Any " black greeks " on here? What part of the game is this?

Options

Comments

• deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    fact or myth

AKAs used to openly discriminate against sisters of darker pigmentation?

@AP21

True.

I remember my mother telling my sister that she would've never made AKA back in the day because of her complexion.

Granted, @scorpio4lfe did provide some photographic evidence to the contrary, but that was the exception........not the norm.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    fact or myth

There's a reason the Delta vs AKA beef ran so deep for many...
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    fact or myth

There's a reason the Delta vs AKA beef ran so deep for many...

Practically the premise of this in School Daze....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RPVjwHSynI0
  • ChillaDaKilla
    ChillaDaKilla Members, Banned Users Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    On some adding fuel to the fire ? ......

I remember in like 2001 my freshman year of school I on blackplanet this ? with the screen name SuperNupe or somethin like that started talking to me. Dude was chipped so I asked him if he had any workout tips, told him I would pay for a weight program for the summer because I wanted to try to get bigger for basketball, so he started to sell me on the weights vs calisthenics thing because in high school all I really did was pushups and I was wit it, then he was trying to get me to join a frat too, I think the alphas or kappas or somethin and was hittin me with all the organizational connections that I may have and the life long bond that I could have, again, I was like yo, that might be slick but I was ? a sorority ? around that time and she was goin through it tryin to get in, she wasnt even supposed to be around no ? because of silence or somethin like that, and I didn't know if I was bout that life....The conversation switched again to ?

Then he told me he get down on the DL.....

I said I did too.....I thought this ? was talkin about ? broads but bein low key about it....

He said we should link up....I said yea for the weight ? , we can link at a gym in the city somewhere or a YMCA......

He reiterated, I get down on the DL....... I said bruh why you keep sayin that what the ? do that got to do with weights.....

He said I got a wife, but I get down on the DL with other ? .... I put 2 and 2 together.....

Told this ? if call my phone i'm killin him.

This happened twice, both were in fraternities yo.

So there's that.

oh ? I remember supernupe on blackplanet

that ? was a sugar chaser smh @Lefty_
  • bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »
    aneed123 wrote: »
    My homie roommate crossed que. Light-skinned lil ? . Theycbeat them ? so bad with paddles homie couldn't sit down. Had to lay stomach down on bar stools. ? backside was purple and black. All that hazing ? happens no one is making up lies

Then you're homie's roomate was stupid for letting somebody put their hands on him...and why would ya'll nkow his backside was purple and blue? Was ya'll ? looking?

Typical ? deflection. He showed us . I'm not ? so don't say that next to deflect instead of just listening to the truth I'm telling u

Why is he showing y'all his ass? Is this a normal activity within your circle? Showing ass to the homies?

Smh.... ? lol
  • ChillaDaKilla
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    Member when lemmy was posting ? n sayn they were cute..

I member

you sure do have a memory for faggotry
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »
    fact or myth

@AP21

True.

I remember my mother telling my sister that she would've never made AKA back in the day because of her complexion.

Granted, @scorpio4lfe did provide some photographic evidence to the contrary, but that was the exception........not the norm.

They used to do the paper bad test. I'd u weren't lighter than a paper bag u couldn't join. They have supposedly stopped cuz I see dark skinned akas
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

...man cot damn!
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bgoat wrote: »
    CuQob07XEBsUlwS.jpg

Smfh ? thuggin
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ok.........I'm done.

6glw54o0zdx2.gif

I would think you a smarter than that @deadeye to discriminate and not allow a white person to join solely because the color of his skin would have gotten that chapter in huge trouble and put the entire frat in jeopardy. white frays get in trouble when they do it why wouldn't black frats? AND the one white questions I know is a goofy ass white dude named winston. SQUARE as all ? , no rhythm but solid as a man with his beliefs and principles.

@not_osirus_jenkins

You must not have played the video.

That white "Man of Omega" used to be a member of the KKK.

I'm all for redemption and all, but there's now way he should've been allowed to pledge a black fraternity.

No @deadeye you are wrong and didn't read. IT says his father and grandfather were members. Hes married to a black woman and his sister is married to a black man.
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    Options
    fact or myth

@AP21

True.

No. It was the norm and not the exception. On both sides of my family it's long lines of deltas, ques, akas. Since the 30's. That ? happened in someplaces but it was never the norm.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    fact or myth

AND ANOTHER WIN FOR JIM CROW
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CuQob07XEBsUlwS.jpg

How is this supposed to ELEVATE THE COMMUNITY? how is it supposed to elevate the member who is holding a ? in his mouth?

• deadeye
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    Ok.........I'm done.

6glw54o0zdx2.gif

Why you done? It's blacks in traditional historical "white" frats and sororities. What's the difference

@Cain

Play the video and look at the captions.

Better yet, go directly to the page and read the comments.

That white man...........WAS A MEMBER OF THE KKK.

Why the ? would a black fraternity let a former member of the ? pledge?
  • deadeye
    Options
    fact or myth

@AP21

True.

No. It was the norm and not the exception. On both sides of my family it's long lines of deltas, ques, akas. Since the 30's. That ? happened in someplaces but it was never the norm.

My mom was a Delta and went to Wilberforce.

She'd be close to 90 years old if she was still alive.

So, since she would've seen this first hand 70+ years ago when she was in college.........I'm gonna take her word for it.
  • deadeye
    Options
    CuQob07XEBsUlwS.jpg

How is this supposed to ELEVATE THE COMMUNITY? how is it supposed to elevate the member who is holding a ? in his mouth?

yk4vru6yadr9.gif
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    Options
    fact or myth

@AP21

True.

My mom was a Delta and went to Wilberforce.

She'd be close to 90 years old if she was still alive.

So, since she would've seen this first hand 70+ years ago when she was in college.........I'm gonna take her word for it.

She went to all the colleges in the world bruh??
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    my question was rhetorical b/c i know there used to be discriminatory practices against women of darker pigmentation and larger, more curvy ? type women.

its certainly changed now, but that used to be a real thing

its not picking on them tbh, but i guess to highlight an issue that is still prevalent in our society today that you feel that the only way someone can be beneficial to your cause is if they look a certain way. In this case, lighter skinned women vs darker skinned women, which ultimately keeps a divide in the community.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options

I member

I remember in like 2001 my freshman year of school I on blackplanet this ? with the screen name SuperNupe or somethin like that started talking to me. Dude was chipped so I asked him if he had any workout tips, told him I would pay for a weight program for the summer because I wanted to try to get bigger for basketball, so he started to sell me on the weights vs calisthenics thing because in high school all I really did was pushups and I was wit it, then he was trying to get me to join a frat too, I think the alphas or kappas or somethin and was hittin me with all the organizational connections that I may have and the life long bond that I could have, again, I was like yo, that might be slick but I was ? a sorority ? around that time and she was goin through it tryin to get in, she wasnt even supposed to be around no ? because of silence or somethin like that, and I didn't know if I was bout that life....The conversation switched again to ?

I said I did too.....I thought this ? was talkin about ? broads but bein low key about it....

He said we should link up....I said yea for the weight ? , we can link at a gym in the city somewhere or a YMCA......

He reiterated, I get down on the DL....... I said bruh why you keep sayin that what the ? do that got to do with weights.....

He said I got a wife, but I get down on the DL with other ? .... I put 2 and 2 together.....

So there's that.

• ChillaDaKilla
    Options

I member

So there's that.

I remembered a screen name ?
    you remember dialog bookmarked pages and convos bout faggotry
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CuQob07XEBsUlwS.jpg

Wtf is in their mouths...
  • ChillaDaKilla
    Options
    LPast wrote: »
    CuQob07XEBsUlwS.jpg

black ? apparently
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL look at all the down low ? with masks on these franterniy ? father ? are like secret agents
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LPast wrote: »
    CuQob07XEBsUlwS.jpg

black ? apparently

That's what I thought. Unbelievable...