Alien: Covenant (2017) Michael Fassbender, Katherine Waterston, Billy Crudup & Danny McBride

Options

Comments

• VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    @sion appriciate the answers man

I just watched Alien 1 & 2 this week

Not watchin the others since yall think they suck

....prometheus was my favorite so far lol

*dodges tomatos being thrown

Hey man I actually like Prometheus but cats HATED it. I didn't think it was a terrible movie I just think the execution could have been better. It tried to hard to be a thinking man's action-horror instead of just explaining the origins. It takes too many twists and turns and confuses the plot and ? . Still I enjoyed it for the philosophical component.

I have not watched Prometheus since I seen it in theaters even though I own it. Maybe I will finally watch it since class ends today and see how I feel.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm still convinced that Tom Hardy and that Logan guy are secretly brothers. Just like I know Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Robert Downey Jr. And Javier Bardem were triplets seperated at birth. Remember when Tom Hardy was with him at the Prometheus premiere? They were looking like doublemint twins.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Watched an early screening
    IT WAS PREDATOR ALL ALONG!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Huey_C
    Huey_C Members Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    David did what he did on orders from Weyland.

"Do what needs to be done"

Essentially gave David freewill to accomplish his mission in any manner he chose.

Not Tom Hardy put himself on David's radar with his rapidly declining self esteem and morale.
    Essentially David saw him as a liability.

Exactly, People are dense, I don't mean to be pretentious but the whole point of the first movie was to find eternal life. David experimented on "tom hardy" basically trying to discover what effects the black ooze has on humans. Maybe it would enhance or mutate was the question. I believe it's what motivates him in covenant. His original purpose was weylands orders that you mentioned in your post. Today's moviegoers need simple plot devices I swear.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

U lyin lol
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Would that be a bad twist tho?

Hypothetically speaking...

When you take into consideration how long the yautja have had access to interstellar travel...
    And how long they have bug hunted...

Man... Now that would have been a great movie.

Let AvP tell it, they been warring since before christ.

Hes most like lying...the reviews i read said...first act is ALIEN..2nd act is prometheus
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Max.
    Options
    I heard questions get answered from the first film

Well see
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Max.
    Options
    If u want the plot/ spoilers

Click on the black part of the comments

Alien Covenant plot synopsis has leaked on 4chan(SPOILERS)!!!

https://t.co/WfR9t29xve

#AlienCovenant https://t.co/9dnZHx1l3z
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    The evil robot thing seems to be a theme in the franchise. Idk

In the 1st Alien when the black guy punches his head off his shoulders i was like "wtf???"

It made sense in the first movie. The company programmed him that way. In Prometheus we never get an indication why. Just another lazy unresovled plot thread in a script chockful of them.

Damien Lindelof like his buddy JJ Abrams is an awful writer because he is all narrative setup with no resolution. So the ? feels superfluous and nonsensical.

I'm only watching Covenant cause he is nowhere near it.

I always assumed the old man programmed David to do all that ?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Promotheus will be looked as the Star Wars: A New Hope of the series when it's all said and done. You need that character development and storyline first movie or else you get some ? like Suicide Squad with no character development.
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Promotheus will be looked as the Star Wars: A New Hope of the series when it's all said and done. You need that character development and storyline first movie or else you get some ? like Suicide Squad with no character development.

New Hope was a Global phenomenon, Prometheus wasn't even the most memorable movie of 2012, so no.
  • usmarin3
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »

New Hope was a Global phenomenon, Prometheus wasn't even the most memorable movie of 2012, so no.

I think people will go back to Prometheus if this upcoming movie is good.
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    Options

i dont know about all that, the movie was just bad , the concept of the engineers & cgi were very good but it was poorly executed, whereas new hope was a great movie regardless of the dated special effects.
  • usmarin3
    Options

i dont know about all that, the movie was just bad , the concept of the engineers & cgi were very good but it was poorly executed, whereas new hope was a great movie regardless of the dated special effects.

To each is own, but i've learn to appreciate the movie over time. The cinematography alone makes it a must watch.
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

To each is own, but i've learn to appreciate the movie over time. The cinematography alone makes it a must watch.

Exactly. Watched that ? over the weekend man that ? was dope. David was a slippery muthafucka.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Max.
    Options
    Told yall the ? wasnt gon answer any questions!

Hahahahahahahahahaha

Huh
  • Max.
    Options
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol y'all ? be putting so much hope in these Alien movies and each one dissapoints just admit this franchise is washed....
  • Huey_C
    Huey_C Members Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But he gave it a B, you obviously didn't watch the review. Form your own opinions