71 year old man shot and robbed in broad daylight while watering his grass in Chicago

Options
2»

Comments

• Vellum
    Vellum Members Posts: 471 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    optimistic wrote: »
    Vellum wrote: »
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    In the link below, just look how these dudes are acting towards these cops in chicago investigating a shooting. They even believe they shot up in the air in the area somewhere just to tease them during their investigation. Theyre here trying to investigate and bring justice to someones child, and youre acting a damn fool.

Of course theyre calling the black cop a traitor and sell out. Threatening to beat the cops ass. In half the south a citizen couldve legally put holes in them by now during this 2 minute yelling fest.

These young brothas are so angry, so violent, and so lost. I dont know if you can even bring these clowns back to reality.

This ? boils my blood. A citizen is gonna ? around and go on a killing spree against these young thugs and gang bangers one day, watch. Someone is just gonna lose their ? , and go vigilante. Then even more chaos will ensue.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-heckling-and-gunfire-as-police-investigate-shooting-we-re-just-playing-20160826-story.html

Not to single you out but your language in this post to me is indicative of the frame of mind of most people not from that environment and also that of the cops themselves to some degree in the sense that it's purely reactionary and not constructive at all.

Put simply it's easy to acknowledge that there's a problem - especially when a situation as egregious as this happens - but the challenge is to find a solution.

In your post, the only counter-action you suggest is "A citizen is gonna ? around and go on a killing spree against these young thugs and gang bangers one day". Obviously nobody really thinks that's a great idea or even particularly helpful - it's just a knee-? emotional response to a ? up situation. So how is that any different that the way of thinking these kids (and also the police and society at large) have already adopted?

At this point I'd rather hear some ? like "A citizen is gonna ? around and teach these young thugs and gang bangers the value of their own lives one day".

Clearly i wasnt advocating for someone to do that. I did not suggest someone do this. I said someone is going to get frustrated enough, and may possibly do this. Im getting ? on for saying that, yet you ? are praising shannon sharpe, who literally just said the same exact ? thing yesterday? Hypocritical much. He literally said, if you dont listen to us when we're being peaceful, then we're going to make you listen to us.

I spend countless hours and paragraphs trying to be rational and logical to dumb ? on this forum almost everyday, as the spew out a non stop tsunami of ignorance and racism. I dont mind being put on blast for a perceived useless post with no solutions, but its just funny considering non constructive post are this forums bread and butter.

But aren't you saying that some citizen is going to get tired of the ? from gangs etc. and start popping ? ? Shannon is saying black America is getting tired being looked down upon and mistreated systematically. They're not the same

Youre right. This ? is right. Theyre not the same at all. Black men murdering the ? ? out of black men at a rate that makes anything else done by anyone else against us for unjust reasons look like light work. But sure sure sure, we only have one grave threat to us in america, the white man, and the white cops.

OOOOOOOOOOH LAAAAWD, how the white man forces me to murder my brotha. How he forces me to ride my bike down the street, turnaround and try to murder an old man watering his lawn. I HAVE NO CONTROL OVER MY ACTIONS BOSS. IZ JUST TRYIN TO GET ON WITH THE GET ON. OOOOOOOOOOOOH LAWDY LAWD.

You stupid ? , ? yourself by fire my ? . Shannon is basically saying the same thing. Its just the lot of you are too ? dense to see anything that isnt 2 inches infront of you, directing you which way to step, and how to think.

"No no no, vellum. Shannon is talking about systemic oppression". Youre just talking about a problem that has more effect than that for every black man in America, In a ? thread not talking about systemic oppression at all.

"Dont bring up black on black crime when its not applicable". Proceeds to bring up systemic oppression in a thread not talking about ? systemic oppression.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    This happens by my grandma house
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    OK, I'm goin to take a few stands here:
    The problem is no one is outraged by this ? .

? . There's PLENTY of outrage here; just like there's outrage for the girl shot at J'Ouvert on Sunday morning just for getting one of them dusty niggs off her. Folks are ? about stuff like this; it's one thing when gangbangers ? each other, it's something else when innocent old men watering their lawn get offed.

The question here is the same as when anyone dies in the Chi: what can the people and the law do to stop stuff like this? Protesting isn't working; activism isn't working; Mayor Rahm stopped giving ? the day after his inauguration it seems.

So what then? Do they raise a stink EVERY time someone dies violently? Where's the police? Where's the city council? State council?

I mean: before everyone starts to point fingers at Obeeze, why haven't the citizens taken this ? up the chain? Why haven't they taken it to the streets?

@Vellum - you coming off HELLA suspect lately. I understand you seem logical with some things, but you're beginning to sound more and more like a fed/double agent on this ? every day. Sounds like you need more practice at this "Devil's Advocate" thing. Everyone can't master it.
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In the link below, just look how these dudes are acting towards these cops in chicago investigating a shooting. They even believe they shot up in the air in the area somewhere just to tease them during their investigation. Theyre here trying to investigate and bring justice to someones child, and youre acting a damn fool.

Of course theyre calling the black cop a traitor and sell out. Threatening to beat the cops ass. In half the south a citizen couldve legally put holes in them by now during this 2 minute yelling fest.

These young brothas are so angry, so violent, and so lost. I dont know if you can even bring these clowns back to reality.

This ? boils my blood. A citizen is gonna ? around and go on a killing spree against these young thugs and gang bangers one day, watch. Someone is just gonna lose their ? , and go vigilante. Then even more chaos will ensue.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-heckling-and-gunfire-as-police-investigate-shooting-we-re-just-playing-20160826-story.html

Not to single you out but your language in this post to me is indicative of the frame of mind of most people not from that environment and also that of the cops themselves to some degree in the sense that it's purely reactionary and not constructive at all.

Put simply it's easy to acknowledge that there's a problem - especially when a situation as egregious as this happens - but the challenge is to find a solution.

In your post, the only counter-action you suggest is "A citizen is gonna ? around and go on a killing spree against these young thugs and gang bangers one day". Obviously nobody really thinks that's a great idea or even particularly helpful - it's just a knee-? emotional response to a ? up situation. So how is that any different that the way of thinking these kids (and also the police and society at large) have already adopted?

At this point I'd rather hear some ? like "A citizen is gonna ? around and teach these young thugs and gang bangers the value of their own lives one day".

Clearly i wasnt advocating for someone to do that. I did not suggest someone do this. I said someone is going to get frustrated enough, and may possibly do this. Im getting ? on for saying that, yet you ? are praising shannon sharpe, who literally just said the same exact ? thing yesterday? Hypocritical much. He literally said, if you dont listen to us when we're being peaceful, then we're going to make you listen to us.

I spend countless hours and paragraphs trying to be rational and logical to dumb ? on this forum almost everyday, as the spew out a non stop tsunami of ignorance and racism. I dont mind being put on blast for a perceived useless post with no solutions, but its just funny considering non constructive post are this forums bread and butter.

But aren't you saying that some citizen is going to get tired of the ? from gangs etc. and start popping ? ? Shannon is saying black America is getting tired being looked down upon and mistreated systematically. They're not the same

Youre right. This ? is right. Theyre not the same at all. Black men murdering the ? ? out of black men at a rate that makes anything else done by anyone else against us for unjust reasons look like light work. But sure sure sure, we only have one grave threat to us in america, the white man, and the white cops.

OOOOOOOOOOH LAAAAWD, how the white man forces me to murder my brotha. How he forces me to ride my bike down the street, turnaround and try to murder an old man watering his lawn. I HAVE NO CONTROL OVER MY ACTIONS BOSS. IZ JUST TRYIN TO GET ON WITH THE GET ON. OOOOOOOOOOOOH LAWDY LAWD.

You stupid ? , ? yourself by fire my ? . Shannon is basically saying the same thing. Its just the lot of you are too ? dense to see anything that isnt 2 inches infront of you, directing you which way to step, and how to think.

"No no no, vellum. Shannon is talking about systemic oppression". Youre just talking about a problem that has more effect than that for every black man in America, In a ? thread not talking about systemic oppression at all.

"Dont bring up black on black crime when its not applicable". Proceeds to bring up systemic oppression in a thread not talking about ? systemic oppression.

for a person who often claims to be intellectually superior you have a hard time grasping the idea of crime being a symptom of systemic oppression that has regulated many blks to these impoverished neighborhoods where violence is common

poverty affects all racial demographics, but blk ppl are disproportionately affected. We are the last hired, first hired. We face discrimination in the mortgage and banking industry. And our schools are ? .

while, of course low income does not imply low morals, many impoverished families struggle to maintain a family unit. additionally, the location of most poor blk communities, is crowded. with so many people packed in so tightly, it is difficult to escape the influence/actions of the "bad eggs" and people are at a very real risk of second hand violence

no one forced the young man to pull the trigger....but as I alluded to before i bet i could find multiple times our government failed to protect the victim and failed to prevent this young man from picking up a gun

That said, sad the young man decided to commit such a heinous act though...positive he will he punished, unlike the officers who brutalize and harras citizens daily without facing any real consequences
  • optimistic
    optimistic Members Posts: 659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

motivationalposters_zps6j9oyulj.jpg

Yeah all that my ? but you love to do a whole lot of arguing off of narratives you make up in your own feeble mind. All the lawwdys and massas you type only proves you're fluent in ? . You reek of ? nigganess and I suspect more and more you're some white smartass college kid with no friends, but you go right ahead and save the black community "they" should be really receptive to your petty insults.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Chi-Town need their own Dr Mireles

e4zgage7jy05.jpeg

Cartel Land
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xC5bpPfltOI

Chi- town needs martial law

• rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chi- Town will be the jump off for Martial Law. It's inevitable at this point.
  • desertrain10
    Options
    rickmogul wrote: »
    Chi- Town will be the jump off for Martial Law. It's inevitable at this point.

Violence was way worst in the early 90s

If it didn't happen then, it's not happening now...at least not in the foreseeable future
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I feel u desertrain I was all up in it. The Woods( May and Bell) Wild 100's and 79th and Stoney. Them illuminated individuals got a plan and they're behind schedule if u let them tell it. I truly believe 2 further attempt to tarnish Obama,. His home town will " bear this burden.". We'll see. Respect 2 ya reply fam.
  • WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As a guy from this city and love this city. It all started by cutting down the projects. Then drugs poured in from the cartel which in turn ? it up even more cuz gang needed blocks.
    Neighborhoods that were decent now war zones as well. Now you have the offspring of drug addicts and just ? poor parents coming of age giving no ? . its good kids in these neighborhoods as well but it's extremely hard when you grouped in with drug addicts and violent individuals and guns. You either sink or swim. ? they even cut down neighborhood schools which make you have to go to a school in a rival hood. A lot of these kids got Postpartum Depression. It takes a village truly but we to concern with other ? . Thinking feeding and dressing them up in nice clothes is love. These shorties need to learn values of life so they can want to live. But How??? Is my biggest question with no answers.
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rickmogul wrote: »
    I feel u desertrain I was all up in it. The Woods( May and Bell) Wild 100's and 79th and Stoney. Them illuminated individuals got a plan and they're behind schedule if u let them tell it. I truly believe 2 further attempt to tarnish Obama,. His home town will " bear this burden.". We'll see. Respect 2 ya reply fam.

Lmao @ "further attempt to tarnish Obama" as if he gives a ? about you, the Chi, or Blacks. Y'all ? can't be that gullible.
  • Vellum
    Options

for a person who often claims to be intellectually superior you have a hard time grasping the idea of crime being a symptom of systemic oppression that has regulated many blks to these impoverished neighborhoods where violence is common

poverty affects all racial demographics, but blk ppl are disproportionately affected. We are the last hired, first hired. We face discrimination in the mortgage and banking industry. And our schools are ? .

while, of course low income does not imply low morals, many impoverished families struggle to maintain a family unit. additionally, the location of most poor blk communities, is crowded. with so many people packed in so tightly, it is difficult to escape the influence/actions of the "bad eggs" and people are at a very real risk of second hand violence

no one forced the young man to pull the trigger....but as I alluded to before i bet i could find multiple times our government failed to protect the victim and failed to prevent this young man from picking up a gun

That said, sad the young man decided to commit such a heinous act though...positive he will he punished, unlike the officers who brutalize and harras citizens daily without facing any real consequences

No, actually i dont. You cant just make a claim with no basis. Countless times in threads, i have already addressed my awareness and empathy for all of our situations that lead us to crime. You stupid ? act like, if im not just typing cac every 2 minutes, and blaming all my issues on white people, im a ? who doesnt understand.

I understand my ? . I was raised poor. I know what its like to mistake roaches for raisins my ? . Electricity off, clothes aint washed. Self conscious around all these white people living good, while im trying to hand wash my clothes in the tub. Raised by my grandmother and aunts. Im fully conscious how poverty affects human beings. Any third grader with literally half a brain can understand this, but its clearly not the answer to all the problems. Otherwise 45 million people in this country living in or below poverty would be serial criminals, turning this ? into a dystopia. Clearly thats not the case.

You cant just build a narrative of an individual based off of nothing. You can refute what you think is wrong about my opinion, but to assume ive treaded through this forum magically oblivious to the affects of poverty on human beings is as dishonest as it can get. Knowing myself,and considering who i am. My ? would laugh you out the door thinking im some self hating, shucking and jiving ? .

Youre clearly not thinking for yourself enough. Sounds like youre just following other self hating black folks, pretending to be our freedom fighters from white supremacy.
  • Vellum
    Options

Yeah all that my ? but you love to do a whole lot of arguing off of narratives you make up in your own feeble mind. All the lawwdys and massas you type only proves you're fluent in ? . You reek of ? nigganess and I suspect more and more you're some white smartass college kid with no friends, but you go right ahead and save the black community "they" should be really receptive to your petty insults.

Spoilered cause i want you to read the bold first, and hopefully take the advice.
    I sound like some white smartass college kid with no friends because why? Is it because while i agree with the end game, i have a different means of achieving it. Is it because of my constant support for us to be better, and do better. Is it simply because of how i articulate myself on a forum filled with "twitter speak", and general ignorance of actual reality.

Im as far from some white nerd with no friends trying to pretend to be a black man on the internet as they come my ? . How insecure and ? are you that this is your default insult. Oh, this ? disagrees with me, and can actually articulate himself. He must be some cracka college kid pretending.

You sure you arent projecting my ? ? If you are in fact black. How disgusting are you to assume a black man in America cannot articulate himself, while also having his own opinion without being white. What the ? does that say about what you think about us as a people you ? ? ass ? .

? yourself immediately. Straight no chaser. Also, i'll insult you soft, ? ? all i want. If thats all it takes for you to cry. You aint built for ? , and need to get the ? out this war. You ? ass ? .
  • optimistic
    optimistic Members Posts: 659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Spoilered cause i want you to read the bold first, and hopefully take the advice.
    I sound like some white smartass college kid with no friends because why? Is it because while i agree with the end game, i have a different means of achieving it. Is it because of my constant support for us to be better, and do better. Is it simply because of how i articulate myself on a forum filled with "twitter speak", and general ignorance of actual reality.

Im as far from some white nerd with no friends trying to pretend to be a black man on the internet as they come my ? . How insecure and ? are you that this is your default insult. Oh, this ? disagrees with me, and can actually articulate himself. He must be some cracka college kid pretending.

You sure you arent projecting my ? ? If you are in fact black. How disgusting are you to assume a black man in America cannot articulate himself, while also having his own opinion without being white. What the ? does that say about what you think about us as a people you ? ? ass ? .

? yourself immediately. Straight no chaser. Also, i'll insult you soft, ? ? all i want. If thats all it takes for you to cry. You aint built for ? , and need to get the ? out this war. You ? ass ? .

How insecure are you when you cry like a ? if someone has an opinion that's different? The nerve of you to catch feelings when you as a "black " "man" somehow find a way to regularly tell other black men to ? themselves, say " you ? disgust me" more than uncle ruckus, and take shots at anyone who is audacious enough to disagree with your ? . Guess those are your default insults.
    Lol you ? clown that's that white people ? I'm talm bout
    Your articulation as you call it is nothing more than a bunch of double talking gibberish from a meaningless confused blowhard.
    Why would you assume I thought you were white because you claim to be articulate?
    Do you equate being white with being articulate?
    Are you secretly yearning to put mayonnaise on your chitterlings?
    Does me assuming you're white really make you smile inside?
    Now wash down 100 vicodins with a bleach and boric acid cocktail and go sit your punk ass down somewhere and die slowly
  • Vellum
    edited September 2016
    Options

[/b]

1) How insecure are you when you cry like a ? if someone has an opinion that's different? The nerve of you to catch feelings when you as a "black " "man" somehow find a way to regularly tell other black men to ? themselves,

2) say " you ? disgust me" more than uncle ruckus, and take shots at anyone who is audacious enough to disagree with your ? . Guess those are your default insults.

3) Lol you ? clown that's that white people ? I'm talm bout
    Your articulation as you call it is nothing more than a bunch of double talking gibberish from a meaningless confused blowhard.
    Why would you assume I thought you were white because you claim to be articulate?
    Do you equate being white with being articulate?
    Are you secretly yearning to put mayonnaise on your chitterlings?
    Does me assuming you're white really make you smile inside?
    Now wash down 100 vicodins with a bleach and boric acid cocktail and go sit your punk ass down somewhere and die slowly

All of this is nonsense at best. How some of you ? on this forum function in real life is beyond me. You likely dont. Anyways...

1) I tell you to ? yourself because i mean it, and i think youre useless. You serve no purpose here on this planet. You could be lime green for all i care. Id still tell you to ? yourself, and id dance on your grave with your mother after i took a ? on it.

2) I say it because i can. On this forum, thats light work. I try not to say it, but eh, it is what it is. You do disgust me my ? . I dont get offended by anyone taking shots at me. Im offended by the overwhelming stupidity on this forum coming from what i suppose are my people. If the world was left to stupid ? who think like you, we would have been a dead species tens of thousands of years ago.

3) Why would i assume you think im white based on how i type, when that was your obvious allegation? I didnt type that, you did, and many of you ? ass ? have before. But you right. Youre the victim here, and im just making ? up out of thin air.

You got it big man. I'll dial it back, and let you take over the revolution. Im sure youre intellectually more qualified than me, and most of us here. LMFAO. Im wrong. Youre always right. You cant be wrong, and you got all da answers. Got it!

Victimizing ass ? . I hate a majority of you ? ass young ? with a passion. Youre all so self entitled, and stupid. You couldnt lead a horse to fresh water if it was 3 feet in front of you with neon signs pointing you where to go. The only thing you can offer is regression, and the death of my own people by your idiotic, nonsensical, ? .

You parade the streets and the internet as freedom fighters. When youre all just confused little boys. I was there once. I mean, some of you are of age adults but still stupid, and not teens and early 20 somethings. Anyways, i was young once. I remember my early arguings on the internet. Just self entitled falsehoods back to back to back. I had more excuses then than you dummies have now though. You can google your answers in seconds, but still type stupid ? on the internet.

200.gif

• desertrain10
    Options

No, actually i dont. You cant just make a claim with no basis. Countless times in threads, i have already addressed my awareness and empathy for all of our situations that lead us to crime. You stupid ? act like, if im not just typing cac every 2 minutes, and blaming all my issues on white people, im a ? who doesnt understand.

I understand my ? . I was raised poor. I know what its like to mistake roaches for raisins my ? . Electricity off, clothes aint washed. Self conscious around all these white people living good, while im trying to hand wash my clothes in the tub. Raised by my grandmother and aunts. Im fully conscious how poverty affects human beings. Any third grader with literally half a brain can understand this, but its clearly not the answer to all the problems. Otherwise 45 million people in this country living in or below poverty would be serial criminals, turning this ? into a dystopia. Clearly thats not the case.

You cant just build a narrative of an individual based off of nothing. You can refute what you think is wrong about my opinion, but to assume ive treaded through this forum magically oblivious to the affects of poverty on human beings is as dishonest as it can get. Knowing myself,and considering who i am. My ? would laugh you out the door thinking im some self hating, shucking and jiving ? .

Youre clearly not thinking for yourself enough. Sounds like youre just following other self hating black folks, pretending to be our freedom fighters from white supremacy.

? off bruh

Yes, the 40 + million ppl living in poverty are not violent and or criminals

But I never said being poor destined you to a life of crime

Or as I already stated impoverished does imply low morals

I get it though. I'm not surprising given the dismissive and deflective responses from you in the past when anyone introduces race into the convo, regardless of the context

It's better to mischaracterize my argument. Otherwise it doesnt fit the narrative that you're the concerned citizen with a brain while the rest of us are just perpetual victims repeating liberal talking points we don't understand

But continue on. Believe what you like. Pretend the attacks against you have been unwarranted, even though you falsely suggested that talk of systemic opression has no place in this thread/ discussion of the spike in violence in Chicago

I don't know how an objective individual would come to that conclusion, considering study after study has concluded crime is caused in great part by socioeconomic factors

So as I was saying, continuously high unemployment, entrenched poverty, bleak educational opportunities, racial segregation, economic inequality, generations of trauma, and societal neglect create the cycles of desperation that provide kindling for pervasive crime in black communities

You drop a bunch of white boys into the South side Chicago under the same circumstances and you would see the same results

Otherwise you'd have to make the case crime is caused by cultural pathologies or inherent criminality. An argument that has long been used by politicans as a scapegoat and to justify the heavy policing of Blk ppl since slavery

That said, citizens are better off storming city hall and demand that the ppl they pay their taxes too take accountability for their part in creating these conditions. A sentiment more allign with Shannon thoughts on the issue of inequality and crime in inner cities

• Vellum
    Options
    When ? so emotionally hurt by my post, they make a post trying to refute me, but end up basically agreeing with me. This is like the 3rd stupid ? to do this.

I dont have the energy to refute that ? . You right. You got it mane.