SZA Calls Out TDE For Not Releasing Her Album: "I Actually Quit"

Options

Comments

• LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    qawshun wrote: »
    Smh what's the point of holding her back, no one is doing anything right now, beyonce is touring same with rihanna, teyana is prolly in the studio it's an open lane drop the album. I think these label heads are in a twilight zone

@ the bold, she indie though bruh. Top has said before that he tries to give projects some time to breathe before dropping other stuff. Zay ? just came out last month.

Makes sense for albums in the same genre but she r&b, completely different market.

And she's on a small label. You don't put everything out in a giant cluster.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hopefully she's just frustraTed with the wait. Still time. I wonder if they plan on releasing souls album now then moved sza to next year
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rapmusic wrote: »
    Why can't these people wait? I mean will dhe even sell records?

Nah when you doing feature after feature going hard for everyone else's projects that ? will take a toll.
    She was buzzing crazy over a year ago, so of course she probably feeling some type of way.
    They handling her and especially ab-soul horribly not capitalizing on their buzz imo.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Go figure wrote: »
    They need to go head let her drop nudes

• RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I swear every mth one of their artist complains about the label
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »
    TDE either trolling or they really don't know how to market their artists besides Kendrick and Q

Q was doing the same exact ? not too long ago. Kids are just impatient.
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh what's the point of holding her back, no one is doing anything right now, beyonce is touring same with rihanna, teyana is prolly in the studio it's an open lane drop the album. I think these label heads are in a twilight zone

@ the bold, she indie though bruh. Top has said before that he tries to give projects some time to breathe before dropping other stuff. Zay ? just came out last month.

Makes sense for albums in the same genre but she r&b, completely different market.

You still consider them small ?? With Kendrick on the roster ? Who's lp did they just put out and how is it performing ?? (Real question not sarcasm.)
  • scrapper1
    scrapper1 Members Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Build a buzz.. first..
  • K_Fisher
    K_Fisher Members Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You still consider them small ?? With Kendrick on the roster ? Who's lp did they just put out and how is it performing ?? (Real question not sarcasm.)

? , they're an independent label, yes, they're small. They only have two artists with a major deal, one of which they have to split three ways. You do the math.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TDE as a label really aint ? . Meaning just how its ran. I been hearing SZA's name for a minute so I understand where shes coming from. If your name isnt Kendrick (or Q to a way lesser extent) theres no guarantee your project is coming out. Not a huge fan of TDE but it seems as one point they coulda been dropping projects from all their artists and would have had ? on lock. Its already a given somewhat that they dont trust their fanbase, I remember how upset they got over Kendrick's first week sales.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    TDE either trolling or they really don't know how to market their artists besides Kendrick and Q

It's not about being impatient...it's painfully obvious that the breadwinner is Kendrick and they focus most of the energy/resources on him

Q second

There was a time when all four were getting love
    It took four years for jay rock to release his dud and he got no push
    SZA been touring for years now/did a song with Rihanna and hasn't released an album in 2 years
    No one knows what the ? ah soul is doing
    And they tryna push punch like anyone cares
    TDE ? up
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maybe she just ain't buzzing right now for whatever reason. How is that TDE fault?

Look at someone like Janelle Mone. The last 2-3 years have been the best she's had in her career musically. Now she doing commercials and starring in an upcoming movie. But she been in the game for almost 10 years now, I'm pretty sure she would have like the success to have happened back then when she first signed. But she stayed on her grind and now the fruits of her labor is paying off.
  • ChillaDaKilla
    ChillaDaKilla Members, Banned Users Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SneakDZA wrote: »

It's not about being impatient...it's painfully obvious that the breadwinner is Kendrick and they focus most of the energy/resources on him

Q second

There was a time when all four were getting love
    It took four years for jay rock to release his dud and he got no push
    SZA been touring for years now/did a song with Rihanna and hasn't released an album in 2 years
    No one knows what the ? ah soul is doing
    And they tryna push punch like anyone cares
    TDE ? up

Punch trying to be Birdman now???
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I mean c'mon man. TDE is doing as good as a label can do in 2016. Everybody knows that nobody is aelling records like that right now so it is what it is on that. You guys always talk about buzz, I'm a little out if touch right now so you'll have to help me here. Does SZA have a buzz? Does she even have a song on the radio? I have no problem with dropping albums or whatever but what's the point of dropping an album that's probably going to be forgotten about in 5 months? Wait a little bit, drop a song or two, see what happens. SZA should also try to do some other ? like commercials, tv show appearances, etc.
  • JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People forget that even if you sign to a Label, you still have to move as if you're Independent. Cause they won't do much for you outside of funding and promotions. It's still YOUR job as an Artist to stay in ppl's faces somehow and continue to build your brand on your own
  • L.O.S.T.
    L.O.S.T. Members Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People forget that even if you sign to a Label, you still have to move as if you're Independent. Cause they won't do much for you outside of funding and promotions. It's still YOUR job as an Artist to stay in ppl's faces somehow and continue to build your brand on your own

She tours a lot and has a pretty decent following. I think she's doing her part
  • KingFreeman
    Options
    TDE as a label really aint ? . Meaning just how its ran. I been hearing SZA's name for a minute so I understand where shes coming from. If your name isnt Kendrick (or Q to a way lesser extent) theres no guarantee your project is coming out. Not a huge fan of TDE but it seems as one point they coulda been dropping projects from all their artists and would have had ? on lock. Its already a given somewhat that they dont trust their fanbase, I remember how upset they got over Kendrick's first week sales.

I was doing some research last night on tde. The essential problem for sza and ab-soul is they don't have that interscope, big label backing like kendrick and Q so they not gonna get that same album roll out and promo.
    Tde great at getting their artists in the studio working behind great production and coming out with great music but they have no ability or resources to really push and market their artists albums. To date ab-souls control system and these days have sold around 30k a piece which is kinda crazy considering the quality of the work.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    L.O.S.T. wrote: »

This seems to be going over ppls heads. Nobody wanna look at TDE management sideways because of the illusion that they are "doing good."
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    L.O.S.T. wrote: »

This seems to be going over ppls heads. Nobody wanna look at TDE management sideways because of the illusion that they are "doing good."

So where's the music at? Cuz I ain't heard ? from her other than the hooks she sings for other TDE artist.
  • KingFreeman
    Options
    Sza was buzzing b4 signing with Tde and again after the fact. They're loafting.