THE OFFICIAL 2016/2017 ATLANTA FALCONS THREAD

Options

Comments

• numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We got AJ Hawk now that Spoon is out for the season. Hopefully Campbell isn't gone too long and go back to starting. But as of now Scho and Hawk gotta hold this LB Core down until the rookie is healthy again.
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    He's washed but it's depth until Campbell gets back
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options
    Dam, anybody got word on who's starting at Will until Campbell is back?

Dam, that's the most important position on our Defense.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options
    I looked at the final 53. Quinn didn't pick up another rb so I guess we'll just see Coleman in the Redzone. Free is going to carry the load.

Will: Reynolds/Ishmael
    Mike: Jones/Hawk/Reed
    Sam: Beasely/Wheeler/Reed

Don't need Scho bro.
  • ya boi g
    ya boi g Members Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I looked at the final 53. Quinn didn't pick up another rb so I guess we'll just see Coleman in the Redzone. Free is going to carry the load.

Don't need Scho bro.

I see the Falcons cut Scho. Somewhat surprising to me. Id keep anybody that offer some pass rush ability right now.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options
    ya boi g wrote: »

Don't need Scho bro.

I see the Falcons cut Scho. Somewhat surprising to me. Id keep anybody that offer some pass rush ability right now.

He doesn't offer any pass-rush ability though. I mean, that's what he's supposed to do but he doesn't. Really a waste of space, doing the ? bird on the bench. We gotta pass rush on Cam without him. We need better run defense. That's Hawk's forte.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options
  • ya boi g
    Options
    Any predictions for the game Sunday?

This is a game I picked as a Big L before the season. Now im thinking the game may be close, with a chance we can pull it off if the defense show up. I believe we can score a few TD's on Denver but the problem is we probably gonna give up 3-4 scores. Im thinking maybe a 24-17 Broncos win.

Im wondering how long the offense gonna be able to keep it up.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Their offense doesn't scare me mane. Our cover 3 defense is built to prevent Emmanuel Sanders from having explosive plays. Thomas is lining up against Tru. I'll take that matchup any day. This game is going to boil down to whoever establishes the running game first because their extra regular ass QB can't beat us without it.

That defense of theirs.....smh brutal.

That worries me but those double TE sets can slow down, not stop, but slow down their pass rush. Chedda Bob (Talib) will play one on one with #11. I like that matchup 4 us. The only cb that has ever shut Julio down was Norman. Matt will catch him slipping. We need Free to EAT though.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    edited October 2016
    Options
    If Collins and/or Cj Goodwin show their worth, Alford is gone next year. We'll get an additional 2nd round pick because of that too. Collins will take the outside and Poole stays at nickle. Tru slapped with the 5th year option.

That leaves the entire secondary on rookie contracts(all 5 of em). LB core is set(2 rookies & 1 vet under 30). Quinn made sure of that this offseason. More money for the D-Line, which is the only weakness right now on both sides of the ball.

• ya boi g
    Options
    I like Poole. I thought that was a good pickup when we brung him in, I figured he would make the team but didnt think he would be starting and playing pretty well. Hes physical too, not afraid to hit somebody.

Game probably will come down too who can run the ball. Denvers one weakness on Defense is playing the run. If we beat Denver Im not doubting these boys the rest of the year.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    edited October 2016
    Options
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ya'll man's Julio ? Carolina so bad got them cutting their starting corners less than a week later.
  • Livefromclayco
    Options
  • numbaz...80's baby
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Ya'll man's Julio ? Carolina so bad got them cutting their starting corners less than a week later.

Scapegoats

Somebody should've slap the ? out of their coach. Rookies in single coverage against Julio. ? would've been fired at halftime ? with me.
    allday1992 wrote: »

?
  • numbaz...80's baby
    edited October 2016
    Options

So we got

Beasely and Reed for Sam
    Reynolds and Hawk for Mike
    Wheeler and Ismael for Will

Not bad for a 3rd and 4th string LB core.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options
  • ya boi g
    Options
    Ishmael played pretty good at LB yesterday. Defense looked good again, this time for 4 qtrs. We got pressure all day and got A bunch of sacks. Looks like everything starting to come together for the D and we are down our starting LBs. If the offense can continue to play well and our defense can continue to get better every week we might make some noise this year.
  • Livefromclayco
    Options
    I've talked down on em the whole season so I gotta give the defense props cause they were on point yesterday.

Ishmael look like he could be a LB long term and Keanu trying to knock everybody out (he even caught Vic lol)
  • numbaz...80's baby
    edited October 2016
    Options
    This was Shannahan out coaching Denver. I came across some interviews with a Denver defensive player saying that Kyle used the Patriot's gameplan from the AFC Championship. He did his homework and noticed that New England had a great game plan. They just didn't have the personel to execute it. We have two rbs fully capable and proved it again.

? Julio had about 3 open looks for big gains. They just couldn't connect.

The young defense is improving every week like I hoped they would. A little faster than I expected but I did expect it to happen. I saw good signs against Carolina. The early blowout caused the garbage time points to overshadow the 34-10 lead.

Ishmael played our 3rd string Will LB and was impressive. LaRoy Reynolds was also our 3rd string Mike LB.

Depth and Coaching is how you continue to win. TD and Quinn are doing a tremendous job so far.

After this week's Seattle game, we only travel to the west coast one more time. We play the Rams in December. I honestly believe that the toughest stretch of the schedule is done once we leave Seattle.
  • ya boi g
    Options
    Campbell, Jones and Worrilow suppose to be back at practice this week. I doubt Worrilow is ready to return and play but Im guessing there is probably a good chance Campbell and Jones will play Sunday. If so they will have to find a way to keep Ishmael on the field. He has been playing pretty good.

Game this sunday gonna be tough with the Seahawks coming off a bye and probably getting healthy. I think this game will come down to how well the Falcons defense plays again this sunday, gotta cover Jimmy Graham ass. I believe we can put some points up against the Seahawks.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Seattle's O-line is soft as toilet tissue. Their running game is good but no Beastmode back there. Their best receiving option is a TE. We've improved drastically covering them this season. We have pass rushers quick enough to chase Carlton in and out of the pocket.

Can't wait to see what scheme Shannahan chefs up this game. I've seen 5 different ones so far. The more, the better. It makes it harder for defenses to game plan against.
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Glad we caught y'all early. But I'm gonna need you to go ahead and cut this winning ? out