White privledge: Judge orders suspect to cover ? tattoos w/ makeup so he could have a fair trial

Options
Trillfate
Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
A Las Vegas Judge ordered a robbery suspect to cover up his tattoos, which include a ? and the words “Baby ? ,” so he could have a fair trial.

Bayzle Morgan, 24, who is accused of stealing a man’s motorcycle at gunpoint, has tattoos including a teardrop below his right eye, a ? within a clover under his left eye, the words “Most Wanted” on his forehead, the words “Baby ? ” on his neck, the Iron Cross on the back of his head and text that says “skin” and “head” over his eyebrows.

District Judge Richard Scotti asked a cosmetologist to conceal his tattoos on each day of the trail, which started Monday. On Friday, a cosmetologist spent about two hours applying makeup to cover Morgan’s tattoos for a test makeover,
the Las Vegas Review-Journal reports.

A month ago, a different group of jurors were called on to decide the case, but when they saw his tattoos, they said they could not be fair and impartial. The judge delayed the trial while lawyers on both sides considered what to do about the tattoos, and prosecutors asked for the tattoos to be concealed.

Morgan is also facing the death penalty in the killing a 75-year-old. His murder trial is scheduled to begin next month.

2t5uj5ujnprq.png

Comments

• Trillfate
    Options
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    So... certain judges can admit that a persons outward appearance can cause jurors to be biased, but race never plays a factor in some of these cases?

What is going on in this world man? Lol

Hold up! I got laughed at when i said this too
    I mentioned this in another thread...but dude is right...

Jurors should only make their decision based on the evidence presented in the case. The person standing trial should not be seen IMO. they should conceal their appearance/race. This would make thongs more fair....

if this gains steam....this could change a lot if things.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    If that was a black man....well y'all know the deal.
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this is altering the outcome of the trial. should be against the law
  • Trillfate
    edited July 2016
    Options
    So... certain judges can admit that a persons outward appearance can cause jurors to be biased, but race never plays a factor in some of these cases?

What is going on in this world man? Lol

Hold up! I got laughed at when i said this too

I mentioned this in another thread...but dude is right...

Jurors should only make their decision based on the evidence presented in the case. The person standing trial should not be seen IMO. they should conceal their appearance/race. This would make thongs more fair....

if this gains steam....this could change a lot if things.

That's something they could experiment with, but even still juries can become bias and can still know the race of the defendant based on context clues, evidence, character witnesses and things like that
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Being white must be a trip smh.
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    I like how they mentioned he murdered somebody as an afterthought...

*full article*

Then one sentence.... “oh and uhhh....he killed some dude"
    And they try to act like they don't have privilege. Like a ? wasn't killed this month and they couldn't help but talk about every traffic ticket he's ever had, like that was validation for him getting killed like that in front of his family.
  • powerman 5000
    powerman 5000 Members Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

yeah... I noticed that ? the first time I read it then went and read the article again and other sources. The whole ? is ? up. A robbery suspect that's going on trial for brutally killing and robbing an old woman next month that the prosecutor (not defense) asked to have his tattoos covered.... smh.. this is wild and crazy.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Also so jail won't have a negative affect on him
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This type ? makes my blood boil
  • gdatruth2.0
    gdatruth2.0 Members Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sometimes you can judge a book by its cover
  • Vellum
    Vellum Members Posts: 471 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

*full article*

Then one sentence.... “oh and uhhh....he killed some dude"

Actually he killed a 78 year old woman. Which is even worse if we're to tier death in this world.

This is just an odd case. Its not even a case of white privilege, because a lot of white people dont even get this treatment. This is a case of a jury oddly being concerned about their bias opinions, and a judge oddly saying yes yes, we should cover up those racist tats.

WTF. This is stupid. So a jury of literal morons can request this, but the person or lawyer themselves cannot. Thats an odd rule to have.

Youre not on a jury because youre the cream of crop, and they get to make decisions like this. Jesus christ. This whole country needs a reform, top down.

• Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The game is ? rigged. Don't ever forget it.

Man, fry that skinhead.
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    2t5uj5ujnprq.png

Dude still ain't got no eyebrows. Guilty.
  • _God_
    _God_ Members Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Barretta did that ?
  • the dukester
    the dukester Members Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is the country they stole.

So they get to write the rules that favor them (according to the "spoils of war theory.")

One would think his defense would make a request to have his tattoos removed. Nope.

It was the prosecution .

We are living among devils.

• kid_khameleon
    kid_khameleon Members Posts: 337 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    Klanfluenza

Thank you, this is the hardest I've laughed in a long time
  • kid_khameleon
    kid_khameleon Members Posts: 337 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Even with the makeup he still looks like a serial killer so whatever