stay away from Horford, Whiteside, Rondo and Barnes

I have mixed feelings about Mike Conley, I think hes one of the few point guards who could be successful next to Harden but I wouldnt want to pay him max money either

Yay or nay to Conley? @KingHustle @CJ
  • HustleThaDon
    Options
    already posted

I wasn't talking about you. I made a post that was already made lol
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Espn.com talking about GS is gearing up to go for KD lol...I wonder if KD gonna get the same hate LBJ got if he actually went.
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Biggest needs:
    PF
    three point shooting
    two way players
    additional ball handlers

Kevin Durant
    Courtney Lee
    Batum
    Joakim Noah(If healthy)
    Allen Crabbe
    Marvin Williams
    Evan Fournier
    Jerryd Bayless

Yeah I know KD isnt coming here but I still had to throw him on there since hes the best available player but I agree with you about not star chasing. I hope we stay away from Horford, Whiteside, Rondo and Barnes

I have mixed feelings about Mike Conley, I think hes one of the few point guards who could be successful next to Harden but I wouldnt want to pay him max money either

Yay or nay to Conley? @KingHustle @CJ

Idk I wouldn't mind Conley but I wouldn't be mad if we didn't get him either *shrugs*
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't think KD going to GS but if for some reason he did maaannnn smh
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Espn.com talking about GS is gearing up to go for KD lol...I wonder if KD gonna get the same hate LBJ got if he actually went.

Nike not gonna let that happen
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »
    already posted

You still ? that ? off

Nah ? that @infamous114 about time yall gather up like Knights at the round table and stop that ?

Infamous made it clear he don't step on other mod's toes