Colin Kaepernick refuses “to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses Black people”...

Options

Comments

• 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Wack ass site made me post 5 times

@infamous114 props for the feeling reaction. I deserved it

i gave you one too.....where my props at?
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Wack ass site made me post 5 times

@infamous114 props for the feeling reaction. I deserved it

i gave you one too.....where my props at?

Fixed
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    how come it says trillfate was the last to post but the ? aint the last to post?
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iJRIF-eSCY

5jh8k51jspqp.gif

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/09/i-just-cant-take-the-pain-c-span-caller-bawls-on-air-because-nfl-players-kneeling-hurts-too-much/
    ‘I just can’t take the pain’: C-SPAN caller bawls on air because NFL players kneeling ‘hurts too much’

A C-SPAN caller on Monday began crying on the air because she said NFL players who are protesting the national anthem made watching football “too painful” for her.

The caller on Washington Journal‘s “independents line” explained to host Pedro Echevarria that she was boycotting the NFL because she agreed with President Donald Trump’s assertion that players should have more respect for the American flag and national anthem.

“I’m a big huge football fan but I can’t watch it anymore because it brings tears to my eyes,” Sharon from Williamstown, New Jersey explained. “It’s too painful so I can’t do that.”

According to Sharon, the flag “is a symbol of imperfect people in an imperfect country always trying to do the right thing.”

“It’s just shameful and it hurts me to see people taking a knee when we are supposed to be joyful about living in this country,” she said. “After I saw what happened [with players kneeling during the anthem], I tried to watch it and I just couldn’t because I just kept crying.”

And true to her word, Sharon broke down in tears.

“I just don’t understand why people do these things,” she sniffled. “I miss my Monday nights. I’m an addict. I have two televisions on watching two different timezones. I’m crazy about football but I just can’t take the pain.”

“It hurts… too much,” Sharon concluded.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's time to take my computer to geek squad
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    inori wrote: »
    I have a real question tho...

back in the day it was easy to boycott businesses that don't have your peoples best interests in mind and let them feel the burn of not getting black dollars... my question is... how do we adapt that strategy???

I watched yesterday and I saw commercials for T-Mobile, headache medicine, insurance companies, beers... how the ? do we navigate the terrain where you boycott one company thats owned by another company that supports the very same fuckery.

Hate to say it but I don't see muhfuckas on some "yeah... t-mobile is one of the NFL's biggest sponsors.. ? them ima switch carriers!... I aint buying Excedrin no more... and ? this noise... I'm switching my car insurance... and while i'm at it... I aint drinking this ? beer anymore either!"

People gotta be willing to do it first. Next, you gotta have an alternative, or find one.

Folks in situations where they have to use a companies service cause theres nothing else around, i can understand them not boycotting.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
  • stringer bell
    Options
    http://chicago.suntimes.com/news/chicago-cops-face-reprimand-for-taking-a-knee-in-instagram-photo/
    Chicago cops face reprimand for ‘taking a knee’ in Instagram photo

After a weekend of sideline demonstrations that roiled football fans and a divided nation, the Chicago Police Department is investigating a photo of what appears to be two uniformed officers who were photographed “taking a knee.”

The two African-American officers are seen “taking a knee” with a woman. The woman’s face is not visible in the photo but it is posted on the Instagram account of Engelwood community activist Aleta Clark, who is best known for selling T-shirts with the slogan “Hugs No Slugs.” Clark did not immediately return messages for comment Monday.

The pose became controversial last fall, when NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick chose last season to kneel during the national anthem before games to protest police brutality.

The photo shows the woman kneeling between the two officers, all three with their fists raised, beside the caption: “That Moment when you walk into the police station and ask the Men of Color are they Against Police Brutality and Racism & they say Yes… then you ask them if they support Colin Kapernick… and they also say yes… then you ask them to Kneel!”

The photo, which had more than 1,700 hearts by Monday afternoon, was one of a series of photos posted on the account showing Chicago residents taking a knee in support of Kaepernick and his protest.

CPD spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said Monday the department was aware of the photo.

“We are aware of the photo, and we will address it in the same way we have handled previous incidents in which officers have made political statements while in uniform, with a reprimand and a reminder of department policies,” Guglielimi said in a statement to the Chicago Sun-Times.

screen-shot-2017-09-25-at-11-55-48-am.png?w=629&zoom=2
  • stringer bell
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/wwii-vet-97-took-knee-support-nfl-protests-photo-goes-n804576
    WWII Vet, 97, Takes a Knee to Support NFL Protests

The photo of a 97-year-old WWII veteran kneeling in solidarity to show support for protesting football players has gone viral on Twitter.

Brennan Gilmore posted the photo of his grandfather, John Middlemas, around 7:30 a.m. Sunday before National Football League players knelt during the national anthem.

“My grandpa is a 97-year-old WWII vet & Missouri farmer who wanted to join (with) those who #TakeaKnee: ‘those kids have every right to protest,’” Gilmore wrote as a caption on the tweet.

As of Monday, the photo had been shared more than 140,000 times and “liked” by more than 377,000 users.

The proud grandson tweeted a few hours later: “Grandpa has really been an ally to the civil rights movement for many years. He’s an amazing man always on the side of justice.”

Gilmore and his grandfather were discussing the recent comments Trump made against NFL athletes when he decided to share the message, he told NBC news.

"I tweeted thinking it was pretty important, he served for 21 years including WWII," Gilmore said. "No matter what differences we have, we have the right for free speech and what he fought for.”

Middlemas is a Christian who has always valued social justice, Gilmore said, and taught his family about leaders such as Martin Luther King Jr.

"The photo is a big surprise to some people, but not to the 32 grandchildren he has," Gilmore said.

Middlemas, a farmer from Willard, Missouri, told The Springfield News-Leader he wanted to spread a message “that you have to love everybody,” and added: “We don’t ? people. We want to make people live.”

Colin Kaepernick, a former quarterback for San Francisco 49ers, pioneered the movement last year in protest against racial oppression and police brutality.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If ppl wanna stand for the anthem they could. I have no issue with it.

They better be doing something else like actually trying to affect change with programs and ? because kneeling ain't the answer.

We need action in th community more now.

Kaep said it was just to bring attention and he would stand now and it has done that but Kaep seems like the only one that's actually is doing something besides just kneeling
  • stringer bell
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBs12Ed_0Pk

There always that one ? who comes out nowhere just to..

Dancing_81ce46_349289.gif
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBs12Ed_0Pk

There always that one ? who comes out nowhere just to..

Dancing_81ce46_349289.gif

I cut it off once he said "perceived oppression". That's all I need to hear.
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Angeles1son85
    Options
  • Angeles1son85
    Options
  • Angeles1son85
    Options
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »
    inori wrote: »
    I have a real question tho...

back in the day it was easy to boycott businesses that don't have your peoples best interests in mind and let them feel the burn of not getting black dollars... my question is... how do we adapt that strategy???

I watched yesterday and I saw commercials for T-Mobile, headache medicine, insurance companies, beers... how the ? do we navigate the terrain where you boycott one company thats owned by another company that supports the very same fuckery.

Hate to say it but I don't see muhfuckas on some "yeah... t-mobile is one of the NFL's biggest sponsors.. ? them ima switch carriers!... I aint buying Excedrin no more... and ? this noise... I'm switching my car insurance... and while i'm at it... I aint drinking this ? beer anymore either!"

People gotta be willing to do it first. Next, you gotta have an alternative, or find one.

Folks in situations where they have to use a companies service cause theres nothing else around, i can understand them not boycotting.

but then makes a competitor money...or someone willing to compete for that demographics need
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    What's fascinating to me is how Jerry Jones of the Cowboys made clear to the team that NONE of them are to even think of kneeling during the anthem and they all obeyed. How you have millions of dollars but no power?

I hate Jerry Jones...but that statement about players kneeling or their off the team is something from a troll site
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    What's fascinating to me is how Jerry Jones of the Cowboys made clear to the team that NONE of them are to even think of kneeling during the anthem and they all obeyed. How you have millions of dollars but no power?

I hate Jerry Jones...but that statement about players kneeling or their off the team is something from a troll site