Three New Dave Chappelle Comedy Specials Coming to Netflix (3/21)

Options

Comments

• Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They was cool. Didn't disappoint but they ain't ? away either, you could tell he was shaking off the rust and gettin back into his groove. Had it downloaded to my phone and just listened while I was at work so maybe I missed some visual bits. Was good enough to help 2 hours go by fast tho
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    Kairo wrote: »
    Both are fire. I prefer the 1st but I've only watched them once. I'll have to rewatch em to see how they hold up. His 3rd should be GOAT. He's back.

With Neal Brennan working with Netflix what are the odds they sat both of em down and pitched the idea of a Chappelle's Show revival?

They paid him $60million for 2 specials he already had in the bag and 1 on the way. Just think of how much they would have to pay to get a tv series from him.

Not sure if Dave & Neal are cool like they once were. Dave felt pretty betrayed by Neal when he went to Africa. He called him out pretty good on his Oprah interview back when he came back to the US

How the ? Dave felt betrayed by Neal when he the one that walked away.

• TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Both are fire. I prefer the 1st but I've only watched them once. I'll have to rewatch em to see how they hold up. His 3rd should be GOAT. He's back.

With Neal Brennan working with Netflix what are the odds they sat both of em down and pitched the idea of a Chappelle's Show revival?

They paid him $60million for 2 specials he already had in the bag and 1 on the way. Just think of how much they would have to pay to get a tv series from him.

Not sure if Dave & Neal are cool like they once were. Dave felt pretty betrayed by Neal when he went to Africa. He called him out pretty good on his Oprah interview back when he came back to the US

Its in the interview. Its a good watch and pretty funny.

Basically Neal never defended him when media outlets were saying Dave was on drugs. He would tell the media that "Daves not well" but never reached out to him when Dave never changed his number.

24:30 min in
    https://youtu.be/OXWhYZOpw48
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Educated guess, Neal was butt hurt that Dave jus dipped n didnt tell him wtf was up.

And neal was like "why u ? up a good thing?"
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought the story was during filming of the chappelle show dave got caught in a moment during a skit where he got uncomfortable with the material, looked for support to those closest to him but got none.

Like dudes (neal) were laughing at him rather than with him and dave took issue with that.
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    lazypakman wrote: »
    I thought the story was during filming of the chappelle show dave got caught in a moment during a skit where he got uncomfortable with the material, looked for support to those closest to him but got none.

Like dudes (neal) were laughing at him rather than with him and dave took issue with that.

He never said it was Neal. He talks about that in the interview too
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Options

Its in the interview. Its a good watch and pretty funny.

Basically Neal never defended him when media outlets were saying Dave was on drugs. He would tell the media that "Daves not well" but never reached out to him when Dave never changed his number.

24:30 min in
    https://youtu.be/OXWhYZOpw48

Pressed play seen that that ? was from 2004, damn near all that ? has been recanted.
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Options

I doubt Neal was the one "laughing at the wrong things."

Since he co-wrote a lot Chappelle Show.
    marc123 wrote: »
    Educated guess, Neal was butt hurt that Dave jus dipped n didnt tell him wtf was up.

Who the ? wouldn't?

Especially since all the reasons why he claim left was some ? .
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Both are hilarious and as good as his old specials.

Neal and Dave worked together for his SNL appearance btw so they're cool. Chappelle show ain't comin back though.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheM ? were funny....that cat/? voice ? had me in tears
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think he generally became worried that people were laughing at Chappelle Show for the wrong reasons. I never heard anything about issues with Neal.
  • truth_juice
    truth_juice Members Posts: 270 ✭✭
    Options
    ghost! wrote: »
    still trying to finish them both..

he said now a days the dudes in N.Y. dress like they lesbians...lol

He said the dudes in Austin dress like NY lesbians.
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wait 3??

I just saw 2...the ? am i missing
  • marc123
    edited March 2017
    Options

Who the ? wouldn't?

? huh? U really think so...

If Dave felt it wasnt right, then it wasnt right. I respect his decision. Of course he coulda handled the Neal ? better. But Dave hada do what he hada do. Who im i to judge.
  • marc123
    edited March 2017
    Options
    That transgender story was funny af. lol lls

"Uh. Her ? is hanging out the bottom of her dress."

"I cant get caught at a party with a od'ed cross dresser."
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    Qiv_Owan wrote: »
    Wait 3??

giphy.gif
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Qiv_Owan wrote: »
    Wait 3??

lmfao.

The contract is for 3 specials.

2 of those 3 were recorded and vaulted by chappelle personally. He had them on hand and added it to this netflix deal. The 3rd one will be all new material to be released later this year.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All his impersonations we immaculate.
    Meester wrote: »
    ? juice lmao!

• marc123
    Options
    "...sandwich biting ? !"
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Options

Who the ? wouldn't?

? huh? U really think so...

If Dave felt it wasnt right, then it wasnt right. I respect his decision. Of course he coulda handled the Neal ? better. But Dave hada do what he hada do. Who im i to judge.

He backtracked all that ? on why he left the show, in the last couple of years, duke.

Everytime he's asked does he regret leaving the show he says yeah, ? it's in that Gayle King video a few post back.

You're respecting a decision HE doesn't even respect now slim.

• ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    BobOblah wrote: »
    Anyone saying either of these is just ok...name some other recent comedy specials that are better.... I'll wait

Dave the GOAT

whether they are or are not, doesn't take away from these two being ok/cool, and they were just ok/cool. Neither come close to "killing me softly"
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    "...sandwich biting ? !"

"....these bitchs keep messingwith meeee!!!"