Three New Dave Chappelle Comedy Specials Coming to Netflix (3/21)

Options

Comments

• Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »
    lazypakman wrote: »
    I thought the story was during filming of the chappelle show dave got caught in a moment during a skit where he got uncomfortable with the material, looked for support to those closest to him but got none.

Like dudes (neal) were laughing at him rather than with him and dave took issue with that.

I doubt Neal was the one "laughing at the wrong things."

Since he co-wrote a lot Chappelle Show.
    Educated guess, Neal was butt hurt that Dave jus dipped n didnt tell him wtf was up.

And neal was like "why u ? up a good thing?"

Who the ? wouldn't?

Especially since all the reasons why he claim left was some ? .

? huh? U really think so...

If Dave felt it wasnt right, then it wasnt right. I respect his decision. Of course he coulda handled the Neal ? better. But Dave hada do what he hada do. Who im i to judge.

He backtracked all that ? on why he left the show, in the last couple of years, duke.

Everytime he's asked does he regret leaving the show he says yeah, ? it's in that Gayle King video a few post back.

You're respecting a decision HE doesn't even respect now slim.

Hindsight is 20/20. It would be hard for any person to leave 50M behind and not regret that ? in some way.
    There's probably dozens of opportunities he's missed out on. I think it's reasonable to believe that he can regret leaving while also accepting his decision.

In the same interview dude made a dope ass analogy about success. I think that ? was really getting to him.

https://youtu.be/EOge9F60yp0
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So word is Danny Brown was the ? that sold Dave the weed he was blazed to at that Detroit show lol
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ghost! wrote: »
    BobOblah wrote: »
    Anyone saying either of these is just ok...name some other recent comedy specials that are better.... I'll wait

Dave the GOAT

whether they are or are not, doesn't take away from these two being ok/cool, and they were just ok/cool. Neither come close to "killing me softly"

Agree to disagree. These stand with his best work to me.

That misdirection and swerve into the Cosby jokes... ? walking around in high heels just to feel safe.... All that is genius on the same level as his old ?
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anyone saying either of these is just ok...name some other recent comedy specials that are better.... I'll wait

Dave the GOAT

whether they are or are not, doesn't take away from these two being ok/cool, and they were just ok/cool. Neither come close to "killing me softly"

That misdirection and swerve into the Cosby jokes... ? walking around in high heels just to feel safe.... All that is genius on the same level as his old ?

Yep

Dave is similar to George Carlin in that they actually keep getting better as they age
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »

Dave the GOAT

Yep

Dave is similar to George Carlin in that they actually keep getting better as they age

ehh. maybe. but I don't think he'll ever have a stand up special as funny as 'killing em softly'
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I don't Carlin funny at all but his social commentary was second to none.

He stayed dropping gems
  • Kairo
    Kairo Members Posts: 942 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lazypakman wrote: »
    I thought the story was during filming of the chappelle show dave got caught in a moment during a skit where he got uncomfortable with the material, looked for support to those closest to him but got none.

Like dudes (neal) were laughing at him rather than with him and dave took issue with that.

I doubt Neal was the one "laughing at the wrong things."

Since he co-wrote a lot Chappelle Show.
    Educated guess, Neal was butt hurt that Dave jus dipped n didnt tell him wtf was up.

And neal was like "why u ? up a good thing?"

Who the ? wouldn't?

Especially since all the reasons why he claim left was some ? .

? huh? U really think so...

If Dave felt it wasnt right, then it wasnt right. I respect his decision. Of course he coulda handled the Neal ? better. But Dave hada do what he hada do. Who im i to judge.

He backtracked all that ? on why he left the show, in the last couple of years, duke.

Everytime he's asked does he regret leaving the show he says yeah, ? it's in that Gayle King video a few post back.

You're respecting a decision HE doesn't even respect now slim.

This is why I could see a sketch show with Dave and Neal reuniting. You don't have to call it Chappelle's Show. The name doesn't matter, their association with it and Netflix do.
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? Juice

Never thought I'd laugh so hard at that phrase! Lol! That's the mark of a great comedian. Take something so simple and make it hilarious.
  • TheGOAT
    Options

Dave the GOAT

Yep

ehh. maybe. but I don't think he'll ever have a stand up special as funny as 'killing em softly'

I had to revisit his old standup after these dropped. Watched Killin em Softly the other day... I think my brother stole For What its Worth from me tho
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    Rock & Chappelle been doin alot of shows together recently
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »
    Went to the Chris rock show in NO and outta no where Dave just strolled out on stage. The people went crazy. About an hour later, Rock walks out. Them two ? was on stage talking ? and hanging out for the longest. I had tears in my eyes, never laughed so hard in my life.

@kzzl

is this the show here?...

dave-chappelle-chris-rock.jpg

Yep.

Who the ? are all these people with pictures? Must be press, cause they had us lock our phones away in a pouch.
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rock & Chappelle been doin alot of shows together recently

I would pay a lot to see them on stage together but it's always some surprise ? when they do it
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    charles2 wrote: »
    ? Juice

Never thought I'd laugh so hard at that phrase! Lol! That's the mark of a great comedian. Take something so simple and make it hilarious.

? had me dying with the ? stuff

Never thought that could happen
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They're funny because Dave is naturally funny.. But these don't match his earlier classics imo.
    both were ok, nothing epic

"But but theres always one person"

• Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    loch121 wrote: »
    But he saves way more than he rapes

When he first started that bit, I was like "Meh...", but way he came back around on it...xmltc7v1ooen.gif

• Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    loch121 wrote: »
    But he saves way more than he rapes

When he first started that bit, I was like "Meh...", but way he came back around on it...xmltc7v1ooen.gif

After 34 i was like " Man he probably only ? like 10 or 12 of those women"

Who was the two people he was was talking to?
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Saw him in Austin tonight. He alluded to some of the Netflix stuff but didn't reuse any material at all. Was crying laughing all night Dave is the GOAT.

Those Netflix shows were filmed a while ago. Bomani Jones said on his podcast he's seen Dave 3-4 times over the past couple years and he is way better than he was when those specials were filmed
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    Saw him in Austin tonight. He alluded to some of the Netflix stuff but didn't reuse any material at all. Was crying laughing all night Dave is the GOAT.

Those Netflix shows were filmed a while ago. Bomani Jones said on his podcast he's seen Dave 3-4 times over the past couple years and he is way better than he was when those specials were filmed

yeah they are both old... like I said about the Detroit show.. i hadn't realized until i looked up my old post.. that ? was back in 2015.. April if im not mistaken. so yeah their both 2 years old at the LEAST
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    JusDre313 wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »

yeah they are both old... like I said about the Detroit show.. i hadn't realized until i looked up my old post.. that ? was back in 2015.. April if im not mistaken. so yeah their both 2 years old at the LEAST

No the Holltwood one is just now about to be a year old. He shouts out Gary Shandling & Phife at the end.