Public Enemy Chuck D Says LL Cool J Should Get Into The Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame Before Tupac

Options

Comments

• CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aye..
    Tell Chuck D ? his feelings..

Thug Life!
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    N YO HOOD wrote: »
    Pac has been dead 10 years and still gets mentioned almost daily on this site when was the last time LL was ever brought up

First of all, Pac has been dead 20 years.

Second of all, the reason people don't talk about LL Cool J on this website is because of the generation gap. Most of the posters on the IC don't remember when LL was in his prime. I remember the late 80s. LL was the biggest rap star at the time. He was going double platinum when Public Enemy and KRS One were struggling to go gold.

Grandmaster Flash and the Furious 5 hardly ever get mentioned on the IC but you wouldn't induct 2Pac before Grandmaster Flash.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We judging rappers getting into the hall of fame based off if they're brought up on the ic or not? Wow
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pac touched alot of lives across the world .
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    I'm the biggest Tupac fan ever but he right. Run dmc then ll should a been right after. His 80s and 90s impact came before Tupac. But pacs death threw off the most chronological order.
    JJ_Evans wrote: »
    Besides @_Goldie_ , I may be the biggest Pac supporter in the IC.

With that said, it is criminal the way LL Cool J has been erased from the archives as one of the GOATs. His pen game, catalog, and longevity should have him (arguably) in everybody's top 10 or possibly top 5. The guy was a beast with it and should have already gone into the HOF alongside Run DMC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-Xao6Inq5E
    I'm a Pac fan as well but def think LL should've went before PAC.
    Traitors to the cause. All of you.

Tupac is the most important individual to Hip hop outside of DJ Kool Herc.
  • Ether44mag
    Ether44mag Members Posts: 890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Pac has been dead 10 years and still gets mentioned almost daily on this site when was the last time LL was ever brought up

you dont get it do you ? first off nobody is saying that Pac deserves it less or that LL is better than Pac , but take away the fact that 2pac is dead ,LL has a much bigger impact on the culture of hip hop than 2pac for what he did in the early stages of the culture ,LL was one of the main reasons why Pac could eat ,LL and Run Dmc put Rap on the Map ,and LL was the first thug aggressive Rapper who also catered to the ladies .LL could talk to the ladies and still rip your ? head off in a battle !

Im a fan of LL...but Pac is the greatest rapper of all time...

This is like saying dr. J should get into the hof before jordan...you can talk yourself into it...but u know it aint right

Absolutely Dr.J should get in before Jordan ! dr.J WAS Basketball for for a decade and LITERALLY SAVED the Nba from being extinct Jordan is alot better than him as a basketball player but Impact wise Him ,MJ ,Bird and Magic are very close ,there is no jordan without Dr.J ....and David Thompson lol

that would be like sayin Dj kool Herc should not get into a Hip Hop hall of fame before Kid Capri... being the first to have a big impact is important ,you should get in before those who came after you even if they are "better"
  • lethal5
    lethal5 Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ether44mag wrote: »

you dont get it do you ? first off nobody is saying that Pac deserves it less or that LL is better than Pac , but take away the fact that 2pac is dead ,LL has a much bigger impact on the culture of hip hop than 2pac for what he did in the early stages of the culture ,LL was one of the main reasons why Pac could eat ,LL and Run Dmc put Rap on the Map ,and LL was the first thug aggressive Rapper who also catered to the ladies .LL could talk to the ladies and still rip your ? head off in a battle !

This is like saying dr. J should get into the hof before jordan...you can talk yourself into it...but u know it aint right

Absolutely Dr.J should get in before Jordan ! dr.J WAS Basketball for for a decade and LITERALLY SAVED the Nba from being extinct Jordan is alot better than him as a basketball player but Impact wise Him ,MJ ,Bird and Magic are very close ,there is no jordan without Dr.J ....and David Thompson lol

that would be like sayin Dj kool Herc should not get into a Hip Hop hall of fame before Kid Capri... being the first to have a big impact is important ,you should get in before those who came after you even if they are "better"

I didn't know whether to give that post a GOAT or an Ether....well said bruh
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options

Obviously Dr.J should AND DID get into the HOF before Jordan. You sound stupid.

And Pac ain't even close to the greatest. He just died in his prime, that's it! LL in his prime would have rapped circles around Pac. ? yourself for falling for their little media push where dead rappers are placed ahead of rappers who are still alive, knowing damn well you would be referring to Pac as an old washed ? or a rapper turned actor if he was still alive.
  • CapitalB
    Options
    they studyin LL's bars in Universities!!?

oh.. okay then..
  • lethal5
    Options
    Look at the handshake, even Pac look like he paying homage to Chuck D in this pic......sheeeeeeeeeit even Pac woulda probably agreed with Chuck on this topic

chuck-d-tupac2.jpg
  • Ilike2get baked
    Ilike2get baked Members Posts: 879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meh...don't really give a ? about the rock n roll hof...they been on that ? just like the oscars and Grammys, etc. At the end of the day, ll is an ICON who's been getting entertainment money for the last 25+ years. This ? ll been certified and wealthy for quite sometime. He don't need this ? to validate his musical legacy imo.
  • lethal5
    Options

I havent seen Russell Simmons name brought up here much in the last 10 years.....so I guess by your logic he didnt have a big impact on Hiphop either?

*I wish ? weren't proud of saying stupid ? .
  • lethal5
    Options
    aye..

Wow,

Chuck was like the Malcolm X of hiphop, and you actually had the audacity to go there?

*This is why Black folk aint got ? , too many of use are cool with being our own worst enemy.
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    I can agree. A lot of rappers want to be like Pac, but a lot of rappers from Pac's day wanted to be LL Cool J

Nobody wants to be pac anymore
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • CapitalB
    Options
    lethal5 wrote: »
    aye..

Wow,

Chuck was like the Malcolm X of hiphop, and you actually had the audacity to go there?

*This is why Black folk aint got ? , too many of use are cool with being our own worst enemy.

i bet THE Malcolm X wouldve ? wit Pac's music and message over LL's so ur point again??..
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree but pac's name carries more weight in them circles...dudes be looking at LL as an actor n rapper who Made songs for the girls...ironically pac did both
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chuck never said pac shouldn't get in. mainly It's just that ll been passed over which he shouldn't have been. Ll was nominated before and he didn't get in which I'm sure even pac fans can agree that makes no sense. That's why it's best that we get our own hip hop hall of fame.
  • lethal5
    Options
    aye..

Wow,

i bet THE Malcolm X wouldve ? wit Pac's music and message over LL's so ur point again??..

My point being that Chuck has a good case for LL entering the Hall b4 Pac. What that gotta do with U stating Malcolm would mess with Pacs music more?

It means my point COMPLETELY went over your head.

*And for the record, Chuck NEVER glorified gangsta ? , ? ? or being a thug (which equals genocide), so Malcolm woulda ? with Chuck D more.

-NICE TRY THOUGH ?
  • CapitalB
    Options
    aye..

Wow,

My point being that Chuck has a good case for LL entering the Hall b4 Pac. What that gotta do with U stating Malcolm would mess with Pacs music more?

*And for the record, Chuck NEVER glorified gangsta ? , ? ? or being a thug (which equals genocide), so Malcolm woulda ? with Chuck D more.

-NICE TRY THOUGH ?

we talkin about LLs music or Chuck D's!!?
    and maybe u should go read the Autobiography of Malcolm X.. i did twice.. its one of my favorites..

obviously u havent cause if u did u wouldnt have uttered the ? u did wit the bold u ? idiot..

now..

get out YO feelings!
  • CapitalB
    Options
    here u go @lethal5 cause i know ur not gonna go read it..

"And because I had been a hustler, I knew better than all whites knew, and better than nearly all of the black 'leaders' knew, that actually the most dangerous black man in America was the ghetto hustler. Why do I say this? The hustler, out there in the ghetto jungles, has less respect for the ? structure than any other ? in North America. The ghetto hustler is internally restrained by nothing. He has no religion, no concept of morality, no civic responsibility, no fear--nothing. To survive, he is out there constantly preying upon others, probing for any human weakness like a ferret. The ghetto hustler is forever frustrated, restless, and anxious for some 'action'. Whatever he undertakes, he commits himself to it fully, absolutely. What makes the ghetto hustler yet more dangerous is his 'glamour' image to the school-dropout youth in the ghetto.These ghetto teen-agers see the hell caught by their parents struggling to get somewhere, or see that they have given up struggling in the prejudiced, intolerant white man’s world. The ghetto teen-agers make up their own minds they would rather be like the hustlers whom they see dressed ‘sharp’ and flashing money and displaying no respect for anybody or anything. So the ghetto youth become attracted to the hustler worlds of dope, thievery, prostitution, and general crime and immorality."

-Malcolm X

• CapitalB
    Options
    here u go @lethal5 cause i know ur not gonna go read it..

"And because I had been a hustler, I knew better than all whites knew, and better than nearly all of the black 'leaders' knew, that actually the most dangerous black man in America was the ghetto hustler. Why do I say this? The hustler, out there in the ghetto jungles, has less respect for the ? structure than any other ? in North America. The ghetto hustler is internally restrained by nothing. He has no religion, no concept of morality, no civic responsibility, no fear--nothing. To survive, he is out there constantly preying upon others, probing for any human weakness like a ferret. The ghetto hustler is forever frustrated, restless, and anxious for some 'action'. Whatever he undertakes, he commits himself to it fully, absolutely. What makes the ghetto hustler yet more dangerous is his 'glamour' image to the school-dropout youth in the ghetto.These ghetto teen-agers see the hell caught by their parents struggling to get somewhere, or see that they have given up struggling in the prejudiced, intolerant white man’s world. The ghetto teen-agers make up their own minds they would rather be like the hustlers whom they see dressed ‘sharp’ and flashing money and displaying no respect for anybody or anything. So the ghetto youth become attracted to the hustler worlds of dope, thievery, prostitution, and general crime and immorality."

-Malcolm X

sounds to me he ? wit Pac. lmmfao
  • lethal5
    Options
    aye..

Wow,

-NICE TRY THOUGH ?

and maybe u should go read the Autobiography of Malcolm X.. i did twice.. its one of my favorites..

obviously u havent cause if u did u wouldnt have uttered the ? u did wit the bold u ? idiot..

now..

get out YO feelings!

I have it on the coffee table.....Your point is what ?

...Malcolm Little ? wit thug ? , Malcom X the man he grew into and we all loved, tried to steer is people away from that ? ...so I hope thats not your point?
  • CapitalB
    Options
    aye..

Wow,

-NICE TRY THOUGH ?

now..

get out YO feelings!

I have it on the coffee table.....Your point is what ?

...Malcolm Little ? wit thug ? , Malcom X the man he grew into and we all loved, tried to steer is people away from that ? ...so I hope thats not your point?

maybe u should ACTUALLY read it instead of jus havin it sittin there tryin to appear as if ur down..

clown.

yo first ? up was commin at me..
    ur second was tryin to use Malcolm in ur argument..

u was better off usin King or some ? ..
    least then id know off the back u was a ? ? ..