2017 Official IC LMS Debates Thread - Rd 2 starts on Monday - America vs The World

Options

Comments

• yellowtapesport
    yellowtapesport Members Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I will be debating that cigarettes should be banned from society !!!!!!

Cigarettes have no positive benefits to a person or society. They cause many kinds of cancers, can negatively impact pregnancy causing deformities and other negative health issues, they also cause pollution too. Cigarettes are the leading cause of preventable death in the U.S !!!

Ladies and gentlemen, cigarettes should be banned from society and are slowly going that route with more places disallowing smoking, adding tighter restrictions, and health organisations like WHO and CDC trying very hard to add further awareness to the dangers of smoking to get people to stop it !!! In fact less people in the USA are smoking compared to past decades so there is progress !!

ba7c43c7fd3972d415600fdd1645e7e4.jpg

Each cigarette you smoke is killing you and aging you faster to an early death !!!

Did You Know ????

- The total economic cost of smoking is more than $300 billion a year !!! including nearly $170 billion in direct medical care for adults !! AND more than $156 billion in lost productivity due to premature death and exposure to secondhand smoke !!!! We could use that money for education, roads, healthcare, and more !!! You should see the economic cost of cancer..

- In 2017, states will collect $26.6 billion from tobacco taxes and legal settlements but will only spend $491.6 million—less than 2%—on prevention and cessation programs !! We're trying to end the plague of smoking so we can cut emission levels, have people live longer, cut pollution and prevent the leading preventable cause of death !!!

- The air pollution emitted by cigarettes is 10 times greater than diesel car exhaust. Environmental tobacco smoke produces fine particulate matter, which is the most dangerous element of air pollution for health.

Cancer is the biggest problem with cigarettes !! The nicotine, tar and dozens of poisonous chemicals are killing people, both from direct and second hand smoke and third hand smoke to our environment !! Cancer is the most feared word in the English language ! Cancer has taken many lives aaalll the love of money when these corporations lobby and do everything in their power to get it in the hands of people especially the youth. We do not NEED cigarettes in society we don't require it we don't need it. Cigarettes provide no positive health benefits, they are a burden on people, damage the environment and effectively ? people after a period of time ! We can prevent this preventable cause of death it is within our control.

We can prevent this cause of death, slash emissions and save the WORLD by banning cigarettes !!! We will not be SLAVES TO ADDICTION WE ARE NOT JUNKIES !!!!

Judges...

Compare the style, context, language, word choice/usage of this post to EVERY one of @Sion posts in the finance debate...

Sion wrote this ? ...

That ? couldn't be more obvious

? got BULLET POINTS, with percents and statistics...

Keep it 1000

? sion wanna be down so bad but you from Canada so America will always stuff off brand ? like you in toilets and flush lol

I been humble while y'all mans crept in and sexually assaulted Lem for his captain seat, but man this ? can't fool everybody...

I got time today...i'll post that ? novels in this thread for y'all

Where my ? @_Goldie_ at????
  • yellowtapesport
    Options
    How a ? go from typing on a 2nd grade level to writing PhD level power-point presentations in less than a month?

FOH
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How a ? go from typing on a 2nd grade level to writing PhD level power-point presentations in less than a month?

FOH

Shut up!!! Thats PhD english ?!!! Looool i feel bad for you son.

That being said i am calmly waiting for Gabi.
  • Paprika
    Paprika Members Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I will be debating that cigarettes should be banned from society !!!!!!

Cigarettes have no positive benefits to a person or society. They cause many kinds of cancers, can negatively impact pregnancy causing deformities and other negative health issues, they also cause pollution too. Cigarettes are the leading cause of preventable death in the U.S !!!

Ladies and gentlemen, cigarettes should be banned from society and are slowly going that route with more places disallowing smoking, adding tighter restrictions, and health organisations like WHO and CDC trying very hard to add further awareness to the dangers of smoking to get people to stop it !!! In fact less people in the USA are smoking compared to past decades so there is progress !!

ba7c43c7fd3972d415600fdd1645e7e4.jpg

Each cigarette you smoke is killing you and aging you faster to an early death !!!

Did You Know ????

- The total economic cost of smoking is more than $300 billion a year !!! including nearly $170 billion in direct medical care for adults !! AND more than $156 billion in lost productivity due to premature death and exposure to secondhand smoke !!!! We could use that money for education, roads, healthcare, and more !!! You should see the economic cost of cancer..

- In 2017, states will collect $26.6 billion from tobacco taxes and legal settlements but will only spend $491.6 million—less than 2%—on prevention and cessation programs !! We're trying to end the plague of smoking so we can cut emission levels, have people live longer, cut pollution and prevent the leading preventable cause of death !!!

- The air pollution emitted by cigarettes is 10 times greater than diesel car exhaust. Environmental tobacco smoke produces fine particulate matter, which is the most dangerous element of air pollution for health.

Cancer is the biggest problem with cigarettes !! The nicotine, tar and dozens of poisonous chemicals are killing people, both from direct and second hand smoke and third hand smoke to our environment !! Cancer is the most feared word in the English language ! Cancer has taken many lives aaalll the love of money when these corporations lobby and do everything in their power to get it in the hands of people especially the youth. We do not NEED cigarettes in society we don't require it we don't need it. Cigarettes provide no positive health benefits, they are a burden on people, damage the environment and effectively ? people after a period of time ! We can prevent this preventable cause of death it is within our control.

We can prevent this cause of death, slash emissions and save the WORLD by banning cigarettes !!! We will not be SLAVES TO ADDICTION WE ARE NOT JUNKIES !!!!

Judges...

Compare the style, context, language, word choice/usage of this post to EVERY one of @Sion posts in the finance debate...

Sion wrote this ? ...

That ? couldn't be more obvious

? got BULLET POINTS, with percents and statistics...

Keep it 1000

? sion wanna be down so bad but you from Canada so America will always stuff off brand ? like you in toilets and flush lol

I been humble while y'all mans crept in and sexually assaulted Lem for his captain seat, but man this ? can't fool everybody...

I got time today...i'll post that ? novels in this thread for y'all

Where my ? @_Goldie_ at????

Put your glasses on because you aren't reading for style. This is 100% Lem. Every person has a distinct way of writing and this is the same long winded, non-native English being written.

Statistics has a way of blending style towards the data if you don't have a voice powerful enough to counter it. It's pretty rare that one's own style can beat a percentage or foolproof data written by researchers. That's what I'm seeing here.

And Sion would not write a debate for someone else, it goes against the debating integrity of everyone involved. I have the PM's to prove it. That said, I haven't PM'd any of my teammates other than Sion.

Judges tread carefully as you may be setting a precedent that will change the outlook of the debate.
  • yellowtapesport
    Options
    Team USA will post ALL debate related ? if Team WORLD will do the same......

What say you

@Paprika
    @Sion
    @SimptimusLEMZUS
  • Paprika
    Paprika Members Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What say you

@Paprika
    @Sion
    @SimptimusLEMZUS

I'm sure it won't even come to that. The judges and 2stepz just need to reread his posts after reading mine.

I could point out all of his quirks and habits from his two posts, but I'm not judging.

Y'all are wishing this into fruition and are seeing what you want to see.
  • yellowtapesport
    Options

FOH

That being said i am calmly waiting for Gabi. Sion to write my next response.

#Reality

• Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Sion

Why not just move all the posts concerning the matter over to the general debate thread and let this one cook for the debate specifically.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mastery wrote: »
    The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence.

With that said, his posts this debate are definitely unlike his other posts.

Unless this can be unequivocally proven though, I'm not sure he can be disqualified.

@2stepz_ahead

What say you?

This ? is shaping up to be a good debate though.

@Sion

I disagree about not being able to argue against a ban. It's not what we know, it's who has the more convincing argument, regardless of which side they are on.

I'm almost positive had you been assigned mutual funds over stocks, you would have convinced us all that mutual funds was the way to go. Then after you (potentially) won, you'd have come back and set the record straight. Tell me I'm lying? Haha

I'm still investigating.....give me a bit. y'all ? moving too fast.

style don't change...they may improve but they don't change.

but yes, I am looking into it.
  • Mastery
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    @Sion

Why not just move all the posts concerning the matter over to the general debate thread and let this one cook for the debate specifically.

I'm mobile right now I need a desktop to do it properly.

I think you need to step your mobile game up ? haha

im7mbysqjx5j.gif
    orly.gif 889.9K
  • HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • yellowtapesport
    Options

What say you

@Paprika
    @Sion
    @SimptimusLEMZUS

What difference will it make ? You will say I deleted ? .

Something else I want to also say. In every single thread Team USA has derailed and brought up nonsense after nonsense in every debate thread. We have multiplatinum debate threads because y'all derail. For the billionth time I'm not ghostwriting, I may give you pointers but no way am I writing your entire ? or your research man, everyone has a right to Google or help. Man maybe I should have Ill Bot ban everyone from threads and we just let the judges and debaters debate free from y'all fuckery. There is a general debate thread and you ? NEVER post there only I have since round two started. Why don't yall vent there ? Is Gabi going to post or not ? What do you ? want ? For Lemmy to dumb it down and throw it all away ? The judges to change the sides and topic ? A free win ? Got dayum one judge came out and just said Gabi has the edge since her last post and that's STILL not enough. It's clear team USA doesn't want to debate. Maybe we should have Ill Bot ban everyone from this thread until it is over. ? whined about topics, whined about judges, whined about taking too long etc. ? wack. I am stepping away from this thread. Unless a judge or Unc summon me or ? want Ill Bot to ban cats from threads Im not responding.

Good luck to Lem and Gabi once more :+1:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Investment alert: Feelings have risen dramatically
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so as u see..
    as been said.. this aint about winnin or losin.. we got this..

never was my concern..
    we go whoop ass regardless..

but the ? yall tryin to pull is really takin the fun out the ? ..
    ? bout to go from bein a game to bein personal..

the blatant disrespect is thick in here..
    but whatever.. imma fall back and let this ? play out..

continue to spank this french ragoon ravioli muthafucka and his handlers..

'MURICA ? !!
  • CapitalB
    Options
    aye Chitterlings.. ? u and yo ? ass Raiders!!
    zzombie u unnatural ? !!
    Sion thats why Drake sucks and i hope JLo gives him the herp she got from Puffy..

yeh.. i went there!
  • Mastery
    Options
    I'll do it when I get home tho
    @Sion

z708hw61ow5r.jpg
  • CapitalB
    Options
    I'll do it when I get home tho
    @Sion

z708hw61ow5r.jpg

exactly..

these ? know they full of ? !
  • CapitalB
    Options
    FUUUCK YOUUUUUUU SIIOOOOOOOOONNNNN!!!

• CapitalB
    Options
    jus so we clear the clock runnin right!!?

whats wrong Lemur!!?

yo mans' ran out of ink!!?
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Sion can you join team world if you're in the United States
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    @Sion can you join team world if you're in the United States

whoa bruh.....

you can't be from the states.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    edited January 2017
    Options
    ok
    ...these are my findings.

when we had started the first debate, I was actually fighting for lem. a few people said he didn't speak well and they could not understand him I defended him saying he was fine (as in ok). got quite a few complaints about it. but it was allowed to go on.

a lot of words outta place, used wrong or outta context. but we understood. but in other post in adhd and irher placed, he was fine with no errors.

honestly, I can't prove it 100% but it does seem off or a bit different. I don't know. maybe he's sober or maybe he's ? . but I can not say 100% it is not him.

I checked everything, while it's some consistency, there are some differences. but I can not say this is legit plagiarism wholeheartedly.

so we must continue
  • yellowtapesport
    Options
    *cough*
    *cough*
    ?
    *cough*
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    *cough*
    *cough*
    ?
    *cough*

take a sip of water an speak ? .

what's on your chest?
  • yellowtapesport
    Options
    *cough*
    *cough*
    ?
    *cough*

take a sip of water an speak ? .

what's on your chest?

lol u got it 'unc'
  • Mastery
    Options
    Somebody move all these ? posts to the general thread!!!

@Sion