Don't you ever get tired of threatening people with Hell?

Options

Comments

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    So I wasn't paying attention when I read this:
    all that innocent blood has to be atoned for

Pretty sure that's what got this all rolling down hill into a big pile of steaming ? like you're well known for starting.

If I didn't know better, I'd swear you were a chick.

The atonement aka the punishment of hell is not about stopping sin it's just a JUST punishment BECAUSE THOSE WHO DO EVIL and die without Christ cannot atone for their sins. therefore THEY END UP IN HELL... WHICH IS WHY I BROUGHT UP THE example i made for you.

those people who are evil and live long happy lives never atone

So if a person doesn't amend or recompense(atone) their sins, they go to hell for eternity?

It's a ridiculous concept. Whether it was "inspired" by ? or made in the mind of man, it's ridiculous.

You atone for your sins through Christ if you don't then you go to hell and what do you expect??? for evil people to also be allowed into heaven and never be punished for their wrong doings???.... you can think it is a ridiculous concept all you want but you're just a human being and YOU WILL STAND BEFORE ? AND WHAT you think will be irrelevant then.

AS FOR THE ETERNITY OF HELL????? that is another topic altogether, when you sin you alter reality as ? would wish it to be the damage you are doing is actually incalculable

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the Bible say all sins are forgiven if one pledges faith in Jesus? So technically, evil people can go to heaven?

read what i wrote i answered that question already... If you would pay attention you would not be asking me this remedial question

My point is that the Bible ? tolerates evil people in heaven too, proclaiming faith in Jesus can make up for dozens of rapes and torture murders lolol. There is no unforgivable sin according to the Bible, as long as one proclaims Jesus as savior, ANYTHING can be forgiven. There are many ironies to that.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options

Pretty sure that's what got this all rolling down hill into a big pile of steaming ? like you're well known for starting.

The atonement aka the punishment of hell is not about stopping sin it's just a JUST punishment BECAUSE THOSE WHO DO EVIL and die without Christ cannot atone for their sins. therefore THEY END UP IN HELL... WHICH IS WHY I BROUGHT UP THE example i made for you.

So if a person doesn't amend or recompense(atone) their sins, they go to hell for eternity?

It's a ridiculous concept. Whether it was "inspired" by ? or made in the mind of man, it's ridiculous.

You atone for your sins through Christ if you don't then you go to hell and what do you expect??? for evil people to also be allowed into heaven and never be punished for their wrong doings???.... you can think it is a ridiculous concept all you want but you're just a human being and YOU WILL STAND BEFORE ? AND WHAT you think will be irrelevant then.

AS FOR THE ETERNITY OF HELL????? that is another topic altogether, when you sin you alter reality as ? would wish it to be the damage you are doing is actually incalculable

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the Bible say all sins are forgiven if one pledges faith in Jesus? So technically, evil people can go to heaven?

read what i wrote i answered that question already... If you would pay attention you would not be asking me this remedial question

My point is that the Bible ? tolerates evil people in heaven too, proclaiming faith in Jesus can make up for dozens of rapes and torture murders in the afterlife lolol. There is no unforgivable sin according to the Bible, as long as one proclaims Jesus as savior, ANYTHING can be forgiven. There are many ironies to that.

If you accept Christ in your heart you cannot be evil, you cannot do evil therefore evil people do not go to heaven it's not proclaiming faith that gets you into heaven
  • kingblaze84
    Options

My point is that the Bible ? tolerates evil people in heaven too, proclaiming faith in Jesus can make up for dozens of rapes and torture murders in the afterlife lolol. There is no unforgivable sin according to the Bible, as long as one proclaims Jesus as savior, ANYTHING can be forgiven. There are many ironies to that.

If you accept Christ in your heart you cannot be evil, you cannot do evil therefore evil people do not go to heaven it's not proclaiming faith that gets you into heaven

LMAOOOOOO!!!! Are you ? serious??? People who accept Christ into their hearts can't be evil??? Word??! How do you explain the Christian Nazis who did what they did, or the conquistadors who ? and pillaged? The Christian sex slave drivers who kidnap young kids to force them into all kinds of viciousness aren't evil? You may have lost your mind man.
  • zzombie
    Options
    There is a reason why the bible says

"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

You can proclaim what you want to proclaim that does not mean you get heaven
  • zzombie
    edited June 2016
    Options

LMAOOOOOO!!!! Are you ? serious??? People who accept Christ into their hearts can't be evil??? Word??! How do you explain the Christian Nazis who did what they did, or the conquistadors who ? and pillaged? The Christian sex slave drivers who kidnap young kids to force them into all kinds of viciousness aren't evil? You may have lost your mind man.

Listen from the perspective of ? as detailed by the gospel saying you are a christian without actually trying to live like one is the same as not being one. In other words you have to have christian behavior to really be one, the conquistadors were savages and the Nazis were more pagans than anything else the SS were in the process of creating their own religion and that is well documented.
  • zzombie
    Options
    Honestly these are some remedial questions a sunday school student could answer these questions
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2016
    Options

"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Who has a better chance of entering heaven based on your studies, a non-Christian/non-religious person who has led a decent life and never hurt anyone innocent, or a serial ? and torture murderer who has been Christian for the last few years of his or her life?
  • zzombie
    Options

Who has a better chance of entering heaven based on your studies, a non-Christian/non-religious person who has led a decent life and never hurt anyone innocent, or a serial ? and torture murderer who has been Christian and "nice" for the last few years of his or her life?

Just being nice/good is no guarantee of going to heaven like i told you only people with Christ in their hearts who obey the word of ? as best as they can will go to heaven. No one else. If you commit murder but you are a professing christian and then after that murder you do only good things for the rest of your life you can still go to hell because christ may not be in your heart you may only be doing good out of the fear of going to hell for murder. However If you honestly change and become a different person then you may go to heaven BUT ONLY ? will be able to determine if you really are a different person. THE THING IS, if you hide a murder for the rest of your life YOU ARE in essence committing a sin because you inevitably will have to continuously lie about it or cover it up

If you are non-religious will you go to heaven??? NO THE ONLY WAY IN IS THROUGH CHRIST... does that mean you will go to hell or that hell is eternal?? my studies have been inconclusive on the matter, i am still studying this but there is evidence that maybe hell won't be eternal.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No ? Sherlock.

so then what the ? did you ask me to make a list for???

I didn't. You said that thing about the final judgement and I said: might as well make the list smaller while I wait.... implying, I will make my own list smaller of things to answer for. Can't believe I just spelt that ? out for you.

And me and KingBlaze aren't unbiased but you are? Roflolol OK.

Are you crazy ???? @kingblaze84 isn't unbiased lolololololo hahahahaha everyone on this forum knows he absolutely hates hates the christian ? . I am a theist and a christian by default i am biased but we are the ones asked by atheist to answer questions about our faith so obviously there is a natural implied bias

FOR THE bold you are the only person i have this problem with it's the way you respond to things the way you word things.

For the record, EVERY ONE is biased so don't try and use atheists being biased as some sort of way to ? on them like you just did ^up^ there in your PREVIOUS post. Also, us(you included) being bias has nothing to do with why this debate sucks ? ok.

What do you mean* the way I say things? Wtf would I ask you to make the list smaller? That wouldn't even fit into the convo properly, so why would I ask you? This is why I mean, you have a really hard time following along, reasoning things out or using rationale or something I don't even know wtf is happening with your mind.

I don't believe everyone is biased about everything. period.

I only have that problem with you. You don't make the list of things you have to answer for therefore you cannot make the list smaller

rodney-dangerfield-e1308841440991.jpg
  • zzombie
    edited June 2016
    Options
    No ? Sherlock.

so then what the ? did you ask me to make a list for???

I didn't. You said that thing about the final judgement and I said: might as well make the list smaller while I wait.... implying, I will make my own list smaller of things to answer for. Can't believe I just spelt that ? out for you.

And me and KingBlaze aren't unbiased but you are? Roflolol OK.

Are you crazy ???? @kingblaze84 isn't unbiased lolololololo hahahahaha everyone on this forum knows he absolutely hates hates the christian ? . I am a theist and a christian by default i am biased but we are the ones asked by atheist to answer questions about our faith so obviously there is a natural implied bias

FOR THE bold you are the only person i have this problem with it's the way you respond to things the way you word things.

For the record, EVERY ONE is biased so don't try and use atheists being biased as some sort of way to ? on them like you just did ^up^ there in your PREVIOUS post. Also, us(you included) being bias has nothing to do with why this debate sucks ? ok.

What do you mean* the way I say things? Wtf would I ask you to make the list smaller? That wouldn't even fit into the convo properly, so why would I ask you? This is why I mean, you have a really hard time following along, reasoning things out or using rationale or something I don't even know wtf is happening with your mind.

I don't believe everyone is biased about everything. period.

I only have that problem with you. You don't make the list of things you have to answer for therefore you cannot make the list smaller

rodney-dangerfield-e1308841440991.jpg

JesusFacepalm.jpg
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2016
    Options

Who has a better chance of entering heaven based on your studies, a non-Christian/non-religious person who has led a decent life and never hurt anyone innocent, or a serial ? and torture murderer who has been Christian and "nice" for the last few years of his or her life?

Just being nice/good is no guarantee of going to heaven like i told you only people with Christ in their hearts who obey the word of ? as best as they can will go to heaven. No one else. If you commit murder but you are a professing christian and then after that murder you do only good things for the rest of your life you can still go to hell because christ may not be in your heart you may only be doing good out of the fear of going to hell for murder. However If you honestly change and become a different person then you may go to heaven BUT ONLY ? will be able to determine if you really are a different person. THE THING IS, if you hide a murder for the rest of your life YOU ARE in essence committing a sin because you inevitably will have to continuously lie about it or cover it up

If you are non-religious will you go to heaven??? NO THE ONLY WAY IN IS THROUGH CHRIST... does that mean you will go to hell or that hell is eternal?? my studies have been inconclusive on the matter, i am still studying this but there is evidence that maybe hell won't be eternal.

Okay, but it seems pretty cold and savage to make good people suffer in hell because they don't believe in a guy who has been dead for so long and never came back. Imagine if America or some other nation put people in jail just for having a certain faith or lack of faith. Most rational and logical people would say that's unfair and ? up.

So by that same notion, is it fair to say the ? you have faith in is not rational or logical?
  • zzombie
    Options

Okay, but it seems pretty cold and savage to make good people suffer in hell because they don't believe in a guy who has been dead for so long and never came back. Imagine if America or some other nation put people in jail just for having a certain faith or lack of faith. Most rational and logical people would say that's unfair and ? up.

So by that same notion, is it fair to say the ? you have faith in is not rational or logical?

Theologically speaking There is no such thing as "good people" only ? is good we don't go to heaven because we are good, we go to heaven because Christ is in our hearts and therefore we have his grace.... People choose not to believe and if you keep rejecting him ? will honor your choices and let you deal with the consequences of your faithless life.
  • zzombie
    Options
    @kingblaze84 you don't have to pick any christian sect you don't even have to read the bible

ALL you have to do is believe that Christ died for your sins and that if you repent you can be saved if you can just hold onto that ? will revel himself slowly to you and in your life,dreams and senses you will know ? BECAUSE you will develop spiritual muscles and over time these spiritual muscles will get stronger and then you can become a might man of ? .
  • R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options

ALL you have to do is believe that Christ died for your sins and that if you repent you can be saved

What if you follow the customs somewhat and want to believe but are not honestly 100% convinced any of it is true, deep down.
  • zzombie
    Options
    R0mp wrote: »

ALL you have to do is believe that Christ died for your sins and that if you repent you can be saved

What if you follow the customs somewhat and want to believe but are not honestly 100% convinced any of it is true, deep down.

belief is not always 100% constant, many Christians go through periods of doubts... you pray through them even if you are not feeling it. The feelings of doubt are how you build those spiritual muscles, doubt is the resistance that you have to push against to get stronger... and you don't have to follow any customs. TRADITIONS and customs are nice but you don't really need them.

ALL you really have to do is believe in the message of the gospel try your best to live it according to your knowledge and understanding and pray... even reading the bible is not as important as having faith and saying your prayers, BECAUSE if you are just starting out the bible can be confusing
  • R0mp
    Options

belief is not always 100% constant, many Christians go through periods of doubts... you pray through them even if you are not feeling it. The feelings of doubt are how you build those spiritual muscles, doubt is the resistance that you have to push against to get stronger... and you don't have to follow any customs. TRADITIONS and customs are nice but you don't really need them.

ALL you really have to do is believe in the message of the gospel try your best to live it according to your knowledge and understanding and pray... even reading the bible is not as important as having faith and saying your prayers, BECAUSE if you are just starting out the bible can be confusing

What you said is relieving.

I was raised in a Protestant(Apostolic) Christian household where it was taught you had to repent, ask ? to forgive all of your sins, be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ and receive the Holy Ghost and speak in tongues in order to be saved and go to heaven. They went by Acts 2:38.

I got baptized, but I had to fake like I was speaking in tongues because honestly I didn't feel anything. And we were taught if you didn't speak in tongues as ? gave the utterance, you could not enter the kingdom of Heaven. That's what started the doubt years ago.
  • zzombie
    Options

I was raised in a Protestant(Apostolic) Christian household where it was taught you had to repent, ask ? to forgive all of your sins, be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ and receive the Holy Ghost and speak in tongues in order to be saved and go to heaven. They went by Acts 2:38.

I got baptized, but I had to fake like I was speaking in tongues because honestly I didn't feel anything. And we were taught if you didn't speak in tongues as ? gave the utterance, you could not enter the kingdom of Heaven. That's what started the doubt years ago.

speaking in tongues is a blessing and a gift but not everyone will get the same blessings or gifts and they especially might not get them all at the same time. Never fake anything because you are not fooling or impressing ? and actually when you fake you are elevating the expectations of MAN over ? because who are you faking to impress??? your parents, they cannot ensure you get to heaven... are you faking out of fear???

2 tim 1:7 For ? hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

nah just just keep it real between you and ? , for you and him to have the best relationship you will have to repent because i mean you cannot willingly keep doing wrong things and think he is going to he happy with you and you also have to pray.... all the rest of the gifts will come as ? sees fit when he sees fit

I REALLY CANNOT STRESS ENOUGH THAT YOU HAVE TO PRAY AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE.
  • R0mp
    Options

speaking in tongues is a blessing and a gift but not everyone will get the same blessings or gifts and they especially might not get them all at the same time. Never fake anything because you are not fooling or impressing ? and actually when you fake you are elevating the expectations of MAN over ? because who are you faking to impress??? your parents, they cannot ensure you get to heaven... are you faking out of fear???

2 tim 1:7 For ? hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

nah just just keep it real between you and ? , for you and him to have the best relationship you will have to repent because i mean you cannot willingly keep doing wrong things and think he is going to he happy with you and you also have to pray.... all the rest of the gifts will come as ? sees fit when he sees fit

No I wasn't fearful. I faked because I wanted them(family) to believe I'd spoken in tongues. It was a big deal because in our church speaking in tongues was a sign that you'd received the holy ghost, which was required to enter heaven.

I have repented. I post degenerate stuff on here quite a bit but I haven't actually done anything too bad irl. I do need to start praying more, though.
  • zzombie
    Options

No I wasn't fearful. I faked because I wanted them(family) to believe I'd spoken in tongues. It was a big deal because in our church speaking in tongues was a sign that you'd received the holy ghost, which was required to enter heaven.

I have repented. I post degenerate stuff on here quite a bit but I haven't actually done anything too bad irl. I do need to start praying more, though.

me and you are in the same boat in that i also am far far far far from being the perfect christian all the time
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Interesting question but thy believed this place to exist so they will continue to tell us this.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And you can't have the promise of heaven without the threat of hell.
  • zzombie
    Options
    there is a belief that ? is going to throw people in hell... and while i am positive that some people will be... ? won't really be putting anyone in hell at lest that is not the perspective got from my studies.

For most people ? is simply going to remove himself from them totally and the result of that is basically HELL BECAUSE actually even the most evil people right now are under a certain amount of the grace of ? , they are still being protected and given ample chance to do right.
  • kingblaze84
    edited July 2016
    Options
    @kingblaze84 you don't have to pick any christian sect you don't even have to read the bible

ALL you have to do is believe that Christ died for your sins and that if you repent you can be saved if you can just hold onto that ? will revel himself slowly to you and in your life,dreams and senses you will know ? BECAUSE you will develop spiritual muscles and over time these spiritual muscles will get stronger and then you can become a might man of ? .

Been there, done that. The Bible ? had plenty of time to reveal itself to me when I was Christian. If the Bible ? is real, it without question is a demon and a ? made ? of epic proportions. I have no reason to want to worship a demon ? such as yours, ? that ? . You don't worship a real ? , you worship a fantasy that can't even prove itself.

https://youtu.be/betgxtosi7Y
  • kingblaze84
    edited July 2016
    Options
    For some people, hell is right here on Earth. And meanwhile, the phony and fraudulent Bible ? continues it's 2,000 plus year absence. This is not the work of an impressive and perfect ? . I'm better off worshipping the tooth fairy then the fake ass, phony Christian ? .

https://youtu.be/CFUgyBvstLg
  • zzombie
    edited July 2016
    Options
    @kingblaze84

yeah yeah yeah i've heard you say all of that and complain about ? and slander him a million times which would be fine if you would stop simultaneously asking ? to reveal himself... once again i ask you why would ? reveal himself to someone who hates him?? ? his proven himself to me not to you??? and since you hate him he might never proven himself to you.

Unfortunately pain and suffering is part of human life and it can be random like the bible says when it rains it rains on the just and unjust alike.