Chrisette Michele Loses Netflix Deal After Trump Performance

Options

Comments

• harry knucklez
    harry knucklez Members Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Travis Green feat. Chrisette Michele - "Intentional" @ Inaugural Ball 2017

I'm not going to stop liking her because of this though. I think she had good intentions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9xNrBeMfM0

• VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah not much of an uproar over that in hindsight. Partially because its pretty much impossible that no black people will be involved in dealing with Government and the usual happenings just because Trump is in office. All of this"they met with Trump!" stuff is dying down on the "scandal" meter because its inevitable and there will be more and more going forward. Too much to get "outraged" about. Unless really deserving. Meeting with to discuss issues and agendas and doing your regular job doesnt really fall in that category though. Spike can do whatever he wants but, meh.

None of these celebrities are doing that though. Trump has not met with any activists or community leaders and I don't expect him to
  • ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    7figz wrote: »
    Another black celeb singled out. People can stand around and pose next to Hillary's racist crotch 24/7, but they get exiled if they sing at an inauguration? And wtf at Spike talking about "black history". I swear to ? the real ? are these people bending over backwards to kiss white liberal ass.

So people dislike Trump only to appease liberals ?

Nowhere did I say that though. People dislike Trump for a whole list of reasons. I'm speaking on how Chrisette is being treated to please white liberals. All these Hollywood celebs know where their checks come from. I work out here so I'm speaking from firsthand knowledge, ? is a joke. Note, these same white liberals don't even acknowledge non-white talent when it comes to awards unless it's "that" type of role. The role where Halle is assaulted, or Denzel is criminal, or we're slaves, etc. Denzel as Malcolm was a GOAT level performance but zero chance at winning for it. Blackish gets love because its a comedy like nearly every black show on TV, and our dramas are exploitation ? like Empire or Tyler Perry's ? dramas.

So when I see these same celebs, who were cool with Turmp when he hosted the apprentice and was a Dem, now.....throwing shade at black celebs who don't even endorse but just meet him or perform at an inauguration, it ? me off. They'll go sing for some Arab dude who beats women for $1 mil, but...Christtee is done?

[img]http://www.gossipcop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Spike-Lee-Donald-Trump-? -250x320.png[/img]

U just compared apples to oranges

How is it apples to oranges? explain.
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Spike putting her on blast was and is wack as hell.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    Another black celeb singled out. People can stand around and pose next to Hillary's racist crotch 24/7, but they get exiled if they sing at an inauguration? And wtf at Spike talking about "black history". I swear to ? the real ? are these people bending over backwards to kiss white liberal ass.

Nowhere did I say that though. People dislike Trump for a whole list of reasons. I'm speaking on how Chrisette is being treated to please white liberals. All these Hollywood celebs know where their checks come from. I work out here so I'm speaking from firsthand knowledge, ? is a joke. Note, these same white liberals don't even acknowledge non-white talent when it comes to awards unless it's "that" type of role. The role where Halle is assaulted, or Denzel is criminal, or we're slaves, etc. Denzel as Malcolm was a GOAT level performance but zero chance at winning for it. Blackish gets love because its a comedy like nearly every black show on TV, and our dramas are exploitation ? like Empire or Tyler Perry's ? dramas.

So when I see these same celebs, who were cool with Turmp when he hosted the apprentice and was a Dem, now.....throwing shade at black celebs who don't even endorse but just meet him or perform at an inauguration, it ? me off. They'll go sing for some Arab dude who beats women for $1 mil, but...Christtee is done?

[img]http://www.gossipcop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Spike-Lee-Donald-Trump-? -250x320.png[/img]

U just compared apples to oranges

How is it apples to oranges? explain.

U made Chrisette selling out to trump about white liberals... they have nothing to do with this.
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

they should have more disdain towards liberals if u ask me. lol & smmfh

but anyways..
    ? like this is a dangerous trend..

10yrs from now people go start commin up missin for their political beliefs and stances..
    the wigga won get the ? over it..

but to destroy a person or take away they livlihood for who they support is a dangerous territory we're entering..

and iuno if this ? even supports Trump..
    all she did was perform at the ? ..
    she said yes to "the most powerful man in the world"..

first this ? was funny.. then it became sad... but now its borderline insane..

Guess this is what "tolerance of the left" means??
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

but anyways..

10yrs from now people go start commin up missin for their political beliefs and stances..

but to destroy a person or take away they livlihood for who they support is a dangerous territory we're entering..

Ehh certain ? a person supports should bring them shame and ridicule from society.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

but anyways..

Ehh certain ? a person supports should bring them shame and ridicule from society.

? babies!? okay..

who the ? u want as a President?

no!
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i mean even the protests yesturday..
    the burning of the limos and ? ..

REALLY!?

this ? is like its out of a ? movie..

except roles have been reversed..
    anyone wouldve bet a yr ago that it would be the republicans goin bat ? crazy not accepting defeat..

the ignorant and violent ones..

"? was all good jus a yr ago."
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    The Presidency is bigger than Trump. Its an opportunity at the Presidential inauguration first and foremost. Its business if thats your job. Trump's the President but I know I aint about to stop my opportunities and I aint about to stop because he's president. Any thing else is nonsense from losers basically. Ignore social media and that insanity i've never been on any of it so who cares about that. This dont necessarily mean you support him or anything emotional. It means you sang at the Presidential inauguration which is bigger than Trump. That was here before him and will be after. People just gonna have to deal with black people making moves during his Presidency cause everybody aint going to join them in the do nothing complain boat. People gotta ignore all that/treat it accordingly
    That said if someone really compromises themselves, beyond doing their job or discussing something or even taking pictures then it can concievably cross a line. Depends on who you ask I guess. But there are people who just arent making sense with the sideline "criticism" I agree a lot of it is just crazy and emotion based. Which i understand but thats not how everything works though obviously nor is it the whole story. Anyway she did it, i didnt see it, i dont care but she got more exposure than this netflix thing would likely get her if it increases the black womans career thats her life and she is the one to deal with it.
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

but anyways..

Theres jealousy involved. Im no Trump supporter. But people live in fantasy world if they think black people arent going to be involved with the Government just because Trump is the President. That is simply not happening. People arent making sense. If someone really crosses a line (subjective for the most part) then thats one thing but getting mad cause black people are involved is really insane and the opposite of sense. A lot of do nothings who arent making moves mad cause others havent stopped and arent paralyzed too. Who else even has time to think like that? The rest have already started to move forward with the fact He won.
  • Go figure
    Options
    During election: "we need everyone to participate in democracy!!"

After election: "dont participate in democracy!!"

Funny thing is liberals are starting to target their own will only lead to them weakening their own party
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    i mean even the protests yesturday..
    the burning of the limos and ? ..

REALLY!?

this ? is like its out of a ? movie..

except roles have been reversed..
    anyone wouldve bet a yr ago that it would be the republicans goin bat ? crazy not accepting defeat..

the ignorant and violent ones..

"? was all good jus a yr ago."

Liberals weren't burning limos yesterday ...

That was an "anti-establishment" group that were dressed in black and violently protesting.

• Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Go figure wrote: »

Who said this?
  • Go figure
    Options
    Peace_79 wrote: »

Who said this?

The reaction to any black person who even stands next to trump
  • Go figure
    Options

Who said this?

U gonna act like trump supporters arent getting demonized?
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Who said this?

Is that a bad thing?
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Who said this?

The reaction to any black person who even stands next to trump

How the ? you think that from what's been said
  • Go figure
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

Who said this?

Is that a bad thing?

If youre turning into the alt left, yes