Columbus,OH pigs ? a black 13-year-old boy Tyre King who was carrying laser BB gun...

Options

Comments

• 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    7figz wrote: »
    Before this whole thread is occupied by people vilifying BB guns and justifying this ? , let me ask you 2 things:

- Are BB guns illegal ?
    - How many white kids are killed for carrying BB guns ?

First point no

Second point.. who cares... we have to worry about us.. because whining about whats not happening to whites is not saving a young black child from getting shot.. We already know the game so we should take precaution an use good judgement

You mistake the point of that second question.

It's not to say that Black kids should not use good judgement, or should carry BB guns (though we should have the right like anyone else).

It's pointing out that police don't ? simply because they claim to see someone with a gun / BB gun but because a person is Black.

• bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Before this whole thread is occupied by people vilifying BB guns and justifying this ? , let me ask you 2 things:

- Are BB guns illegal ?

First point no

Second point.. who cares... we have to worry about us.. because whining about whats not happening to whites is not saving a young black child from getting shot.. We already know the game so we should take precaution an use good judgement

It's not to say that Black kids should not use good judgement, or should carry BB guns (thought we should have the right like anyone else).

It's pointing out that police don't ? simply because they claim to see someone with a gun / BB gun but because a person is Black.

Straight up. You don't see black cops killing white or black kids. You don't see white cops killing white kids, but you see them killing black kids like it ain't ? to them.
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Vellum wrote: »
    ? happens. There were a group of people that robbed someone earlier, they fit the description. Cops go to talk to them, they take off running, allegedly he pulls out his bb gun, gets got.

Who cares. Clearly ? aint learning in America. Keep repeating the same cliche over and over. His age is irrelevant. Parents should be ashamed.
    Man shut yo ? troll azz up. If ur white then ur a ignorant cac baby made outta ? . Either way run along now

• Dazzling
    Dazzling Members Posts: 410 ✭✭✭
    Options
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

- Are BB guns illegal ?

First point no

It's not to say that Black kids should not use good judgement, or should carry BB guns (though we should have the right like anyone else).

I get that.. and with that knowledge apply it.
  • bossdon201
    bossdon201 Members Posts: 900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So people actually believe that the replica was realistic that it even tricked the kid who had and he pulled it out to start shooting lol.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @gns did you understand the direction I was going with my comment?
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

- Are BB guns illegal ?

First point no

The eventual direction that I was going with my thoughts when we were talking earlier
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    xxCivicxx wrote: »
    So they're saying he pulled the bb gun out of his waist as he was running away?

Smh ok

Seems fishy. Why would someone knowingly pull a BB gun on someone with a real gun? If it really did go like that though, I can't fault the cops here. Most BB guns now look real.

Because he's 13. They dont understand the world in full at all. They understand enough, but not much. Its the same reason Tamir Rice was walking around the park pointing his bb gun at people that walked by him, unaware how that might seem to a bystander, and the consequence of his actions.

Theyre children lost in a reality of the coolness of violence. I was a child once, who wanted to play with bb guns. My grandmother said no, and made it clear she would destroy me if i did. So we used super soakers, and orange plastic guns in our own backyard.

Now kids is walking around with bb/pellet guns that look like glocks. This cant be real life.

Smh & lol @ whoever this ? is
    You know u posting some ? ? when even @a talented one wacking your posts like "nah bruh.......u out there with it"
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @gns did you understand the direction I was going with my comment?

Re read it
    Ok gotchu
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/tyre-king-13-fatally-shot-police-columbus-ohio-n648671
    The family of the boy said in a statement that they want an independent investigation into the shooting.

"The Columbus Police Department has a history of investigating itself following these officer involved shootings and we believe that these investigations are inherently biased," attorney Chanda L. Brown said. "The best thing that the City of Columbus could do to ease the minds and fears of its citizens is to step aside and let an independent party investigate the matter."

Jacobs said investigators are expected to pass their review of the latest case onto a prosecutor and grand jury, which would determine whether any criminal charges are warranted against the officers involved.

It's unclear whether any surveillance or cellphone footage has been recovered showing the shooting.

Police also did not immediately say whether the officers involved were wearing body cameras. Last month, 30 Columbus cops began testing body-worn cameras and the department is expected to fully implement the devices by the end of the year, WCMH reported.

King was last enrolled at Linden STEM Academy as an eighth grader, WCMH said. King's family said in a statement released by their attorneys that "Tyre was a typical 13-year-old child. He was active in football, soccer, hockey, and gymnastics."

The city of Columbus has seen 13 police-involved shootings this year. Five ended with a civilian being fatally shot, and one resulted in the death of the officer.

An attorney representing King's family urged the public not to rush to judgment. "We do not know what he did or did not do. There are allegations that have been made regarding his actions, and those allegations cannot be taken as factual until a thorough, unbiased investigation has taken place," attorney Sean L. Walton said.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why is everyone assuming the cops story is the truth?...it could be....but they've proven that they lie for each other time and time again
  • Tymoney19
    Tymoney19 Members Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ehhh at the risk of sounding like a ? ......... the bb gun looked real. whole shooting seems reasonable. but we'll find out more.
  • Vellum
    Vellum Members Posts: 471 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    xxCivicxx wrote: »
    So they're saying he pulled the bb gun out of his waist as he was running away?

Smh ok

Seems fishy. Why would someone knowingly pull a BB gun on someone with a real gun? If it really did go like that though, I can't fault the cops here. Most BB guns now look real.

Because he's 13. They dont understand the world in full at all. They understand enough, but not much. Its the same reason Tamir Rice was walking around the park pointing his bb gun at people that walked by him, unaware how that might seem to a bystander, and the consequence of his actions.

Theyre children lost in a reality of the coolness of violence. I was a child once, who wanted to play with bb guns. My grandmother said no, and made it clear she would destroy me if i did. So we used super soakers, and orange plastic guns in our own backyard.

Now kids is walking around with bb/pellet guns that look like glocks. This cant be real life.

No, more like because it probably didn't ? ' happen.

If the story doesn't make sense, it's probably because it's ? .

I sincerely doubt a 13 year old with a BB gun thought he was gonna have a shootout against cops with real guns, young-minded or otherwise.

Sigh. Im implying that because he was 13, do to his obvious lack of foresight, and awareness of reality, its not far fetched that he may have pulled his gun out on a cop after running from the cops as just a simple response to his fear.

I know you guys understand this. ? tell me to keep it simple stupid, but even if i type 4 paragraphs, its somehow misunderstood.

When i was 13, we were scared of the dark, and use to play a game of who could stay in the woods the longest. A 13 year olds brain, regardless of if he robbed someone with his friends earlier or not, will react in a completely non logical way more than an adult, when put under the pressure of fear.

I shouldnt have to explain this.

Yeah bruh, you should.

Are you insisting that a 13 year old (pretty much High School age) would think, under any circumstance, that a BB gun is going to do something against a real gun ?

That's not the same ? as "staying in the woods the longest". We were all 13 once, ask how many of us thought we could shoot it out with a BB gun.

I just did. I just clarified, that at 13, in a flight or fight situation, your brain isnt going to rationalize that situation anywhere remotely close to how a grown ass man would.

So he might still go for his gun and point it, even if its the dumbest ? to do. How do you not understand this. Did you not graduate elementary school at the very least? You do the most irrational, dumb ? as a teen. This isnt news for a human being.

Youre talking about a kid running from the cops, in flight or fight mode, somehow rationalizing what his gun can do on the fly. People have done dumber ? as adults, and youre arguing a kid cant do this?

• Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tymoney19 wrote: »
    ehhh at the risk of sounding like a ? ......... the bb gun looked real. whole shooting seems reasonable. but we'll find out more.

Assuming the cups are truthful
  • Vellum
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    ? said 'Who cares?' about a child with a BB gun being shot and killed. SMH. This can't be life.

Its the cynic in me. Sorry. I just cant care anymore when people continue to do the same ? over and over. Not saying they were guilty of the crime of robbing someone, and i dont know if he pulled out the gun and pointed at the officer, although i wouldnt be shocked if he did, which is sadder.

Im just tired of the reality that we're seriously still pretending like we dont know the outcome of running from the police, especially with a gun on you. He might still be a kid, but hes conscious enough to be walking around with a bb gun that looks like a real one, and i doubt its just to shoot squirrels.

Not that i dont care about his life. Im just worn out from america, and my community. It feels like an impossible scenario to fix with us. How quickly we dive face first into death in this country is absurd. Shorty murdering ole girl over a man the other day, and couldve killed a child too. Over some ? ? These arent new stories. Theyre just the same ? different day, and its draining.

Even if all that you said is true...that cynicism and you feeling that people keep doing the same stupid ? over and over knowing what the result will be (if that's even what happened) should be negated by you previous commend: He was ? years old. 13 year olds make NOTHING BUT ? decisions. A government official killed a child who had a BB gun.

I get what you're saying, but at the end of the day this can only be rationalized so much.

Yeah, but he didnt know he was 13 years old when he approached them, and a child can still ? an adult. There are thousands of adults in the course of american history that are dead, and can attest (as ghost. lol) to a child intentionally killing them.

Size means nothing anymore, because ? is 28 years old, skinny as big sean, looking like children. So you cant even look at a dude and tell their age. We'll have to wait for the facts, but being 13 means nothing. We already know that, and i dont need to post the stories of young teenagers committing grown ass crimes on here. WE KNOW THIS HAPPENS.

I aint on no ones side. Just pointing out an objective observation of the situation. This could be tamir rice 2.0, with an over zealous cop just killing someone who simply ran from them, or it could be exactly what it is. Its not like it doesnt happen.

You ain't on anyone's side...but every post you've made thus far in this thread has been in some shape, form or fashion rationalizing how the cop was not at fault, how the child was at fault because he's the one who had the BB gun, etc.

Im really not on anyones side, but i could understand how i definitely portrayed that wrong. I'll say this..

1) Evidence. Cop stops to confront armed robbery suspects. Already on alert. They all run. Kid has a bb gun on him that looks like a real gun.

My bias is already going into this like okay, could be a ? up situation, but thats 3 strikes off top. Fit a possible group that robbed someone. Could still be innocent, but then you all ran. Which now makes you seem guilty in a cops eyes, or any human for that matter. You end up dead, and you had a bb gun that looked like a glock on you.

Evidence evidence evidence. If we're not working on an evidence based mind unless it doesnt contradict how you feel about the situation, then what are we even doing.

If it turns out the cop was a ? that shot him in the back, and lied. I'm all for rallying to bury him as deep as we can get him.
  • the dukester
    the dukester Members Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The bar for black people (of all ages) keeps getting lowered.

-Can't play with toy guns

-Can't wear a hoodie

-Can't legally carry a firearm

-Can't sell loose cigarettes

-Can't sell bootleg CD'S

Doing any of the aforementioned will get you popped.

It's like those low-key discriminatory dress codes aimed at black people in clubs that cater to diverse crowds.

-No athletic gear

-No Nike boots, or Times

-No bandanas, or hats

-No T-shirts & jeans

Anything they think black people wear to discourage our presence. An it's replicated in all facets of life in white America.

And not a peep from our tone-deaf "black President."

• R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Let's say the bb gun did look real. We have seen cases where the perp has actually pointed and fired a real gun at police and was taken alive.
  • Vellum
    Options
    bgoat wrote: »

- Are BB guns illegal ?

First point no

It's not to say that Black kids should not use good judgement, or should carry BB guns (thought we should have the right like anyone else).

Straight up. You don't see black cops killing white or black kids. You don't see white cops killing white kids, but you see them killing black kids like it ain't ? to them.

? , the Milwaukee cop that shot Sylville Smith, that lead to riots just a few weeks ago was black. Dude even was a rapper. lmao

The majority of children playing with bb guns regardless of race, arent suspected of armed robbery, and arent running from cops. Theyre just in their backyard, or the woods, shooting at ? .

Dudes acting like its normal to just walk around with a bb gun that looks like a real gun in your waste at 13, and its normal to run from the cops.

As if a white boy aint catch 3, and then 2 while he laid dying on the ground for pretending to have a gun 2 months ago in California.

Stop smoking so much weed yall. Its ? with your brains heavily.
  • Vellum
    Options
    R0mp wrote: »
    Let's say the bb gun did look real. We have seen cases where the perp has actually pointed and fired a real gun at police and was taken alive.

So the ? what. Cops arent robots. Theyre humans with varying human experiences.

ARE YOU GONNA PRETEND THERE ISNT A THREAD RIGHT NOW OF A WHITE COP NOT CHOOSING TO ? A BLACK MAN WHO HAD AN ACTUAL REAL GUN ON HIM!!!???????

If every black male that committed a violent crime was shot instead of arrested, the numbers would be astronomical.

Yall acting like you follow every police shooting in America every day across the country, and clearly just not drooling at the mouth waiting for a black man to get into a situation just so you can confirm your bias.

Its not even like we dont have ground to speak on with police brutality, lies, higher aggression towards, but we'd rather not stick to the facts, but engross ourselves in conspiracy theories, and wild assumptions.