Any " black greeks " on here? What part of the game is this?

Options

Comments

• VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No excuse or defense for this. Some times you just got to take that L
  • alliknowishate
    alliknowishate Members Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I kinda Figured that the ? with they ? out haven't been jumped in yet. But they definitely gone get ? when they turn. Smmfh. And if they african in a sense why not drop all the greek ? and start an african tribe or some ? . Not doin jailhouse rock ? . Glad I never went to college. These ? was probably hollerin bout stick your ass out or no job opportunities for you when you graduate in communications
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? call out suspect stuff all day long on this board....but this off limits somehow?

Some of yall catching feelings man. I aint even watch the video either.

? this ? ain't off limits. Jumping around with your ass hanging out is ? behavior and not a representation of members of black fraternities or black men in general. I'm not mincing words here. Read what I'm saying and not just what's convenient for you to hear.
    MLK
    WEB DuBois
    Fredrick Douglass
    Jesse White
    Jesse Jackson Jr.
    Bill Russell
    Langston Hughes
    Duke Ellington

All frat. A bunch of suspect idiots who might have their memberships revoked don't outweigh the significance and impact of just one of these men.

But this is how fraternity and freemasonry threads always go. People on the outside swear up and down they know more than people on the inside and when all else fails, they go with the mature "Who cares it's all ? anyway" line.

Same logic police use when golks critique their tactics....

The first police officers in this country were tasked with chasing down escaping slaves and either returning them to the plantation or killing them.

The first black fraternities in this country were founded on college campuses to create solidarity and a network for black men endeavouring to better themselves, their families, and their communities. They also were ostracized and rejected by white fraternities in the early 1900s.

American police enforcement is inherently racist.

Black fraternities were always intended to make men, better men.
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? call out suspect stuff all day long on this board....but this off limits somehow?

Some of yall catching feelings man. I aint even watch the video either.

? this ? ain't off limits. Jumping around with your ass hanging out is ? behavior and not a representation of members of black fraternities or black men in general. I'm not mincing words here. Read what I'm saying and not just what's convenient for you to hear.
    MLK
    WEB DuBois
    Fredrick Douglass
    Jesse White
    Jesse Jackson Jr.
    Bill Russell
    Langston Hughes
    Duke Ellington

All frat. A bunch of suspect idiots who might have their memberships revoked don't outweigh the significance and impact of just one of these men.

But this is how fraternity and freemasonry threads always go. People on the outside swear up and down they know more than people on the inside and when all else fails, they go with the mature "Who cares it's all ? anyway" line.

Same logic police use when golks critique their tactics....

The first police officers in this country were tasked with chasing down escaping slaves and either returning them to the plantation or killing them.

The first black fraternities in this country were founded on college campuses to create solidarity and a network for black men endeavouring to better themselves, their families, and their communities. They also were ostracized and rejected by white fraternities in the early 1900s.

American police enforcement is inherently racist.

Black fraternities were always intended to make men, better men.

Did your frat run a train on you?
  • soul rattler
    Options
    If that's what you prefer to fantasize about, cool. Your business, not mine
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have alot of Que friends they never did no ? like this.
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn, I always joked and said that Greeks just ride each other's nuts all the time, but I didn't think they were literally on it like that smh. That ? is ridiculous, wanting to be accepted in life ain't never that serious out here lol.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    MLK
    WEB DuBois
    Fredrick Douglass
    Jesse White
    Jesse Jackson Jr.
    Bill Russell
    Langston Hughes
    Duke Ellington

Not too mention MANY of these athletes/activists and other figures y'all respect.

The late Stuart Scott, ? Gregory, Dr. Cornell West - Alphas

Colin Kaepernick, Wilt Chamberlain, Arthur Ashe, "Big O" Oscar Robinson, Cedric "The Entertainer" - Kappas

Sharpton, Emmitt Smith, Scottie Pipps, Huey P., Karl Malone - Sigmas

Jordan, Shaq, Steve Harvey, Bill Cosby, Steve McNair, Earl "The Pearl" - QUES.

Know WHAT you're dissing and WHO is with it.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm in a BGLO. But ain't no defending that vid.

Nor will I try to defend the ? ? from members of my own fraternity. I just call it like I see it. In fairness to the Ques tho, all them ? don't get down like that.

Pretty much.

Truth be told: all FRATS - NPHC (BGLO to the uninformed) or otherwise (my frat is not NPHC....Kappa Kappa Psi) have ? ? that goes on it, simply because it's nation wide, and nationals can't keep track of all these dudes. Doesn't invalidate the work most dudes put in to make their orgs better.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall gotta stop with the feelings man....

• soul rattler
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    in my experience, albeit very limited b/c all i have is 4.5 yrs of undergrad, plus the ones that i know outside of undergrad, but an overwhelming percentage of these dudes join for the wrong reasons in the first place.

A lot of them were lames in high school, and join to feel apart of something, but they still lame then have the nerve to look down on other people and try to talk about them.

? , if you dont get tf outta here wearing that damn jacket in this 92 degree weather down here with a heat index of 100 degrees, and sitcho ass down somewhere

and before somebody try to say some slick ? about "oh, he must be mad he didnt get in"...nah ? , dem cats approached me and i turned ALL of them down b/c i didnt wanna be associated with the fuckery.

A clown is a clown, with or without a fraternity to rep.

Just like a clown is a clown, be they broke or Donald Trump.

That's what's so funny about these kind of threads. People talk down on fraternities like they're doing something special by NOT joining. If it's not for you, that's OK LOL. If you're going to be great, you'll be great regardless of what social organization you join. That's the way I see it.
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't agree with it, but I don't know if the intent was on no ? ? either, there was a lot of people in there, women too. I've seen worse in locker rooms when I played sports yo. It's never as bad as ? like to make it, at the same time it just ain't no ? you look at and shrug your shoulders. I'd rather get jumped in to my frat but a lot of them fraternities really try to embarrass you to test your dedication, Secret societies do the same thing i'm sure. My pride too high to be apart of anything like this at this cost, but I understand.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    in my experience, albeit very limited b/c all i have is 4.5 yrs of undergrad, plus the ones that i know outside of undergrad, but an overwhelming percentage of these dudes join for the wrong reasons in the first place.

A lot of them were lames in high school, and join to feel apart of something, but they still lame then have the nerve to look down on other people and try to talk about them.

? , if you dont get tf outta here wearing that damn jacket in this 92 degree weather down here with a heat index of 100 degrees, and sitcho ass down somewhere

and before somebody try to say some slick ? about "oh, he must be mad he didnt get in"...nah ? , dem cats approached me and i turned ALL of them down b/c i didnt wanna be associated with the fuckery.

A clown is a clown, with or without a fraternity to rep.

Just like a clown is a clown, be they broke or Donald Trump.

That's what's so funny about these kind of threads. People talk down on fraternities like they're doing something special by NOT joining. If it's not for you, that's OK LOL. If you're going to be great, you'll be great regardless of what social organization you join. That's the way I see it.

my man, it was certainly no shade to you

i have some GREAT friends that just so happen to be in those organizations. Real stand up dudes, but im just pointing out the ? ?

like, me and one of my coworkers became good friends and so we would go hang out at the bars downtown after work on fridays. Well, his frat brothers would call him and what not asking him whats up, and he would be like "oh, man, im chilling with my podnuh AP...i'ma see if i can pass through later"

Those cats were legit upset that he was hanging with a non frat dude. I mean, i got a good laugh out of it but it was sad af.
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NBA/NFL rookies low key catch worse treatment than this, and that's just the stuff i've heard about.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »
    MLK
    WEB DuBois
    Fredrick Douglass
    Jesse White
    Jesse Jackson Jr.
    Bill Russell
    Langston Hughes
    Duke Ellington

Not too mention MANY of these athletes/activists and other figures y'all respect.

The late Stuart Scott, ? Gregory, Dr. Cornell West - Alphas

Colin Kaepernick, Wilt Chamberlain, Arthur Ashe, "Big O" Oscar Robinson, Cedric "The Entertainer" - Kappas

Sharpton, Emmitt Smith, Scottie Pipps, Huey P., Karl Malone - Sigmas

Jordan, Shaq, Steve Harvey, Bill Cosby, Steve McNair, Earl "The Pearl" - QUES.

Know WHAT you're dissing and WHO is with it.

None of this has anything to do with this ? ass video though lol. All that means is all of them most likely did some suspect ?
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    The Ques I know are not condoning this ? ? . That squad may lose their membership for it as well. Being that it's a old video it may slide but ? are heated and disgusted

They should be. I want to see tweets/post of what other Ques have to say about this fuckery.