The Official 2016-2017 NBA Thread (NBA Champs Warriors)

Options

Comments

• Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    I know I'm late but the way I see it 80% of the Thunder s roster could not be in the league next season and no one would notice....Stress brook got a real D League squad ....for them to be in playoff contention in the west....he deserves MVP thus far

Name those players

Taj Gibson
    Steven Adams
    Enes Kanter
    Victor Oladipo
    Doug McDermott
    Jerami Grant
    Sabonis(the rookie was a steal before the season for OKC according to all)
    Roberson was good enough to start on a WCF finals team and for KD to have should have come back

That's close to 70% of the active roster right there

Where you going find 80 ? Find a comparable case for Russ getting MVP.

Charles went on a rant about how Russ doing too much the other night and all them dudes could keep talking about is the numbers

The game about putting up cute numbers or winning

Y'all hate AI but love Russ

Oh okay, you handled it before I could lol
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    charles had a point the other day on stressbrook but he said it wrong imo, its his decision making and sometimes shot taking, more so than tryin for triple doubles although he does that sometimes too.

n shaq dem kept bringing up numbers, like they cant see he be forcin that ? sometimes.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Celtics about to lose 5 out of the last 8 games while horford sits out from hurting himself blocking a shot.

Celtics boxscores been looking like pelicans boxscores the last few weeks with only 2-3 players playing well and everybody else garbage.

If IT don't score 28 points at least, chances are its gonna be a fight to win. Shoutout to ainge for not doing ?

Celtics get to play the warriors tomorrow :3
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I know I'm late but the way I see it 80% of the Thunder s roster could not be in the league next season and no one would notice....Stress brook got a real D League squad ....for them to be in playoff contention in the west....he deserves MVP thus far

Your greatly exaggerating how bad the rest of OKC is outside of westbrook

If he gets injured they dead last in the West....
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shout out to Kahwi
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Celtics about to lose 5 out of the last 8 games while horford sits out from hurting himself blocking a shot.

Celtics boxscores been looking like pelicans boxscores the last few weeks with only 2-3 players playing well and everybody else garbage.

If IT don't score 28 points at least, chances are its gonna be a fight to win. Shoutout to ainge for not doing ?

Celtics get to play the warriors tomorrow :3

I was bout to get at you for that sneak diss about the pels, but I ain't got the caw in me to do it.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is it ok to admit LeBron ain't the best player in the league anymore or we gotta hold that facade a lil longer
  • OhioState1987
    OhioState1987 Members Posts: 598 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is it ok to admit LeBron ain't the best player in the league anymore or we gotta hold that facade a lil longer

6vuv6vrd5l8e.jpg

Who Better ? please explain
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Bu but but we beat the warriors!!" - rockets fans

SO WHAT

Bulls 3-0 vs the cavs this season 5-1 vs lebron the last 2 seasons and I guarantee you the bulls won't win a playoff series.

These ? wanna poke the bear then cry FOH 'bu but but you didn't say nothin about the bulls or the clippers losing' is the goal to beat the clippers or win the west? Cryin obligatory cosignin ass ?

You wanna switch narratives when you were the one biggin em up before the season started. Now they flopping you run to the next team. Like I said you only poke ya head out when the rockets lose. Its the only chance you get to say something cause you been wrong all season.

Chris Paul and Blake got injured and paul got injured twice.I said IF the clippers stayed healthy, the injuries derailed their season and seeding (still think if the spurs get the 1 seed the clippers have a shot vs them if they beat the jazz)they didn't and because of the clippers injuries your pretender team is the 3 seed and they'll get exposed.I bet I won't be wrong about that

Rockets had Beverley and Capela out for extended time and still maintained top 3 in the west. You keep making excuses for those lame ass ? . They'll get exposed too then youll be back to moving goalposts.

wt93ic.jpg

this dude just compared losing 2 role players to two star players
    "Bu but but we beat the warriors!!" - rockets fans

SO WHAT

Bulls 3-0 vs the cavs this season 5-1 vs lebron the last 2 seasons and I guarantee you the bulls won't win a playoff series.

These ? wanna poke the bear then cry FOH 'bu but but you didn't say nothin about the bulls or the clippers losing' is the goal to beat the clippers or win the west? Cryin obligatory cosignin ass ?

You wanna switch narratives when you were the one biggin em up before the season started. Now they flopping you run to the next team. Like I said you only poke ya head out when the rockets lose. Its the only chance you get to say something cause you been wrong all season.

Chris Paul and Blake got injured and paul got injured twice.I said IF the clippers stayed healthy, the injuries derailed their season and seeding (still think if the spurs get the 1 seed the clippers have a shot vs them if they beat the jazz)they didn't and because of the clippers injuries your pretender team is the 3 seed and they'll get exposed.I bet I won't be wrong about that

Rockets had Beverley and Capela out for extended time and still maintained top 3 in the west. You keep making excuses for those lame ass ? . They'll get exposed too then youll be back to moving goalposts.

How the ? do your compared Beverley/capela to cp3 and Blake smfh

When did I say that? They arent as good as those 2 but theyre just as vital to the rockets success.

You keep saying the samething but go on to say your not, IDC how vital they maybe losing them ain't no where near losing a hof PG and a top 5 pf

Capela and Beverley ain't even in the top 30 at their position you comparing them to two top 10 players you buggin

Blake and paul werent even out at the same time. When one is out the other one supposed to pick up the slack right? Excuses excuses

But im done. We'll revisit this in april/may

Yes they were blake was out with the knee injury for 5-6 weeks.Then paul injured his hamstring(both out 7 games) they went on a 6 game losing streak.Paul returns they went on a 7 game winning streak then paul injured his thumb and both were out again then blake returned right before the all star break paul returned a little more than a week ago.Y'all inferiority complex about the clippers hilarious
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First thing I saw when I turned on the replay of last nights game was a miscommunication on defense and an easy wide open dunk for Blake...but anyone can put up 14 and 6 we don't need Al he's been disappointing all year he's washed
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Clippers on TV again tonight!? They've been getting treated on national television for like the past week and a half though so I expect the Celtics to keep that trend going

2je8tch.jpg

Rough night for this guy.Duke said this like the rockets didn't blow a 17 point lead at home vs the pacers on national tv last week.
    Only on the cheapseats can you talk crazy and then when someone responds they're sensitive or catching feelings lol

You still hasn't figured out we just bring up the Clippers just to mock your allegiance to that wack ass team....how can I get mad over a team/player that has never got out the second round? But you seriously stay jocking the Rockets

I commend you though for your loyalty to Cliff and for going down with a sinking ship

Only in cheap seats can you consistently throw ? shots then cry and play the victim role when someone claps back.

Bruh you a rockets fan you act like these pretenders are the model of excellence.This aint the spurs, rockets the only texas nba team who aint won jack this millennium.Last time the rockets won bone thugs debut album was poppin duke and you were 7-8 years old.Since then 9 1st round exits,two 2nd round exits,2 conference finals appearances(one was a fluke) and 8 missed playoffs.Look in the mirror money cuz you have an allegiance to a wack ass pretender team who won't win a championship no time soon.

Chris Paul one of my favorite players ever if y'all don't like him so? You can take your rage out on chris paul all u want.I'm not y'all I don't give a ? what you ? say/think.

Bruh the last time the Bulls won was 1998 so what are you really saying?

I've never once said the Rockets were going to win the championship, I had them projected to be fifth in the West and we've exceeded those expectations, idk what you want me to say.....I know we're not perfect but I'm not going to act like we don't have one of the best records in basketball either.

But I get it though, you want everybody else to be miserable about their team like you like are when it comes to the Bulls and thats not going to happen

You want to hold up a mirror? Okay let's talk about the present and not what happened in the past.....

The Bulls have absolutely nothing but Jimmy Butler whos already about to be 28......Ya'll have yalls picks but besides Jimmy yall don't have a history of drafting well or doing good in well in free agency(Pau Gasol, Wade, Rondo lolololol).....IF the Bulls even hit on their draft picks they wont be ready for 2-3 years.....Bulls won't have any cap space next season because they have over 50 mil tied up in Rondo, Wade and Lopez lololololol.....yall traded two first round picks for Doug McDermott only to trade him, Taj and a 2nd round pick for Cam Payne lolololololol.....You have one of the worst front offices in basketball, ? franchise trying to rebuild on the fly and blow the team up at the same time lol

Have fun marinating in NBA purgatory but please tell me about how the Bulls are going to bring Anthony Davis home in 2021 lol
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First thing I saw when I turned on the replay of last nights game was a miscommunication on defense and an easy wide open dunk for Blake...but anyone can put up 14 and 6 we don't need Al he's been disappointing all year he's washed

What john b finally critical of al horford. Hell must be freezing over
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »

What john b finally critical of al horford. Hell must be freezing over

He didn't play, he didn't play the last two games
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    And the night before we just let Bledsoe walk right in for the easy layup that tied it up
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BDBIID wrote: »

yikes!!

he better be happy Dirk coming back for another year, he woulda been opening act @ HOF all over again anyway

• its....JOHN B
    Options
    ? they do a tribute to Pierce last night for anyway? No sense
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    my supervisor delusional af when it comes to the lakers

im bout to play the Pitino game wit him to see how mad i can make him
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

LeBron is still the best player in the league.

The disparity isn't as big as it once was though. Guys like KD, Westbrook, and AD are in the rear view mirror imo.

None of them can carry a team quite like LeBron can though I can see LeBron losing a step here in the next 2 seasons or so though that athleticism is already starting to fade ever so slightly. I still don't think he'll completely fall off just yet though.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Clippers on TV again tonight!? They've been getting treated on national television for like the past week and a half though so I expect the Celtics to keep that trend going

2je8tch.jpg

Rough night for this guy.Duke said this like the rockets didn't blow a 17 point lead at home vs the pacers on national tv last week.
    Only on the cheapseats can you talk crazy and then when someone responds they're sensitive or catching feelings lol

You still hasn't figured out we just bring up the Clippers just to mock your allegiance to that wack ass team....how can I get mad over a team/player that has never got out the second round? But you seriously stay jocking the Rockets

I commend you though for your loyalty to Cliff and for going down with a sinking ship

Only in cheap seats can you consistently throw ? shots then cry and play the victim role when someone claps back.

Bruh you a rockets fan you act like these pretenders are the model of excellence.This aint the spurs, rockets the only texas nba team who aint won jack this millennium.Last time the rockets won bone thugs debut album was poppin duke and you were 7-8 years old.Since then 9 1st round exits,two 2nd round exits,2 conference finals appearances(one was a fluke) and 8 missed playoffs.Look in the mirror money cuz you have an allegiance to a wack ass pretender team who won't win a championship no time soon.

Chris Paul one of my favorite players ever if y'all don't like him so? You can take your rage out on chris paul all u want.I'm not y'all I don't give a ? what you ? say/think.

Bruh the last time the Bulls won was 1998 so what are you really saying?

I've never once said the Rockets were going to win the championship, I had them projected to be fifth in the West and we've exceeded those expectations, idk what you want me to say.....I know we're not perfect but I'm not going to act like we don't have one of the best records in basketball either.

But I get it though, you want everybody else to be miserable about their team like you like are when it comes to the Bulls and thats not going to happen

You want to hold up a mirror? Okay let's talk about the present and not what happened in the past.....

The Bulls have absolutely nothing but Jimmy Butler whos already about to be 28......Ya'll have yalls picks but besides Jimmy yall don't have a history of drafting well or doing good in well in free agency(Pau Gasol, Wade, Rondo lolololol).....IF the Bulls even hit on their draft picks they wont be ready for 2-3 years.....Bulls won't have any cap space next season because they have over 50 mil tied up in Rondo, Wade and Lopez lololololol.....yall traded two first round picks for Doug McDermott only to trade him, Taj and a 2nd round pick for Cam Payne lolololololol.....You have one of the worst front offices in basketball, ? franchise trying to rebuild on the fly and blow the team up at the same time lol

Have fun marinating in NBA purgatory but please tell me about how the Bulls are going to bring Anthony Davis home in 2021 lol

I have several posts saying I want the bulls to blow it up been sayin it since draft day what exactly am I miserable about

You clearly don't know how to read a salary cap.Rondos contract is partially guaranteed and if wade opts out the bulls will have 50 mil in cap space.But that's irrelevant cuz most fa's on the market suck I don't wanna see them signing one dimensional bums like ryan anderson to no 80 million dollar contracts then be stuck with a roster that will not make the finals let alone win the title.

Pau made 7 mil a year and gave the bulls 2 all star seasons.Lol @ that being a bad free agent signing.

As terribly constructed as the bulls roster is they are 7-1 vs the c's,cavs and raptors(they own the fraud raptors that you love to dickride 11 straight wins vs those rocket east pretenders) beat every top 4 east team(damn near beat the wizards again without jimmy and wade) beat the jazz,thunder,grizz(all on the road)warriors,spurs and will give anyone in the east besides the cavs a tough out.Team mad average and still can beat the best in the league if the fo actually wanted to build around jimmy(they really don't and will probably trade him this off season) and put better pieces around him the bulls would be a top 4 east team they suck vs the bad/average teams in the nba.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    edited March 2017
    Options

Nah crawford went ham in the 3rd/4th.He was pullin up on some curry ? for real.Clippers bench put the game outta reach they went on a 42-14 run they were causing turnovers then taking off on fast breaks converting.That's what lost boston the game.