http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/547657/who-was-the-mvp-of-1994/p1

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/547925/who-was-the-mvp-of-1995/p1

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/548199/who-was-the-mvp-of-1996

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/548576/who-was-the-mvp-of-1997/p1

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/548771/who-was-the-mvp-of-1998/p1

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/549193/who-was-the-mvp-of-1999

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/549492/who-was-the-mvp-of-2000/p1

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/549966/who-was-the-mvp-of-2001/p1

Nas- dropped Stillmatic in late '01 and it carried over into '02, he dropped The Lost Tapes and ? Son in late '02.

Eminem- dropped arguably his best album with The Eminem Show as well as dropping the 8 Mile movie and accompanied soundtrack.

Nelly- dropped Nellyville in '02 and had arguably the biggest hit of the year with Hot In Herre.

Ja Rule- dropped Pain Is Love in late '01 and it carried over into '02 with the Ashanti single Always on Time being arguably the biggest hit of the year. He later dropped the Murder Inc compilation album in the summer, then followed it up with The Last Temptation in late '02.

Scarface- dropped arguably his most critically acclaimed album with the Fix in '02.

The Clipse- after being on the underground for several years they broke out in '02 with Lord Willin and they had arguably the beat of the year with Grindin.

Jay Z- after dropping The Blueprint in late '01 it carried him into '02 while also beefing with Nas. He later dropped the Blueprint 2 in late '02.

Cam'ron- he took a year off, repackaged his image with a new crew and new label on Roc a Fella. Dropped one of the biggest songs of the year in Oh Boy and dropped the critically acclaimed album Come Home With Me.

Who Was The MVP of 2002 89 votes

Nas
38%
northside7will grimeysupergangsteryoungnickdwade206nawledge_god5th Letterinfamous114internationalthe ghostachewon87DarthRozayqawshunbless the childza'kissillestni99ainnetompetrez3unspoken_respectIdiopathic Jokerits....JOHN B 34 votes
Eminem
26%
a_list[Deleted User]joeyfkncrakkStewChillaDaKillaDOPEdweebzCoolJoenujerz84StoneColdMikeyGee_has_hot_pictureJerfyTLogical TruthsT. SanfordsilverfoxxSuperSoakerThe Nuisance Lebong Jamesmatt maneBusta Carmichael GetoBoy 24 votes
Nelly
10%
Dupacdouble0sugeBcotton5HustleThaDonCutler 26 INT's LOL!CashmoneyDuxbears2248AggieLean.Hulk803 9 votes
Ja Rule
6%
spit_fiyaRickyRichTrillfateBabaaaEther44magD0wn 6 votes
Scarface
3%
CapitalBIbexBrideofKilla 3 votes
Clipse
1%
L.O.S.T. 1 vote
Jay Z
6%
leftcoastkevdon_simmyesco sopranoTheBoyRoraheemclassickd1al_t0ne 6 votes
Cam'ron
5%
bdbdbdKLICHEA$AP_A$TONKnowReasonForPeaceLouis Devinear 5 votes
Other (specify)
1%
Peezy_Jenkins 1 vote

Comments

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Eminem
    Easily Eminem with his album , the movie and his biggest song, lose yourself
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Eminem
    Marshall
  • supergangster
    supergangster Members Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Nas
    2002 the year he removed any and all doubts that the ? himself is superior to jay-z
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Nas
    Biased vote
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Eminem
    Musically speaking Nas wins for Lost Tapes & Gods Son.

But Em dropping an album & starring in a box office smash wins.

Says the budget on 8 Mile was 41mil it earned 243mil at the box office
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nas
    No question...

The GOAT showed and proved...

8y956g.gif
  • supergangster
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Nas
    I wonder how many people on this site that owns Stillmatic & That album Eminem dropped that year.

I bet it's more people who own Stillmatic

Mostly Eminem albums was bought by white people, racists and other genres like pop, rock n ? like that. Many kids liked his music since it was very childish. He was always clownin in his videos so it made it easy to be shown on all the music channels & radios. Nas put out songs like Get yourself a gun n ? . He kept it real with it

Nas always stayed real and that year I don't know how Nas wouldn't win, let's talk quality .
    Nas dropped ? 's Son a masterpiece, his best personal album dedicated to his mother & Stillmatic who counts aswell A GREAT ? COMEBACK, CLASSIC! .

Let's not forget Lost tapes...Masterpiece...Wow.
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Options
    Eminem
    I wonder how many people on this site that owns Stillmatic & That album Eminem dropped that year.

I own every Nas album except Nastrdamus and every Em album except Relapse, both them ? was hot garbage.

• Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nas

Mostly Eminem albums was bought by white people, racists and other genres like pop, rock n ? like that. Many kids liked his music since it was very childish. He was always clownin in his videos so it made it easy to be shown on all the music channels & radios. Nas put out songs like Get yourself a gun n ? . He kept it real with it

Nas always stayed real and that year I don't know how Nas wouldn't win, let's talk quality .
    Nas dropped ? 's Son a masterpiece, his best personal album dedicated to his mother & Stillmatic who counts aswell A GREAT ? COMEBACK, CLASSIC! .

I have never owned a Em aka Hiphop Elvis album, I have also ? off friends in the past by using them as frisbees when I find them in their collections....
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I own every Nas album except Nastrdamus and every Em album except Relapse, both them ? was hot garbage.

Nastradamus>>>SSLP

Both albums came out in 1999
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    ? a toss up, Radio wise Ja and Nelly had ? on smash. Em dominated the pop lane and Nas had the streets/hiphop heads.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Scarface
    Face had the hardest album but got burried beneath all the hoopla..
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nas
    cam definitely gets a honorable mention with me. his singles for come home with me were played everywhere in New York. there wasnt one cookout where "Oh boy" didnt get played that summer
  • supergangster
    Options
    Nas

I have never owned a Em aka Hiphop Elvis album, I have also ? off friends in the past by using them as frisbees when I find them in their collections....

Hahaha you the man ?
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nas
    2002 is the year Nas Solidified his spot in the Top 3 for me shout out to face who too me came in 2nd place as the fix still getting heavy spins....
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Options
    Eminem
    5 Grand wrote: »

Nastradamus>>>SSLP

Both albums came out in 1999

oprah-shakes-head.gif
  • bears2248
    bears2248 Members Posts: 282 ✭✭
    Options
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Eminem

#1 Gods Son
    #2 The Fix

Both classic albums tho
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Scarface
    TheGOAT wrote: »

#1 Gods Son
    #2 The Fix

Both classic albums tho

? u heard what i said! lol
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Nas
    TheGOAT wrote: »

#1 Gods Son
    #2 The Fix

Both classic albums tho

I think The Fix is better than ? Son.
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Eminem
    I'm sorry but nas ran the hippy hip hop crowd but if we talking who actually ran the year on both ends it was easily Em.... Eminem show, 8 mile movie, and that sound track with lose yourself playing everywhere every other song.... Em controlled that year
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Eminem

Facts but that aint the question here.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Eminem
    LOL @ Nas. Eminem and Nelly dominated the charts that year.

"Only dudes moving units Em, ? Juice and Us" -Jigger

Don't bother, you already know what forum we are in bruh
  • ChillaDaKilla
    ChillaDaKilla Members, Banned Users Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Eminem
    8 mile ?