Chrisette Michele Loses Netflix Deal After Trump Performance

Options

Comments

• blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't really understand the impetus behind attacking any black person that has anything to do with Trump. Whether we like it or not, he's going to be president for the next four years. So we don't want any black people to have any ins with the president? We don't want any advocacy or representation. I ain't saying we need to be down with his corruption or ? , but it wouldn't serve our community in any way to take such a hard nosed approach. We can't just ignore dude for four years and expect anything to work out for us.
    Only right for yo ? azz to support this bs. Again, Trump is a racist white supremacist. Not only has he discriminated against black ppl, but he's OPENLY mocked black ppl in front of the world. He's also surrounded himself with other white supremacists in his cabinet. Now what respectful black person would align themselves with Donald Trump? FOH ?
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We should do this to rappers when they glorify gang bangin and drug dealing.

The race would be better off.

i actually agree wit u here..
    buuuuuuuut..

ur still a ? ..
    so u still got flagged abuse..
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't really understand the impetus behind attacking any black person that has anything to do with Trump. Whether we like it or not, he's going to be president for the next four years. So we don't want any black people to have any ins with the president? We don't want any advocacy or representation. I ain't saying we need to be down with his corruption or ? , but it wouldn't serve our community in any way to take such a hard nosed approach. We can't just ignore dude for four years and expect anything to work out for us.

I normally agree with the ? you say but nah, trumps a ? bigot, its not about his corruption, its bout the ? hes said and done, about who he is, and you know ? well he aint gonna do ? for blacks, this dude doesnt even really give a ? about regular ass people
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

It's not about attacking any black person that meets with or talks to Trump. It's about not allowing yourself to be used as a photo op which Trump is doing. It's about not being manipulated and used for his political agenda w/o getting anything back in return.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only right for yo ? azz to support this bs. Again, Trump is a racist white supremacist. Not only has he discriminated against black ppl, but he's OPENLY mocked black ppl in front of the world. He's also surrounded himself with other white supremacists in his cabinet. Now what respectful black person would align themselves with Donald Trump? FOH ?

Who said anything aligning with Trump? I know you're too stupid to actually discuss anything which is why you love using that word so much, but like it or not, dude is the president. None of that ? you said changes that. You don't have to like Trump or be his buddy or be on friendly terms. What we do have to do is get what we can get out of him, the same way we should get what we can get out of any politician. That's their whole point in existing. Pretty much every president ever was racist to some extent. If ? didn't work with them to make changes, we'd still be slaves and still be second class citizens. Use your head for more than a hat rack dumb ? . Who gives a ? if Trump is racist if someone can get him to make moves to improve the black community? I don't know what to say about you silly ? waiting for some day when magically all whites are nonracist and we don't have to deal with these people on our terms to get what we want from them.
    farris2k1 wrote: »

I normally agree with the ? you say but nah, trumps a ? bigot, its not about his corruption, its bout the ? hes said and done, about who he is, and you know ? well he aint gonna do ? for blacks, this dude doesnt even really give a ? about regular ass people

Trump is a ? , but he's also a businessman. He's been doing business with blacks for decades bigotry aside. Now dude is in the White House and ya'll really acting like we as a community need to ignore him for four years. Given all the crazy ? going on nowadays, do you really think that's the best way to proceed. I'm not saying you got to like Trump, but it doesn't make sense to bash blacks who are trying to build a relationship and make moves for the benefit of the black community.
    blackrain wrote: »

It's not about attacking any black person that meets with or talks to Trump. It's about not allowing yourself to be used as a photo op which Trump is doing. It's about not being manipulated and used for his political agenda w/o getting anything back in return.

How do you know they aren't getting anything back in return? How do you know Steve Harvey or Jim Brown weren't making moves to get higher level support for their efforts to help the community. You don't think a photo op is worth getting support in efforts that directly support the black community?

I'm not saying people should be buddying up to Trump and I agree with you that if all these people are trying to do is get their faces in the news, they should be criticized. That's not really what I was talking about though. I'm talking about people who take the call with the intentions of getting something out of it. If they can get it, they get it. If they can't they ? on Trump accordingly afterwards. What's wrong with that?
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options

Who said anything aligning with Trump? I know you're too stupid to actually discuss anything which is why you love using that word so much, but like it or not, dude is the president. None of that ? you said changes that. You don't have to like Trump or be his buddy or be on friendly terms. What we do have to do is get what we can get out of him, the same way we should get what we can get out of any politician. That's their whole point in existing. Pretty much every president ever was racist to some extent. If ? didn't work with them to make changes, we'd still be slaves and still be second class citizens. Use your head for more than a hat rack dumb ? . Who gives a ? if Trump is racist if someone can get him to make moves to improve the black community? I don't know what to say about you silly ? waiting for some day when magically all whites are nonracist and we don't have to deal with these people on our terms to get what we want from them.

Trump is a ? , but he's also a businessman. He's been doing business with blacks for decades bigotry aside. Now dude is in the White House and ya'll really acting like we as a community need to ignore him for four years. Given all the crazy ? going on nowadays, do you really think that's the best way to proceed. I'm not saying you got to like Trump, but it doesn't make sense to bash blacks who are trying to build a relationship and make moves for the benefit of the black community.

How do you know they aren't getting anything back in return? How do you know Steve Harvey or Jim Brown weren't making moves to get higher level support for their efforts to help the community. You don't think a photo op is worth getting support in efforts that directly support the black community?

I'm not saying people should be buddying up to Trump and I agree with you that if all these people are trying to do is get their faces in the news, they should be criticized. That's not really what I was talking about though. I'm talking about people who take the call with the intentions of getting something out of it. If they can get it, they get it. If they can't they ? on Trump accordingly afterwards. What's wrong with that?

Its obviously all emotion. Look at the name calling. I understand the emotional response but it doesnt make sense when looked at beyond the emotion. The big pivture. Its performing at the Presidential inauguration. Thats the big picture. Thats before Trump. Trump is a detail. It's the country's ceremony. She could have done that forher own interests. People can only assume all these emotional ideas. It makes no sense. It could have been as simple as a business decision. Anyway she did it the whiners mean nothing its over she got her check whats left to say? There will be other black people involved in government matters and are now. People who dont make sense, it is what it is its just now theres the computer so something else to filter. They dont have to get it or understand who cares it doesnt really matter. Now if someone really goes overboard with the compromising then thats one thing but even then its mostly a matter of personal opinion.
  • NoCompetition
    Options

The bolded really addresses something that makes no sense. The people who think black should sit in a corner and not be engaged can sit in their corner. Everybody isnt going to sit there with them. I still been going to work just like before the election. Issues will still be addressed and life will go on. They can say whatever they want it just gotta be ignored/treated accordingly as usual.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This whole situation and country is just messy. I see both sides of what she did. I would not have done it, but I don't have anything against her. I do get why there is backlash though and she should have realized how this would look or she just doesn't care. I just get tired of all this ? and I am really considering leaving this country, but is there any country without these problems?
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    This whole situation and country is just messy. I see both sides of what she did. I would not have done it, but I don't have anything against her. I do get why there is backlash though and she should have realized how this would look or she just doesn't care. I just get tired of all this ? and I am really considering leaving this country, but is there any country without these problems?

I feel you, and I think it's fair for people to criticize her. But people taking it to another level. Spike Lee is punishing the chick for it. Is that really necessary. We can't disagree without trying to destroy each other? That's why ? never get anywhere.
  • NoCompetition
    edited January 2017
    Options

I think about that too sometimes in different ways.
  • bkkbully
    bkkbully Members Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Plutarch wrote: »
    bkkbully wrote: »
    BEAM wrote: »
    Yea, this isn't so black and white..

She didn't support or endorse Trump, only performed at his Inauguration.. authentically, at that. No cooning, no posing, nothing.. She just performed for a $250,000 ~ $750,000 check. She was filler; Her presence had zero effect on anything other than her bank account.

Tbh, I'd rather not have had to see her there, but I can see that the only real outcome is outrage, not anything tangible..

this.

? mad about her singing meanwhile don't realize that Congress just introduced a bill to pull the USA out of the UN. don't get distracted, our president is media troll monster do NOT get distracted

You say that like it's a bad thing. I think we're better off out of the UN.

Oh word? The same UN who criticises America for its oppression towards us? The same UN who we as AA's actually have a valid case to present them with? Didn't someone just make a thread about this topic? Leaving The UN is not good for America or the world
  • bkkbully
    bkkbully Members Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

She didn't support or endorse Trump, only performed at his Inauguration.. authentically, at that. No cooning, no posing, nothing.. She just performed for a $250,000 ~ $750,000 check. She was filler; Her presence had zero effect on anything other than her bank account.

Tbh, I'd rather not have had to see her there, but I can see that the only real outcome is outrage, not anything tangible..

this.

? mad about her singing meanwhile don't realize that Congress just introduced a bill to pull the USA out of the UN. don't get distracted, our president is media troll monster do NOT get distracted

Why do people constantly say don't get distracted as if you can't pay attention to more than 1 thing at a time? You can be annoyed she performed for the President and still be mad at the ? Congress and Trump are going to try and do at the same time.

this.

Why do people constantly say don't get distracted as if you can't pay attention to more than 1 thing at a time? You can be annoyed she performed for the President and still be mad at the ? Congress and Trump are going to try and do at the same time.

I think the issue is a lot of people dont do that. They worry about somebody performing at a Presidential inauguration but didntt bother to vote for instance. They get mad at people for still being involved like people were going to stop doing their jobs and using opportunities just because Trump occupies the job. Doesnt make sense. Too many people just dont make sense and it has real implications.
    Thats crazy to hear by the way. The post you quoted.

Exactly, people say that but don't actually follow through so fall back on that lousy ass argument. yeah heres the congress link to the bill I was speaking about:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/193

It's not a lousy argument to say people can pay attention to more than 1 thing at a time. It's called being intelligent. Anyone who gets distracted by 1 issue so much they become blind to everything else ain't that bright. Thing is, most people actually do have the ability to care about more than 1 thing at a time and often do. The problem is this oppression Olympics game people play where they feel if you're not talking about the exact issue they want to hear about at that exact moment then somehow you've been distracted and aren't paying attention. Most people weren't even saying she was dumb for performing, it was the reasoning she gave for performing that got most people on her case. Using an MLK quote and then saying her singing for the Trump was going to mean some bridges would be built. If she truly thought that then she deserves to be called a ? . That doesn't mean people also aren't aware of or don't care about what congress is trying to do in terms of them trying to remove the US from the UN because they took 2 seconds to call someone an idiot

Yes, yes yes yes I know I know I know. I've heard this ? millions of time but rarely see people follow through. As you say, its called being intelligent. There aren't that many intelligent people in the world compared to the unintelligent.
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just noticed her last name isnt spelled Michelle
  • babelipsss
    babelipsss Members Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You don't have to love someone to do business with them. "Politics makes strange bedfellows"
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I still ? with Michele...
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    See if people actually voted maybe the situation would be different
  • RickyRich
    Options
    She's a singer/entertainer. She doesn't owe anybody or any race a damn thing.

Mfs so self righteous and call themselves standing for a cause that ultimately is misdirected and redundant.

How long are you mfs gonna hold individual black folks accountable for an entire race and culture?

None of you mfs send money back to Africa. None of you mfs have banded together and formed a new black era. All you crab in the bucket ass ? do is complain, try to outblack each other and pat yourselves on the back for doing so.

Facts.
  • RickyRich
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »
    since Lost one in 2006

i have never remotely though about Chrisette Michelle till she was brought up this week.

thats a span of 11 years...

Lie she did rick ross song wit drake
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dont let her let we will shun her mormons do it white Jews we will move like a knife cutting those that go aganist us...no longer we will turn cheeks..we are in a lions mouth an now we have become dragons
  • RickyRich
    Options
    What she did was wrong but maybe her money is tight . I never heard anyone talk about buying her album and i dont think i ever.came across her ablum either .
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    RickyRich wrote: »
    See if people actually voted maybe the situation would be different

More people voted for Trump. How you know those who didn't vite would have voted against Trump? Once again. Voting don't mean anything when you are a minority. Viting hasn't done ? . We have had Democrats how many times? What has changed?
  • NoCompetition
    edited January 2017
    Options
    By performing, she is supporting a regime that will harm countless black people including young black girls, perhaps ESPECIALLY young black girls. If she's strapped for cash and really needs it like that, it's her prerogative, but even that doesn't protect her from the repercussions in a free market. The black community has the freedom to respond in kind and she won't get another nickel from me.

How is she supporting it she realized the Presidential inauguration is a great opportunity doesnt mean she supports Trump business and feelings are often separated.and how is she losing an opportunity going to help her and why should she lose a great opportunity because of Trump? Thats losing and letting someone else take you off your game. She performed at the Presidential inauguration. Trump isnt all powerful. Its bigger than him. But its all irrelevant now. The naysayers lost she did it. The end. People can say whatever they want about it though true.
  • NoCompetition
    Options
    RickyRich wrote: »
    What she did was wrong but maybe her money is tight . I never heard anyone talk about buying her album and i dont think i ever.came across her ablum either .

Exactly it was a great opportunity for her. Fck all the emotional nonsense just from a business standpoint look at all the exposure and people talking. Doesnt mean she supports every or anything about Trump. But the fact is he is the President and people will be working with him simply for that fact. No way around it. Its simply performing at the Presidential inauguration which is bigger than Trump. The rest is things people add in their imagination and speculating. *shrug*.