Alien: Covenant (2017) Michael Fassbender, Katherine Waterston, Billy Crudup & Danny McBride

Options

Comments

• sdotcarter111
    sdotcarter111 Members Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So after what we know from Covenant, the aliens in these Alien movies aren't really aliens in the way we classically understand them? The Engineers are aliens. The xenomorphs are just organic biological weapons?
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    KnowReasonForPeace Members Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »
    ? them Engineers they wanted to destroy Earth

the engineers been telling us since the first movie that they didnt want us to exist

David saw they were on their way to earth when he found the cockpit right?
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I enjoyed it...
    So after what we know from Covenant, the aliens in these Alien movies aren't really aliens in the way we classically understand them? The Engineers are aliens. The xenomorphs are just organic biological weapons?
    What about the giant xeno mural in "Prometheus"? Leads me to believe they have been around before David...
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    About to see it right now
  • Mr.LV
    Options
    Yeahhh
    Yeah David ain't ? for what he did to Elizabeth Shaw and what he is planning to do to the colonists on the covenant after taking it over.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i fell asleep like 3 times in the 1st hour and half and still ain't miss ? ...i'm done with these movies
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Mr.LV
    Options
    Oh... So yall really think Shaw's C-Section scene didnt further infect her huh?

She was gon die regardless... Ten years with another species amniotic fluid spillt on your open wound.... Come on.... All she got was some funky ass staples.

She would have still be alive,David thought those engineers would of change into aliens when he dropped that black goo(Pathogens) on them and they died instantly. With no other one left to experiment on Elizabeth Shaw was used instead as a last resort .

post2.jpg
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They could a at least showed Shaw put David's head back on. Also that white ? did the fat ? with the beard wife ? just left her in that room smh
  • Mr.LV
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    They could a at least showed Shaw put David's head back on. Also that white ? did the fat ? with the beard wife ? just left her in that room smh

They showed a little bit of Shaw putting David head back on in the prologue.
    @aneed123
    https://youtu.be/XeMVrnYNwus

• [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Mr.LV
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    Oh... So yall really think Shaw's C-Section scene didnt further infect her huh?

She was gon die regardless... Ten years with another species amniotic fluid spillt on your open wound.... Come on.... All she got was some funky ass staples.

She would have still be alive,David thought those engineers would of change into aliens when he dropped that black goo(Pathogens) on them and they died instantly. With no other one left to experiment on Elizabeth Shaw was used instead as a last resort .

post2.jpg

Bro... Based on everything we know about this anthology series it would be foolish to think Shaw was gon live. No one has come in that close a proximity with an alien life form and lived a long healthy life.

Just not possible.

How could one fhink she was gon be alright after what the black goo did to them other two dudes?

Shaw would have transformed into some alien abomination in prometheus immediately, that black goo doesn't take long to ? up human dna even David said in alien covenant when one of the crew members ask if he thinks he was effected by it, David said he would of known by now if he was in effected by it.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So ? disappointed. They could of done something epic with the creators angle, but chose to make a cliche gory Alien movie. ? running out of ideas in Hollywood. Smh
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The movie was cool up until the end. Not because it didnt make sense, but because it made so much sense it was 100% predictable from
    the time david reached for that knife
    until the end. They tried to throw you for a loop with
    David helping the humans get rid of the alien
    but unless you a ? ? , nobody was falling for that ? . We all knew
    David was playing that long game

Movie was about a 7/10 for me. Enjoyable, and I like that
    EVERYBODY got it
    . But I knew what the ending would be 20 minutes before it happened, to a T, and that made it anticlimactic as hell.

Matter fact I knew what the ending would be an hour and change before it happened, as soon as I saw
    David cutting his hair

One more small problem. We got about 30 seconds worth of footage of something I wanted at least 20 minutes on. Yall know the scene, with
    David releasing the plague on the Engineers
    . The whole reason I wanted a sequel to Prometheus was an
    extended look into the Engineers planet and society, and all we got was half a minute of them getting lit the ? up. Can we see how them ? living first? Can we get some questions answered? Can we least see more what the ? look like? I mean damn.

Anyway, not up to par with the first few alien movies, but still worth a watch.

:lol: "can we at least see what the ? look like"
  • TheGOAT
    edited May 2017
    Options
    David the GOAT
    Hes so cold with this ? and be droppin cold ass lines to an epic music score while committing and discussing mass genocides he pulled
  • TheGOAT
    edited May 2017
    Options
    was dope seeing David actually communicate with the alien
    That part was comedy when David is happily watching the birth of his 1st xeno and they make eye contact and he becomes the mommy figure

2W8bEBGjSsRFu.gif
    The-13-Most-Recognizable-Gestures-from-Movies-and-TV-11.gif
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    McBride: Whats wrong? U not feeling good captain?
    Franco: Im just... Just burning up.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    The movie was cool up until the end. Not because it didnt make sense, but because it made so much sense it was 100% predictable from
    the time david reached for that knife
    until the end. They tried to throw you for a loop with
    David helping the humans get rid of the alien
    but unless you a ? ? , nobody was falling for that ? . We all knew
    David was playing that long game

Movie was about a 7/10 for me. Enjoyable, and I like that
    EVERYBODY got it
    . But I knew what the ending would be 20 minutes before it happened, to a T, and that made it anticlimactic as hell.

Matter fact I knew what the ending would be an hour and change before it happened, as soon as I saw
    David cutting his hair

One more small problem. We got about 30 seconds worth of footage of something I wanted at least 20 minutes on. Yall know the scene, with
    David releasing the plague on the Engineers
    . The whole reason I wanted a sequel to Prometheus was an
    extended look into the Engineers planet and society, and all we got was half a minute of them getting lit the ? up. Can we see how them ? living first? Can we get some questions answered? Can we least see more what the ? look like? I mean damn.

Anyway, not up to par with the first few alien movies, but still worth a watch.

:lol: "can we at least see what the ? look like"

You know them 7 foot ? got mad ass yo! Lol
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Movie is very good
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Alright, Ignore all these people complaining about not getting enough answers. It's a ? trilogy!!!!!! I gave people a pass on the first one. Because they didn't really make it clear that Prometheus was just the first in a trilogy. Until like after the movie's release. So I went into this film not expecting too many answers and I was highly entertained. This movie is just a piece of a 3 part story. The 3rd movie will have all the answers sway.

This movie brought back that feeling you had with the first or 2nd alien movies. It was basically a big tease for the 3rd film but it was a memorable film in it's own right.

David was a ? gangsta, the movie was really about him and the development of the aliens. David knows a lot and basically took over the planet. No doubt he will speak on the engineers in the final movie. They teased that epic scene with david and the engineers on purpose, this movie clearly wasn't about them. David was too human, he even went bat ? crazy like a human would. I knew he didn't have it all when he was in that cave playing the flute. That ? was just like them old school Dracula adaptations. When they walk up to his castle and it be thundering and lightning. Then Dracula starts playing that famous creepy song on the piano. He also sounded like Hannibal when he was talking.

Them aliens was ? vicious!!! They was straight up savages. That last scene was amazing. The alien on the outside of the drop ship got ? up with a mortal kombat finisher. Crazy chick trying to ? the alien had me in tears. I thought she was trying to get away but she was gonna try again lol!!!! She basically killed herself.

People are killing me saying they didn't get how the twist at the end happened. Being a scifi,horror, fantasy fan it was easy for me to figure it out. Also if you paid attention to how david was put back together from the last movie. You would have figured out what happened. It didn't take much.

Well, we know what planet they're going to now. It's gonna explain what was going on there when alien 1 started. We are gonna get lots of answers. That ? was sad with shaw, smh I almost shed a thug tear.

8 out of 10 Nice replay value. Don't go into this movie thinking you are gonna learn everything lol. Setting yourself up if you do that.

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This movie was so ? stupid. So the aliens are not alien wildlife they are just another byproduct of humanity's ? ups. Way to make space so ? small by making the rest of the universe instinctivelt have to depend on human nature. It's like the complete opposite of what good sci-fi is supposed to do. This ? is sci-fi for ? babies.
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    This movie was so ? stupid. So the aliens are not alien wildlife they are just another byproduct of humanity's ? ups. Way to make space so ? small by making the rest of the universe instinctivelt have to depend on human nature. It's like the complete opposite of what good sci-fi is supposed to do. This ? is sci-fi for ? babies.

lol you not too familiar with this series are you? If you paid attention to the last movie they were already created before we showed up. Remember that big ass painting or whatever the ? it was. It had pictures of them. We still don't know why though. There's another movie coming so it's not over. If they leave stuff up in the air in the 3rd one. Go ahead and rip the movie a new one. I'll be right there with you. I'm sure riddly knows this, so he aint gonna let us down. The driving force behind prequels is to tell the origin story. It will be wack as ? if the next one doesn't deliver.

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    PILL_COSBY wrote: »
    Broddie wrote: »

lol you not too familiar with this series are you? If you paid attention to the last movie they were already created before we showed up. Remember that big ass painting or whatever the ? it was. It had pictures of them. We still don't know why though. There's another movie coming so it's not over. If they leave stuff up in the air in the 3rd one. Go ahead and rip the movie a new one. I'll be right there with you. I'm sure riddly knows this, so he aint gonna let us down. The driving force behind prequels is to tell the origin story. It will be wack as ? if the next one doesn't deliver.

I been watching the Alien movies since the 80s. Miss me with this ? just because YOU are quick to accept these pointless retcons that contradict and come up with ? and unimaginative answers to everything we were intrigued by in the first 2 movies.

This movie couldn't even be loyal to Prometheus. It completely throws it and it's intriguing ending under a bus.

There is a reason this ? is being dragged through the coals. It deserves it for it's laziness and genericness. Keep in mind I enjoyed some of this movie but it was a monumental dissapointment and failure in the eyes of those of us who actually grew up with this ? and didn't just jump on the bandwagon cause "Alien is back".