Comments

• Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She'll be copping pleas tomorrow

• desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Too easy. She did not have to partake in this event. In fact, there is a long list of celeb invites who refused to show up, and it had been a headline for the past two months that the administration was having trouble booking talent. That coalition was formed INTENTIONALLY as a block to make a statement against him and what he stands for. Did she not get the memo that the whole world is standing against this man? She consciously chose to cross the proverbial line and these are the results. Are you a member of a union? Because I am. Do you understand the impact of crossing the picket line? We are dead ass not in a time for celebrities to waver in influence when they have a platform, or rather the ear of the public.

Come on now, did you really think this response through? You're comparing what the celebrities did to a Strike, but that comparison is way off the mark. A strike is done by a unified group in agreement with the intention of accomplishing a real goal that benefits the group. This was nothing like that. It was a group of celebrities making decisions for themselves. Some decided one way. Others decided the other was. You can criticize CM for making what you believe is the wrong decision, but beating her up for crossing a line she was never behind is stupid. Especially dumb when you consider that the only goal of the protest was to say "? You" to Trump. It's not like her actions prevented anyone from accomplishing anything if substance.
    The boycott the government comparison is a shoddy false equivalency. We live in a white-run, white racist society and often times working for racists and with them is a necessary evil in order for us to feed our families, attend college, etc. An inauguration is a celebration. I don't know any black person celebrating the fact that we work for and rub shoulders with racist coworkers and employers. We clock in, clock out, and go about our lives. That is not avoidable for any black people in Western society. Chrisette was under no obligation to perform for this man who only days earlier insulted John Lewis, someone who has thrown his body in front of the KKK to be beaten while trying to effect change. Only black people have a hard time with this. Let him insult a Jew and you will be hard pressed to find ONE to perform for him. I'm not ? with her. You can buy what you wanna buy with your money.

Lol WTF? You just did nothing but excuse the actions you're OK with. No one is under any obligation to do any of the ? you listed so that's not a false equivalence. It's the exact same thing. You just acknowledged that some people work for racists to feed their families. Guess what she did, worked/performed for a racist to presumably feed her family. I didn't hear anything about her going out of her way to celebrate him. She did her job and that's it. And y'all ? love selling black people out in some half passed effort to make points. Other groups do not subscribe to this group thought the way you think they do. Last I checked Mel Gibson is still a player in Hollywood. You think he's not doing business with Jews? Dude went on a anti-Semitic rant. For goodness sake, ? ran on a real anti-Jew platform not this half-assed ? Trump did, and there were Jews that still signed up for the ? party. Y'all got to cut this ? out. Stop making ? up for the sole purpose of throwing other black people under the bus. Ole crab in the barrel ass Negros.

what? lol

so we're going to act as though cm doesn't have far greater economic autonomy than the average blk person?

and mel gibson was blacklisted immediately after his tirade. he has appeared/directed in less than 3 major films over the last 10 yrs. he is not a big player....stop

trump built his campaign on racism, xenophobia and sexism. cm knew this. yet rather than use the invite as an opportunity to rebuke his actions, she chose to participate in his inauguration further normalizing his antics. her fans have the right to be disappointed at the very least

my biggest issue is that she is now tryna play the victim and pretend as though this wasn't just a job for her

Does she? I don't know anything about her finances. I've seen more than enough rich black people end up broke to know you can't take for granted that someone is financially secure just because they have a name.

And yes, there was a backlash against Mel just as there always is a backlash against any major figure that speaks out against blacks. Mel may not be the player he has been, but acted and produced in successful movies since then and you know Jews were a part of that process, So, clearly there are Jews that work with people that badmouth them just like there are blacks that work with people that badmouth us. So stop the nonsense.

Yes, her fans have a right to be disappointed in her. I have not problem with that. I do have a problem with people vilifying her over some trivial ? . She's not a civil rights activist and never proclaimed to stand for that. Trump is the bad guy, but ? are putting way more effort into tearing down a thoughtless black chick than they are into standing up to the corrupt politician.

And you're right. She's not a victim, but playing the victim is what ya'll women do when you feel the heat. (I'm just messing with you................sort of).
    7figz wrote: »
    I smell faulty logic.

"People never do anything... so why should they do something now ?"

"People don't care about Trump's policies but they're reacting to people who associate with Trump"

That's not faulty logic. That's called a misrepresentation of the points.

No one said that people couldn't criticize CM, but there is a problem with putting more energy into criticizing her than into reacting what Trump is actually doing.

I don't know her finances either but I will bet money she isn't struggling and would never have to want for work too long lol

Sure some Jews have never stopped working with Gibson or see a problem with him personally. And vice versa

Same as there are blks who will still continue to support cm. And vice versa

Not sure what ur point was other than trying to single out Blk ppl for something other groups do just as much

And maybe you should tell her she's not some great civil rights activist. Based off her thoughts on the outrage she have you believe she was some political martyr. She should have never commented on the situation rather than talking about trying to "build bridges" and all that

On another note it's interesting Trump invites the likes of Steve Harvey and Kanye to discuss "Blk" issues... but life long Blk academics and activist like Thomas Sowell, Cornel West aren't welcome or rather he believes they wouldn't take up his offer
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That ? probably lying and hoping that them racist set up a gofundme for her like they did that marching band
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't know her finances either but I will bet money she isn't struggling and would never have to want for work too long lol

Sure some Jews have never stopped working with Gibson or see a problem with him personally. And vice versa

Not sure what ur point was other than trying to single out Blk ppl for something other groups do just as much

And maybe you should tell her she's not some great civil rights activist. Based off her thoughts on the outrage she have you believe she was some political martyr. She should have never commented on the situation rather than talking about trying to "build bridges" and all that

On another note it's interesting Trump invites the likes of Steve Harvey and Kanye to discuss "Blk" issues... but life long Blk academics and activist like Thomas Sowell, Cornel West aren't welcome or rather he believes they wouldn't take up his offer

1) If none of us know her finances, it doesn't really make sense to speculate whether she needed the money or not.

2) You seem to be confused. My point was that black people aren't the only ones to do it, other groups do it too. OB was the one claiming that it was some kind of problem unique to blacks. You're fighting me on this, but you basically just agreed with me.

3) I'm not defending anything she's said since then. If she's out there saying dumb ? , that's on her. But I'm not sure what you expect. She basically had the whole black community coming at her like she betrayed the whole black community. She was probably just speaking out of desperation.

4) You're giving Trump way too much credit. Dude doesn't even invite white academics to discuss important issues. The man is a clown. His cabinet is filled with a bunch of people who are completely unqualified for the jobs he's assigned them. You think someone like that is actually going to reach out to blk scholars over blk pop stars?
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My baby Crisette getting the biggest publicity on these forums ever...

Who would've known? :3
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damnkp wrote: »
    ? out here turning on each other like Democrats or Republicans ever gave a ? about them. Why we not boycotting all the non black owned businesses that prosper in our neighbourhoods? Them Asians and Indians disrespect blacks everyday and ? still do business with them.

Facts
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I never bought her albums so I don't care about her performing at the inauguration
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Go figure wrote: »
    it was all good just 5 months ago

law7jrcyc9bi.png

She thick af, looking good.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    She'll be copping pleas tomorrow

posted

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/544971/the-official-breakfast-club-interview-thread
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Go figure wrote: »
    it was all good just 5 months ago

law7jrcyc9bi.png

? DAM THIS ? GOT BIG !

I'm beginning to think it's not the industry's fault she ain't make more money. This chick been eatin' her ass off.
    She's always been on the plus size train.
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxYqpizVyrE
    Chrisette Michele has taken her frustration over the backlash she's faced for performing at the Presidential Inauguration to the page, and brought about the emotions she's been dealing with through a poem fittingly titled "No Political Genius."

The Grammy Award-winning singer coined the "no political genius" phrase in the closing of an open letter ["We Can't Be Present If We're Silent"] she penned in response to the uproar her decision to join the Inauguration Ball lineup caused. Since agreeing to welcome Donald Trump into office, Michele has faced a firestorm on social media, and has been the subject of ridicule by some of her fellow entertainers. Most notable among her critics, was Spike Lee, who immediately axed her music from his upcoming Netflix series, "She's Gotta Have It."

Michele starts off her lyrical piece making reference to Lee, and unloads from that point on, spitting: "I am the black song that Spike Lee won't sing / I am the black voice inauguration bells ring / I am the black sheep disguising the scared wolf / No, I am the black elephant in the red room scared shook / White House invites me, you can call me their ? / I am the butterfly growing from history's cocoon."
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She lost one.....
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    My baby Crisette getting the biggest publicity on these forums ever...

Who would've known? :3

Not all publicity is good publicity.
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chrisette Michele has taken her frustration over the backlash she's faced for performing at the Presidential Inauguration to the page, and brought about the emotions she's been dealing with through a poem fittingly titled "No Political Genius."

The Grammy Award-winning singer coined the "no political genius" phrase in the closing of an open letter ["We Can't Be Present If We're Silent"] she penned in response to the uproar her decision to join the Inauguration Ball lineup caused. Since agreeing to welcome Donald Trump into office, Michele has faced a firestorm on social media, and has been the subject of ridicule by some of her fellow entertainers. Most notable among her critics, was Spike Lee, who immediately axed her music from his upcoming Netflix series, "She's Gotta Have It."

Michele starts off her lyrical piece making reference to Lee, and unloads from that point on, spitting: "I am the black song that Spike Lee won't sing / I am the black voice inauguration bells ring / I am the black sheep disguising the scared wolf / No, I am the black elephant in the red room scared shook / White House invites me, you can call me their ? / I am the butterfly growing from history's cocoon."

First off man it would serve people like this to stay off social media. That solves a lot of hearing chatter from nobodies. Why even get involved in any of that? Other than that, I havent heard anything about this except from this site. Nobody out there is talking about it that i've really heard or if they were its over. She would be exposed to more since its actually her but eliminating social media would knock most of that out.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Too easy. She did not have to partake in this event. In fact, there is a long list of celeb invites who refused to show up, and it had been a headline for the past two months that the administration was having trouble booking talent. That coalition was formed INTENTIONALLY as a block to make a statement against him and what he stands for. Did she not get the memo that the whole world is standing against this man? She consciously chose to cross the proverbial line and these are the results. Are you a member of a union? Because I am. Do you understand the impact of crossing the picket line? We are dead ass not in a time for celebrities to waver in influence when they have a platform, or rather the ear of the public.

Come on now, did you really think this response through? You're comparing what the celebrities did to a Strike, but that comparison is way off the mark. A strike is done by a unified group in agreement with the intention of accomplishing a real goal that benefits the group. This was nothing like that. It was a group of celebrities making decisions for themselves. Some decided one way. Others decided the other was. You can criticize CM for making what you believe is the wrong decision, but beating her up for crossing a line she was never behind is stupid. Especially dumb when you consider that the only goal of the protest was to say "? You" to Trump. It's not like her actions prevented anyone from accomplishing anything if substance.
    The boycott the government comparison is a shoddy false equivalency. We live in a white-run, white racist society and often times working for racists and with them is a necessary evil in order for us to feed our families, attend college, etc. An inauguration is a celebration. I don't know any black person celebrating the fact that we work for and rub shoulders with racist coworkers and employers. We clock in, clock out, and go about our lives. That is not avoidable for any black people in Western society. Chrisette was under no obligation to perform for this man who only days earlier insulted John Lewis, someone who has thrown his body in front of the KKK to be beaten while trying to effect change. Only black people have a hard time with this. Let him insult a Jew and you will be hard pressed to find ONE to perform for him. I'm not ? with her. You can buy what you wanna buy with your money.

Lol WTF? You just did nothing but excuse the actions you're OK with. No one is under any obligation to do any of the ? you listed so that's not a false equivalence. It's the exact same thing. You just acknowledged that some people work for racists to feed their families. Guess what she did, worked/performed for a racist to presumably feed her family. I didn't hear anything about her going out of her way to celebrate him. She did her job and that's it. And y'all ? love selling black people out in some half passed effort to make points. Other groups do not subscribe to this group thought the way you think they do. Last I checked Mel Gibson is still a player in Hollywood. You think he's not doing business with Jews? Dude went on a anti-Semitic rant. For goodness sake, ? ran on a real anti-Jew platform not this half-assed ? Trump did, and there were Jews that still signed up for the ? party. Y'all got to cut this ? out. Stop making ? up for the sole purpose of throwing other black people under the bus. Ole crab in the barrel ass Negros.

what? lol

so we're going to act as though cm doesn't have far greater economic autonomy than the average blk person?

and mel gibson was blacklisted immediately after his tirade. he has appeared/directed in less than 3 major films over the last 10 yrs. he is not a big player....stop

trump built his campaign on racism, xenophobia and sexism. cm knew this. yet rather than use the invite as an opportunity to rebuke his actions, she chose to participate in his inauguration further normalizing his antics. her fans have the right to be disappointed at the very least

my biggest issue is that she is now tryna play the victim and pretend as though this wasn't just a job for her

Does she? I don't know anything about her finances. I've seen more than enough rich black people end up broke to know you can't take for granted that someone is financially secure just because they have a name.

And yes, there was a backlash against Mel just as there always is a backlash against any major figure that speaks out against blacks. Mel may not be the player he has been, but acted and produced in successful movies since then and you know Jews were a part of that process, So, clearly there are Jews that work with people that badmouth them just like there are blacks that work with people that badmouth us. So stop the nonsense.

Yes, her fans have a right to be disappointed in her. I have not problem with that. I do have a problem with people vilifying her over some trivial ? . She's not a civil rights activist and never proclaimed to stand for that. Trump is the bad guy, but ? are putting way more effort into tearing down a thoughtless black chick than they are into standing up to the corrupt politician.

And you're right. She's not a victim, but playing the victim is what ya'll women do when you feel the heat. (I'm just messing with you................sort of).
    I smell faulty logic.

"People don't care about Trump's policies but they're reacting to people who associate with Trump"

No one said that people couldn't criticize CM, but there is a problem with putting more energy into criticizing her than into reacting what Trump is actually doing.

I don't see it as "more" at all. How are you quantifying this ?
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

First off man it would serve people like this to stay off social media. That solves a lot of hearing chatter from nobodies. Why even get involved in any of that? Other than that, I havent heard anything about this except from this site. Nobody out there is talking about it that i've really heard or if they were its over. She would be exposed to more since its actually her but eliminating social media would knock most of that out.

true a lot of this is 'internet controversy' BUT considering Spike took some money out her pocket its definitely real to her
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

dope
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    Another black celeb singled out. People can stand around and pose next to Hillary's racist crotch 24/7, but they get exiled if they sing at an inauguration? And wtf at Spike talking about "black history". I swear to ? the real ? are these people bending over backwards to kiss white liberal ass.

So people dislike Trump only to appease liberals ?

Nowhere did I say that though. People dislike Trump for a whole list of reasons. I'm speaking on how Chrisette is being treated to please white liberals. All these Hollywood celebs know where their checks come from. I work out here so I'm speaking from firsthand knowledge, ? is a joke. Note, these same white liberals don't even acknowledge non-white talent when it comes to awards unless it's "that" type of role. The role where Halle is assaulted, or Denzel is criminal, or we're slaves, etc. Denzel as Malcolm was a GOAT level performance but zero chance at winning for it. Blackish gets love because its a comedy like nearly every black show on TV, and our dramas are exploitation ? like Empire or Tyler Perry's ? dramas.

So when I see these same celebs, who were cool with Turmp when he hosted the apprentice and was a Dem, now.....throwing shade at black celebs who don't even endorse but just meet him or perform at an inauguration, it ? me off. They'll go sing for some Arab dude who beats women for $1 mil, but...Christtee is done?

[img]http://www.gossipcop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Spike-Lee-Donald-Trump-? -250x320.png[/img]

U just compared apples to oranges

Not even that the ? wasn't popping all the crazy ? nor running for president when that pic was taken
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

what? lol

I smell faulty logic.

Where is the uproar over the ? he's been doing since he's been in office? I haven't seen any at all from blacks. Maybe you have.
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

1) If none of us know her finances, it doesn't really make sense to speculate whether she needed the money or not.

yea let's take her word for it

2) You seem to be confused. My point was that black people aren't the only ones to do it, other groups do it too. OB was the one claiming that it was some kind of problem unique to blacks. You're fighting me on this, but you basically just agreed with me.

wait

maybe I am confused

i was referring to when you posted:

[/quote]
    Other groups do not subscribe to this group thought the way you think they do. Last I checked Mel Gibson is still a player in Hollywood. You think he's not doing business with Jews? Dude went on a anti-Semitic rant. For goodness sake, ? ran on a real anti-Jew platform not this half-assed ? Trump did, and there were Jews that still signed up for the ? party[/quote]

i interpreted that to mean non blks do not play/subscribe to group politics to the extent of blk ppl, which I highly disagree with

3) I'm not defending anything she's said since then. If she's out there saying dumb ? , that's on her. But I'm not sure what you expect. She basically had the whole black community coming at her like she betrayed the whole black community. She was probably just speaking out of desperation..

the whole blk community? I dunno about that

i get she is trying to do damage control

but she is def not doing herself any favors with the poems and ?

4) You're giving Trump way too much credit. Dude doesn't even invite white academics to discuss important issues. The man is a clown. His cabinet is filled with a bunch of people who are completely unqualified for the jobs he's assigned them. You think someone like that is actually going to reach out to blk scholars over blk pop stars?

my only point was, this is directed towards you, is it is painfully obvious that trump isn't trying to actually build bridges with the blk community

these meetings with the likes of jim brown are just for show

anyone who thinks differently is sadly mistaken

• Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

what? lol

I smell faulty logic.

Where is the uproar over the ? he's been doing since he's been in office? I haven't seen any at all from blacks. Maybe you have.

Are you serious?

That is all folks in my circle is talking about - this dude is already ? up and the ink ain't even dry yet.
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited January 2017
    Options

I'm not taking anyone's word on it. I'm declining to argue over that point. I don't have the information necessary to discuss it, so I have no basis to question it.

wait

maybe I am confused

i was referring to when you posted:
    Other groups do not subscribe to this group thought the way you think they do. Last I checked Mel Gibson is still a player in Hollywood. You think he's not doing business with Jews? Dude went on a anti-Semitic rant. For goodness sake, ? ran on a real anti-Jew platform not this half-assed ? Trump did, and there were Jews that still signed up for the ? party[/quote]

i interpreted that to mean non blks do not play/subscribe to group politics to the extent of blk ppl, which I highly disagree with[/quote]

Yeah, you're confused. You have to look back at OB's post. She claimed that blacks are the only ones who don't stick together 100% on issues like this and used Jews as an example of a group that wouldn't have a "Chrisette Michelle." I was saying that other groups don't have this perfect hive mind that people like to claim. They have people who step out of bounds and go against the group desire too.

People love claiming they are down for blacks, but are quick as hell to boost up other groups just to tear us down.

the whole blk community? I dunno about that

i get she is trying to do damage control

but she is def not doing herself any favors with the poems and ?

Yeah, you know what I mean though. She probably felt like the whole community was down on her. I don't know. For some reason, people have a problem just apologizing or not apologizing and moving on. You're right, this extra ? is stupid.

my only point was, this is directed towards you, is it is painfully obvious that trump isn't trying to actually build bridges with the blk community

these meetings with the likes of jim brown are just for show

anyone who thinks differently is sadly mistaken

I get it. I do. And I understand why people are saying I'm just trying to defend ? . However, I still see it as a necessary evil. I don't agree with Jim Brown singing Trump's praises the he's doing, but if Trump invites a black person to the White House, I think it's fair for that person to go there and at least try to use him. I don't think Trump is sincere in trying to build with the black community. But I do think Trump can be played. He's really not that bright.
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    Are you serious?

That is all folks in my circle is talking about - this dude is already ? up and the ink ain't even dry yet.

I don't know anything about your circle. I'm going by news outlets, other forums, and the people around me. I heard plenty about CM, but there is barely a peep about all these crazy ass executive orders Trump is signing.
  • optimistic
    optimistic Members Posts: 659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People screaming that CM won't get money out they pocket because she sang but ? with people who could give 2 ? about them spending all they money with them. Those disrespectful ass Arabs stay getting money from us but we steady go in theirs store, the irony

I don't, and I bet I ain't the only one (@ the bolded)... just sayin.

Word

I wish ? would stop trying to tell me what I support and don't support. Bunch of conservative talking point ? . "you don't ? with CM, but you buy blunts from the papi store and his dad worked for Trump "
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    What news outlets are you reading and watching that aren't focusing on Trumps executive orders? There's a bunch of ? being written about what Trump has done so far. It ain't hard to find at all
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I don't know anything about your circle. I'm going by news outlets, other forums, and the people around me. I heard plenty about CM, but there is barely a peep about all these crazy ass executive orders Trump is signing.

What are those! cause my News Outlets stay flooded with Trump F*ckery. Even the shaderoom on Instagram be coming with headlines about Trump.