Bow Wow Says He Can't Relate To Black People And Their Issues

Options
1235»

Comments

• Vellum
    Vellum Members Posts: 471 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can see how those come across as bizarre comments...however since its Bow Wow and not even a dis but it doesnt really matter his comments there seems to be a kind of issue with people thinkin somehow everybody or the next person is going to or should see things like and say exactly what they want. Like naw, he "black" and he should look at things how I think he should. I'd say they are wrong and he's actually right as far as those are his personal views. Who is anyone to tell him what he should think? He aint hurtin nobody. People arent going to look at everything exactly the same thats just how it is.

Imma leap right here, and say they just simply have a religious state of mind.

No diss to the religious, but i guess undoubtedly it is. Its this savior issue. People regardless of race, religion, creed, whatever, are waiting to be saved. They think no matter what, if i can just utter a few words, i can go into death blissfully. It produces laziness.

They end up wasting their life, and working against positive things for the species in hopes their random belief in a ? they were randomly birth into in a random country will net them a free pass.

I dont wanna force my beliefs on anyone, and i think there are some interestingly "magical" things to this world we live in, but i feel that people too into religion, can never be truly progressive. You see how it is in arabic muslim nations.

We live in america, a secular country, distracted by a whole lot of ? . You can find a super religious girl ready to give slop top here no problem.

Buzzin, lemme stop.
  • Ida B. Wells
    Ida B. Wells Members Posts: 46
    edited July 2016
    Options
    bambu wrote: »
    ...Only in an unnatural paradigm can Lauryn Hill and Mariah Carey be classified as Black.

Anyway, comments like this will forever exist as long as you classify people who have parents from different races, where as the offspring is classified as belonging to one specific race. No matter how you seek to classify mixed race people as Black, they will always look in the mirror and see how their nose, hair, skin, lips, eyes ect have been altered by the genetics of another race, and become curious about it.

From the pics posted Bow Wows dad is obviously on the "mulatto" spectrum. Bow Wow does have light skin, and light eyes which have obviously been altered by racial admixture. And no matter how you all will like to "one drop" rule him, he is mixed. Perhaps not 50/50 Biracial, but I'm sure if a genetic test was done he would have more European admixture 30-45% than the Average African American. He looks no different than the blacks on 23andme who come out 30-45% admixed.

Anyway, this is the bed you all created, by being inclusive about your race; practicing colorism, privileging women because their light skin ect. It's only gonna get worse because you have ? now having biracial children who hate blackness.

In the anthropology racial classification sense based on his phenotype Bow Wow would be classified as a "griffe," the offspring of a biracial individual.

SPOILER: Everyone is "mixed" in that sense. Doesn't change the fact that Bow Wow is black since that term is a social construct.

No, everyone isn't "mixed." And race can be defined based on genetic and bone morphology. How you think we know what race people are when people go missing, and all doctors have is bones? We can measure your bones and tell what race you belong too! Race is real! The fact of the matter is in the United States people follow the "One Drop" rule. Which was created by white people to prevent mixed race people who could pass as white from being able to do so. Black people today, keep the white supremacist tradition going. I guess you all think by having more people identify as Black will help black influence in the world.

The fact of the matter is, you all are practicing white supremacy and don't even know it.

Don't no body consider Barack Obama a Black man but y'all... In reality he's a Biracial man.

As far as Anthropological classifications go......

African Americans as a demographic are considered to be mulatto or mixed.....

Because around 80% of African-Americans have at least 14% European admixture......

The "blackest" black man in America is probably 1/4 white.....

Incorrect.

African American's are multigenerational admixed, due to the behaviors of plantation owners. The admixture in the African American gene pool is largely the result of ? . Secondly, African American's are generally around 20% admixed; however, you do have outliners who have more than this amount, and those who have less than this amount.

However, what makes African Americans and their admixture different is that African Americans descend from West Africans. If you know anything about African genetics you will know that West Africans are genetically distant from all other populations, even other Africans. So much so even with European admixture African Americans still cluster in the African cluster.

Admixture from another race pulls a population genetically from the other population African Americans still cluster African. Which is different from Biracial individuals who pull equal genetically.

You can see on this PCA plot African American's are still clustering with West African's despite racial admixture.
    zakharia-et-al-2009-fig-3.jpg?w=869

As you can see from this PCA plot the viration of African American genetics; a small amount moving towards the European cluster; yet the majority clustering between the Mandinka and Bantu.
    zakharia-et-al-2009-fig-1.jpg?w=869

The reality is the introduction of racial admixture in the African American population did not largely make them into "Brazil." African Americans are genetically and racially a subset of African diversity.

However, with more and more of them now having biracial children, they will essentially wipe out their African admixture. A lot of Black men of this generation will be the grandparents of white grand-children.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BET came with the ether

• 5onblackhandside
    5onblackhandside Members Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Somebody ? slap dis clown ass ?
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is similar to when Keishya Cole was adament about her being mixed instead of black. Back then she thought her biological dad was Italian. Last I heard SOG's trainer Virgil Hunter was her biological dad and she's in contact with him or w/e.

I kinda get Bow Wow. By claiming mixed he doesn't have to speak on BLM and police brutality and risk offending or alienating his potential employers or his non-black fans. He needs those checks to maintain his lifestyle and pay his and his moms bills and doesn't wanna jeopardize his career, so by claiming he's not black he can remain silent on these polarizing racial matters and still get work in Hollywood.

I don't think anyone can force someone to identify with a certain race. If he says he's mixed, we should honor that. I do think that once someone doesn't wanna claim black, they can't come back once these people he tries to be like turn on him.
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    bambu wrote: »
    ...Only in an unnatural paradigm can Lauryn Hill and Mariah Carey be classified as Black.

Anyway, comments like this will forever exist as long as you classify people who have parents from different races, where as the offspring is classified as belonging to one specific race. No matter how you seek to classify mixed race people as Black, they will always look in the mirror and see how their nose, hair, skin, lips, eyes ect have been altered by the genetics of another race, and become curious about it.

From the pics posted Bow Wows dad is obviously on the "mulatto" spectrum. Bow Wow does have light skin, and light eyes which have obviously been altered by racial admixture. And no matter how you all will like to "one drop" rule him, he is mixed. Perhaps not 50/50 Biracial, but I'm sure if a genetic test was done he would have more European admixture 30-45% than the Average African American. He looks no different than the blacks on 23andme who come out 30-45% admixed.

Anyway, this is the bed you all created, by being inclusive about your race; practicing colorism, privileging women because their light skin ect. It's only gonna get worse because you have ? now having biracial children who hate blackness.

In the anthropology racial classification sense based on his phenotype Bow Wow would be classified as a "griffe," the offspring of a biracial individual.

SPOILER: Everyone is "mixed" in that sense. Doesn't change the fact that Bow Wow is black since that term is a social construct.

No, everyone isn't "mixed." And race can be defined based on genetic and bone morphology. How you think we know what race people are when people go missing, and all doctors have is bones? We can measure your bones and tell what race you belong too! Race is real! The fact of the matter is in the United States people follow the "One Drop" rule. Which was created by white people to prevent mixed race people who could pass as white from being able to do so. Black people today, keep the white supremacist tradition going. I guess you all think by having more people identify as Black will help black influence in the world.

The fact of the matter is, you all are practicing white supremacy and don't even know it.

Don't no body consider Barack Obama a Black man but y'all... In reality he's a Biracial man.

Because around 80% of African-Americans have at least 14% European admixture......

Incorrect.

African American's are multigenerational admixed, due to the behaviors of plantation owners. The admixture in the African American gene pool is largely the result of ? . Secondly, African American's are generally around 20% admixed; however, you do have outliners who have more than this amount, and those who have less than this amount.

However, what makes African Americans and their admixture different is that African Americans descend from West Africans. If you know anything about African genetics you will know that West Africans are genetically distant from all other populations, even other Africans. So much so even with European admixture African Americans still cluster in the African cluster.

Admixture from another race pulls a population genetically from the other population African Americans still cluster African. Which is different from Biracial individuals who pull equal genetically.

You can see on this PCA plot African American's are still clustering with West African's despite racial admixture.
    zakharia-et-al-2009-fig-3.jpg?w=869

As you can see from this PCA plot the viration of African American genetics; a small amount moving towards the European cluster; yet the majority clustering between the Mandinka and Bantu.
    zakharia-et-al-2009-fig-1.jpg?w=869

The reality is the introduction of racial admixture in the African American population did not largely make them into "Brazil." African Americans are genetically and racially a subset of African diversity.

However, with more and more of them now having biracial children, they will essentially wipe out their African admixture. A lot of Black men of this generation will be the grandparents of white grand-children.

Nothing that I said was incorrect....

The charts you posted illustrates that African Americans cluster between Europeans & West Africans......

affadmixture5.png

Note the contrast with the linear topology evident when European ancestry is added into the mix. Verbally what is clear is that while some African Americans have more European ancestry than others, on an individual level very few are reasonably identified as Yoruba people, or Mandenka people. Rather, individual African Americans exhibit a mix of African lineages in proportion to the various weights of sources in the slave trade.

These results are consistent with historic mating patterns among African Americans that are largely uncorrelated to African ancestral origins, and they cast doubt on the general utility of mtDNA or Y-chromosome markers alone to delineate the full African ancestry of African Americans. Our results also indicate that the genetic architecture of African Americans is distinct from that of Africans, and that the greatest source of potential genetic stratification bias in case-control studies of African Americans derives from the proportion of European ancestry

Therefore.....

• bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sounds like Bow Wow about to start cashing in those FoxNews checks at any moment now.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How you going to claim mixed when he was raised by a single black woman and his deadbeat Mexican daddy walked out
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh gawd race as far as ? sapian sapian go we are already a subspecies not enough genetic variation to be considered a different race. In fact we have one the lowest genetic diversity compares to other species. Race is social and biologists already said it doesn't exist. There are adaptations that different humans have within their natural environment but that's it a few adaptations for their survival but belong in the same species.

? sapian is being reviewed as a hybrid species when they found the A00 Y haplogroup.
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    Oh gawd race as far as ? sapian sapian go we are already a subspecies not enough genetic variation to be considered a different race. In fact we have one the lowest genetic diversity compares to other species. Race is social and biologists already said it doesn't exist. There are adaptations that different humans have within their natural environment but that's it a few adaptations for their survival but belong in the same species.

? sapian is being reviewed as a hybrid species when they found the A00 Y haplogroup.

This is the underlying point people are actually wakin up too. Thats why you have these type statements from him and Raven and stuff its people getting less ignorant to a larger picture. There is resistance because it goes against ignorance and beliefs people have been told. Stuff invented by ignorant Europeans centuries ago...is not the end all be all or something set in stone or something to hold on too in the 21st century and beyond. Surprise but its actually a good thing to get far away from many of the things they thought. Lets be real. So thats on the whole "race" thing he said but also whats the right answer to satisfy everybody? There is none so I'd rather someone say what they feel than lie just to...I dont even know why fck lyin. Its his thoughts no one else's. He's entitled to it.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options