Official Meek Mill DC4 Mixtape Discussion (10.27.16)

Options

Comments

• Tsotsi Cape Town
    Tsotsi Cape Town Members Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shesh, the solo joints are TOUGH. So is that track with Thugga

Overall I think it's a safe tape from Meek, he didn't take any risks with this. But he didn't need to.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so now would beans have made some money with meek
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol guess what Ross said don't mean nothing
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gave some of it a listen based on the reviews in here....same problem that he's had for years...screaming. can't flow. Repetative....? is not good

And yo meek, you don't have haters...you have people calling you out on your ? ? ...that's not hating
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    bck145 wrote: »
    Gave some of it a listen based on the reviews in here....same problem that he's had for years...screaming. can't flow. Repetative....? is not good

And yo meek, you don't have haters...you have people calling you out on your ? ? ...that's not hating

To me he had moments where he had some dope bars and Tony Story 3 was tight. However he is ace hod as far as his generic subject matter in 2016. He isn't evolving as an artist. But year the screaming and same predictable ? about having a rolex on his arm and getting money was still there. The best moments of the album was when he wasn't screaming and changed it up.

To have a ? damn year to make this mixalbum he really didn't improve or grow as an artist.
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If Meek ain't good for nothing else you know you gonna get a dope intro from him.... Got that on repeat
  • MiamiNights
    MiamiNights Members Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    On The Regular beat sounds so similar to this

JAYO - Whippin: http://youtu.be/GZw9A2azXww

I guess y'all don't hear me tho
  • MiamiNights
    MiamiNights Members Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Goldie_ wrote: »

Is this real?
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    More than likely it is

No respek on Ross' word
  • bck145
    Options

To me he had moments where he had some dope bars and Tony Story 3 was tight. However he is ace hod as far as his generic subject matter in 2016. He isn't evolving as an artist. But year the screaming and same predictable ? about having a rolex on his arm and getting money was still there. The best moments of the album was when he wasn't screaming and changed it up.

To have a ? damn year to make this mixalbum he really didn't improve or grow as an artist.

He uses Ace hoods flow in some of this tape
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options

I haven't heard it yet.....yet if its like his previous ones I'm likely to come away with the same opinion.

I never really felt his music because he seems like he doesn't know how to deliver rhymes according to a beat....it's like he raps AT the tracks but doesnt flow or bounce his syllables WITH the tracks.

I'll give it a listen and try to be objective.

• raheemclassick
    raheemclassick Members Posts: 461 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • BackUpOffMe100
    BackUpOffMe100 Members Posts: 84 ✭✭
    Options
    This ? is ? dope...y'all pencil neck drake slurping geeks get ya head out of y'all collective ? ....this ? GO.

So if people don't like the tape they're Drake fans?

Yes.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why is this ? so ? loud? Gotdamn
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cuz that hoow he tawk
  • illedout
    Options
    This ? is dope..
    This the first full project I like from Meek in a while..

I know Nicki got paper but I don't think she got Mariah money..
  • illedout
    Options
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Very solid project. Only songs I couldn't ? with after 1 listen was the song with YFN Lucci and the one with Pusha (even though his verse was fire) cause of that terrible hook.
  • JJ_Evans
    JJ_Evans Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    18r3liwlnctykgif.gif

It is aight.

I think the beat selection is above his usual projects, which is a positive. I can replay most of these songs, which is something I've been unable to do in the past with Meek's albums. I just really wish the guy would change up his "hyper yelling" delivery and refrain from mentioning money or material items every fourth word. It's better than some of his past projects, but it doesn't move him up a level on the hip hop ladder. He's supposed to be a heavy hitter by now, but he's still in a lower level group that includes Chief Keef, Rae Sremmurd, French Montana, etc.....
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Same niggrums all up in the beef thread in here hmmm
  • bck145
    Options
    JJ_Evans wrote: »
    18r3liwlnctykgif.gif

It is aight.

I think the beat selection is above his usual projects, which is a positive. I can replay most of these songs, which is something I've been unable to do in the past with Meek's albums. I just really wish the guy would change up his "hyper yelling" delivery and refrain from mentioning money or material items every fourth word. It's better than some of his past projects, but it doesn't move him up a level on the hip hop ladder. He's supposed to be a heavy hitter by now, but he's still in a lower level group that includes Chief Keef, Rae Sremmurd, French Montana, etc.....

Agreed...2 years ago you would think meek would be up with the elites....but he's simply not and this project as overhyped as it is doesn't move him any closer
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fucc is you talking bout. ? I'm offended