Comments

• lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Rampage12 wrote: »
    lazypakman wrote: »
    Rampage12 wrote: »
    LOL it has a 74% rating from critics on Rotten Tomatoes but only a 51% from everyday people. Classic case of the liberal media championing it because it has a cast made up mostly of women, especially after the initial negative blowback it received.

Or its more likely rage clicking by those intent on smearing it's name?

People in the real world could care less about an RT or imdb rating.

What "real world" do you live in exactly? The majority of people I know use Rotten Tomatoes or IMDB.

My point being given the undeniable nerdageddon agenda against this movie, is it really that much of a stretch to imagine that these weirdos wouldn't have been on those sites clicking down on this movie as much as they could?

To me it seems naive to think otherwise which is why i always take 'user' feedback on these kind of sites with a massive grain of salt.

Bvs is a good recent example where you can flip what i just said in terms of reaction (27% critics 66% users right now) and i have to say being a fanboy of that property it really wasn't a good movie at all.so when i say the 'real world' im talking about that general audience (the same audience that pretty much buried that movie a week or two after its release by not going back) that every blockbuster wants to goad in, those people don't check rt or imdb initially for validation of a movie, they will go based on how its been sold to them.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    $46 million opening weekend
    expect a sequel
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Decent movie not too bad
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    Saw it toda. For a movie I didn't wana see, it was ok.
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Movie wasn't bad at all. I laughed quite a bit actually. I think people's expectations are stupid high for movies nowadays. Can't just relax and enjoy a movie.
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,479 Regulator
    Options
    it was decent , them chicks did their thing.

? y'all childhood and nostalgia ass ?