Alien: Covenant (2017) Michael Fassbender, Katherine Waterston, Billy Crudup & Danny McBride

Options

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This movie was produced by a studio Cameron opened for VR movies. I wonder if that means anything.

It means.....I'll be seeing this in imax 3D like I did with Prometheus

I actually found out what they're doing.

https://techcrunch.com/2017/04/25/with-the-new-alien-covenant-vr-experience-be-the-alien-you-want-to-see-in-the-theaters/

They made a VR teaser for the movie. They plan on doing a bunch of these types of things every year as promotions for their movies and unattached media.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this ? looks much much better than Prometheus
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watchin Alien for 1st time now.

How they have a cat on board when everyone was in hypersleep chambers???
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    Alien 2 started off cool but dragged. Did not need to be 2.5 hrs. The queen was cool tho.

After seeing the 2 OGs i dont understand why yall hate Prometheus.

And the "engineers" are the most interesting part of the series. Hope the covenant expands on them.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hate Prometheus because it didn't even follow it's own internal logic. Terribly written movie barely saved by great visuals.
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prometheus was dope. ? the haters
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    I hate Prometheus because it didn't even follow it's own internal logic. Terribly written movie barely saved by great visuals.

What u mean? For example....
  • Broddie
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »

What u mean? For example....

"They're the most advanced race in the known galaxy. They created the most advanced biological weapon in existence. A complete danger in the wrong hands. So why not store it in unsecure jars that the wrong hands could get ahold of?"

"I am an advanced A.I.on board to oversee and protect my creators on this excursion; so let me poison this human for reasons that even I don't know and can't ever explain.

Among other things. Stupid ? movie but at least they have nowhere to go but up.
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    The evil robot thing seems to be a theme in the franchise. Idk

In the 1st Alien when the black guy punches his head off his shoulders i was like "wtf???"
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    So that black goo in the jars was a biological weapon that had nothing to do with the "Aliens"?
  • Broddie
    edited May 2017
    Options
    The evil robot thing seems to be a theme in the franchise. Idk

In the 1st Alien when the black guy punches his head off his shoulders i was like "wtf???"

It made sense in the first movie. The company programmed him that way. In Prometheus we never get an indication why. Just another lazy unresovled plot thread in a script chockful of them.

Damien Lindelof like his buddy JJ Abrams is an awful writer because he is all narrative setup with no resolution. So the ? feels superfluous and nonsensical.

I'm only watching Covenant cause he is nowhere near it.

• Broddie
    Options
    So that black goo in the jars was a biological weapon that had nothing to do with the "Aliens"?

Did you see the movie?
  • TheGOAT
    Options

Did you see the movie?

Yea but i was lost in parts. I had no idea about the Alien franchise when i saw it. I was tryn piece it together as i went.

The engineers planned on destroying earth (idk how that was even figured out)

I wasnt sure if the Alien was the weapon they planned on using. But u saying it was actually the black goo which was a biological weapon.
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    The robot in Alien 2 mentioned that previous models were "glitchy" idk if that covers it of not
  • Broddie
    Options

Did you see the movie?

Yea but i was lost in parts. I had no idea about the Alien franchise when i saw it. I was tryn piece it together as i went.

I wasnt sure if the Alien was the weapon they planned on using. But u saying it was actually the black goo which was a biological weapon.

Yeah but the black goo is a self contained plot thread exclusive to Prometheus. All you needed to do was watch Prometheus.

There were many indicators that it was the biological weapon that the engineers wanted to destroy humans with but the script is so damn sloppy I can't say I don't get how someone could walk out confused.
  • Broddie
    Options
    The robot in Alien 2 mentioned that previous models were "glitchy" idk if that covers it of not

The first movie makes it clear that Ash was there to secure and recover the xenomorph for the company. You don't need to watch Aliens to understand his motivation.

Where as with David you probably have to watch Covenant. That is sloppy writing. Writer couldn't resolve his own plot thread in his own script. Somebody had to pick up the ball and do it for him.
  • TheGOAT
    Options

Did you see the movie?

Yeah but the black goo is a self contained plot thread exclusive to Prometheus. All you needed to do was watch Prometheus.

There were many indicators that it was the biological weapon that the engineers wanted to destroy humans with but the script is so damn sloppy I can't say I don't get how someone could walk out confused.

I guess if it was exclusive to that film i was too busy tryn connect dots to the Alien film i hadnt seen yet.

But also wasnt it the goo that the robot poisoned dude with that lead to Shaw having an alien baby? So the goo has to have something to do with aliens
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    Options

it is seriously one of the most stupid movies ive ever seen.
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I think i just figured out a major part of Alien Covenant. Spoiler Alert
    So im watching the first Alien movie and i see that the ship that they discover is identical to the one in Alien Covenant trailer that the crew is on. Which would also mean that most likely there will be no survivors in the upcoming film. Unless somehow some of the crew escaped.
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    @sion appriciate the answers man

I just watched Alien 1 & 2 this week

Not watchin the others since yall think they suck

....prometheus was my favorite so far lol

*dodges tomatos being thrown
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Kairo
    Kairo Members Posts: 942 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »
    nj2089 wrote: »
    Never seen any of the Alien movies , which alien movie is the best one ?

The first two

the fincher was one was cool to me though.

3 wasn't as bad as it was made out to be but it had a lot to live up to. Still wasn't a great Alien film or film period.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    Lmao @ not tom hardy. Took me a minute to get that.