Official Drake - "More Life" Playlist Discussion (3.18)

Options

Comments

• lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didn't like it after initial listen
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Laaaaaawd that KMT beat though...

Drake did aight but they essentially wasted a beat. That joint bang

The flow he used on there was annoying as ? . I just shut both of them ? out and bang the instrumental.
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gemini86 wrote: »

Yea but I take off after Drake stops rapping. Dude is trash and it makes me cringe when I hear them. UK people shouldn't rap

Bruh, I kid you not, I didn't hear a single word that ? said with all the whispering he was doing.

He should've put young thug on that song. I could tolerate that
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yea but I take off after Drake stops rapping. Dude is trash and it makes me cringe when I hear them. UK people shouldn't rap

Bruh, I kid you not, I didn't hear a single word that ? said with all the whispering he was doing.

He should've put young thug on that song. I could tolerate that

After hearing Thug on that new Ross, I agree.
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Batman, da-na-na-da-na

Top 5 funniest line ever but

giphy.gif

lol which track was that
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    The standout tracks on Views are better than the ones on More Life.

From top to bottom it's just ok. Drake's production is always good but dude ain't talking about a damn thing.
    Tired of hearing about his competition, who hates him and how much he is supposedly better than everyone else. Even the "love" songs don't hit like they used to and that's one of his strengths.

Drake was always someone who was considered deep because he let his fans into his life. And he might still be that guy but its really not much to talk about.
    As far as I'm concerned, he's making the same songs sprinkled with a new flow and good to great production. That's cool but it gets old when you realize you've been packaged the same album for the last few years.
    Right now Drake is essentially the rap version of Madden.

I'll keep a couple tracks, like i always do, but 22 songs makes for a long ass album when you don't have much to say outside the usual. He'll get his usual accolades, high charting hits, stans and haters fighting though.

3/5
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KamPushMe wrote: »
    Batman, da-na-na-da-na

Top 5 funniest line ever but

giphy.gif

lol which track was that

KMT, the last line by Giggs.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Them ? sounds like throwaways.....Passion fruit sounds like the first draft of just hold on we are going home
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options
    But this ? bout 5/22....
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    The RAP songs on here are good.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    That's the Kanye West I miss :(

That Kanye West track was TRASH
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options
    ? in here acting like Trump supporters lol
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    It's got some bangers on there.

They had to be listening to this beat when they wrote Free Smoke
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mpCVHChcVc
    ...and another triple six song I forget the name of. Free smoke beat is like a combination of the 2.
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I prefer th find your love songs and one dance drake compared to the rapping especially after he was expose as a ghost writer . Just isn't the same listening to him without trying to figure out if a certain song was ghost written for him, . I just think his non rap songs are really good

This..

I don't like most of the singing ? but I really don't like his rapping,
    The song he dropped not too long ago with Future ''Use to this'' is my ? ,
    I like drake singing at the beginning of his verse but when he start rapping
    it seem like it ? up the momentum of the song..
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall ? need to accept that Briggas are on the come up.

UK stand up.

:joy:
  • mosincredible
    mosincredible Members Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

...and another triple six song I forget the name of. Free smoke beat is like a combination of the 2.

Nope. This

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CrIhnkB8PE
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    Question why is it whenever Meek says something about Drake we tell him to move on and get over it but Drake talks about Meek non stop on his projects and ? don't be on his head about dragging this thing on???? This is starting to sound like that ? that won one fight his whole life so now he wanna keep picking on the same ? over and over becuz he know he can beat him ? is starting to sound weak at this point

What are you talking about? People been saying Drake has gone past the point of victory with the Meek situation all the damn time.

A few have but majority really don't mind him going at Meek whenever he does but as soon as Meek say anything everybody says Meek need to just leave it alone.... It really do be a double standard

Idk what ? you read or pay attention to but it's more people now that say and have been saying after the Back to Back performance at OVO fest where he showed all the memes that he should have just ended it right there and everything else since has been overkill

Aight bruh if you say so.... Funny how you say that but here in this very thread about the album I think one person has said anything about it but ok

Go check damn near any thread about Drake and if the Meek ? comes up you'll see plenty of people saying he should just drop it...and use more than the IC as your measuring stick because plenty of people within music who write about hip hop have said the same thing

I've seen the threads that's why I made the comment.... A few say it but it's not as many as when Meek make a track when he makes one EVERYBODY says it damn near...... There is a double standard whether you wanna admit it or not

I'm one of the people who feel like Drake should drop the Meek ? by now because it's overkill...but maybe some don't mind it because Meek brings the ? back on himself alot. ? will go from saying he's done talking about it and he's not going to say anything to saying some ? about it himself...how many times has Meek said he's "done with the internet ? " only to come right back do some "internet ? "...

Funny how Im not the only that sees this happening but you right bruh everybody says it about Drake dragging this ? out too and I'm just making this up smh

https://youtu.be/YQTDSpd5uxg
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options

Nope. This

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CrIhnkB8PE

Yo this ^^^ IS a 36 beat or some other Memphis beat
    Damn now u got me motivated to find it, lol
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @beta @AggyAF which page is the lank yo?
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol don't @ me to drake ?
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Lol don't @ me to drake ?

I figured you'd be in here my bad
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    The standout tracks on Views are better than the ones on More Life.

From top to bottom it's just ok. Drake's production is always good but dude ain't talking about a damn thing.
    Tired of hearing about his competition, who hates him and how much he is supposedly better than everyone else. Even the "love" songs don't hit like they used to and that's one of his strengths.

Drake was always someone who was considered deep because he let his fans into his life. And he might still be that guy but its really not much to talk about.
    As far as I'm concerned, he's making the same songs sprinkled with a new flow and good to great production. That's cool but it gets old when you realize you've been packaged the same album for the last few years.
    Right now Drake is essentially the rap version of Madden.

I'll keep a couple tracks, like i always do, but 22 songs makes for a long ass album when you don't have much to say outside the usual. He'll get his usual accolades, high charting hits, stans and haters fighting though.

3/5

That was my complaint about Views...just a shallow album with no substance behind most of the songs but on More Life it feels like Drake actually did dig into his life a bit more. 95% of most rapper's topic matter always has and always will revolve around people who hate them and how much better they are than everyone else. It's the other stuff that usually makes them stand out and on this one it feels like Drake went back to talking about his actual life and not about random love affairs with strippers and other ? he spent Views rambling about