71 year old man shot and robbed in broad daylight while watering his grass in Chicago

Options
Vellum
Vellum Members Posts: 471 ✭✭✭✭
Chicago is now up to 516 murders. 16 in the last 4 days. IN 4 DAYS, 16 SHOT AND KILLED.

Like, are these little ? legit ? ? So you ride your bike past him, see an old man watering his grass, then turn around shoot and rob him. Then just ride off on your bicycles. IN BROAD DAYLIGHT. With cars going back and forth. What were you expecting to get, and why would you assume this old man watering his grass had his wallet on him??

I mean, how dumb can these ? continue to be, and get. Decades of this ? , and we cant get rid of it, or minimize it to super low levels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aReoFvaccak

Comments

• Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
  • babelipsss
    babelipsss Members Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Bunch of lowlifes.
  • ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The problem is no one is outraged by this ? .
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Chi-Town need their own Dr Mireles

e4zgage7jy05.jpeg

Cartel Land
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xC5bpPfltOI
  • Vellum
    Options
    In the link below, just look how these dudes are acting towards these cops in chicago investigating a shooting. They even believe they shot up in the air in the area somewhere just to tease them during their investigation. Theyre here trying to investigate and bring justice to someones child, and youre acting a damn fool.

Of course theyre calling the black cop a traitor and sell out. Threatening to beat the cops ass. In half the south a citizen couldve legally put holes in them by now during this 2 minute yelling fest.

These young brothas are so angry, so violent, and so lost. I dont know if you can even bring these clowns back to reality.

This ? boils my blood. A citizen is gonna ? around and go on a killing spree against these young thugs and gang bangers one day, watch. Someone is just gonna lose their ? , and go vigilante. Then even more chaos will ensue.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-heckling-and-gunfire-as-police-investigate-shooting-we-re-just-playing-20160826-story.html

• SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Vellum wrote: »
    In the link below, just look how these dudes are acting towards these cops in chicago investigating a shooting. They even believe they shot up in the air in the area somewhere just to tease them during their investigation. Theyre here trying to investigate and bring justice to someones child, and youre acting a damn fool.

Of course theyre calling the black cop a traitor and sell out. Threatening to beat the cops ass. In half the south a citizen couldve legally put holes in them by now during this 2 minute yelling fest.

These young brothas are so angry, so violent, and so lost. I dont know if you can even bring these clowns back to reality.

This ? boils my blood. A citizen is gonna ? around and go on a killing spree against these young thugs and gang bangers one day, watch. Someone is just gonna lose their ? , and go vigilante. Then even more chaos will ensue.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-heckling-and-gunfire-as-police-investigate-shooting-we-re-just-playing-20160826-story.html

Not to single you out but your language in this post to me is indicative of the frame of mind of most people not from that environment and also that of the cops themselves to some degree in the sense that it's purely reactionary and not constructive at all.

Put simply it's easy to acknowledge that there's a problem - especially when a situation as egregious as this happens - but the challenge is to find a solution.

In your post, the only counter-action you suggest is "A citizen is gonna ? around and go on a killing spree against these young thugs and gang bangers one day". Obviously nobody really thinks that's a great idea or even particularly helpful - it's just a knee-? emotional response to a ? up situation. So how is that any different that the way of thinking these kids (and also the police and society at large) have already adopted?

At this point I'd rather hear some ? like "A citizen is gonna ? around and teach these young thugs and gang bangers the value of their own lives one day".
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @BEAM

Its still not that bad huh
  • ChillaDaKilla
    ChillaDaKilla Members, Banned Users Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • b'mer...
    b'mer... Members Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A new panther party is needed
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    Crazy thing is that the crime rate in Chicago has decreased alot. In 74 the murder rate was at 917. And that's not only from gun violence. They were beating people to death with bats.

So much for the fatherless youth of today huh? It's still catastrophic but I think people know about it today because of social media.
  • Vellum
    Options
    SneakDZA wrote: »

Not to single you out but your language in this post to me is indicative of the frame of mind of most people not from that environment and also that of the cops themselves to some degree in the sense that it's purely reactionary and not constructive at all.

Put simply it's easy to acknowledge that there's a problem - especially when a situation as egregious as this happens - but the challenge is to find a solution.

In your post, the only counter-action you suggest is "A citizen is gonna ? around and go on a killing spree against these young thugs and gang bangers one day". Obviously nobody really thinks that's a great idea or even particularly helpful - it's just a knee-? emotional response to a ? up situation. So how is that any different that the way of thinking these kids (and also the police and society at large) have already adopted?

At this point I'd rather hear some ? like "A citizen is gonna ? around and teach these young thugs and gang bangers the value of their own lives one day".

Clearly i wasnt advocating for someone to do that. I did not suggest someone do this. I said someone is going to get frustrated enough, and may possibly do this. Im getting ? on for saying that, yet you ? are praising shannon sharpe, who literally just said the same exact ? thing yesterday? Hypocritical much. He literally said, if you dont listen to us when we're being peaceful, then we're going to make you listen to us.

I spend countless hours and paragraphs trying to be rational and logical to dumb ? on this forum almost everyday, as the spew out a non stop tsunami of ignorance and racism. I dont mind being put on blast for a perceived useless post with no solutions, but its just funny considering non constructive post are this forums bread and butter.

• Vellum
    Options
    Shanon sharpe: "If you dont listen to us when we're being peaceful, then we're going to make you listen to us".

Vellum: "One day someones just gonna have enough of this ? and take matters into their own hands in Chicago. Adding more problems to an already problematic situation"

Forum: "Vellum shut the ? up. Your post is not constructive at all. Youre advocating violence. Shout out to my ? shannon sharpe. He speaking the truth out here".

0rhoL-.gif
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Lurkristocrat
    Lurkristocrat Members Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Real ? .

Look at the comments. ? desensitized to the ? smh.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sickening. We probably have to eradicate a lot of youth that cannot be reformed there for the sake of our people continuing.
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Trollio wrote: »
    Damn they got stanley

I tried hard not to laugh @ this, but I failed miserably.

U aint ? ! lololol

• Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Why does a person have to be enraged?

There are lots of people who are heartbroken, hurt and care enough to act. I would encourage you to look into the grassroots organizations that have been working for years to improve conditions in Chi. The "Interrupters" is a great place to start. In addition to people like Common, and Isiah Thomas.

The more I read similar comments and attitudes I am convinced there are many who just follow mainstream media while doing the knowledge on how they can contribute by supporting the many local people who fight for change.

• optimistic
    optimistic Members Posts: 659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SneakDZA wrote: »

Clearly i wasnt advocating for someone to do that. I did not suggest someone do this. I said someone is going to get frustrated enough, and may possibly do this. Im getting ? on for saying that, yet you ? are praising shannon sharpe, who literally just said the same exact ? thing yesterday? Hypocritical much. He literally said, if you dont listen to us when we're being peaceful, then we're going to make you listen to us.

I spend countless hours and paragraphs trying to be rational and logical to dumb ? on this forum almost everyday, as the spew out a non stop tsunami of ignorance and racism. I dont mind being put on blast for a perceived useless post with no solutions, but its just funny considering non constructive post are this forums bread and butter.

But aren't you saying that some citizen is going to get tired of the ? from gangs etc. and start popping ? ? Shannon is saying black America is getting tired being looked down upon and mistreated systematically. They're not the same
  • ThaNubianGod
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »

There are lots of people who are heartbroken, hurt and care enough to act. I would encourage you to look into the grassroots organizations that have been working for years to improve conditions in Chi. The "Interrupters" is a great place to start. In addition to people like Common, and Isiah Thomas.

The more I read similar comments and attitudes I am convinced there are many who just follow mainstream media while doing the knowledge on how they can contribute by supporting the many local people who fight for change.

Why does a person have to be enraged??? When a 70 year old is shot watering his damn lawn?

And you can fallback with the grassroots, Common, Isiah Thomas stuff. This isn't about celebs or activists. It's about the public. You know...parents, friends, families and the complete ? up situation happening in Chicago. The change has and will always need to come from within.
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Why does a person have to be enraged??? When a 70 year old is shot watering his damn lawn?

And you can fallback with the grassroots, Common, Isiah Thomas stuff. This isn't about celebs or activists. It's about the public. You know...parents, friends, families and the complete ? up situation happening in Chicago. The change has and will always need to come from within.

So, the only acceptable response is rage?

grass roots
    noun
    plural noun: grassroots

the most basic level of an activity or organization.
    "the whole campaign would be conducted at the grass roots"
    synonyms: popular, of-the-people, bottom-up, nonhierarchical, rank-and-file
    "a grassroots movement"
    ordinary people regarded as the main body of an organization's membership.
    "you have lost touch with the grass roots of the party"

You need to get on board. Grassroots is the Public, parents, friends and family. SMH.

#outoftouchnegroes.
  • ThaNubianGod
    Options

So, the only acceptable response is rage?

grass roots
    noun
    plural noun: grassroots

the most basic level of an activity or organization.
    "the whole campaign would be conducted at the grass roots"
    synonyms: popular, of-the-people, bottom-up, nonhierarchical, rank-and-file
    "a grassroots movement"
    ordinary people regarded as the main body of an organization's membership.
    "you have lost touch with the grass roots of the party"

You need to get on board. Grassroots is the Public, parents, friends and family. SMH.

#outoftouchnegroes.

When a 70 year old getting shot watering his lawn on your block, you can damn well bet there should be outrage. WTF does grassroot orgs have to do with this anyway? This is about families, parenting, or the lack of both. There's no policy or law that needs to be put in place, parents need to just raise their kids right.