Colin Kaepernick refuses “to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses Black people”...

Options

Comments

• eastbay510
    eastbay510 Members Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bet the University is gonna make him walk back his comments so they don't lose recruits.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Yo SAS said the US paid the NFL to have players stand to promote patriotism during the national anthem to increase military enlistment. That explains why they do that honoring of military. SAS actually been on some real ? without Skip. Anyone got anymore info on this situation? That's another issue with this country spending billions to promote military instead of healthcare, jobs and other benefits.
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    They just played the audio of that Dabo ? and in these articles they seem to be leaving out they he dropped "these ppl need to move to another country" comment

That awkward one clap after he said "these people need to move" had me Rofl...
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

This ? Stephen A. Smith trying hard as ? to get back into fold with his fellow black people.

He been doing some good work but ? ain't that easy after all the ? this ? has said and pulled.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »

This ? Stephen A. Smith trying hard as ? to get back into fold with his fellow black people.

He been doing some good work but ? ain't that easy after all the ? this ? has said and pulled.
    Right lol
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Is it possible that a ? can uncoon himself?

This is hilarious! Great post
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SMH at people trying to turn this into some kind of fad. Standing and holding hands, or even sitting is easy as ? . Someone tell these athletes to put their money and influence to work and develop a non profit organization to ACT against systemic oppression against black people.

The issue at hand is the systemic oppression of black people, not how we're going to decide to (fake) protest today. FOH!

Why would you embarrass yourself like this??
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    On His & Hers Michael Smith was talking about Dabo's comments and said "Same ? different day" lol...

I wish ESPN would try to reprimand him...
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ghost313 wrote: »
    I find it funny that there was a Petition for Texas to succeed from the US in June, The Confederate States did succeed from theUS, and people laud the Confederacy......

yet get mad at a Black Man for Not saluting the same flag you shot down, killed men over and just as recent as thus year wantes to succeed from, disrespected its President.

Again its only a problem when Blacks don't just do what you want them to.

Watching that Ventura video really has me looking at this country becoming like ? Germany with it's forced Patriotism, false ideals. Everything we have are taught is rooted in evil and lies from a grade school level. Building walls and ? . History dors repeat itself.

They are following the ? blueprint.

They can say whatever they want about ? Germany or north Korea. They wish they could pump out that kind of propaganda and have damn near everyone follow it.
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »
    Generation after Generation we're in the same position nothing ever change but the weather for us, whether it's africa, north or south america.
    What is it going to take for us to get of the ? because all this other ? hasn't worked.
    How are we going to progress? We been praying, we protest peacefully and no result.
    Athlete stand up and lose sponsor now what?

You seem to be whining and asking a lot of questions that you YOURSELF could be working on solving

But you'd rather complain about how other people choose to react to oppression
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.businessinsider.com/tony-la-russa-colin-kaepernick-motive-2016-9
    Former MLB manager Tony La Russa says he doubts Colin Kaepernick's sincerity in protesting the national anthem

Colin Kaepernick's protest of the national anthem has generated a lot of comments on both the manner in which he has protested and the reason behind the protest. However, until now, few people in the sports world have have questioned his motives.

Enter former Major League Baseball Hall of Fame manager Tony La Russa.

La Russa, who managed in the Bay Area with the Oakland Athletics, was a guest on ESPN's "The Dan Le Batard Show" and was asked about anthem protests and recent comments made by Adam Jones of the Baltimore Orioles. Jones recently noted that protesting the anthem is more difficult in MLB because "it's a white man's sport."

La Russa disputed that claim by Jones and then quickly veered on to the subject of Kaepernick and his protest. La Russa started by saying he would not allow a player on his team to protest the anthem.

Then, unprovoked, La Russa said he doubts Kaepernick's sincerity and wonders what the real motivation is.

"I really distrust Kaepernick's sincerity," La Russa told Dan Le Batard. "I was there in the Bay Area when he first was a star, a real star. I never once saw him do anything but promote himself."

La Russa then appeared to suggest that Kaepernick's status on the 49ers could be the motivation for the protest.

"All of a sudden now, he's a second-stringer, and he's got this mission," said La Russa. "I just don't trust his sincerity."

It is worth noting that Kaepernick's public interest in social injustice appeared to begin nearly a year before he started protesting the anthem.

La Russa went on to say that "even if he was sincere," that there are ways to get the point across "without disrespecting the country you live in and the flag."

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Yo SAS said the US paid the NFL to have players stand to promote patriotism during the national anthem to increase military enlistment. That explains why they do that honoring of military. SAS actually been on some real ? without Skip. Anyone got anymore info on this situation? That's another issue with this country spending billions to promote military instead of healthcare, jobs and other benefits.

That information came out actually sometime in the summer. I heard it mentioned a couple times but this is the 1st I've heard it mentioned in reference to the current players protesting. But there were some people upset w/ the NFL over this
  • R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.businessinsider.com/tony-la-russa-colin-kaepernick-motive-2016-9
    Former MLB manager Tony La Russa says he doubts Colin Kaepernick's sincerity in protesting the national anthem

Colin Kaepernick's protest of the national anthem has generated a lot of comments on both the manner in which he has protested and the reason behind the protest. However, until now, few people in the sports world have have questioned his motives.

Enter former Major League Baseball Hall of Fame manager Tony La Russa.

La Russa, who managed in the Bay Area with the Oakland Athletics, was a guest on ESPN's "The Dan Le Batard Show" and was asked about anthem protests and recent comments made by Adam Jones of the Baltimore Orioles. Jones recently noted that protesting the anthem is more difficult in MLB because "it's a white man's sport."

La Russa disputed that claim by Jones and then quickly veered on to the subject of Kaepernick and his protest. La Russa started by saying he would not allow a player on his team to protest the anthem.

Then, unprovoked, La Russa said he doubts Kaepernick's sincerity and wonders what the real motivation is.

"I really distrust Kaepernick's sincerity," La Russa told Dan Le Batard. "I was there in the Bay Area when he first was a star, a real star. I never once saw him do anything but promote himself."

La Russa then appeared to suggest that Kaepernick's status on the 49ers could be the motivation for the protest.

"All of a sudden now, he's a second-stringer, and he's got this mission," said La Russa. "I just don't trust his sincerity."

It is worth noting that Kaepernick's public interest in social injustice appeared to begin nearly a year before he started protesting the anthem.

La Russa went on to say that "even if he was sincere," that there are ways to get the point across "without disrespecting the country you live in and the flag."

Yo I was listening to the Lebatard show live when he said that. Dan's face was hilarious.

Dan also got the clapper to call in.
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That information came out actually sometime in the summer. I heard it mentioned a couple times but this is the 1st I've heard it mentioned in reference to the current players protesting. But there were some people upset w/ the NFL over this

The original post didn't have the mod trying to move on with the quickness!
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Is it possible that a ? can uncoon himself?

Define ? . I nominate the following as ? who uncooned themselves lol:

David Banner?
    Malcolm X?
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    On His & Hers Michael Smith was talking about Dabo's comments and said "Same ? different day" lol...

lol this is the second time he said ? on national tv
    I hope ESPN don't punish him. Michael Smith is a real one but he gotta be more careful
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    After San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick refused to stand for the national anthem as a form of protest that he said was motivated by police brutality and racial injustice, the rapper — whose real name is Joseph Cartagena — said it was disrespectful to the military.

“Having thout about it, I ain’t with protesting the #NationalAnthem,” he tweeted. “Soldiers died fighting 4 our freedom not cops. Why disrepsected them?”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/09/12/fat-joe-eviscerates-colin-kaepernick-soliders-died-fighting-for-our-freedom/#ixzz4KGb6JnFc