The Official 2016-2017 NBA Thread (NBA Champs Warriors)

Options

Comments

• its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hope Rozier starts, Brad is a borderline basketball genius but I'm not on board with his rotation decisions this series
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    ? always get racial over the internet. lol

I aint even been to Mexico.....? .

Shut the ? up and go crop some tomatoes and avocados ? .

This sounds recycled. You can do better. Keep trying...

I'd say anything online to you or anyone's face so the tough talk is useless.

It's recycled to you cuz you a ? .Don't act like that's not what they do
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tomorrow gonna be Bill russell talk
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? always get racial over the internet. lol

I aint even been to Mexico.....? .

Shut the ? up and go crop some tomatoes and avocados ? .

This sounds recycled. You can do better. Keep trying...

I'd say anything online to you or anyone's face so the tough talk is useless.

It's recycled to you cuz you a ? .Don't act like that's not what they do

No you wouldn't.

And I ain't a ? so it's irrelevant to me. Just another ? talking racist over the internet who wouldn't have time to say it to my face before he got 2 pieced. You must play Xbox online? Lol
  • Maywood
    Maywood Members Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aight Fellas Enough!!!...@Beta based on yesterday's transactions let's get a series started on who's better ? What do you say ?
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    A. 16 ppg 4 rebs 2 apg 40% fg 30% 3's

B. 16 ppg 8 rebs 5 apg 34% fg 23 % from 3's

C. 16 ppg 7 rebs 5 apg 41% fg 23% from 3's

I remember people saying klay thompson was a no show in the '15 finals

2 of these 3 are pippens finals numbers one is klay thompson.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Kareem aint the Goat that's the contrarians crutch.What he is goat at? Greatest scorer? No

He he led the league in scoring twice career high 55 points and that was in his 2nd year in the nba,greatest big No led the league in rebounds once

Won mvp when his team missed the playoffs.Won 6 titles and was 2nd fiddle for 3 of em.Goat what?

Great big, great career model of longevity he aint the greatest sorry.

Lol these lames clickin feelins cuz they can't refute anything I'm sayin.

Part II bout to blam em

Kareem career high in rebounds 19 Jordans career high in rebounds 18(one is a 7 footer the other a 6'6 sg)

Kareem 6 titles 2 finals mvps(magic was the real mvp on the lakers)

kareem was on the lakers 4 years before magic arrived no playoffs,wcf loss,2nd loss,1st round loss

magic arrived and the lakers go to the finals kareem retires lakers go to the finals

Kareem won 6 mvp's...................in the 70's a era full of cokeheads and trash basketball an era where wilt was on the decline and retired,no russell,bill walton injury prone broken down ass was a elite 5 an era that was also watered down by the aba joining the nba

Part III comin soon

You starting ? AGAIN? We had a whole ? topic on this.....in which you were ethered.....repeatedly...by me, mostly.

Yeah, muhfucker.....THAT topic.

Leave it be, man. All you got is Nikes and Wheaties boxes.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »
    Kareem aint the Goat that's the contrarians crutch.What he is goat at? Greatest scorer? No

He he led the league in scoring twice career high 55 points and that was in his 2nd year in the nba,greatest big No led the league in rebounds once

Won mvp when his team missed the playoffs.Won 6 titles and was 2nd fiddle for 3 of em.Goat what?

Part II bout to blam em

Kareem career high in rebounds 19 Jordans career high in rebounds 18(one is a 7 footer the other a 6'6 sg)

kareem was on the lakers 4 years before magic arrived no playoffs,wcf loss,2nd loss,1st round loss

magic arrived and the lakers go to the finals kareem retires lakers go to the finals

Kareem won 6 mvp's...................in the 70's a era full of cokeheads and trash basketball an era where wilt was on the decline and retired,no russell,bill walton injury prone broken down ass was a elite 5 an era that was also watered down by the aba joining the nba

Part III comin soon

You starting ? AGAIN? We had a whole ? topic on this.....in which you were ethered.....repeatedly...by me, mostly.

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/545523/lets-end-the-debate-kareem-abdul-jabbar-vs-michael-jordan#latest

I bodied this one.Unlike you O.G. is old enough to witness kareem and jordan and he said Jordan was the goat.

You only have grainy vhs/youtube footage which is why you run the wheaties/nike angle.I'll take someones word who witnessed both players your opinion is irrelevant.
  • Mister B.
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »

Part II bout to blam em

Part III comin soon

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/545523/lets-end-the-debate-kareem-abdul-jabbar-vs-michael-jordan#latest

I bodied this one. Unlike you O.G. is old enough to witness kareem and jordan and he said Jordan was the goat.

You only have grainy vhs/youtube footage which is why you run the wheaties/nike angle.I'll take someones word who witnessed both players your opinion is irrelevant.

You did? Because I heard ZERO rebuttals to this sonnin right here....
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    ? need to stop using that ring argument in debates too, because i don't see what team accomplishments have to do with individual greatness. Too much ? goes into winning rings that's out of your control.

Co-Sign to the fullest. In Baseball and Football, ring logic is almost never given in any argument. People compare Babe Ruth and Barry Bonds based on their individual greatness. No one is going to sit there and say Hideki Matsui is a better outfielder than Ken Griffey Jr. because he got a ring and was the 09 World Series MVP.

Same with Football. No one in their right mind thinks Trent Dilfer is a better quarterback than Dan Marino, or Roger Craig is a better running back than Barry Sanders because of rings.

I know in basketball, a star can have more of an impact because of small rosters and playing offense and defense on the floor, but it is still a team game. Would anyone like to make the claim that Derek Fisher is a better player than John Stockton because of his 5 rings? Of course not...

But when it comes to Jordan... ESPN loves to tell you that 6 rings and 2 3peats are all that matter... Until you bring up Russell's 11 and his 8peat... Then it's about MVPs... Until you bring up Jabbar having more regular season MVPs... Then it's about scoring and ppg... Until you bring up Chamberlain... Then it's about Finals MVPs...

And don't bother talking about LeBron, because then it goes back to Rings... The narrative in mainstream media always changes to favor Jordan. If Lebron were to get 7 rings, 7 Finals MVPs, and 6 Season MVPs, the narrative would be "But he didn't get 10 scoring titles." If LeBron got those as well, then it would be "Well he never won defensive player of the year!"

And if, by some miracle, LeBron gets all the physical hardware that puts him above Jordan once and for all, Stephen A. would still be ? riding Jordan, saying "Jordan never played a game 7 in the Finals" or "Lebron is 7 for 11 and Michael is 6 for 6," as if getting to the Finals and losing is somehow a discredit and failure on LeBron's part, regardless of ? / under powered teams.

Again, Jordan is Top 5 in my personal list, but I just can't stand how basketball is the only sport that fails to acknowledge the progress and evolution of its game to protect its biggest commercial star of the past.

Jordan has become the Hulk Hogan of the NBA. Yes he was that dude 20 years ago, but because of the money he generates with his branding, no one else is allowed to get over and the new guys are always compared to him negatively.

• Beta
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Maywood wrote: »
    Aight Fellas Enough!!!...@Beta based on yesterday's transactions let's get a series started on who's better ? What do you say ?

You mean transgressions? And idc bout this ? which is why I'll never comment on it. I barely like talking about bron either

Only thing I'm interested in its establishing who the top 5 players are at their position. Today
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man the Finals cant get here soon...? been so wack it got ? arguing ridiculous ?
  • Beta
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Man the Finals cant get here soon...? been so wack it got ? arguing ridiculous ?

Blame the Celtics, IT, and Zaza

There will be plenty of ? moments in here over the next week
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Beta wrote: »

You mean transgressions? And idc bout this ? which is why I'll never comment on it. I barely like talking about bron either

Only thing I'm interested in its establishing who the top 5 players are at their position. Today

Curry
    Harden
    Bron
    Eyebrow (Power Foward)
    Cousins

If you put AD at the 5, then Blake at the 4.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Blame the Celtics, IT, and Zaza

There will be plenty of ? moments in here over the next week

Just catching up that Rodman vs Kyrie ? got is over here rolling
  • Mister B.
    edited May 2017
    Options
    How old are you again?

If you started watching basketball in 1990.....nah. You say nothing.

And you forget that statement came after this:
    Tommy bilfiger wrote: »
    MJ dropped 43 at age 40(oldest ever),dropped 40 points bacc to bacc(oldest ever)Averaged the highest ppg at age 39 and 40 and dropped 51 at age 38(oldest ever).He dominated more than kareem did when he was young and old

6 mvp's in 20 years ? ? I can divide.Jordan got 5 in 10 years.Jordan dominated his era
    Me wrote:
    Don't do that game. You won't win.

You're based how many MVP Kareem won in his whole career to a period when Mike won his? What kind of reasoning is that. Based off your logic, I could say one of two statements:

1) Kareem won six MVPs in a span of ten seasons of his "prime"; 71-72, 74, 76-77, and 80.

or

2) Mike won five MVPs over a span of 17 seasons of his career (this includes taking time out for his "retirements")

I can divide too, ? .

The short view - Prime years
    KAJ - 10 years for 6 MVPs = 1.66 seasons for every award
    MJJ - 10 years for 5 MVP = 2 seasons for every award
    (This is their prime)

overall careers
    KAJ - 20 years for 6 MVPs = 3.33 seasons for every award
    MJJ - 17 years for 5 MVPs = 3.4 seasons

Either way, you lost this round. Math don't lie.

Try again, Spacejammer.
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Yo this ? bilfiger memory is impeccable!
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    Lebron said he's chasing that ghost in chicago.

When it's all said and done lebron will have a case for the goat and the only legit comparison to jordan.

Not kareem sorry,kareem may be the best big of all time tho
    TheBoyRo wrote: »
    Yo this ? bilfiger memory is impeccable!

nah I skimmed the thread to see this so called sonning he claimed he did which never happened and saw that quote.
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jabbar had the GOAT career.
    Russell had the GOAT team.
    Jordan was the GOAT player.
    Lebron is this eras GOAT player.

• O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

When it's all said and done lebron will have a case for the goat and the only legit comparison to jordan.

This. Nobody is saying Lebron can't catch Jordan, Just saying he needs to do some more ? before he can. Until that happens it's not a convo imo.
  • Beta
    Options

Curry
    Harden
    Bron
    Eyebrow (Power Foward)
    Cousins

If you put AD at the 5, then Blake at the 4.

Who's the 4 behind them?
  • Beta
    Options
    Lol @ 5 years old