I just listened to Michael Jackson for the first time in the last three years . . .

Options

Comments

• I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i got all of Curtis' ? ..

but i illegally download so. lol

Maannn...my iTunes crashed on me...i went to that ? one day n only had one album on there

I was able to recover a lot of the ? us in old files, but I lost so much ? n it was all outta order i said ? it...id be there for a few weeks tryna get that back

I ain't touch that ? since..broke my heart...digital be on some ?
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think Marvin got the best Voice

Stevie with the deepest catalogue

N Michael with the greatest package....a musician changed tv

But James got the best party jams, idk

James is The ? Father.... That ? in my eyes, is right up there with Beethoven, and all them muthafuckas these cacs ? ride...
    Mike,Prince,Stevie, Marvin, Issac, Bill, George, Bootsie, Jimi, Ronald,Al
    all ate from the tree of the GodFather
  • D0wn
    Options
    i got all of Curtis' ? ..

but i illegally download so. lol

lmao I guess i Was acttually right about your speakers. u better get a tidal subscription, and get this hifi quality in them high end speakers.
  • Rue_Flexington
    Rue_Flexington Members Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? bout to make me bust out my vinyl collection.

• MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im ready to buy a bunch of liquor n snacks run home n throw a ? party wit all this music ? we talkin here

Put some speakers in the window type ? , but the cops would show up in the neighborhood I'm in

Bruh, I jus sit, sip, chill and vibe out to older music often.... BUT I wish I could have partys like my parents did back in the day. I jus don't like a whole bunch of people @ my house. lol

Hell they used to take me to Basement Partys and they'd be there allllllll night to the wee hours of the morning listinin' to that good ol' school ? . Me and the other kids would sneak downstairs and they would let us hang for a few minutes but then would shoo shoo us back upstairs. We would sneak' beer or liquor and food back w/ us. Great times!!

I wanna create those memories for myself and other people, sans the kids! lol
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? bout to make me bust out my vinyl collection.

im gettin mines up!
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I asked my coworker who he thought was better between Stevie and MJ. Mind you everyone is entitled to their opinion MJ is the GOAT but Stevie is the GOAT too. When I tell you this ? was stupid this ? was STUPID!

this ? brought up album sales and said that's how you know who was the best... strike 1

He said comparing the two was like trying to compare Dr. J to Jordan and that nobody in their right mind would ever pick Dr J. strike 2

Then he said you go to Stevie for love songs and MJ got you covered with everything else. strike 3

Mind you this ? is 43 homie way too old for these ? arguments. I was legit heated! I said you don't know what the hell you talking about and walked away.

They say respect your elders but ? that ? ... respectfully nh
  • MallyG
    edited October 2016
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    half of Prince songs sounds like he recorded the ? in a garage during a ? tornado..

Lets talk about it since yall wanna keep bringin this ? up when we talkin about the GOAT!

maybe its just your wack ass speakers... check in the back of ya speakers and you'll see the label "for best results, play wack ? only"

thats funny.. seein as my S Class is equipped (by equipped i mean UPGRADED) wit TOP OF LINE 3D surround sound Burmester speakers that HIGHLIGHTS THE INSTRUMENTATION id think id know what i was talking about?!? u riding around wit a 50K plus sound system?? i got a ? orchestra in my cabin ? .. DONT EVER come for me.

This nikka be killin' me w/ the indirect big boy stuntin'!!

Lmao!
  • MallyG
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    One time for the Jackson fam..
    https://youtu.be/a8SdzwoIcwo

Never in my life have I ever heard a Rebbie Jackson song let alone saw a video!

Nikka u ain't neva heard Centipede until now?!?!

• BenjaminE
    BenjaminE Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Another one...

https://youtu.be/UgGVvUhMJ5Q

I didn't know there was a real video for this song until recently... And it was directed by David Fincher... The version I had always seen was a bunch of badly animated dogs reenacting Smooth Criminal... Had the real video came out when it was supposed to then I think the song woulda been more successful, but MJ was just too real...

Obligatory MJ beat-boxing...

https://youtu.be/EUB29FNyfDI
  • BenjaminE
    BenjaminE Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stranger in Moscow is one of my favorite MJ songs... I think I mentioned it in another thread, but he had a hand in producing music for Sonic 3 and the end credits is basically a digitized version of Stranger in Moscow...

https://youtu.be/pEEMi2j6lYE

https://youtu.be/xh7qU1nhIfg

A dope remix combining the two...

https://youtu.be/yZdiu84GS48
  • ikesmood
    ikesmood Members Posts: 300 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Dude, it depends on what you were listening to.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    edited October 2016
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    I think Marvin got the best Voice

Stevie with the deepest catalogue

N Michael with the greatest package....a musician changed tv

But James got the best party jams, idk

James is The ? Father.... That ? in my eyes, is right up there with Beethoven, and all them muthafuckas these cacs ? ride...
    Mike,Prince,Stevie, Marvin, Issac, Bill, George, Bootsie, Jimi, Ronald,Al
    all ate from the tree of the GodFather

James Brown was a branch off the Jackie Wilson tree
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Man that Mike and Oprah video is goat Mike stunted with the ease
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Michael Jackson made lady in my life, I can't help it, earth song, stranger in Moscow, butterflies, remember the time, who is it, ? Diana, I just can't stop loving you, give in to me, gone too soon, and muthafuckin thriller
    I have no point I'm trying to make
    Just saying he made those and they were the ?
  • MallyG
    Options
    BenjaminE wrote: »
    Stranger in Moscow is one of my favorite MJ songs... I think I mentioned it in another thread, but he had a hand in producing music for Sonic 3 and the end credits is basically a digitized version of Stranger in Moscow...

https://youtu.be/pEEMi2j6lYE

https://youtu.be/xh7qU1nhIfg

A dope remix combining the two...

https://youtu.be/yZdiu84GS48

I was gonna drop this song, but forgot to.

Stranger in Moscow is highly unerrrated!!
  • D0wn
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »

cover-2.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

Initial album cover for Bad... I got that from the documentary Spike Lee made on the 25th anniversary of the album's release

But it was scrapped 'cos I think Mike and his management thought it was kinda fruity..

cough* cough* that Prince influence... cough* cough*

glad he scrapped it... that bad cover with the jacket. one of the best covers of all times.
  • BackInWhite
    Options
    How prince influence a ? that was around a decade before him
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    I dare anyone to dispute the greatness of this ? here. Been my favorite MJ song since I was a kid
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-3JYuv9w4U

The demo version is so smooth too.
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    For those of ya'll that say Stevie only got 2 or 3 classics, ALL of his albums are classics.

He had an album in 1985 called In Square Circle. I remember my pops bought it when it came out. Every song on that album is a banger.

Then he had another album in 2005 called A Time To Love that's also banging from front to back. My brother put me on to that one.

My point is that Stevie has a lot of albums that went under the radar that bang from front to back.

Anyway, here's my top 10 Stevie tracks;

1. Do I Do (Stevie and Dizzy Gillespie!!)
    2. That Girl
    3. Living For The City
    4. Isn't She Lovely
    5. Love Light In Flight
    6. Sir Duke
    7. As
    8. Skeletons
    9. Jungle Fever
    10. Too High

Moon Blue is one of my favorites by Stevie from that A Time 2 Love album.
    Also the duet he did with his daughter, How Will I Know, love that joint.
  • BackInWhite
    Options
    Everyone in this thread including myself should slapped for not one mentioning Ron isley/isley brothers. Sure he was part of a group but he sung 99.8% the lead vocals and he has the longest career of any artist mentioned thus far..

Somebody been ? his ? since footsteps in the dark
    Mr. Biggs ain't ? with the king of pop
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Everyone in this thread including myself should slapped for not one mentioning Ron isley/isley brothers. Sure he was part of a group but he sung 99.8% the lead vocals and he has the longest career of any artist mentioned thus far..

Somebody been ? his ? since footsteps in the dark
    Mr. Biggs ain't ? with the king of pop

Just saying a 50+ year career in music let alone black music ain't nothing to sneeze at. Isley bros in the 70s>>mj in that era (well the early 70s)..one of the few old school artist to have a chart topper in the 2000s..

Mr. Biggs is an R.Kelly character. Don't get ? up. He ain't name him that for nothing. He can still pack an arena in his 70s. He got a catalog deep as if not deeper than Stevie's..