The Official 2016-2017 NBA Thread (NBA Champs Warriors)

Options

Comments

• NoCanadiansEH
    NoCanadiansEH Members Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I.e tonight ill only watch the raptors game, maybe celtics/cavs just cuz they play hard

all the other ones are trash...

we all know the cavs gonna ? on celtics (with bron playing) ill prob still watch in hopes that
    fucknigga supreme punches bron or does some ridiculous flop but ill turn it off as soon as the blowout starts lol
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    ckfree wrote: »
    http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/ua/stock-chart

under armour stock has lost half its value since the apex of the warriors hype when they were gunning for the 72-10 record

cant tell me that a huge chunk of that isnt due to nike taking UA prized possession and stamping a giant swoosh on it

steph has gone from the face of the nba to a very clear second banana on his own team

even if he is okay with that move i have to think his corporate overlords at UA are going to be telling him he needs to make a move and the bulls to go play for fred hoiberg are the obvious move

Yeah there is a lengthy thread on this on RealGM as well.

And I don't think it's just his pr/endorsement team feeling the shift in a negative way. I think Steph is as well. Now I don't think it's enough for him to be like ? it and murk in FA. Or be outwardly disgruntled but Steph smug and arrogant in his own way.

KD/Steph basically Bron/Kyrie dynamic but Bron Kyrie flows seamlessly because Bron the OG figure where as Kyrie the young gun. Steph and KD same age so him being the 2 after being the man is lowkey ether. Perception a ?
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    Beta wrote: »
    What teams do y'all watch the most outside of your own teams?

i'ma just be real and say i dont watch no other teams outside the pelicans

i'm already strapped for time, so i dont have the time to invest into knowing about other teams players unless they are playing the pelicans

i think its dope that some of ya'll have knowledge of other teams basis and can provide analysis, but uhh...if they aint caaaawin...i aint following

Ahhhh okay I feel sorry that that's the only team you watch. It's like I tell my mom who's a jets fan. You don't even know what real football looks like. Then again it's your team so you enjoying it

i dont have the time brah...lol

thats all

i mean, i watch the "must see" games, but i aint checking for boston on a tuesday night

no diss to axel, but thats just the first team that came to mind

they actually played on tuesday night and I lost a ? ' avi bet to a game Axel didn't even watch

Lol I was gone off hooping and smoking gorilla glue
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Tends to b teams my fantasy players are om
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    Lol I remember saying wall was better at playmaking bruh said what is playmaking, how do u measure that

My ? you don't know ? about basketball, there's no disrespect when I tell you this but just facts

I don't even have to remember that conversation to know you couldn't define playmaking. Name somebody Wall makes better. Beal play better w/o him

Name them in your head though cause like I said I'm not talking about that ? anymore

When you can tell me about Mike Conley game, we can have a convo

? , didn't I tell u u not allowed to complain, what do u ever say besides trading lillard, ? riding KD, or calling folks pg that don't play the position, u have no knowledge and have never said anything of substance so u not allowed to complain n I ain't gon tell yo ? NO MO.

j0ubvxkusf9c.jpg

Take yo ass elsewhere if folks not talking enough ball to school u. ? make u think I want a convo with s2j offspring
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BDBIID wrote: »
    ckfree wrote: »
    http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/ua/stock-chart

under armour stock has lost half its value since the apex of the warriors hype when they were gunning for the 72-10 record

cant tell me that a huge chunk of that isnt due to nike taking UA prized possession and stamping a giant swoosh on it

steph has gone from the face of the nba to a very clear second banana on his own team

even if he is okay with that move i have to think his corporate overlords at UA are going to be telling him he needs to make a move and the bulls to go play for fred hoiberg are the obvious move

Yeah there is a lengthy thread on this on RealGM as well.

And I don't think it's just his pr/endorsement team feeling the shift in a negative way. I think Steph is as well. Now I don't think it's enough for him to be like ? it and murk in FA. Or be outwardly disgruntled but Steph smug and arrogant in his own way.

KD/Steph basically Bron/Kyrie dynamic but Bron Kyrie flows seamlessly because Bron the OG figure where as Kyrie the young gun. Steph and KD same age so him being the 2 after being the man is lowkey ether. Perception a ?

perception is a mfer cause i just looked up their shot attempts

kd 17.1
    steph 16.8

curry isnt exactly playing second fiddle

he and kd are essentially taking the same amount of shots

curry flat out just isnt shooting as good as he did last year

if he did then he would be leading the team in scoring

weve honestly seen the last 2 years that steph cant carry them past cleveland -- he hasnt played great -- kd would 'seem' to be the guy -- the year they won it iggy and others carried the load -- no shame in that if come june kd is option 1a and steph is 1b -- probably how it should be due to matchups and kd getting easier buckets

we'll see how it all play out
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »
    media narratives are a trip

last year warriors were 10-1 vs the top 3 squads record wise
    this year the warriors are 0-3 vs the top 3 teams in the league (cavs, spurs, rockets)

last night vs the raptors they blew a 17 point lead
    xmas day they blew a 14 point lead

the only constant is the Lake show giving them the L's HA!!

anyway, last year who was the team who led the lead in 4th qtr collapses all season with over 10?? the Thunder ...led by MVP KD

and now KD is the best player on GS this season!!

but but Russ hold him back! at some point it's a YOU problem!!

KD drop 36 and 15 but didn't make a shot last 5 min of xmas day game !! we gon see if things change in the finals !!

The media choose Durant and scapegoated Westbrook every chance the got. Skip Bayless is to blame as well. I remember Tony Allen and Shawn Marion big boying him and pushing him to the 3 point line years ago. Everyone ignored it. Blamed harden for the finals loss like Durant wasn't bullshitting too. He a 7ft 2 guard who scared of contact.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options

Tends to b teams my fantasy players are om

And the teams of my favorite mediocre players
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like watching the young bigs play,Towns, Porzingis, Embiid, Jokic ect

i like watching them play....

against the pels

Got some knickerbocker snacks on the menu for friday

CAAAAAAAAWWW!!!
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like watching the young bigs play,Towns, Porzingis, Embiid, Jokic ect

i like watching them play....

against the pels

Got some knickerbocker snacks on the menu for friday

CAAAAAAAAWWW!!!

Iv95mi1_zps1vedbgrz.jpg
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    those OG CB34's STILL dope af
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hated Horry in that series lol
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For me

Wizards
    Kings
    Mavs

Why is this funny?
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    I don't believe in rigged, but that suns series n kings in 02 are examples of teams gettin ? imo
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good litmus test game tonight against the cavs it's gonna be tough but hopefully IT goes off lls
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The pistons have been stinking it up. I haven't been watching them play since I'm living in ATL. I had a feelong this player was the cause and its true. Reggie Jackson is a cancer in the locker room and on the floor.

The losing started when he came back. I've read 2 articles about reggie jackson and the beef with his teammates.

They even uploaded a video when a play wasn't called for him and he jogged to the corner and just stood there. We were playing much better with ish smith
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @aneed123 umm side note
    Harden was to blame for that finals loss!! KD did his thing...Harden was Andre Roberson lvl of trash in the 2012 finals !!
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »
    The pistons have been stinking it up. I haven't been watching them play since I'm living in ATL. I had a feelong this player was the cause and its true. Reggie Jackson is a cancer in the locker room and on the floor.

The losing started when he came back. I've read 2 articles about reggie jackson and the beef with his teammates.

They even uploaded a video when a play wasn't called for him and he jogged to the corner and just stood there. We were playing much better with ish smith

Which articles
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »

Which articles

http://www.si.com/nba/2016/12/29/pistons-reggie-jackson-thunder-andre-drummond-stan-van-gundy

I cant find the zach lowe article on espn.com
  • aneed123
    Options
    I don't believe in rigged, but that suns series n kings in 02 are examples of teams gettin ? imo

Portland 2000
  • aneed123
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »
    @aneed123 umm side note
    Harden was to blame for that finals loss!! KD did his thing...Harden was Andre Roberson lvl of trash in the 2012 finals !!

No... kd gave up in game 6... Russ had 40 KD floating at the 3point line content