The Official 2017 NFL Offseason/Draft Thread

Options

Comments

• natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    We need a bigger wr in the 63 -6'4 range. we had 2 lots wrs and Cruz was older and injury prone. Hopefully Perkins gets his shine. We need to work on our o line.

Jennings just got cut and we cleared off 10 million just on those 2 alone. Maybe they get DRC to restructure his deal and get another 4 mil off that. Be nice if Eli restructure his ? too and we use the $ to fix the line...Eli would basically be investing in his own health.
  • King_MOEbra
    King_MOEbra Members Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't see no team ? with my Browns.
  • bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We need a bigger wr in the 63 -6'4 range. we had 2 lots wrs and Cruz was older and injury prone. Hopefully Perkins gets his shine. We need to work on our o line.

The O line is the key. If that line don't get worked on I don't care who in the backfield, he ain't getting the yards.
  • King_MOEbra
    King_MOEbra Members Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

When it comes to mismanagement...no..there isnt...you sir are correct in your assessment.

We have a healthy RG3; we got this.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    marc123 wrote: »
    Jets got alotta needs. ILB, RB, OL, CB, NT and edge pass rusher.

With the 6th pick. I think we will go CB, maybe Lattimore. But if he is still available, I think we should take Fournette.

But since we have so many needs, Jets should trade down, stock pile more picks and try to build up the roster for the future. Cuz with no QB on the roster who is ready to start, odds are we are gonna suck again next year. So we should jus punt on 2017. And focus on rebuilding the offensive line, trading for a bridge QB (trade a 6th rounder to LA for Chase Keenum)and finally let the Hackenberg era begin over the last 6 gms....then with all the holes filled with all the draft picks, Hackenberg now ready to be a full time starter and with a top 5 pick in next years draft. We can start fresh in 2018.

@5th Letter

I'm down for trading down and stockpiling picks. But if we have another bad season the fans and media is not going to tolerate that. I could see them spending money and signing a few veterans just to stay competitive.

That's why GM Mike Mcg need to sit down and sell Woody on the 2 year plan.

why? jus to go 8-8, 9-7. cycle of mediocrity, its best to jus tank for a year. If we're gonna suck, might as well go all in & really suck nh. Do all the ? I said and then go from there. Aint gonna be easy, bt they gotta do it imo

I agree with rebuilding (nosign on trading for Case Keenum though) but I've seen this movie before. McCagnan and Bowles especially Bowles is on the hot seat right now, another bad year and they might be gone. Had they just kept on rebuilding after 2014 instead of a quick fix in 2015 things would be better for us now imo.

u not down for bringing in Chase Keenum? We need a bridge QB tho, Hack aint ready yet & Petty aint a starter. Who would u bring in to start week 1???

1. Tyrod Taylor/Kirk Cousins
    2. Geno Smith
    3. Glennon/McCarron

In that order.

Taylor - is too hit or miss imo
    Cousins - why would we pay a solid QB 23+ mill a year. when the rest of the team is not SB ready.
    Geno - gtfoh
    Glennon - the jury is still out. but I doubt he is anything more than decent.
    McCarron - Pass
  • natural born sinners
    Options

When it comes to mismanagement...no..there isnt...you sir are correct in your assessment.

We have a healthy RG3; we got this.

I will always root for an RG3 comeback...but dude can't stay out his own way...
  • natural born sinners
    Options
    bigev240 wrote: »

The O line is the key. If that line don't get worked on I don't care who in the backfield, he ain't getting the yards.

Would like to see Perkins running behind a competent line..would also like to see Giants mimic what the Falcons are doing with Freeman and coleman...and use two back formations..vereen n Perkins can both catch the ball, so is possible. It would open up the passing game and long plays for OBJ n sheppard
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jets fans killing me talking about throwing the season already smh
  • onetoughmiracle
    onetoughmiracle Members Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When I first heard the news about Cruz:

iy22gkjm3bc1.gif

Then I read @natural born sinners post:

Hate to see Cruz go but he just doesn't fit in the teams plans...financially or physically. I also think that Miami boat trip was the nail in the coffin...only reason to keep a vet around is to avoid that specific type of scenario. Hope we go after a big body WR to play on the outside. Hope we use that money we just freed up wisely... on a LT or on Hankins or jpp...still think some team is going to jump out the window n overpay jpp n Giants will be wise to not get into a bidding war

alonzo-mourning-heat-upset-then-realization.gif
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jets fans killing me talking about throwing the season already smh

Like they had a choice

• Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Burt Breer says Hightower is already out the door smh

Being spoiled by championships aside, being a Pats fan would drive me crazy they way they just cavalierly send good players packing

But I mean it seems to always work out in the end, so...
  • natural born sinners
    Options
  • natural born sinners
    Options

Being spoiled by championships aside, being a Pats fan would drive me crazy they way they just cavalierly send good players packing

Players are forced to buy in or get shipped out to cleveland...lol
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yea but you can say goodbye to that number 1 defense without Hightower, it may work itself out but it don't always work itself out right away, especially after trading Jones a year ago and Collins during the year I knew we couldn't keep them all but Hightower should be treated like he's Brady on that side of the ball, I'd rather not start over on defense with Brady playing at 40, and who knows if Gronk will ever get right, Brady will still get us to the afc championship like he always does but that's when our flaws usually catch up to us
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I want Berry or Hightower. Wouldn't mind Alshon on an incentive laced contract. Those 3 are at the top of my wishlist.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Wouldn't surprise me if we go after Hightower
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Jennings just got cut and we cleared off 10 million just on those 2 alone. Maybe they get DRC to restructure his deal and get another 4 mil off that. Be nice if Eli restructure his ? too and we use the $ to fix the line...Eli would basically be investing in his own health.

We better keep those 3 corners together
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

We have no fullback sigh ...
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,479 Regulator
    Options
  • natural born sinners
    Options

We better keep those 3 corners together

They'll probably ask DRC to take a pay cut and if he say no...that might get problematic. I would like to see those 3 corners with a healthy Darian Thompson and Collins back there
  • natural born sinners
    Options

We have no fullback sigh ...

I believe that TE/FB we signed from the Steelers is still under contract...he should be back
  • Alpha_Ambition
    Alpha_Ambition Members Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Moss 40th bday the other day and nfl put all of his 40 yard tds

https://youtu.be/1Q7lGl_EfbE
  • natural born sinners
    Options
    Question for 49ers fans...how did Harbaugh hide Kap's inefficiency issues for so long