1235»

Comments

• Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Babaaa wrote: »
    I'm a huge fan of TDE but Top Dawg been on that ?

And TDE does not do mixtapes.. so SZA can't just drop a mixtape

What?

They all have released an Mixtape or EP

None of them have released a mixtape since 2010, they changed their strategy.. they're not giving away free music

When was the last time a TDE artist put out a free project? and theres a huge difference between a EP and a Mixtape

Damn near everybody considers Cilvia Demo,Habits & Contradictions,Section.80, and Setbacks mixtapes.

Ask anybody what's Kendrick's and Q's first album bet GKMC and Oxymoron come out they mouth.

Habits & Contradictions has sold over 50.000 copies and Section 80 sold over 100.000 copies bruh.. oxymoron and gkmc are their MAJOR LABEL debuts.. thats doesn't mean the projects before them are mixtapes

Cilvia Demo and Setbacks were not free neither.. so whats the point in SZA releasing a "mixtape" if people have to buy it anyway?

So because they put a price tag on em means they ain't mixtapes?

Damn someone should told me, especially in 90's and early 2000's, that all them mixtapes I brought should have been free.
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have never heard of her
    And she got a stan
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not every artist that signs to a record label ends up dropping an album. And I don't just mean in the "birdman bushes" way, or with dre and aftermath. Look at any large label and you'll see plenty of artists that sign and don't release anything
  • Midwest_Journalist
    Midwest_Journalist Members Posts: 321 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can understand where she's coming from ... somewhat. Although she's not super-popular, she does have a following. And how can you create a "Buzz" if you don't drop a full length album with videos? Although I think TDE is one the best labels out right now, I think they're dropping the ball with this - if SZA's Tweet is not a hoax.

And why is it taking a million years to drop a Black Hippy album???????? DROP THE ALBUM!!!! With Kendrick's success, Soul and Jay Rock would become household names overnight !!! Q would be 3x bigger than what he is now !!!!
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Probably interscope saying no
  • DarthRozay
    Options

don't see anything that says she's signed to interscope just TDE. I don't think they have distribution for the whole label
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can understand where she's coming from ... somewhat. Although she's not super-popular, she does have a following. And how can you create a "Buzz" if you don't drop a full length album with videos? Although I think TDE is one the best labels out right now, I think they're dropping the ball with this - if SZA's Tweet is not a hoax.

And why is it taking a million years to drop a Black Hippy album???????? DROP THE ALBUM!!!! With Kendrick's success, Soul and Jay Rock would become household names overnight !!! Q would be 3x bigger than what he is now !!!!

Because THEY refuse to do it. That's not on TDE. Even Top expressed his desires for that to happen.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    DarthRozay wrote: »

don't see anything that says she's signed to interscope just TDE. I don't think they have distribution for the whole label

I'm talking about the BH project
  • DarthRozay
    Options
    DarthRozay wrote: »

I'm talking about the BH project

ohhh. could be a possibility
  • Midwest_Journalist
    Midwest_Journalist Members Posts: 321 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Because THEY refuse to do it. That's not on TDE. Even Top expressed his desires for that to happen.

??? I guess so ??? But ain't Top the OG? He should make it happen. LOL! What's the point of having the group?

It could be an ego thing and I've read where all of them want to be on Kendrick's level before releasing a joint album. But I think it would help increase the popularity of each member. I guess they don't want this to happen in the future ... After the album drops and Black Hippy becomes one of the greatest rap groups of all time, Kendrick walk in the studio like ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48an7GFuUGc

• Babaaa
    Babaaa Members Posts: 476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What?

None of them have released a mixtape since 2010, they changed their strategy.. they're not giving away free music

When was the last time a TDE artist put out a free project? and theres a huge difference between a EP and a Mixtape

Damn near everybody considers Cilvia Demo,Habits & Contradictions,Section.80, and Setbacks mixtapes.

Ask anybody what's Kendrick's and Q's first album bet GKMC and Oxymoron come out they mouth.

Habits & Contradictions has sold over 50.000 copies and Section 80 sold over 100.000 copies bruh.. oxymoron and gkmc are their MAJOR LABEL debuts.. thats doesn't mean the projects before them are mixtapes

Cilvia Demo and Setbacks were not free neither.. so whats the point in SZA releasing a "mixtape" if people have to buy it anyway?

Damn someone should told me, especially in 90's and early 2000's, that all them mixtapes I brought should have been free.

So first those projects were mixtapes 'cause damn near everybody considers them mixtapes, and now its because you bought a few mixtapes in the 90s? Lmao

I'll leave you with this tho:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Dawg_Entertainment_discography
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What?

So first those projects were mixtapes 'cause damn near everybody considers them mixtapes, and now its because you bought a few mixtapes in the 90s? Lmao

I'll leave you with this tho:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Dawg_Entertainment_discography

Whatever you want to call them, fact remains that SZA chick has put out 3 projects in the last 4 years and ain't nobody checking for her like that.
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ppl of this generation just got ? ears in music. If it ain't ? and mushmouth music, the ? won't sell. Blame the A.R.'s who scout wack ? , who then go to the producers and assistant producers that knows the company is declining and are about to jump ? to another label who go to the record execs that binge sniff coke all day and need the money ASAP. I saw this ? coming 7 years ago when I was interning. The lyrics that you hear mainstream reflect the execs more so than the artist so independent labels won't flourish unless we start creating indie radio stations and supporting indie artist. Man, I miss the days when we had Rawkus records and movies like Brown Sugar.