Any " black greeks " on here? What part of the game is this?

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Lurkristocrat
    Lurkristocrat Members Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This thread just keeps on giving lol
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »
    AP21 wrote: »
    fact or myth

AKAs used to openly discriminate against sisters of darker pigmentation?

@AP21

True.

I remember my mother telling my sister that she would've never made AKA back in the day because of her complexion.

Granted, @scorpio4lfe did provide some photographic evidence to the contrary, but that was the exception........not the norm.

No. It was the norm and not the exception. On both sides of my family it's long lines of deltas, ques, akas. Since the 30's. That ? happened in someplaces but it was never the norm.

My mom was a Delta and went to Wilberforce.

She'd be close to 90 years old if she was still alive.

So, since she would've seen this first hand 70+ years ago when she was in college.........I'm gonna take her word for it.

She went to all the colleges in the world bruh??

Back then there were only a handful of traditionally black colleges.

From what I know, Wilberforce was one of the largest at the time.

Not that big of a stretch to consider it to be a microcosm of what was going on at other black colleges as well.

The AKA's didn't let darker-skinned women in until they started to get called out on their exclusionary practices.

Similar to how some companies in the past would hire a token black to make it seem like they weren't racist.

Just looking at that School Daze clip someone posted should give you an idea that........although not as blatant..........it was still like that in the early 80's.

Pretty obvious that clip was about AKAs and Deltas.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Lurkristocrat
    Lurkristocrat Members Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whats going on here?
    hbcu-Probates-2016.png
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ok.........I'm done.

6glw54o0zdx2.gif

I would think you a smarter than that @deadeye to discriminate and not allow a white person to join solely because the color of his skin would have gotten that chapter in huge trouble and put the entire frat in jeopardy. white frays get in trouble when they do it why wouldn't black frats? AND the one white questions I know is a goofy ass white dude named winston. SQUARE as all ? , no rhythm but solid as a man with his beliefs and principles.

@not_osirus_jenkins

You must not have played the video.

That white "Man of Omega" used to be a member of the KKK.

I'm all for redemption and all, but there's now way he should've been allowed to pledge a black fraternity.

No. you must not have read the description.

Growing up, this man of Omega named Alan's father and grandfather were members of the Ku Klux ? . Not only did Alan choose to attend an HBCU, he pledged Omega Psi Phi Fraternity Inc., married a black woman, his sister married a black man, and both his father and grandfather renounced their memberships to the Ku Klux ? .
  • scorpio4lfe
    scorpio4lfe Members Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whats going on here?
    hbcu-Probates-2016.png

It's Probate.
  • Figo
    Figo Members Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    They look like a Homosexual isis

6lk9h8uef7dq.gif

• Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    I don't give a ? what anybody says. the whiteman is a natural ? and any black person getting involved with any organization calling itself GREEK IS A SUSPECT ? .

WHY THE ? do black fraternities they have to use Greek inspired letters why don't they use some Adinkra symbols

95ace9926bd161329b89d2ede9b9187b.jpg

Best post in the whole damn thread...? is really lost.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This thread is pure comedy
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    Max. wrote: »
    Member when lemmy was posting ? n sayn they were cute..

I member

you sure do have a memory for faggotry
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    On some adding fuel to the fire ? ......

I remember in like 2001 my freshman year of school I on blackplanet this ? with the screen name SuperNupe or somethin like that started talking to me. Dude was chipped so I asked him if he had any workout tips, told him I would pay for a weight program for the summer because I wanted to try to get bigger for basketball, so he started to sell me on the weights vs calisthenics thing because in high school all I really did was pushups and I was wit it, then he was trying to get me to join a frat too, I think the alphas or kappas or somethin and was hittin me with all the organizational connections that I may have and the life long bond that I could have, again, I was like yo, that might be slick but I was ? a sorority ? around that time and she was goin through it tryin to get in, she wasnt even supposed to be around no ? because of silence or somethin like that, and I didn't know if I was bout that life....The conversation switched again to ?

Then he told me he get down on the DL.....

I said I did too.....I thought this ? was talkin about ? broads but bein low key about it....

He said we should link up....I said yea for the weight ? , we can link at a gym in the city somewhere or a YMCA......

He reiterated, I get down on the DL....... I said bruh why you keep sayin that what the ? do that got to do with weights.....

He said I got a wife, but I get down on the DL with other ? .... I put 2 and 2 together.....

Told this ? if call my phone i'm killin him.

This happened twice, both were in fraternities yo.

So there's that.

oh ? I remember supernupe on blackplanet

that ? was a sugar chaser smh @Lefty_

I remembered a screen name ?
    you remember dialog bookmarked pages and convos bout faggotry

Naw u remember ? ? from 2000
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whats going on here?
    hbcu-Probates-2016.png

Nut 2 Butt